This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Battle #7: The Way We Were

Topic » Battle #7: The Way We Were

1237 days 3 hours ago
Weetmaster
Another day, another battle!

This battle I want you all to make me cry
https://media.giphy.com/media/zHd8x7Pik0Ftm/giphy.gif

For this challenge, you can post any song you like but it must be attached to one of your memories of your past or the past of someone you know. Your song must have a strong connection to your memory but doesn't need to match in words, for example, if your memory is of love or heartbreak, I expect a love song. There should be some kind of connection between the memory and the song.

My memory:

I was watching a gay themed movie when the following song was featured on the track so I added it to my iPod. During this same week, I met my first boyfriend/first love and the memories of him has now infused with the melody of this song. Although we're not together anymore, I like to revisit those memories by listening to this track

You have 48 hours to share your memory or else!
1237 days 3 hours ago
Weetmaster
The teams are uneven!

There were 7 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

HALSEY // Jameslu
LITTLE MIX // Rubes
DEMI LOVATO // Delights
THE MILK CARTON KIDS // Moviemusicguy123
ALISAN PORTER // Midiaw
JAMES ARTHUR // humanwebjet1
ALI CALDWELL // J4ckWilko

Timestamp: 2020-11-28 05:21:20 UTC

Halsey, your score will not count for your team to keep the numbers even on each side
1236 days 19 hours ago
ilovetosing
Singer: 魏如萱 (Waa wei)
Song:歪 (Crooked)

This is actually one of the first songs that I started to listen from her.

Prior to this, I've heard of her name but I never actually listened to her songs.

This song is talking about how life is crumbling down, everything is getting crooked, just like a tower, growing slanted degree by degree, and in the end the whole tower crumbles. Here, live is breaking down piece by piece, however, the soft voice and the jazz music actually helped me to calm down and just cry my heart out sometimes, I was tired and needed help, but I couldn't tell my problems to anyone, it wasn't my family or my friend's fault, it was my own pride. The song give me a sense of helplessness, which is exactly what I was feeling.

I've actually been struggling with accepting my own sexual preference for years, and when I discovered this song, I just graduated from university and was generally feeling lost with my life.

My academic results were quite good but I'm worried about getting a job, I'm worried about being labelled as "snowflake", I'm worried that even if I get a job, I couldn't perform well. Combined with my previous doubts of myself, I was feeling extremely unmotivated with my life as a whole. I felt like I must've done something wrong with my life that I am so uncomfortable with myself.

Right now, I'm at a better place but I still struggle internally to accept myself. However, I hope that someday I'll be able to overcome this.

I hope that everyone's in this game will be in a better place too in their future.

Song lyrics (Translation):
其實我餓了 (To be honest, I'm starving)
世界是一碗冷飯 (The world is a bowl of cold rice)
其實我想要的是啤酒 一口 (But what I really want is a sip of beer)
沒有真正的死去 (Not dead technically)
也沒有真正的活 (Not really alive either)

我做了決定 (I made a decision)
卻在中途下了車 (But I left the vehicle halfway through)
情感的零頭去哪裏都 不夠 (With the spare change of emotion, I can't afford to go anyway)
從未徹底的滿足 (Never was fully satisfied)
從未徹底的結束 (Never really ended either)

被自己寫壞 (Ruined by myself)
My Oh My 加倍草率 (My Oh My , getting more and more careless)
當日子東倒 西歪 (When life is getting crooked)
只要一句 安慰一句 Oh Why (Just one line, comfort with a line of Oh Why)
會塌下來 (Will crumble down)
My Oh My 加倍草率 (My Oh My, getting more and more careless)
漸行漸遠 Oh Why 漸行漸歪
(Getting further and further, Oh Why, getting more and more crooked)
不要推我 不要愛我 Oh My (Don't push me, don't love me, Oh My)

My Oh My 加倍草率 (My Oh My, getting more and more careless)
當日子東倒 西歪 (When life is getting crooked)
只要一句 安慰一句 Oh Why (Just a line, comfort with a line of Oh Why)
會塌下來 (Will crumble down)
哭不出來 又無從辯白 (Can't cry my heart out, and can't explain fully either)
漸行漸遠 Oh Why 漸行漸歪
(Getting further and further, Oh Why, getting more and more crooked)
不要推我 不要愛我 Oh My (Don't push me, don't love me, Oh My)

堵水壩小孩 (The child who is stopping the water flow at the dam)
困住離不開 (Is stucked and couldn't leave the place)
(*These two lines actually are referring to a story from The Netherlands, a children realised that the dam is leaking, he tried to stop the leak with his finger to save the whole village.*)
1236 days 19 hours ago
Delights
https://youtu.be/SM1w9PEQOE8

Heartbreak because my last relationship never said that she loved me :(
1236 days 16 hours ago
Weetmaster
T H E   S E C O N D   P O W E R   I S   I N   P L A Y

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f5/eb/47/f5eb4784d654f3f5ccadddc8e4d2a376.gif

~ U R S U L A ' S   R E F R A I N ~

With this power, the recipient can BLOCK a singer from getting their song submitted and scored, That singer will lose their voice for ONE round and have their score voided from rankings. This will not affect their overall score, but they will not gain nor lose any points for the round or for their team.

The power recipient has stolen the voice from WAA WEI !
1236 days 16 hours ago
kaylee21
JoJo- Say Love

1236 days 14 hours ago
humanwebjet1

This is a shoutout to all those couples who aren't destined to be together, but still try to take charge and rewrite the stars! I've personally went through this in the past and it's taught me to always go for what I want even though it might not be acceptable.
1236 days 13 hours ago
Jameslu
Halsey "Sorry"

One of my favorite songs ever from Halsey. I just relate to the lyrics so well, it just hits so hard. Such an emotional song about what could've been. Hope you enjoy! :)
1236 days 12 hours ago
Moviemusicguy123
The Milk Carton Kids
"Asheville Skies"

This song reminds me of the 2018 November fires in Southern California. That was a very traumatic time for me, because I was worried that it'd take awhile for things to go back to normal and concerned that my house would be destroyed. The smoke in the air was harsh and my room almost got damaged but luckily there was a palm tree outside my window that burned and saved my room. Unfortunately, there were 2 houses across from my house that got damaged, one of the houses is still getting rebuilt from the fire. Also, I had to stay at 2 different family members homes in the span of 3 days. What was also scary is there was a spot fire 20 minutes away from my house that was posted on the Nextdoor App. My Mom had to immediately call the local fire station asking them to get the fire taken down. Also, my house got looted too during the evacuation as well. Also, when I went back to work, I had to clean up ashes that were scattered around the store.
1236 days 5 hours ago
boozes
Jessie j nobody’s perfect

My memories were that I made a mistake in my past relationships and we ended up breaking up from my mistake but this song says that no one is perfect and I felt like I did deserve a second chance in the relationship because I am not perfect and I learn from my mistake

https://m.youtube.com/watch?index=7&list=PL2HJr78VZMh-kgH47sBwFp8s3YuNTomIC&t=0s&v=aSZVYZTze74
1236 days 3 hours ago
tbrown_47
Orbit - NAO

"He released me into orbit
Still I found a way to navigate to you
He released me into orbit
Still I found a way to gravitate to you"

NAO wrote this song about a failed relationship and how she still hopes for a relationship (navigating/gravitating to him) after he ends the relationship (releases her into orbit). I went through something mildly similar with one of my best friends. I had feelings for him, but once he released me into orbit, I let go of my feelings, and we became super close friends. Now I'm still gravitating around him but just as friends, not romantically.

1236 days ago
CarolinaSteele
"Broken"

This song brings me back to my high school days where I was extremely self conscious, going through and not yet processed trauma from childhood. I was the definition of broken, time was going by quickly and I was lost. This song reminds me of times when I would be hiding in my room from my dad (for reasons I won't specify more than abusive in many forms) and fighting silently. I surpressed everything in me because I lived in an apartment and didn't want my dad or mom to hear me crying or scared. It was a very hard time for me and hard to look back on sometimes as I'm still in the process of healing from everything. For the sake of giving a bit of closure, I no longer live with my dad and have set boundaries on how long I spend with him if I visit him and my mom and I are working slowly on restoring our relationship. I'm in a much better place than I was in high school but I still have lots of trauma to work through.

In my rough times, when I want to release emotions, I scream along with Ronnie to the chorus, especially the line "we are broken..."
1235 days 11 hours ago
Midiaw

This is me remembering my first love moment
1235 days 8 hours ago
J4ckWilko
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pAEFvSsyu3c

This actually refers to my mom but it actually includes me a lot. So when I was 10 my Nan died which she had a very close relationship with. So while my mom was sorting out funeral arrangements for her death, I became ill. Very ill in fact and I actually nearly died. I had a seizure that lasted over 12 minutes which for my age is quite rare.
So for 3 weeks after I was fighting for my life and my mom had been told several diagnoses for me:
Meningitis
Brain bleed
But it was just put down as a NES.

This song really relates to my mom and how she was feeling at this time as she was an only parent and I was literally the only one she had left and it would have killed her to be alone and she needed someone to tell her some good news
1235 days 5 hours ago
Rubes
Little Mix - The Cure

This song really really helped me through some of the worst times in my life. When I felt like I’d lost everything, everyone...I’d listen to this song and I would relate to it so much and it would just make me feel loved and appreciated which was what I was needing. Not a nice memory I know but this song will always be something special ❤️

open group

The Music Wars: Secret 8gents !

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!