This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 460 Final

Topic » TSC 460 Final

911 days 1 hour ago
FromAWindow
1) - Sunmi - I thought this was a BOP! But I would’ve liked if it was longer? Seemed like it stopped short for no reason and didn’t get to develop much as a song, but overall the only complaint was I wanted more!

2) - Faouzia - I could see a universe where this was like MY bop of all bops but I overall didn’t find this song that intriguing or creative on a lyrical or vocal level. Props to the high note after that bridge buildup but that didn’t redeem this song, unfortunately.

3) - Arctic Lake - Interesting guitar and the bass BOPS and this artists voice is very interesting. This song was added to my playlist and I think this was a great pick!

4) - HARLOE - This song is sooooo pretty and would be perfect if that random added on man hadn’t been included but the harmonies were pretty and I loved this entry!

5) - Griffin - I thought it was good but a little by the numbers, didnt do much different and creative to stand out imo. It was fine idk.

6) - Daneliya Tuleshova - This was a bop! The beat was cool and added something fun to this song! It wasn’t the absolute best but it was still fun!

7) - Sudan Archives - This song is super intriguing tbh. The violin in the beat is certainly a moment which I think mostly works for the song but there are moments it doesn’t. I thought this was a super unique song tho and I loved all of its elements and think the song mostly worked with it all

8) - NIKI - This song feels super nostalgic and summery and it’s overall a very pretty song choice!

9) - Sofia Carson - I have a serious problem that this was stuck on to the “My Little Pony” soundtrack when it’s kind of THE bop like wtf where did “My Little Pony” get the budget to produce this absolute bop????

10) - Kaka Azraff - I detested the sound at the beginning of this song but this was overall such a vibe. Like damn loved this.

11) - Willa Amai - Ummmm damnnnn her voice is intense and I love it. Very creep by Radiohead vibes. I really like this, not a lot of picks like it and it was super well put together.

12) - Lana Del Ray - I’m sorry I don’t like this song nor do I like Lana Del Ray. Like I just don’t like her voice or the fact she can’t even hit all the notes in her own song. Overall it’s just a no. Sorry, next.

13) - GRACEY - Ooooh this is the one. It’s giving very electro 80s John Hughes high school fantasy and I’m so into it. Loved it!

14) - Adele - I mean come on. Of course it’s stunning. It’s hard to deny how talented Adele is considering she does almost everything with mostly just a piano and her incredible voice. This doesn’t get many points for creativity with this selection but it’s gorgeous regardless.

15 ) - Joyce Wrice - NVM THIS IS THE ONE THIS IS EVERYRHING. The beat. The instrumentation. Her voice is very cool. The harmonies. It’s very 90s I’m soooooo into this.

16) - D’Sound - I, again, was not expecting this to go SO hard! That bass had some fucking GROOVE and I loved this dance pop anthem!

17) - Miss Alexia - WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS LMAOOOOOOOO oh I lived this was awful 😂

18) - Anarbor - Oh this was just my style. But then it started to feel predatorily and that’s a no for me.

19) - TWICE - This was very cute and passable, a bop but their voices have never been my thing.

20) - Archie - Eh. It’s like fine. Idk this feels very safe and I don’t have much to say about it.

21) - KWON EUN BU - Oh bitch. This is good. I love the production of this bop and you picked a very solid choice this week :)

22) - Ms Nina - I think if I was on the dance floor I’d be living to this song but I’m not so it was like fine I guess. Kind of a disappointing end to the great round we’d just had :/

Overall, people picked some similar stuff and I bopped along to a lot of it but there were some really amazing standouts and it’s going to be very hard to rank! Gl everyone! :)
910 days 22 hours ago
J2999
001. SUNMI - 'Go or Stop?’ : Interesting opener, it’s like… actually decent, but at the same time there’s just something preventing me from fully getting into this… so it’s a weird one, but there are definitely many music parts throughout that are quite a serve sooo… overall leaving a good impression. Paved the way for red light green light…
002. Faouzia - 'Hero' : Faouzia. This is a song I’ve heard a couple times before, and it really is a good song, especially the chorus it really just… does the trick… go off. The verses are decent too, so yeah all round just makes this a good listen. Obviously she’s seen as a basic send in TSC, but if the music bops, the music bops, and her music always tends to… bop ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .
003. Arctic Lake - 'Lonely' : For the most part the song isn’t exactly giving masses, there’s like underlying decent music parts throughout, and it elevates slightly further at the chorus, but generally speaking it’s just not giving MUCH and yeah. If you wanna give us ‘Lonely’ give us Lonely by Joel Corry. But this could be a lot worse too.
004. HARLOE - 'PWR RNGR (ft. Mick Jenkins)' : Harloe rings a bell from somewhere, but whatever it is… probably better than this. Didn’t really get into her part. Mick Jenkins kinda carried the song, his part was a good chill vibe listen. The listen became better from when Mick Jenkins kicked in, like Harloe’s part too, suppose it’s Mick’s Mist. But yeah, eh, it’s ok.
005. Gryffin & LOVA - 'Piece Of Me' : This required a second listen for me to properly get into, but even from the first it was easy to connect to on the fact it was GOOD, just the second listen sent it to the next level and realised it’s actually kinda a banger. The type of music for me anyway, Gryffin tends to have good music anyway, so yeah go offff.
006. Daneliya Tuleshova - 'Lucky Me' : Oh… well… like this is pretty 50/50. Initially it started out as a ‘o.O blinks’ type of thing, but then it became good; then it went back to being relatively mediocre; and then back to being good. Pick a side. There sort of is too much that’s just not hitting it, but yeah still takes away some credit that there are redeeming qualities that ranks it better than other songs.
007. Sudan Archives - 'Confessions' : Please that first like 20 seconds of music felt like it had the potential to give so much; then the next 15 seconds that like slowly deteriorated whilst holding on to slight hope mainly due to the violin, and then that just dropped. The violin really is the best part, but this wasn’t really it. It got better then content-wise in the second half for a minute, but then the last minute was like back on the bad side really. Rollercoaster.
008. NIKI - 'Every Summertime' : Unsure what exactly my expectations were going into this, but it wasn’t…. that? The initial music was good, then the singing came in which was also fine, but then it didn’t take too much longer for that to become ‘yeah, cool, what’s next’ so that’s unfortunate, but yeah the music is pleasant in parts.
009. Sofia Carson - 'Glowin' Up' : Terrifying not this being from the ‘My Little Pony Official’ youtube channel… but realistically it is… the type of thing that just does sound good, she has a good voice, and the music throughout is a satisfactory listen. Definitely the pre-chorus is the best part, like when it gets to the chorus it has all the material to go off but… doesn’t, but yeah even that is still ok, it’s a decent song.
010. Kaka Azraff - 'Diamonds' : Yes give us the… Malay language! Songs not in English really is an automatic booster, it helps the music itself is a chill vibe good listen also, makes it all come together well. Not the strongest, but also one of the most consistent songs so far too, so yeah it ultimately is reflected positively.
011. Willa Amai - 'Not a Soldier' : And honestly I do feel like a soldier for making it through all almost four minutes of this. She does have a good voice and seems talented, but I guess it just isn’t for me, the music isn’t something I’m getting into, and that generally overshadows however good the lyrics are. There are some good music parts, but like this is a 25-75 thing. Maybe 30-70. But still, too low.
012. Lana Del Rey - 'Arcadia' : Lana Del Ray DOES have some good music, and by that that is exclusively referencing to Summertime Sadness. Her voice is alright, again it sounds better elsewhere, but the music was just really such an unnecessary drag. That like last minute and a half which probably isn’t even classified as the song was the only good music part. This was not it.
013. GRACEY - 'What A Waste' : This is an interesting one, there’s decent parts to this song, her voice works pleasantly with the music going on throughout, and the music is a good vibe to it so yeah. The last minute felt a bit stronger too, even though it’s obviously similar to the rest of the song, but yeah compared to this week thus far, definitely will take this.
014. Adele - 'Easy On Me' : So prior to this week, I’d heard this song just once, and found it alright there, though am aware it’s one that gets better with numerous listens. Also prior to this week the plan was to 0 this when it was inevitably sent to TSC this week. However, partially considering this is just a bad week, though also that the song does get better on further listens, does the Adele wave! Good song. Obviously does not outsell ‘Hello’, but it never was going to, so yeah this is a serve.
015. Joyce Wrice - 'On One (ft. Freddie Gibbs)' : A couple of the like effects on the music sound good, but that’s really about as much to this as there was to say was enjoyable. Freddie Gibbs’ part sounded decent enough, but this just wasn’t too enjoyable of a listen personally, it was just too like laid back and never really ended up going anywhere.
016. D'Sound - 'Mr. Unicorn' : Based on names and thumbnails this was my winner. Instantly from the start this was positive, and then continued. Pretty much the entire thing was enjoyable, it was nothing too hardcore which perhaps would have elevated it to a guaranteed #1 for the week, but regardless still a strong song, and was an enjoyable listen.
017. Miss Alexia - 'Cut Me Up' : Please not the required additional effort to open this on YouTube because of AgE ReStRiCtEd, mess. There was a sudden thought this could be revolutionary when the music kicked in, like actually the music itself is a serve and it does bop, but then you have the singing on top and that just ruins the song. Take out the lyrics and like there is credit to be given, but instead just ruins the song and leaves it bad. But yeah the music bops.
018. Anarbor - '18' : Interesting, the music is a good listen, even the singing is good in parts. The lyrics though really set the song back, it’s like… yeah. They are like cringe lyrics as a whole and do damage the song, so that’s unfortunate. But regardless, one of the better submissions of the week, just it would be BETTER itself with different lyrics.
019. TWICE - 'The Feels' : Overall this does leave a positive impression, the music is pretty decent, and so is the singing too for the most part. It does give a bit of a corny/cheesy sense at numerous points, so like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, but ultimately it is a pleasant enough song, dependent on how the rest of the songs go likely will be in my top half of songs for the week.
020. Archie - 'Bad Bitch (ft. DoNormaal)' : This was something I just was not able to get into at all, the music did have a couple of redeemable points, but they were greatly overshadowed by the majority that gave nothing except coming and going. I can see why people may get some enjoyment out of this, but that person just isn’t me.
021. KWON EUN BI - 'Door' : Initially I wasn’t sure what to make of it, but directly focusing on the music alone, please there is some serve in here, especially the instrumental parts like yes that is the stuff I live for; I did wish that was longer lasting. She has a good voice too. It’s not all that, but it’s a solid enough song, carried by the music in particular.
022. Ms Nina - 'RICO RICO' : I really wanted to like this I really did, there were parts of the music that felt like they were going to be such a serve, and the potential jumped. Though in reality, they tended to amount to nothing. The music and the singing do like go together, but the music is just superior, and as a whole the song just doesn’t reach where I want it to go.
909 days 18 hours ago
1001games
SUNMI: I really wasnt feeling this too much. I kinda got bored.

Faouzia: Overrated artist and a shitty song. Just really not my thing. Sorry.

Arctic Lake: Kinda felt like I was watching a sex scene but hey the song worked I guess.

HARLOE: I really liked her voice but I didnt care for the song all that much.

Gryffin & LOVA: This was catchy but it does sound like a generic pop song. But it worked.

Daneliya Tuleshova: Lol this gives me Disney movie credit vibes but this was cute and I liked it.

Sudan Archives: This sounded kinda messy but it did have some good moments.

NIKI: Like the oldie vibe to this and sounds like a lot of those old songs out there. But I enjoyed this nonetheless!

Sofia Carson: Okay I low-key vibes to this and I am not the biggest fan of Sofia Carson.

Kaka Azraff: Damn such a good song streak and it comes plummeting down on this song. I hated it.

Willa Amai: This was nice but really slow and her voice was kinda annoying.

Lana Del Rey: Kinda slow and I lost interest quite quickly. But it was a nice listen I suppose.

GRACEY: Not my thing so I will pass on this. Sorry!

Adele: Ah there it is I knew this would be posted this week lol. I’ll be honest this wasn’t her best BUT she is an icon and it was still good.

Joyce Wrice: Kinda messy and just not what I’m looking for here. Next!

D'Sound: Quite funky and groovy but I did get a little bored halfway through.

Miss Alexia: Uhhhhh tf was this? I hated it.

Anarbor: I really liked this! It def gave me 2000’s rock vibes which I really like!

TWICE: Ehhhhh very mixed feelings on this. Like I really loved the chorus and everything but I didnt care for the rest of it.

Archie: Yeah its a no from me. I didn’t care for this much.

KWON EUN BI: Was not feeling this song but A for effort.

Ms Nina: Rico? Rico? This was actually catchy but who’s Rico?
909 days 8 hours ago
LornaHollas
1.        SUNMI “Go or Stop?” – I was vibing along to this. Quite good
2.        Faouzia “Hero” – A bit cheesy. It was catchy though!
3.        Arctic Lake “Lonely” – Quite like the vibe of this
4.        HARLOE “PWR RNGR (ft. Mick Jenkins)” – I was enjoying this until the mans part! It ruined the whole experience! Can he go away?
5.        Gryffin & LOVA “Piece Of Me” – Generic, radio friendly song. It’s fine
6.        Daneliya Tuleshova “Lucky Me” – This was just annoying
7.        Sudan Archives “Confessions” – I liked the violin. The song was a bit one note and repetitive though. At the end it did go randomly dark all of a sudden.
8.        NIKI “Every Summertime” – Who is this Meghan Trainor wannabe?
9.        Sofia Carson “Glowin' Up” – It was fine. Nothing special
10.        Kaka Azraff “Diamonds” – Oh deary me. This was bad!
11.        Willa Amai “Not a Soldier” – It’s fine. A bit woe is me
12.        Lana Del Rey “Arcadia” – This whole song is a vibe. Buy and stream “Blue Banisters” out now!!!
13.        GRACEY “What A Waste” – Wasn’t a fan of her voice
14.        Adele “Easy On Me” – Love her so much! Great comeback song!
15.        Joyce Wrice “On One (ft. Freddie Gibbs)” – Quite like this. Another song where I’m not keen on the man but he didn’t completely ruin it like song 4!
16.        D'Sound “Mr. Unicorn” – Grew on me as it went along. Could do without the heavily autotuned bits but overall quite good
17.        Miss Alexia “Cut Me Up” – This is so weird!
18.        Anarbor “18” -
19.        TWICE “The Feels” – This is kind of a bop tbh
20.        Archie “Bad Bitch (ft. DoNormaal)” – I really enjoyed this! An icon!
21.        KWON EUN BI “Door” – The K-Pop artists this week have really been bringing it! I really liked this!
22.        Ms Nina “RICO RICO” -
908 days 23 hours ago
ianfitz0012
01) SUNMI - enjoyable dance bop?
02) Faouzia - maybe I'm feeling generous bc this bitch always annoys me in TSC but this song isn't terrible… it getting points will depend on the success of other entries
03) Arctic Lake - actually… an irresistible bop. Wow
04) HARLOE - song was not bad but the squealing was pretty annoying
05) Gryffin & LOVA - I like how this week is going so far?? Bops all around
06) Daneliya Tuleshova - another catchy bop? I love this week omg
07) Sudan Archives - a different vibe than its predecessors but I still found joy in this song. It's a lil unusual but I was vibing with it regardless
08) NIKI - this week continues to be… good! Drags after a bit especially toward the end but I was entranced
09) Sofia Carson - cutesy but not really servng me anything
10) Kaka Azraff - it's giving me……… nothing
11) Willa Amai - well I guess you're not a soldier either bitch. This annoyed me
12) Lana Del Rey - no
13) GRACEY - a slow bop that grows on you
14) Adele - 0 points
15) Joyce Wrice - sensual rnb with even a smooth-ish rap verse! And the rapper actually doesn't sound terrible
16) D'Sound - gay daft punk vibes and I understand why
17) Miss Alexia - LMAO some of these lyrics… I'm in love! "My best friend just told me she's gay" mom
18) Anarbor - this song makes me want to piss off my parents tbh they really gave me like old radio disney vibes… I love this week
19) TWICE - for twice they certainly didn't serve me anything new on this. This felt like listening to their new song rather than listening to their new good song. It could grow on me but what a dim first impression.
20) Archie - the new school boring demi lovato vibes this is giving me…
21) KWON EUN BI - this wasn't exactly the week of kpop that served… This was nonoffensive (like those tracks) but it gave me nothing new that I was glad I heard :S sorry
22) Ms Nina - I would play this at a party but not exactly my kinda tsc song…
908 days 15 hours ago
turkeylover
01) SUNMI - This is cute! It’s nothing special and a little boring but yeah! It’s just cute!
02) Faouzia - I hate that this serves a little… like the prechorus?? I’m moving I fear…. But I’m also tired of her and I hate her!!! Cow!!! You’ll never be Maisie Peters!!!!
03) Arctic Lake - Oh YASSSSSSSSSSS this is so gorg! I will always eat this kind of pop music up… it’s so good! Never disappoints! YAS!
04) HARLOE - Yeah! This is a little bop! It’s groovy! I’m moving! It could definitely serve harder but yeah! I also loved the guy on this!! I think he elevated it!
05) Gryffin & LOVA - so painfully average <3
06) Daneliya Tuleshova - LMFAO this is so…. Yeah… it’s a song for sure!
07) Sudan Archives - You either get this or you don’t? And I do. I think it’s a masterpiece.. So artful and gorg… yeah… this is giving some serious slayitude! Yassss
08) NIKI - YOU’LL NEVER BE MICHAELA JAÉ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But this is cute! It’s very summery… and yeah! Cute!
09) Sofia Carson - PLS I forgot she existed LMAO but well! This is a song for sure! I’m sure someone is getting their life to this and good for them but I’m not them so yeah… this is bad,
10) Kaka Azraff - Well! I don’t know how I feel about this? It’s not bad but it’s kinda boring? Idk
11) Willa Amai - I’m a bit bored I fear…. Like I think I should like this? But I just don’t care for it?
12) Lana Del Rey - This is MY racist republican anti mask queen <33333333333333333 but YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS this is soy good idc idc i still need to listen to blue banisters but this is so gorg ugh mommy? Sorry. Mommy? Sorry. Mommy? Yeah… winner.
13) GRACEY - Yeah… YEAH… I’m moving!! This is a little gorg dance pop song! Sure, it’s nothing special but let me enjoy this brainless pop bop in peace???
14) Adele - Oh Adele has a stunning voice and is so incredibly talented! And this song is cute too! Mom! 0 points.
15) Joyce Wrice - YASSS this is gorg!! I’m moving… I’m groovin’... yeah a hit!!!! Yeah! I just really like this! Bop!
16) D'Sound - What the fuck.
17) Miss Alexia - LMFAOAGHJDGVYDGYGFYUGFYFG this is CAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it unironically bops… yeah… i’m moving!!!!
18) Anarbor - I think this is the real troll entry… because the fuck…
19) TWICE - YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS god I love twice sm yassss moms!!!!!! They never miss!!!!!!!!!!!!! But yeah… I love love love with this!!!!!! They detonated a YASSS grande with this bop… yeah…Bdugdyugfyufguifhfiof i can’t stop crying ckjbfvfhjfbhf
20) Archie - BOP!!!!!!!!! This is so gorg… like this is how you do a believe in yourself anthem!!!!!! YASSSSSSSS!
21) KWON EUN BI - This is cute! But I’m still not over the slayage of TWICE- oh the little beat drop in the chorus… okay lego: star wars lounge music…. Yeah… LMAO this is bad gfygfygfyjfgufhfhfkf
22) Ms Nina - I wanted this to be trashier but she bops a bit!!! I’m movin! Yasssss
908 days 11 hours ago
Darbe
01) SUNMI – when i saw she was submitted two songs came to mind which she had eligible, i didn’t actually know this one. i’m kinda surprised she went for this sound, seems a bit different for her. not her best but it’s a fun house track. bit faceless but it was decent enough. 
02) Faouzia – it was only a matter of time. this is not a style of pop that i’m personally crazy about but this song is undeniably catchy. if marina decided her next song would take inspiration from ava max, this kinda sums up exactly what i think it would sound like. faouzia always delivers vocally and that’s no exception here. probably one of her better songs i’d say? maybe a bit too detatched from my personal taste for me to fully love this, but i do give it credit for being a pretty good take on this style.
03) Arctic Lake – this was a pleasant surprise. solid punchy production and the soft breathy vocals sounded really good over it. a brand which i’m fond of when executed well, and this is!
04) HARLOE – i’d contemplated sending this myself as this is a sound i typically love and it’s very on brand for me, but then i realised i’m not as obsessed with this as i would want to be. i find the pre-chorus a bit shouty. this also does sound like a weaker version of love of your life by raye huh? it’s still got enough decent ingredients to make me like it but it feels a bit rough around the edges to me.
05) Gryffin & LOVA – amongst the many basic faceless EDM songs i’ve heard (and submitted) this year, this is probably one of my personal favourites? it doesn’t deliver a great deal more than what shane codd has previously offered, but i do believe the na-na-na-na-na-na breakdown over the horn production saved my life a lil bit. a catchy basic dance track that i enjoyed.
06) Daneliya Tuleshova – it does feel very typical discover weekly. melody is kinda cute but the production sounds really annoying. the okay parts are unfortunately overshadowed by the bad for me.
07) Sudan Archives – i’m glad this served something unique. it was actually pretty decent. i liked the violins throughout. sounds like somethind i’d appreciate more on a relisten as there was certainly an interesting vibe.
08) NIKI – this feels like a weird blend between most the R&B songs i’ve heard this year and mehgan trainor’s songs? it kinda took me from one to the other with different parts of the song, with the R&B elements being the stronger parts.
09) Sofia Carson – another one of those girls whose name sounds familiar but i have no idea who this is. she’s probably from one of those american TV shows for kids that i’ve always avoided. probably from the same show that miranda cosgrove girl was from. lord please don’t tell me this is going to win also. bit of a mediocre pop effort actually, not the hardcore doja cat serve it wants to be.
10) Kaka Azraff – there’s a difference between a song being chill and a song being boring and this fell into the latter for me. it gave me virtually nothing the whole time. 
11) Willa Amai – this started quite nicely and i felt it was going to build to a huge moment that it never really reached. it was okay, feels a bit like a movie soundtrack. ended up feeling longer than it actually was unfortunately, but nice. 
12) Lana Del Rey – lana used to be my favourite musican out of anybody back in early 2018 but it’s actually quite rare i listen to her these days. i suppose its a mood i don’t tap into as much. this is good though! it has a dark melody in the chorus which reminds me a bit of the ultraviolence era. not my favourite of hers but good.
13) GRACEY – well, it was cute. definitely pleasant. it has the nice retro production that will always sound pretty satisfying and there was a sweet vocal throughout which sounds quite olivia rodrigo. i’d say its on the better side of discover weekly but equally this didn’t excite me much. maybe would’ve preferred it a year ago as this style of basic pop is ageing fast. it’s fine!
14) Adele – i’ve never been one to complain about obvious choices in TSC, especially when most songs people complain about are songs that the majority of people will have never heard before, but this one i can at least see why people would find this a boring choice. it’s very pretty, has great lyricism and a stunning vocal but doesn’t feel as groundbreaking as montero or don’t start now which were the only two songs of this popularity which have been sent since i’ve joined. objectively this is solid and gorgeous but it’s not the cultural reset i’d expect from such a high profile submission.
15) Joyce Wrice – this had a nice smooth vibe! reminds me of some of the better groovy R&B submissions of the year. i liked this.
16) D'Sound – well this definitely sounds inspired by daft punk. quite the groovy listen actually, i enjoyed the bassline mainly. maybe a bit on the generic side, but a style i warm to quite a lot and this was fun!
17) Miss Alexia – could’ve been a bit of campy fun had the vocalist been a bit more bareable, but it just ended up sounding pretty flat for the most part. funnily enough i actually like some parts of this, but it was also pretty strange.
18) Anarbor – i do like the early 2000s pop-rock vibe this has and i was warming to this during the verses but it completely lost me with that chorus. the lyrics in the hook were just so cringey and forced. wasted potential.
19) TWICE – i’ve still never really gotten into twice. this isn’t horrible but it’s way too sugary for my personal tastes sadly. just sounds quite juvenile to me.
20) Archie – i feel like this sounded way too dead throughout. it didn’t give me the sensual feels i wanted it to. the vocals needed more personality to pull this sound off.
21) KWON EUN BI – instantly gravitating to this kpop song more. i think the vibrant brass production brings fun to this. maybe a little bit disjointed, but cute overall.
22) Ms Nina – as i mentioned with PIERI weeks ago, this is not a sound i can ever fully invest in. it has the sort of trashy attitude which others label as iconc whereas i just see it as completely obnoxious. not the worst display of this sound i’ve heard this year but it’s still definitely not for me.
908 days 11 hours ago
QueenMichelle
01) SUNMI - go. stawp. this was alright. not on the level of lifechanging underrated sunmi song 'noir' but it was decent, i wish she'd stawp making generic music though.

02) Faouzia - this beast has finally arrived. ive honestly never liked this song its so cookie cutter and meh. she'll get top 5 regardless but im bored.

03) Arctic Lake - the prechorus is GORGEOUS to me but the chorus was just another generic funk moment and that rlly disappointed me honestly. prechorus wasnt enough to save the rest of the song unforch

04) HARLOE - MOMMMM. my top artist of 2020. this is probably her most upbeat song to date and i like tht she's trying new things. this just gets u after a few listens and u cant stop listening. and i mean why would u want to stop, BOPPP.

05) Gryffin & LOVA - oh u've GOT to be kidding me. gryffin its getting a bit boring now u're using the same beats for years upon years. like come up with something else PLEASE.

06) Daneliya Tuleshova - just when i thought it couldnt get worse.. this was HAWRIBLE. the bar is in hell

07) Sudan Archives - was waiting for SOMETHING to chew on, thank u sudan archives. i lurvee the violin so this was rlly nice. in a stronger week i mightnt be gagging as hard but in this tsc.. condragulations etc etc

08) NIKI - parts of this are giving me jojo. i wasn't crazy about this at the start but as it went on.. oh my LORDDDTTT that chorus is gorgeous. the verses are a tad off puttin but when tht chorus comes in i just float.

09) Sofia Carson - aw bless ha still trying to make a good song </3 good luck next time doll

10) Kaka Azraff - the HELL? this horrid trap beat that has been used million times before with vocals tht are barely keeping up with the song. this contest is my 9/11.

11) Willa Amai - i so desperately wanted to love this but idk i dont feel like it was strong enough. i would've loved some more production elements throughout, like the subtle noises towards the end were gorge but.. idk i just needed a bit more. she probs still getting points considering i hate most other songs.

12) Lana Del Rey - 5:45.. i cant do this i just cant do it. well actually its a tad gorgeous. ive never rlly gotten into lana though. i dont think im necessarily in the mood for this RN but ill listen to it lying in bed later and see if it makes me ascend.

13) GRACEY - insert generic "well actually the song WAS a waste" comment here. but thats just how i FEEL. this was really irritating to me and fits in the category of all the other shite pop songs i heard this week.

14) Adele - was contemplating being edgy and auto 0'ing this and dragging the sender, but this week is HORRID and i actually like this song so.. not what i would usually listen to but its cute for a few listens here n there.

15) Joyce Wrice - THIS IS WHAT I WAS WAITING 4.. WHERE ARE ALL THE R&B GIRLIES THIS WEEK? this was just soo good like i was bopping immediately. chorus had me moving too likeee shes a server.

16) D'Sound - what? the way this started already made me sick then we got another generic female pop beat like please make the pain n suffering stop.

17) Miss Alexia - LMFAO it really was bad, like terrible i barely liked it ironically but it was kinda funny.

18) Anarbor - idk how to verbalize my thoughts about this collection of noises but it definitely took 18 years off my life

19) TWICE - this isn't a GREAT song by them but im moving a bit and thats enough this week. MORE than enough.

20) Archie - i didnt like the production on this at all & the pacing was weird to me. i thought id like this too like this week is so scary.. where are the good songs.

21) KWON EUN BI - LMAOO mom. i played this as a joke at a lp weeks ago but ive kinda warmed to this, it's terrible and i love that. like i was entertained.

22) Ms Nina - YAS. needed something to make me MOVE. giving jenn morel and thats an automatic toot for me. i was bopping hard actually
908 days 9 hours ago
uwukween
1        sunmi        stop this is so average....  since gashina its been downhill for. her i fear
2        faouzia        ok. honestly this. is really camp and im actually really living. but maybe it is. the. alcohol poisoning. that i am. experiencing
3        arctic lake        act. stunning
4        harloe        nice
5        gryfffin & lova        this is a song (derogatory)
6        daneliya tuleshova        dont care
7        sudan archives        i have. a. confession but my. pjoosee is vibrating to. these. beats
8        niki        the. wholesomeness 🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺
9        sofia carson        not. the. my little. pony. youtube icon. no this. is where. i draw. the line..... it set the tone and it is serving. not the joyful and pastoral A major but. the. obscure. and. terrible Bb minor
10        kaka azraff        ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ok
11        wiilla amai        very dated but. like still stunning. bu. like. very. boriing but. ok
12        lana del rey        controversial opinion lana del rey. needs to be drafted, sent. into war and. never. return
13        gracey        so. trueeee
14        adele        mmmmmmmmmm another controversial. opinion but i love adele, stunning voicce and an icon. but. i believe. she's the illuminati. and has brainwashed the public into thinking. that her songs are. the pinnacle. of music excellence.... its alright....but like,  who. cares? she got divorced and plays the piano like. who CARES????? adele. needs. to start. making pc. music.  then ill. be. interested. but. right. now???? snooze.  boredd,, nexrt
15        joyce wrice        oop ok slay
16        d'sound        this was not made by. humans but satan himself
17        miss alexia        TRANS R IGHTS!!!
18        anarbor        giving. very. much. mansplain manipulate. malewife............. gosh i just. hate men
19        twice        it just doesnt b op. :(((
20        archie        ok next
21        KWON EUN BI        GORGIS GIRLL
22        ms nina        so sultry. so hawtttttttttttttt luves.  it
908 days 8 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
01) SUNMI – YES. SLAY THE SCALPS! BEST START YESSSS SLAYYYYYY
02) Faouzia – This is good. This is fine. But yeah you should not expect anything other than that from her.
03) Arctic Lake – This is also fun fun bun bun, the chorus is a bit blah blah
04) HARLOE – This is also a little blah blah, like it’s fine, but come on now….are we gonna remember this?
05) Gryffin & LOVA – I liked this, out of the blah blah entries this is my favourite so far so yay for that
06) Daneliya Tuleshova – Haven’t we heard this so far? This is fine again.
07) Sudan Archives – a class act, love the violin and I enjoy this.
08) NIKI – Not for me, I’m not keen on the vocal imo.
09) Sofia Carson – This is fine again, not overly keen on the high notes, but it is what it is.
10) Kaka Azraff – This was fine again and
11) Willa Amai – I’m a sucker for this style of music and song, I know others will want to set this on fire but I hope others enjoy it.
12) Lana Del Rey – Who left Lana Del Rey sitting behind the radiator again?
13) GRACEY – This is solid, I like the chorus and verses and overall although it doesn’t bring much new to the table it is strong enough.
14) Adele – Good vocal. But honestly 21 is my style of music, but this is cool too.
15) Joyce Wrice – This was a joy ms Joyce. Yes slay the faves and shock the masses tonight.
16) D'Sound – Honestly I judged this by the name, still image and the song title…I thought this was the troll entry and then it turned out to be a winner.
17) Miss Alexia – Oh here is the troll entry….
18) Anarbor – Yay this may bring Bibbles back to life after the last one p
19) TWICE – This is a hit, she wants to be your boo and you better let her! THEY ARE STARS
20) Archie – It’s fine, a bit of come down from the last for sure.
21) KWON EUN BI – This is classssssssy. Yes you better sell everything and moreeeee! Big band moment.
22) Ms Nina – Great end to the contest for sure, fall of life and soul
908 days 7 hours ago
LoveMeLoveMe
01) SUNMI - Usually I like sunmi song but I'm not really lime this one.
02) Faouzia - This is bop I love this song tho I didnt know it havent been submit before.....
03) Arctic Lake - This is boring tho
04) HARLOE - Not into this kinda song
05) Gryffin & LOVA - is this "1999" covers??? I dont like the the chorus errg.
06) Daneliya Tuleshova - She have a nice voice but the song hmn meh
07) Sudan Archives - weird and messy not bad tho I found it kinda unique tho.
08) NIKI - something I would listen if i cant sleep lel
09) Sofia Carson - I found this not interesting at all lile nothing new.
10) Kaka Azraff - Hi are you Malaysian? I'm not going to be bias since I'm also Malaysian but you should've sent Gila.
11) Willa Amai - nice vocal. She lowkey looks like model lel.
12) Lana Del Rey - I love Lana but this is boring.
13) GRACEY - Well I think im enjoy this one. Okay I love this song bopppppp
14) Adele - I love Adele but Rolling In the deep's era is better
15) Joyce Wrice - well I thought the chorus going to wow me hmn
16) D'Sound - This just okay for me
17) Miss Alexia - Nope this is bad
18) Anarbor - Nothing catch my attention
19) TWICE - Nothing can beat feel special sorry.
20) Archie - I dont like her voice idk why but the verse part is good tho.
21) KWON EUN BI - Missed Iz*one I saw her solo I know they will not comeback :(
22) Ms Nina - YASSSSSSS THIS IS BOP
908 days 7 hours ago
turkeylover
imogen really is the only good tscer left the rest of you make me sick
908 days 6 hours ago
Patrick319
Results delayed by a few hours.
908 days 5 hours ago
ricktworick1
1. Sunmi - Somewhat generic, yet punchy at the same time. This is the brand of EDM that's been missing recently in TSC but does it for me when executed well. Good opener.
2. Faouzia - LMAO, admittedly I have been in love with this song ever since its release. So camp, but it is probably the best song she has done in a long time.
3. Arctic Lake - Brilliant bassline really takes an otherwise mediocre song above the line. Decent pick.
4. HARLOE - Odd enunciation. Putting that aside, I appreciate the production much more than the song. A bit torn, could have been better.
5. Gryffin & LOVA - Both can do significantly better things than this, especially Gryffin who was really able to execute the generic EDM sound in a much more interesting manner in the past (like Remember). Not impressed.
6. Daneliya Tuleshova - Lucky Me that I won't ever come back to this tropical shithouse inspired mediocrity.
7. Sudan Archives - I definitely get the sense of what this was trying to achieve. Really nice instrumentally, but the melody sung on top of it doesn't really grab me whatsoever. Shame.
8. NIKI - Definitely should stick more to the R&B parts of the song, since the throwback aspect seems to clash a bit too much. Not terrible, but unsure how much I will remember this by the end of the contest.
9. Sofia Carson - Sofia tries to have a Can't Stop The Feeling moment and as a result she still has no songs.
10. Kaka Azraff - Had low expectations and this generic trap beat pretty much confirmed the complete lack of potential from the get-go. Not for me.
11. Willa Amai - Quite unique in the context of the current lineup so far. A bit too lowkey even with the buildup for this to be effective enough, but I can definitely appreciate what this was trying to achieve.
12. Lana Del Rey - Lana and Adele in one contest, exactly what we needed. Admittedly, both are known for doing their own thing, rarely changing it up stylistically, although genre wise I guess Lana stretches out a little more. Unfortunately, the type of music and melodic choices she makes rarely impresses me these days (though admittedly Norman Fucking Rockwell was a good album). This is definitely something I need to be in a vibe for, however I found myself humming along to this. A good sign?
13. GRACEY - What a Waste of a chorus. There was so much going for it until that anticlimax.
14. Adele - I love her, but admittedly this is not as hard hitting as Hello in terms of the lead singles. As usual, strong vocals, but the song is slightly underwhelming if I am honest with you. Still pretty solid, though.
15. Joyce Wrice - The R&B this week isn't giving me as much as usual. Admittedly the best from this genre so far thanks to the classic sound, but it's admittedly on the edge of boring at times.
16. D'Sound - LMAO, not this NF reject being submitted two years later. Admittedly probably the best song from the 2019 NF season, kind of preceeded The Weeknd and Dua Lipa in terms of the retro sound making a comeback.
17. Miss Alexia - Pretty awful and there is nothing even remotely funny about it. Mariah's Pop and Tiffany Trump did this better.
18. Anarbor - Not my kind of music at all, is what I was going to say until I reached the chorus and realised I know this song LMAO. The chorus itself really brings it all together for me, despite the genre not really being my thing. Not bad!
19. TWICE - Passable beat and average melodies, this is not the TWICE song I was waiting for. It's alright, admittedly it's much catchier than I would like to admit.
20. Archie - Would sound significantly better at 1.25x or 1.5x speed. In its current form, it sounds like an unfinished product. Suffers from a similar issue that the Mariah The Scientist song had from a weeks ago.
21. Kwon Eun Bi - Door is where she should have been heading towards when she was given this song.
22. Ms Nina - Decent week finished off with a song I will absolutely not vote for. Generic beat and no song on top of it.
908 days 5 hours ago
hellomynameis347
1. SUNMI - This would kind of bop if the overpowering bass/rap(?) verse weren’t in the picture, but it’s kind of sad that we’re missing out on bop of the century You Can’t Sit With Us for this.

2. Faouzia - This is absolutely not her best, and it’s so confusing to me that this got sent when Don’t Tell Me I’m Pretty was fully eligible to be sent and is also a certified bop. Mess.

3. Arctic Lake - This is gorgeous. Love the simplicity of the production, it’s incredibly effective for a song like this.

4. HARLOE - I had such high hopes after her last entry and this disappointed in every possible way.

5. Gryffin & LOVA - This isn’t awful, but it’s kind of giving Jess Glynne knockoff, which is very hit or miss and it definitely misses here.

6. Daneliya Tuleshova - I love Daneliya with every fiber of my being, but this is easily some of her worst. Mama and Ozine Sen were both RIGHT THERE.

7. Sudan Archives - There are parts of this that hit, but the chorus ruins it for me.

8. NIKI - Yawn

9. Sofia Carson - Idk how Sofia Carson consistently creates the most aggressively inoffensive songs I’ve ever heard, but here she is doing it again.

10. Kaka Azraff - This just does absolutely nothing for me, unfortunately.

11. Willa Amai - I’m pretty sure I’ve heard this before and I remember liking it a lot more than I do now. It’s just 3 and half minutes of nothing, sadly.

12. Lana Del Rey - Never been crazy about her style of music, and this is the most cookie-cutter Lana single I’ve heard

13. GRACEY - I kinda like this. The verses aren’t great, but the chorus is fun and boppy, I moved a bit.

14. Adele - Is it predictable? Yeah, but it’s also just great. It’s not as good as her last few singles, but this is still a very solid track that makes the best of her sound.

15. Joyce Wrice - Ooooo this is a hit. Love me some good smooth R&B and this fits the bill perfectly.

16. D’Sound - Really solid, funky beat in the chorus, but getting through the verses to hear it is kind of rough.

17. Miss Alexia - I’m not strong enough

18. Anarbor - Oh this is HORRID. Giving me mid-2000s “it’s not a phase mom” vibes. Absolutely rancid

19. TWICE - LIGHTNING STRAIGHT TO MAH HEART OH YEAH! We asked for bops and they once again delivered. This is incredibly addicting and just all around a shot of pure serotonin

20. Archie - I’m kinda bored, but I didn’t actively dislike this, which may be enough this week

21. KWON EUN BI - It’s not my favorite of the IZ*ONE solos so far (stream Glassy), but it’s definitely grown on me recently. Love the instrumental bits and the sax in the drop, but there are a couple times where I wish more was happening.

22. Ms Nina - It’s a no from me.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!