This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Final Tribal Council

Topic » Final Tribal Council

3635 days 8 hours ago
themissinglink
Take a seat guys.  We will bring in the members of the jury: IceIce; CheapCheep; Sunslicer; Bingo; Losa; Chastain; Lynette; Natalie; and Bugs, voted out at the last tribal council.

Well Logan, Joe and Simvivor, you have made it as far as you can in this game.  Now the power shifts to the nine people you have a hand in voting out.  Post your opening statements arguing why you should win.  Jury feel free to ask any question you like.

Jury you have until 5pm EST tomorrow (Tuesday) to send me your vote.
3635 days 8 hours ago
flamingjoe
In almost every past Survivor group game I’ve played in, I’ve tried to play a rather passive game. My strategy was always to get myself into the majority and stick with it. I’ve tried to play more of a social game and not ruffle so many feathers, so that, if I’m sitting in the F3, people would want to vote for me because they liked me. However, that strategy has never worked for me. That strategy got me close to winning in Link’s Second Chances, but I ultimately didn’t win and went home in fourth place. I knew, coming into this game, I had to try something different. My passive strategy in the past had always failed, so I needed to play a much more aggressive game. I wanted to be sat here with a résumé of moves that I could talk about if I was ever sitting in this position, and I feel like I did that.

I really feel like my aggressive game came into play at the point when the Jury phase started. After Chip left, on the Heroes tribe, I was not in a good position. I had people sending me messages telling me whom to vote for, rather than asking me. At the Final 12, I knew it was time to make a move and take out the person who had been running our tribe up until that point - Andrea. I knew that she had connections with other Villains and that she would be huge threat after the Merge. In order to do this, a majority alliance of Bingo, Chastain, Gerard and me was set-up. We had the majority at this point, so we could easily get Andrea out. Shortly before the votes were revealed, Sim asked me whom we were all voting for. I told him that the plan was take Andrea out, so we now had a fifth person who was part of the plan.

I would say that my biggest move was made at the Final 10, when I chose to flip from the Heroes to the Villains. I know that that move was ridiculed by a small portion of you, but I still think that it was the right move for me to make. Many of you may have thought that my main reasoning for flipping was my aversion to drawing rocks. However, that wasn’t my main reason at all, even though a 50/50 chance of getting Pagonged isn’t exactly the best thing. The Heroes tribe was a very orderly and methodical tribe, which was the complete opposite of the Villains tribe. I knew that the Villains were extremely dysfunctional and that there were cracks within them that I could utilise to get myself further in the game. Within my five-person Hero alliance, there were two people whom I had never spoken to one-on-one at all. I had no idea where either of them stood in terms of what would happen once we got down to the Final 5 of Heroes. That was definitely something that worried me a bit.

At the next Tribal Council, I was forced to make another tough decision that could drastically affect the game once again. I was offered the chance to flip back to the Heroes. I was told that there was a Villain who was willing to flip to vote out one of the Villains if I was. This decision definitely was not anywhere near as difficult to make as my last decision was, but I still needed a bit of time to think about it. After semi-considering it, I decided that my best move was to just stick with the Villains. I knew that I had a greater chance of making it to the end if I stuck with them. I had no idea what the dynamics of this new Heroes alliance would be like, and I knew that none of the Heroes would trust me after what I had done at the last Tribal. Some may not consider this to be a “big move”, but I think that this does kind of count because I was presented with a choice and I had to decide what I was going to do. There’s a difference between not making a “big move” because you are afraid to make one and not making a “big move” because you know it would benefit you not to make it.

I’m not going to lie; the next vote did come as a shock to me. I really had no idea that Amanda was going home. One of the Heroes had briefly asked me to make a “big move”, but I told them honestly that I was not ready to make one.
3635 days 8 hours ago
flamingjoe
After Amanda did leave, I thought that my game was over. I had a strong bond with Amanda, so it was such a shock to see her leave. However, I did not just lie down and die. Instead, I joined a Final 3 alliance with the two other people who had not voted for Amanda - Ray and Logan. I knew that this would be a great alliance to join and that I could trust the other two people who were in it. With this alliance, and the help of Lynette and Natalie, we successfully took out the biggest threat in the game, and the person who was targeting me the most - Chastain. I dodged a huge bullet at this point in the game.

At the next Tribal Council, I knew it was time to make another big move. I knew that the biggest threat in the game and the person whom I had the least connection with was Natalie. I had the choice of either taking out Sim, whom I had been speaking to quite a bit at this time, or Natalie, whom I had not really spoken with much the entire game. I also knew that Natalie and Bugs both had some sort of connection with each other, because Bugs was always so reluctant to vote for her. Once Natalie was gone, Bugs really had no one else to turn to but Logan and me.

I was then faced with another dilemma at the Final 4, when I became the crucial swing vote to determine whether Bugs would be going home or whether the vote would be a tie. At first, my initial instinct was always to take Bugs with me. He had been one of the people whom I was most loyal to after my F10 flip, so I always felt some loyalty towards him. I also thought that he’d more than likely be less of a Jury threat than Sim who could get a fair amount of votes because he was kind of the underdog. However, I did consider eliminating Bugs, because I thought it could be looked at more highly if I were to have taken the other remaining Hero to the Final 3. I ultimately decided to side with Bugs and voted out Sim, who I thought was the biggest Jury threat.

Having said all of that, I realise that my gameplay may have been too aggressive at times. I know that I had to turn on people and lie on some occasions. I realise that, deep down, this is a social game, so it is not a good idea to turn on so many people. I understand that many of you may be angry or vexed with me, and that could be discouraging you from voting for me. I would like to think that many of you would respect some of the moves that I made, though. I know that if I was on the Jury and in some of your positions, I would find it difficult to vote for me. However, I would like to think that, if I was a Jury member, I would look past all of that and truly vote for whom I believe played the best and most aggressive game.

OMFG. Sorry about that being so tl;dr lmao
3635 days 8 hours ago
losangelesgirl
So....

Joe, I think you had balls in this game, you played hard from the day 1, you made big moves, you flipped and it helped you to get the the finals. I'm really,really proud. You played amazing. I didn't know that you are auctally such a smart and good player.

Sim, you was the underdog after Joe flipped,you also played a good social game and also strategic to make it to the final 3. You knew what you was doing and I think you deserve that as mutch Joe does.

Logan, you was loyal to me from day 1. We made the alliance however, I'm still not sure who was the second person who flipped. I know that one was natalie for sure. But the second one was probablly Lynette? IDK. However, you still played amazing game and you deserve to win a lot.

So tbh, I'M VERY,VERY UNDECIDED. I don't know how I'm gonna vote. I would like to cast a vote for all of you because you all deserve to win.

EVERYONE HERE knows that I'm NEVER BITTER jury memeber. I vote for whoever played the best game and even if you voted me out, I would still cast a vote for you - And probablly cry after that and call you a bitch, whore, hoe and whatever -.-

Imma ask you guys questions later, and I'm then gonna decide based on the questions.. Because I'm really undecided and I love you all <3

Perfect final 3... Well.. I'm not there but still :)
3635 days 8 hours ago
OhNatalie
So, Joe I have a question for you.

In your Jury speech, it almost sounds like a continues scenarios of a coattail rider. If I was to write a book about your time in this season I would title it "The Adventures of A Malfunctioning Coattail Rider".

You went from Chip, Bingo-Chastain-Gerard, Losa and finally Logan. What game move did you make that didn't involve you jumping from one coattail to another?
3635 days 8 hours ago
losangelesgirl
IDK for who to vote for, first time in Link's survivor history.
OMG, Link help me :( Lmao
3635 days 8 hours ago
Sunslicer2
I'll wait for Sim and Logan to get here before I ask their questions, so Joe...

I don't know. I don't really have a question for you that doesn't sound "bitter." When you first flipped, I thought it was ridiculously stupid because there was no chance in hell that you would make it to the end... And here you are. I can't really blame you for flipping because (and this might be my ego talking), you probably wouldn't have beaten me, Shadi, or Bingo. So props to you for that. What I do wanna know is, let's say you did stick with the Heroes and we came out with numbers. Who would your ideal F3 be in that situation and why?

Also, since I always do this: Compare my game this season to a previous Survivor's game. Also, what should the merged tribe name be?
3635 days 8 hours ago
Ilikebugs
Well i HAVE NO REASON TO VOTE any OF YOU.

Logan, you made some pretty bad decisions. No need to say anything more. But you WERE the most strategic of the 3 so ya.

Sim, you coattailed your way here. You were lucky enough to have logan bring you.

Joe, you were also a coattail rider. Also, youre intentions were pretty messed up. Although I have to admit you were playing the game a little more than sim, because sim barely did anything to save himself.

SO LITERALLY i HAVE NO IDEA WHO TO VOTE FOR BECAUSE YOU all DID SOMETHING BAD
3635 days 8 hours ago
OhNatalie
Also, since I always do this: Compare my game this season to a previous Survivor's game. Also, what should the merged tribe name be?
-
This is such an egotistical question. Can we please talk about THEM...? If someone else asks a question regarding your own gameplay, you're getting called out.
3635 days 8 hours ago
Ilikebugs
It's called fingerbang link thrice done
3635 days 8 hours ago
losangelesgirl
JURY. WE NEED TO MAKE THE VOTE 3-3-3 lmao.

And at re-vote keep it the same. So no one wins LMAO.

Link will be pissed off and he will love-to-hate us <3
3635 days 8 hours ago
IceIceBaby
Right now you all deserve to be here. Some have played harder then other's and you three have clearly come out on top. I do have some questions for Y'all and I would love you all to answer them honestly because these questions pretty much help me decide who get's my Jury Vote.
So, Let's get to it I guess!

Joe - During the game I thought you wouldn't do much to anything. You were originally suppose to leave in 13th place if I never blindsided Dfalc and you managed to recover from this by aligning yourself with Shadi, Bingo and Sim and then flipping to the villains. My question to you is, If you could go back in time is there any tribal you would of prevented and how do you think that may of effected your game?

Sim - You were easily my closest friend from the beginning of the game. I was really looking forward to finally be playing in Link's Survivor with you until Final 12. You constantly told me you had no other way of saving me during that tribal and I understand. However after that tribal I was watching from the Ponderosa and all I saw was you crumble and become very quiet... I never got to see the potential and I never really understood what you was doing after the merge. My Question to you is what was your whole strategy coming into the merge and how it changed after Shadi and Bingo left?

Logan - You had an easy ride if I must say. You was aligned with the right people and you played with a strong mind. You pulled out a few immunity wins and you caused some blindsides which I am aware of. However up until Final 6 I wasn't aware of what you was doing other then ranting about Shadi so my question to you is:
What was the whole dynamic of your game and what do you think caused you to keep Joe/Sim in this Final 3 instead of people like Natalie and Bugs?
3635 days 8 hours ago
OhNatalie
Lol, Losa, I think he'll just make Dave vote.
3635 days 8 hours ago
flamingjoe
You went from Chip, Bingo-Chastain-Gerard, Losa and finally Logan. What game move did you make that didn't involve you jumping from one coattail to another?

I can kind of see where you're coming from, but I really don't view myself as a coattail rider. I realise that it may appear that way, but that's honestly not the truth. In this game, you always have to have at least one person, or a group of people, whom you can rely on. You can never make a big move without the aid of others.

I guess if I had to pick one move that I did make without the aid of other people, I would definitely say it was the choice to vote out Sim at the Final 4 and tie the vote. I realise that that was a move that was fairly inconsequential in the grand scheme of things, but it's still a move that I made without "riding coattails". I made the concious choice to save Ray because I knew that it would benefit my game to keep him. No one else even remotely helped me without that decision, and I made it entirely on my own.

I also believe that I really wasn't riding anyone's coattails after Amanda left. In my three-person alliance, which consisted of Logan and Ray, there really was no leader. I was also the person who originally suggested to take Chastain out, because I knew he was obviously coming after me. I realise that others might have suggested him afterwards, but I was still the person who put the idea forward.
3635 days 8 hours ago
OhNatalie
Thank you for your answer Joe.
3635 days 8 hours ago
Ilikebugs
Also joe, you can just make it so everyone votes oyou, you play an idol and you made a big move ^.^

open group

Link's Survivor: Generation 1

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!