This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 459 Final

Topic » TSC 459 Final

893 days 8 hours ago
Talian
01) šŸŸ¢ LISA : heard this a lot donā€™t know where donā€™t know how and didnā€™t know it was her. This goes off honestly.

02) šŸŸ” Rebecca Levy : this was fine but yeah very early 2010s. And nothing new really.

03) šŸŸ¢ Crystal Murray : the beat was on fire and i felt the sexiness come out of this.

04) šŸŸ  J2 : this goes so well with this fam edit for sure. Sets the tone nicely. But other than thatā€¦ itā€™s nothing very remarkable on its own.

05) šŸŸ¢ PIXY : omfg this literally killed me. That  part in which they do that kinda spoken part in the bridge is absolutely amazing.

06) šŸŸ  Dana Salah : nice but heard much better in this genre.

07) šŸŸ¢ Charli XCX : I meanā€¦ she hasnā€™t had a banger in forever she needed this.

08) šŸ”“ Cacophony : nah.

09) šŸ”“ The Pale White : same old thing. Nothing new. Also the chorus should have been a couple of times higher.

10) šŸŸ¢ Priyanka : this is so tacky but so good. And Lemonā€™s verse is astronomical.

11) šŸ”“ OneRepublic : sometime si wonder why they went from releasing straight bangers to release everytime the same song like this one.

12) šŸŸ” Jessie Ware : sheā€™s just out of this world but yeah this isnā€™t her best .

13) šŸŸ¢ Culture Wars : this took me so off guard. It took me on such a wild ride I couldnā€™t help but Stan.

14) šŸŸ  Red Velvet : wasnā€™t bad but it lacked a little soul for me.

15) šŸ”“ Mothica : I like her but she really needs to polish her songs. The chorus was a little obnoxious.

16) šŸ”“ Mariah's Pop : ok.

17) šŸ”“ Colbie Caillat : lovely message. Hates the rest.

18) šŸŸ¢ La Rappresentante di Lista : my queen. One of my fav songs of the year. The lyrics are amazing and omg that chorus.

19) šŸ”“ Bre Kennedy : harmless ballad. Not for me.

20) šŸŸ  BATHSHEBA : this was fine until she thought of singing upon the drop which made it so cheap.

21) šŸŸ” Herlander : this was odd but I liked it.

22) šŸŸ¢ RIMON : class. Act. Absolutely stunning.

23) šŸŸ¢ TRI.BE : the bridge and chorus literally sent me.
893 days 8 hours ago
hellomynameis347
1. LISA - If we were so desperate to send Lisa that even this is fair game, Lalisa would have been a better option because this is just not great.

2. Rebecca Levy - This is kinda terrifying... the MV gives Buzzfeed meets Colbie Caillat and this just really feels like a Facebook mom favorite. Stop quirky British girls now.

3. Crystal Murray - My favorite part was when it ended.

4. J2 - I was really rooting for this to let loose in the chorus but it stayed really samey. Lovely vocal, but theyā€™re not doing much with it.

5. PIXY - Oh this is a BOP. Their best release to date. Love the drama, love the chorus, and the rap is simply incredible.

6. Dana Salah - I really thought this was building up to a surprise messy drop and I was excited but then all the buildup just stopped? Not bad but it needed more.

7. Charli XCX - Bye.

8. Cacophony - The build was appreciated, kept me engaged. Really solid, but idk it itā€™s something Iā€™ll ever go back to.

9. The Pale White - ...no thank you!

10. Priyanka - Does the song as a whole go off? Not really. But has Lemonā€™s verse been living in my head rent-free for like 3 weeks? Of course! Itā€™s like BFF necklace VIP guest list <3

11. OneRepublic - Damn they really fell off, huh. Not really in the mood for a Phillip Phillips knockoff today, unfortunately.

12. Jessie Ware - I donā€™t like this as much as I did when it was in WSC, but itā€™s still not terrible. By far the best Iā€™ve heard from her.

13. Culture Wars - Iā€™m bored.

14. Red Velvet - This is easily the worst of their Velvet concepts but itā€™s also one of the best songs Iā€™ve heard this week? Like itā€™s at least better than aggressively mediocre like most of the rest of this contest.

15. Mothica - She has good songs, but this isnā€™t one of them. Iā€™m bored.

16. Mariahā€™s Pop - This is terrible, but it at least managed to make me laugh, which is honestly the only emotion Iā€™ve felt in like the last 10 songs

17. Colbie Caillat - Babe this song is SEVEN years old and Iā€™m tired of it. Giving very ā€œI just crawled out of a middle school dance competition in 2015ā€ vibes

18. La Rappresentante di Lista - This is one of those weeks where I run out of ways to say ā€œIā€™m boredā€ by the end, apparently

19. Bre Kennedy - Bre Kennedy, you will never be Alison Ponthier. In a week of boring, this stands out as the most nothing Iā€™ve felt.

20. BATHSHEBA - Oh she kinda swooped in to save the whole week actually. Incredible, actually made me feel something, and the drop is absolutely sex.

21. Herlander - I appreciate this. Kind of reminds me of the ultimate bop Catalogarmi in places, I enjoy the intense forward motion the whole thing has

22. RIMON - Love the smoothness of the vocal and instrumental here. Kinda wish a little bit more happened, but this is still a very nice, vibey type of song.

23. TRI.BE - I was expecting a moment but this is so much worse than Doom Doom Ta. The chorus is giving wannabe Wannabe vibes, unfortunately.
893 days 7 hours ago
Lemjam6
01) LISA - This isn't bad, but it's definitely not good. If she's trying to rap, she's not doing a good job of it. It's kinda funny, though and a bit catchy LOL dolla billsss
02) Rebecca Levy - Kinda shitty, but there's something about it so mesmerizing to me. I actually really stan this corny bop. LOL super cheesy.
03) Crystal Murray - Started out very slow. Picked up a bit, but it was dark and boring.
04) J2 - This does sound like it belongs in a broadway show, it's weird.
05) PIXY - I was so disinterested in this. Nothing redeeming whatsoever.
06) Dana Salah - It's cute. No one really moved, but I managed to get through it without despising it. Can't see how one would rave over this, though.
07) Charli XCX - I'm very bored at someone sending this, but I can't deny that it's a fucking bop. I'm not even a big fan of her, but this song snapppppps so catchy.
08) Cacophony - I'm so asleep. Credit for the video and production, gave me chills a bit. But the song? Snooze fest.
09) The Pale White - Honestly? There's something good about this. Definitely not bad, it's a tune.
10) Priyanka - This is so fucking messy like what is this LMAO I can't. This is really really bad...ew.
11) OneRepublic - This sounds like a generic OneRepublic radio hit so I'm shocked it's not all over the radio! Boring, but tolerable.
12) Jessie Ware - I despise this no life cunt so much she is obsessed with Tengaged Song Contest I didn't even want to dignify this with a listen, but I sucked up my pride and hit the  play button. Not terrible, but not a standout. Time after time, I'm unable to see why people obsess over this man.
13) Culture Wars - Okay yess this was a jam. It has that cute indie vibe with a bit of darkness, I ate this up. Really good.
14) Red Velvet - I'm bored seeing the same people in TSC every week they're eligible, this was pretty forgettable.
15) Mothica - Queeeeeeen yess this is my thing. It has 2000s pop punk queen vibes and I'm here for it. Mom
16) Mariah's Pop - LMAO I won't lie, this kinda ate. It was so fucking weird, but I had no choice but to stan it had me moving.
17) Colbie Caillat - LMAOOOOOOOO mom this is so random that this was entered like so random that i have to stan. This song is cute, but so bad and boring.
18) La Rappresentante di Lista - Okay, I dont usually buy into the spanish or italian music, but this was very captivating. Powerful. I like it a lot.
19) Bre Kennedy - Mm I ate this white girl pop up it's super cute and the chorus bops.
20) BATHSHEBA - No I found this to be very annoying I'm sorry
21) Herlander - This was messy and like a little too much. It felt...loud. I hated this.
22) RIMON - Wow I have never been so bored, another R&B boring ass chick that will get a predictable win despite this being boring dog shit. I'll debate throwing in the towel if this shit wins.
23) TRI.BE - Ok for KPOP I can't lie this had me moving. This was bubble gum poppy and a lot of fun. I really liked this honestly.
893 days 7 hours ago
Darbe
01) LISA ā€“ to be honest iā€™ve just never really liked these sort of productions which are weirdly pitched and just sound noisy. i wasnā€™t a fan of that brass hook from the get and then it was put on loop for the entire track. it didnā€™t really help that her vocal was actually pretty whiney over it too. too obnoxious for my tastes but also a bit of a flatline as it never really took me anywhere.
02) Rebecca Levy ā€“ a bit too twee for my liking. i could draw comparisons with lily allen but she usually has better lyricism and irony involved in her music than this. ultimately this is just a style of music that sounds dated at this point and maybe belongs on an advert or something.
03) Crystal Murray ā€“ i did like this in the lp but upon relistening i have noticed that the production is easily the best part of this product and in a way its kinda the saving grace. iā€™m not sure how i feel about the futuristic vocal effects during this particular chorus and a lot of the song seems to be lacking a melody to me. some solid moments but maybe a bit too incohesive for me?
04) J2 ā€“ production aside, this somewhat reminds me of the style of david guettaā€™s songs from the ā€˜listenā€™ era sonically. itā€™s quite strange how this woman manages to go between sounding like sia and kate bush so effortlessly, but the song itself iā€™m not too impressed by. quite theatrical, sounds like something iā€™d expect to hear in a movie trailer, but a style iā€™m mostly over at this point and this isnā€™t a great execution of it anyway.
05) PIXY ā€“ this sounds like the mainstream sort of female kpop which has never really appealed to me. i just donā€™t enjoy these loud styles of production and songs with this kind of attitude really. maybe this is not as offensive as it couldā€™ve been but iā€™m not really warming to it either.
06) Dana Salah ā€“ a bit of a half-assed execution of this eastern sound really. itā€™s a bit too trashy to take seriously, but not campy enough to be fully enjoyable either. the strings sound so quiet and she sounds bored, making the entire product just sound lazy to me. very underwhelmed.
07) Charli XCX ā€“ this song is a friendly reminder that you can deliver camp while actually having good production! the first song of this contest that i actually enjoy. objectively itā€™s probably the least ā€˜adventurousā€™ song charli has put out in quite a long time actually, but itā€™s the sort of synth-heavy sugar-rush pop that appeals to me most so iā€™ve had this on repeat quite a lot. very catchy, iā€™m moving!
08) Cacophony ā€“ this was actually pretty good! at the beginning it was something i thought iā€™d respect, but near the end it started becoming something which i genuinely enjoyed. the atmosphere was quite enchanting, it reminded me of watching a dark fairytale. a unique find, i liked it!
09) The Pale White ā€“ this definitely sounds like it was made to be played on an MTV episode. itā€™s not awful but pretty generic for itā€™s genre actually. maybe if it leaned heavier on the indie side i wouldā€™ve liked it more.
10) Priyanka ā€“ while this should not be considered too much of a compliment, i will say that this is better than most drag songs i have heard. the production is generally pretty decent and the chorus is somewhat enjoyable, lyrics aside. itā€™s still too trashy campy for me overall but there were some elements i could appreciate and Lemon did a good job with their verse.
11) OneRepublic ā€“ i just noticed this sounds a lil bit like story of my life by OD doesnā€™t it? i do find it quite amusing how this is probably my favourite song on their new album but iā€™m still not in love with it. this is fine and listenable, but itā€™s a very safe-sounding pop song that probably wouldā€™ve fit in more in the early 2010s. i think they need to start trying harder again.
12) Jessie Ware ā€“ iā€™ve heard this song quite a few times and i do like it. the first verse and especially the pre-chorus are really solid and seductive, but i do wish the chorus kept up that same momentum. iā€™m maybe not as obsessed with this song in itā€™s entirety as some are, but itā€™s still good and probably one of the better songs on the album actually.
13) Culture Wars ā€“ i do like the retro feel this song has and itā€™s got a memorable hook. the vocalist sounds a bit like nick jonas actually but i would say the overall vibe reminds me a bit more of majid jordan. granted, i donā€™t think this is as good as either of majidā€™s entries this year, but this is a style of music i generally warm to when itā€™s executed decently, and this is. quite good!
14) Red Velvet ā€“ this is a group that iā€™ve historically struggled to understand the hype for. with the exception of naughty, their music has generally just not done anything for me. this was actually quite a cute listen though.
15) Mothica ā€“ sounds like the typical discover weekly entry of the week, although this manages to be relatively offensive in its attempt to be inoffensive. the melody in the chorus is predictable and the production is quite jarring on my ears. not a very good pop attempt iā€™m afraid.
16) Mariah's Pop ā€“ i still donā€™t treat this game as tengaged comedy contest but iā€™m sure a certain group of TSC individuals will find this groundbreakingly hilarious or something? to each their own.
17) Colbie Caillat ā€“ the only song i know of colbieā€™s is bubbly, iā€™ve actually never heard of this one before. it probably has a very nice lyrical message but the song was a bit too drab sonically for me to be fully engaged. 
18) La Rappresentante di Lista ā€“ not a terrible piece of music but just nothing about this particularly excited me. i wasnā€™t hugely feeling it at the start and it just stayed at one level throughout.
19) Bre Kennedy ā€“ does this sample bittersweet symphony? this was pleasant and inoffensive, which would probably be more of an insult in a weaker contest, but in this contest i was able to appreciate it more than i typically would. pretty.
20) BATHSHEBA ā€“ the better side of discover weekly, this had a bit more punch than i expected it to have going in. itā€™s quite cheap but the drop at least offered something different and i liked that.
21) Herlander ā€“ songs of this calibre are extremely hit or miss for me so i was quite worried, but this one i actually did enjoy! it did sound like several songs were playing at once, but it surprisingly wasnā€™t too overbearing for me. the overall melody was good and i enjoyed how quirky and high-impact this was.
22) RIMON ā€“ a very sultry R&B track! definitely seems like it was designed for bedroom activities. it wonā€™t be hugely accessible for some, but i found this to be a classy and sophisticated listen!
23) TRI.BE ā€“ i suppose this does remind me a little of BOOMBAYAH but this one feels more chaotic and louder from the outset. maybe in 2019 this wouldā€™ve got slightly more praise from me but this cheap style has aged badly for me and this is not one of the strongest executions of it. an alright chorus, but still too chaotic on the whole.
893 days 7 hours ago
Patrick319
Results starting in a couple minutes.
893 days 7 hours ago
ianfitz0012
i've come for my 15th place
893 days 7 hours ago
MISSimogen
893 days 7 hours ago
hellomynameis347
I can't wait for 16th
893 days 7 hours ago
Patrick319
Who's Who

1001games - Rebecca Levy
Alexeh23 - Charli XCX
bibbles - The Pale White
Catch_a_falling_star - J2
Darbe - Jessie Ware
ganghandedcat - Herlander
hellomynameis347 - PIXY
ianfitz0012 - BATHSHEBA
ilovetosing - Colbie Caillat
J2999 - OneRepublic
Lemjam6 - Bre Kennedy
LornaHollas - Priyanka
LoveMeLoveMe - Dana Salah
MISSimogen - Crystal Murray
Patrick319 - La Rappresentante di Lista
QueenMichelle - RIMON
ricktworick1 - Red Velvet
ryan5676 - LISA
selisic - Mothica
Talian - TRI.BE
turkeylover - Culture Wars
uwukween - Cacophony
varlto - Mariah's Pop

Predictions? Surprises?
893 days 7 hours ago
ianfitz0012
Alexeh23 - Charli XCX
Darbe - Jessie Ware
ricktworick1 - Red Velvet

this is unacceptable
893 days 7 hours ago
QueenMichelle
ilovetosing - Colbie Caillat

THE COLLAPSE
893 days 7 hours ago
Patrick319
All 23 players successfully voted and commented. In addition, we have a couple jurors including newcomer FromAWindow. Welcome!

Let's get started.
893 days 7 hours ago
MISSimogen
i think im winning this week... in the sense that? u know what i mean?
893 days 7 hours ago
Patrick319
Patrick319        La Rappresentante di Lista

1        Cacophony
2        Bre Kennedy
3        RIMON
4        BATHSHEBA
5        Dana Salah
6        TRI.BE
7        Herlander
8        Jessie Ware
10        Charli XCX

and 12 points go toā€¦       

Culture Wars!!!
893 days 7 hours ago
ianfitz0012
8        Jessie Ware
10        Charli XCX

I am going to be sick

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!