This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Performance Show 6: Past AI and International

Topic » Performance Show 6: Past AI..

4231 days 8 hours ago
krisbliss
Welcome to the sixth performance show!! For this round, you will be submitting two songs.

First song:
The first song will be a song from a previous contestant from American Idol. This would be an original song that they recorded and not just a cover they performed on the show. 

Second Song:
The second song will be an International song. In order to qualify as International, the song must be non-English speaking.

Please MAIL your submissions to me. The deadline for submission for this round is Tuesday, September 4th at 11:59 PM EST. This is the final round before the finale so make sure you give it your very best!! Good luck everyone.
4231 days 4 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Question: Does the song have to be 100% in a language other than English, or can there be a bit of english in the mix?
4231 days 3 hours ago
krisbliss
It can be a mix if you like :).
4224 days 4 hours ago
Wonderland
I'm going to have to quit this.. sorry guys.
I dont have the time to record.
4221 days 15 hours ago
krisbliss
Sorry you have to drop out Amy :(. Thanks for joining and participating!! Sadly, RJ also had to drop out, and GurlBai hasn't been online in a while and looks to have left tengaged for the time being.  Both Tolis and Derek submitted their recordings for this round and have both made it to the finale! Congrats to both of you. Even though Tolis and Derek have already both advanced to the finale, the judges will still comment/rank them based on their performances for this round so they can receive some more feedback before heading into the finale!

So, here are their performances for this round:

Theme 1: Past AI Contestant's

1. TolisKalkas:  http://www.soundcloud.com/djtoliskalkas/tiasweek6tolis1
2  FlameonX:  http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/b36e130b4

Theme 2:  International Songs

1. TolisKalkas:  http://www.soundcloud.com/djtoliskalkas/tiasweek6tolis2
2. FlameonX:  http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/b06b36b74

Judges, please comment/rank each theme separately. Thanks!!
4221 days 15 hours ago
sokerdude7
LOL I'll do this tomorrow :)
4221 days 7 hours ago
Jermin119
i love how people just drop out and people who want to be here are just sent home
4221 days 1 hour ago
sokerdude7
::Past AI Contestants::

TolisKalkas - Oh my! You sure did pick a hard song to battle through this week. Carrie Underwood has a really powerful voice and I am not sure you were up to the match! It fell flat for me and lacking the power you usually can convey.

FlameonX  - Nice choice with Elliott Yamin, this song fits your voice stylistically. You did a really nice job with it but some parts the timing sounded a bit off. But really a nice performance from you!

Ranking
1 - FlameonX
2 - TolisKalkas

::International Songs::

TolisKalkas - If I knew what you were saying.... I might like it more. HA I am just not a fan of this theme. It sounds good, but I am so not familiar with the song so I am not sure how I can really judge you. There is more power and emotion than your other performance this week so thats a plus.

FlameonX - Again I have nooooo clue what you are singing but it sounds sweet and soft. For all I know you could be telling me to go to hell and I would be clapping in the audience like a fat woman getting free hot cakes! Again it's sweet and your voice sounds good but I am not sure what else this performance brings to the table.

Ranking
1 - TolisKalkas
2 - FlameonX

(I pretty much just went off pure emotion and how I was left feeling after the two performances for the international, neither were bad I just have no idea what to say, judge, or rank.)
4220 days 7 hours ago
Kellyt210
::Past AI Contestants::

TolisKalkas - I love this song! I think you did quite well, as John said, Carry Underwood has a very powerful voice. I also felt like there were some flat bits in this song, but you put your all into it and i enjoyed it.

FlameonX  - I can't say I've ever heard this song, but i think you sung it really well. It was a great choice, and really suited you. Again, as John said, there was a bit of timing problems, but you pulled this off really well, well done!

Ranking:

1 - FlameonX
2 - TolisKalkas

::International Songs::

TolisKalkas -  I really liked this actually, i think you did really well. I'm not a fan of these types of songs, because its pretty hard to find things to judge on, but you seemed to be in tune and you seemed fluent. I think you worked really hard of this and you pulled it off in my opinion.  I felt like you really connected with this song on an emotional level :P

FlameonX - I think you did well this week, you seemed to know all the lyrics. It was a nice song, but again i'm not really sure what i'm looking for as i don't have a clue what you're saying. Well done though, you did a good job

Ranking:

1 - TolisKalkas
2 - FlameonX
4218 days ago
funnylookinkid
Sorry this is so late! School started last week and, as you can imagine, school is nuts at this time of year!

Past AI Contestants

Tolis - I gotta be honest: I didn't exactly love it. I don't know that you should have selected a Carrie Underwood song -- there's plenty of songs from people like Ruben (Flying Without Wings) or even Kelly (A Moment Like This, Breakaway) that I think would have suited your voice a lot better. Your diction was difficult to understand, and at parts where you needed to hit the higher notes, I think your voice sounded a bit strained. When you hit the bridge I expected the song to pick up, but it never did for me. I think your ultimate undoing was the song choice.

Flame -I like that you chose a contestant like Elliot, who isn't typically the first person that comes to mind when it comes to past contestants. He's got such a bluesy voice that lends itself well to R&B -- and I think that might have been your mistake. I don't know that your voice suited the song perfectly. It sounded more like melodic speaking than it did singing. Overall, a decent job, but definitely not your best.

Ranking:
1. FlameOnX
2. Tolis

International

Tolis -You already know what I'm going to say! The Spanish pronunciation bugs me, only because I speak Spanish, but I think to unilingual ears this isn't bad. The best parts of the song are the parts where you're singing in English -- it sounds like you're really comfortable with it. I can almost hear this being played at a quinceañera or some sort of birthday party. Not a bad job at all, and I can't really criticize the song choice given the category that you were given. I think you should have maybe looked into singing something in Greek -- show us your roots!

Flame - This is hard for me to judge because I don't speak a lick of Chinese. As I said with Tolis, this was a decent job given the song category, and I can't really judge it because I have no idea whether or not your voice is connecting with the song lyrics. The only thing I'll say is that you struggled a lot where you were required to dip into your lower register, but overall I can't knock you for taking a risk and going out there and singing a song in a language that a majority of the listeners wouldn't understand.

Ranking:
1. Tolis
2. FlameOnX

GL guys!
4216 days 22 hours ago
krisbliss
I'll post my comments/rankings in a bit :).
4211 days 8 hours ago
krisbliss
Okay, so it's been forever ago now, but I'll post my comments anyway :).

Past AI:

1. Tolis:  I thought this was a decent performance. However, I don't think the emotion of the song was fully conveyed throughout the performance, and it didn't really have a "wow" moment.

2. Flame:  I like this song, and I think you pulled it off nicely. It wasn't perfect, but I enjoyed it overall.

Rankings:

1. Flame
2. Tolis

International:

1.  Tolis:  I liked this one. I think it was better than your first performance, and I think you did a nice job with the song overall. The chorus was especially fun.

2.  Flame:  This was actually quite lovely. I really enjoyed listening to this performance. It was pleasant and calming.

Thanks for doing this theme you guys! I appreciated both of your efforts. I know it's not the easiest theme to pull off, and you guys did really well.

Rankings:
1. Tolis
2. Flame

open group

Tengaged Idol (Karaoke): All-Stars

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!