This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 419 Final

Topic » TSC 419 Final

1268 days 9 hours ago
dragotistic
1268 days 5 hours ago
ricktworick1
Tonight's Running Order

01) Baby Queen
02) Levante
03) FAANGS
04) Timebelle
05) LU KALA
06) Joshua Simon
07) Josie Man
08) YEZI
09) Sval
10) Alice Longyu Gao
11) Lost In Stereo
12) Boys World
13) Magdalena Bay
14) Gloria Groove
15) Julia Michaels
16) Mikolas Josef
17) Limesoda
18) Elen
19) FLØRE
20) NOËP
21) Brooke
22) Kaiit
23) Evangelia
24) DUCKWRTH
1268 days 5 hours ago
ricktworick1
01) Baby Queen - 'Pretty Girl Lie'

02) Levante - 'Tikibombom'

03) FAANGS - 'HUH'

04) Timebelle - 'Black Sea'
1268 days 5 hours ago
ricktworick1
05) LU KALA - 'Love Shit'

06) Joshua Simon - 'All I Wanna Do'

07) Josie Man - 'Grow'

08) YEZI - '미묘'
1268 days 5 hours ago
ianfitz0012
Why is DUCKWRTH last in both here and the semi???
1268 days 5 hours ago
ricktworick1
09) Sval - 'Where Do We Go'

10) Alice Longyu Gao - 'Rich Bitch Juice'

11) Lost In Stereo - 'Adrenaline'

12) Boys World - 'Girlfriends'
1268 days 5 hours ago
ricktworick1
13) Magdalena Bay - 'Ghost'

14) Gloria Groove - 'A Caminhada'

15) Julia Michaels - 'Lie Like This'

16) Mikolas Josef - 'Lalalalalalalalalala'
1268 days 5 hours ago
ricktworick1
17) Limesoda - 'WAVE'
.be

18) Elen - 'Egal'

19) FLØRE - 'Tsunami'

20) NOËP - 'Young Boy'
.be
1268 days 5 hours ago
ricktworick1
21) Brooke - 'Attention'

22) Kaiit - 'Miss Shiney'

23) Evangelia - 'Fotiá'

24) DUCKWRTH - 'Coming Closer (feat. G.L.A.M and Julia Romana)'
1268 days 5 hours ago
ricktworick1
All 24 songs have been posted.

Please post your comments here and send your votes to DRAGOTISTIC by Sunday, 8pm EST/4pm BST.

The results will start shortly after.
1268 days 4 hours ago
Darbe
1. Baby Queen - It’s fine. Very mediocre to me but not too annoying so..
2. Levante - I found this mainly boring. I didn’t hate it by any means, but it’s also just unimpactful to me.
3. FAANGS - I’m not a fan of songs which are both trashy and edgy simultaneously.
4. Timbelle - I easily prefer their ESC song. This doesn’t even seem like its aware of what sound its trying for. It’s just a mess.
5. LU KALA - The track is okay but it is definitely carried by her strong vocal.
6. Joshua Simon - I find this unbelievably average. The production sounds cheap and one note.
7. Josie Man - I found this overall to just be very blazzé. It’s quite juvenile and uninteresting to me.
8. YEZI - This was intolerable in the verses and then had a drop which was pleasant but had no connection with anything else so I’m just confused.
9. Sval - This just sounds like a FLETCHER track from early 2019 or something. It’s not spectacular but I’ll take it honestly. It’s an attempt!
10. Alice Longyu Gao - Give me Craig David.
11. Lost in Stereo - There is potential here in places. It does seem like juvenile rock, but the verses have a tint of older 5SOS and the hook is strong. The weakness here lies in the chorus mainly.
12. Boys World - It’s a bit try hard and a very overly done narrative but sonically it’s okay.
13. Magdalena Bay - This had a cool vibe to it actually. Not hugely exciting but I overlooked it a bit in the semis I believe.
14. Gloria Groove - It’s the type of drag-style entry I’ve come to expect, but its an energy driven track on a slow week and that will do it favours.
15. Julia Michaels - This is a pleasant breezy pop song that I enjoyed!
16. Mikolas Josef - One of his stronger releases to me. A bit generic but also very polished production-wise which I find really important.
17. Limesoda - Overall, it’s a very standard song. It has a ‘cute’ chorus, not as sure about the hook personally.
18. Elen - It is refreshing to hear the German language for once. It’s not a bad song, I’ll take it.
19. FLORE - Has a tint of Gabrielle Aplin’s older stuff sonically. A delicate, pretty listen.
20. NOEP - I know this cursive verse/anthemic chorus style will have an audience, but to me this is an average attempt at the sound its going for.
21. Brooke - Although I find the ‘drop’ a bit overproduced, I think this works as a relatively simple polished pop song. I think this would’ve been more popular a few months back but the TSC trends have shifted a bit so we’ll see how it does.
22. Kaiit - The production is absolutely in my taste range. It lacks the personality of the stunning R&B these last few weeks, but it’s a smooth enough listen.
23. Evangelia - It’s a lowkey ethnic effort but she runs the risk of sounding TOO bored/laid back at times.
24. DUCKWRTH - We left the best till last I see! This had me vibing. Production is slick and its a unique track.
1268 days 3 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
01) Baby Queen - Not exactly my style, but it's cute enough and pretty pleasant. Definitely going to have an audience that cares for it much more than I do, but I'm not mad at it.
02) Levante - Not my favorite of hers, but I was super into this after Sanremo. Classy as fuck, unlike my mouth xo.
03) FAANGS - I just want to *HEAVY PANTING* him GOOD. It's okay -- I do like the chorus, but I feel like it's lacking a little punch for such a short song.
04) Timebelle - Lol this beat doesn't work for her. I was going to say the most redeeming part of this is the vocal, but I actually don't think she sounds particularly great in parts (it gets breathy). Meh.
05) LU KALA - I was a bit torn until the chorus hit, which completely sold me. Made the second verse much more enjoyable, too. Packs a nice punch.
06) Joshua Simon - Interesting!................. that this qualified. It's so samey and flat throughout. Just really uninspiring and nothing positive for me to grab onto here.
07) Josie Man - NOTE: I'M NOT EDITING THIS EVEN THOUGH IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE IN THIS CONTEXT --  If the last three songs make the final, there's several problems. First of all, why? Second of all, I'm going to have to re-do my comments for them because they'll be out of order. Fine production, but sleepy. Not in the mood.
08) YEZI - Girlie sounds drunk. OH YES, SPIT IT MEDIOCRE, BABY. I guess I'm a sucker for a mean sounding rap verse. A bit of a mess, but I enjoyed it.
09) Sval - The verses are almost sleep inducing. A good chorus could have redeemed it, but I also found that a bit boring, I'm afraid.
10) Alice Longyu Gao - This production can go either way with me depending on mood. I mostly enjoyed that aspect of it, and I really tried to like this more than I ultimately did. Obviously all the vocals have effects on them, but the most processed vocal parts really turned me off. Mixed bag.
11) Lost In Stereo - Gave this more of a chance than I expected to, honestly. At the end of the day, it's just not for me. The bits where he went up were kinda catchy, though.
12) Boys World - I really thought that child was going to say "ho." I wouldn't say that this is fresh feeling, but it's definitely a listenable lil' track.
13) Magdalena Bay
14) Gloria Groove - The voice is a bit difficult to digest when they're not rapping, but when they're spitting fast I'm I N T O it. Production slaps. Really wish their voice wasn't so harsh at ALL TIMES, but alas, I like the song.
15) Julia Michaels - This might be the closest I've come to genuinely liking a Julia Michaels song, so take that as a win. It's lowkey, but straddled the line a little too closely to where I stopped really caring about it by the end.
16) Mikolas Josef - Mikolas Josef makes good fuckboi anthem. Lather, rinse, repeat.
17) Limesoda - K-pop songs this light usually tend to struggle with me, but I didn't find their voices to be immature -- actually quite pretty vocals.
18) Elen - This has been on my shortlist for both of my ESCT national finals (I know y'all are sick of hearing about it, but accept all of me or nothing at all <3) and I'll definitely end up using it at some point. German doesn't really have a strong record, so I'm a bit worried that it won't do well here, but I appreciate it!
19) FLØRE - She's ALSO German. Keeping the ESCT talent happy, etc. But seriously, it very much fits into this sleepy bit (more than a bit at this point, honestly) of the semi. Probably the most for me to grab onto of the bunch, but that could be because I've heard it a few times before and it's had time to grow. 
20) NOËP - Milka. It's a respectable radio sounding song that is palatable, but never manage to EXCITE me.
21) Brooke - Has elements that I like, but it never really gets all the way there, and that extra drop was so unneeded and downgraded the song for me as a whole. It's FINE.
22) Kaiit - Instrumental gave me Maxwell's "Untitled (How Does It Feel)" vibes. Smooth. Cool. Like it.
23) Evangelia - This queen. I do prefer Pame Pame (self congratulations) because it's more of a puss popper, but this also super sexy and smooth. I'm a fan.
24) DUCKWRTH - Yeah, this is quite easily the best song in the contest for me. Take from that what you will! 100% targeted towards me, and let me say, baby I'm FLATTERED that you sent this for me. (though seeing it last in the running order makes me think that it might be for others too!)
1268 days 3 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
13) Magdalena Bay - The vibe is cool enough. I can't believe I'm saying THIS, but the male was actually underutilized. Cared less about it the longer it went on.
1267 days 13 hours ago
Alexeh23
https://media1.tenor.com/images/306e2ffdcdeb6e8e0cd7122dc321c670/tenor.gif

Ŵ̵̨̨̫̦̰͛̅̄͘͜Ḩ̸͈͔̫̳̽̓̔͒́͛̋͐̚Ë̷̺̲͈́͗̒͌̂͗͒͝͠R̷̡͎̘͓̯̰̗̮̅͆̅͠Ẻ̷̡̖̣͍̳̘̬̱̭̙̟̣̮̠̐̀̀̿͜'̴̮̘͈̝̮̹̯̟̼̮̤̠̘̅̈́́̀̋̾ͅS̸̡̯͕̞͗̈́̏͆̾̑̃̚͠ ̷̧̛̗̹̥̲̱͙̝̼͍̞͋͌̀͂̀̔̓̄́͌͝T̴̢̞͈̼͈͈̮̜̯͉͈̱̻̖̋̀̚H̵̫͙̘̠̭͂́͊̋͝E̵̡̛̯̱͈̣̥̻̭͖͊͛́̔͆̌̒̈́̇͊̎͗̕ ̴̛̫͎͉̩͕͇̮̻͍̎̓̔̈̌̏͑͝T̶̠̺̃̌̀̀̊̄̌̈̈̑̇̓̀͘À̸̧̨͓͙̋̅̐͊͛̎̂̓̚ͅS̵̛͇̲̼͍͍̼̘̣̗̺̄̓͐̇̀̌̀̉̉͘̕T̵̡̢͖͖͉̪̗͈̟͖̫͑̅̆̔̄͌̃̓̂̑̂͋͊̄̈͜Ĕ̶̛̙̖̲̜̺͔̱̈̎́̾̂̕͝͠ ̸͚̫͍́̐̌̀͒̒̓̎̓̕̚͝Ą̴̛̛̟̹͔͂̂̇̈́͒͒͐̄̐̾̑̈́̚T̴̛̰̠̹͓͓͉͍̯̝̜̂̈́̓̈́̿̈́̅͌̏͠ͅͅ ̴̤̘͒I̸̡̙̰̝̪̭̘͍̬͍͌̉'̷̳͍̺͈͎͊͛̔͑̓͝V̸̦̲̞̦͙͍̻̝͍̒͑̈́̏͐̋͊͌͌͝ͅĘ̶̱͕̙͇͍͚̰͍̰͉͙͚͉͆̅̔̒̀̿́͑̒̓͘̕͠ ̴̢̮̺̰͖̰̮̻͙͙͐̀̿̍͑̍̇͐͊̆̌̚͘͝͝B̵̪͚̼̾̋E̷͉͖̿̓̀͑̅͌̆́̎̔̈́̒̓̈E̸̛̱͚̮͑̉̉͒̏̎͘͝͝͠Ǹ̷̡͚̣̋̀̽͑͝ͅ ̶̧̡̨̢̢̡̝̲͎̩̼̰̞̳̇͂̾͊̈́ͅW̴̗͓̼̹̰̹̰̭̱̰͉̘̬͚̘̔A̴̘͙̞͚̯͚͒̀̎̒̂͋̇́͝İ̴̥̈́̈́͌͠T̴̢̨̛̫͓̟̞̻͕̫̖̈̑̋͂̽̓̀̅́Í̶̤̟͍̤͈̗̙̐͊̍͗̇͐͛͊̃̈͌͜͜N̶̯͗̉̉̏̈́̉̓͗̋̈́͑̔͘͜͠G̵̖̫̰̜͔͂͝ ̴̯̝̅̄̀̏̽͐͌͂̉̅̈́̿̚͝F̴̡̬̲̜̝͙̼̊̉̋̀̐̌̍̑̌̋͝͠O̵̲̫͕̫̲͖͕͙̙̮̊̊̌̋̌͆̏̇̓̈͜R̷̢̟̥̥̈̆̂͒̾̕ ̷̥͕̲̗̲̯̤͔̺̠̳̳̼̈̀͂̅͐̈́̉͠͝͝ͅL̸̩̫̄̉͌̾̾͗͒I̵͕̞̜̤̩͆̍́̂̽͊K̸̢̛̛̹̖͓̬̦̗̞̔͗̈́̀̂͘̕͝ͅË̴̖̞͎́̓̀ ̴̜̝̰̦̗͛͐́̇͊̊̀͆͐͘͜2̶̠̭̲̲̻͂͑̀͌͛͠͝0̶̻̫̬̩̻͚̬̣̮̲̏ ̴̧̮̥͍̤̮͚̲̫̱͝M̴̢̢̰̯̲̦̫͎͚̞̟̻̥̮̀͛̂̈́͜I̴̢̬̜̜̺̯͆̀͊̓̿̈́̒̽͗̀͊́͌́̇Ñ̷̞̗̫̘̌̈̓̓̒̓̍͗̾̕͝Ǔ̸̯̤̀̃T̶̡̙̫̻̩͈̗̱͙̥̦͈̈́͜͝Ȩ̵̨̛̙̠̲̙̦̻̫̼̠̺̉͜S̶̪͙̯̰̻͎̜̠͉̰̗̈̋̀̓̄͗̚ͅ ̶̖͍̠̖̈̋̑̈́̀͗N̵͖͎̟̝͖͍̠͇̠̟̼͈̜̄͐̀̎͆̄̽̏̑̿͋͛ͅO̸̺̟͙̲̙͂̐̉̔̍̎̄̊̂͆͛W̶͍̝͓̰̪͛̽́̔̅̓̓?̸̢̧̦̖̣̺͚̄̔̀̃͐̄͌̚͝?̶̢̝̣̘͛̒̿͂̈́͑̀̏̾͒̇̌̒?̶̡̡̘͎͍͔̳͓̳͖̌̅̀̍͜͝

01) Baby Queen - Well at least the final is starting on a good note. I loved her last entry, that one was so robbed just like Friday Night by GFOTY. This feels very similar to that song but not in a way that feels derivative or like she’s copying it all, just a similar vibe. I wouldn’t say I like it AS much as that one but I do still enjoy it a lot, it’s definitely a sound that tends to be pleasing to my ears. Mom.
02) Levante - This song is fine at best I guess, but really??? It’s nearly NOVEMBER it’s way too late in the year to be sending ESC rejects unironically. Like I said, I never really liked this that much even though Levante does have other songs that I do enjoy, this is just… whatever. Generic nothingy Italy Eurovision ballad, if it’s your thing it’s your thing.
03) FAANGS - When this came on in the listening party I’m pretty sure we were talking about something else the entire way through and I just think that’s important. This felt like it had punch but simultaneously I was bored the entire time. There were elements here that I should’ve liked, but ultimately it fell super flat. I wanted more.
04) Timebelle - While listening to this song and trying to write a comment describing how I feel about it I spent two minutes curled up in a ball of despair. I think this might be the worst qualifier TSC has ever seen and TSC has seen ricktworick1. Everything about this song screams non-qualifier, it is PAINFULLY nondescript, there is nothing positive to grasp onto about it, it’s just so so so sossosmsodoossoso dulllllllll I can’t imagine this song being on and thinking “yes I’m going to send THIS to TSC” unironically like this must be a troll entry??? But people voted for it?? Were they troll votes??? So many questions and yet obviously Timebelle didn’t ask themselves, “should we maybe NOT release this bore?”. I mean I still hate it marginally less than I hated Apollo.
05) LU KALA - This sound has been executed a lot better in recent weeks, vocally she sounds good in the verses but I think she gets a bit grating in the chorus? It’s a lot for the ears to handle. But I mean the production is super cute and I did still quite enjoy this all around, it’s still a sound I like. Probably wouldn’t have got points last week, but I think we already know how I feel about this week. Take me back to TSC 418...
06) Joshua Simon - I had completely forgotten about this song until right now which I guess means something? Like the synths at the start and his voice, otherwise it’s a pretty average pop song. Not mad at it, not excited by it. Shrug.
07) Josie Man - Vocally a little irritating, but I think with this sort of production it just about works. It’s cutesy, inoffensive, pleasant, not bad. Doesn’t evoke much of a reaction either way, but nice. :)
08) YEZI - I really wanted to like this because there was so much going on that usually appeals to me but like a lot of songs this week it just didn’t click with me however hard I tried. Idk if it tried too much or if it didn’t quite know the direction it wanted to go in, but it just didn’t do it for me. Another one where I just wanted more.
09) Sval - Definitely hearing the Fletcher comparison. Very scandipop.co.uk ‘rousing synthpop beauty from phenomenal Norwegian indie pop newcomer’, if you know you know. For that kinda thing it actually isn’t that bad, a bit of a grower and builds quite well. Not sure I’d come back to it, but I quite like it.
10) Alice Longyu Gao - GFOTY really ate her up but I wouldn’t expect TSC to get that obviously. This is the nonsense side of this kinda hyperpop sound I can’t stand. I didn’t enjoy any aspect of it ironically or unironically it was just a bit of a pain. It doesn’t even bop it’s just noises. I’m fucking tired, exhausted is correct. At least this one benefits from being short and not being Timebelle.
11) Lost In Stereo - I am SICK and TIRED of Bibbles’ good entries being robbed and then THIS sneaking through!!! TSC robbed IAMWARFACE twice for this???? It’s just so average?? I do think the only thing that could save this week is a Bibbles win so maybe I’ll have to get behind it for that reason.
12) Boys World - Didn’t completely fulfil its potential based on the start, but right here right now I’ll take it. One of the better songs in semi 1, decent pop fun.
13) Magdalena Bay - When I saw the man staring like that at the start I knew exactly what I was in for. Edgy Discover Weekly filler, it’s aight but pretty much all the appeal is in the production. Didn’t really get much of an actual song, I was just kinda bored.
14) Gloria Groove - YESSSS I really needed this injection of energy right about now. I was living for this the whole way through I couldn’t believe how much this slapped LMAO. The build of the chorus was so good and then the drop came and if I wasn’t sold already, I absolutely would’ve been. A much needed BOP in this final, and I think it somehow hit even harder in the final. WALK, WALK, AND WALK WALK WALK.
15) Julia Michaels - I know what this week needs, Julia Michaels! Said no one ever. This song just felt unfinished, like a demo that needed a lot more work on it. With more work it could’ve been a bop but alas it joins the ever growing pile of AVERAGE in TSC 419.
16) Mikolas Josef - I think the worst part of TSC 419 is that I *kind of* liked this Mikolas Josef song. It’s definitely the second best thing he’s done, behind disappearing and not releasing music for like a year (bliss <3). Don’t care for the verses, but the chorus is such an earworm. I hate it and I like it. Fuck sake.
17) Limesoda - I did have high hopes for this based on the chat and… I can see why there’s hype for it but it’s not really clicking with me. It’s alright, but nothing’s really standing out to me about it on second listen other than the chorus gets a bit overpowering and the verses are a bit of a slog. Not feeling it sadly.
18) Elen - This kinda thing would only really work in a language like German, this song just feels SO German. It’s pretty cute, it’s the sort of thing I would’ve appreciated a lot more in like 2016 but here I’m definitely not mad at it. Clicking more on second listen, love her voice.
19) FLØRE - I had this one on my list but I don’t think I ever would’ve got round to sending it. I LOVE this kind of thing but it doesn’t tend to be that well received in TSC, but Darbe is absolutely right about the early Gabrielle Aplin sound. This is REALLY good, love the power in the chorus especially. Fantastic song.
20) NOËP - Though not really my thing, this was pretty good in a ‘wow, cute radio-friendly song for Estonia!’ kinda way, but in an actual TSC week, even in one as horrid as this one, meh. Not awful, I get why it’ll have fans, it’s just not something that I would particularly listen to for myself.
21) Brooke - Mom a bit. It’s a decent enough pop song, could do without the drop but it’s enjoyable. Not something I would listen to on repeat or be obsessed with or whatever but yeah, cute, decent, etc.
22) Kaiit - Lovely production, lovely voice. Loved this more in the listening party and again I’m agreeing with Darbe that it lacks some of the personality that some of the excellence has had in the last few weeks, but this was still lovely.
23) Evangelia - Had this one on my list too but again, probably wouldn’t have sent it. I don’t really like it THAT much but it’s definitely a decent, solid ethnic bop. This had like the bare minimum seasoning and that’s okay this week where most of the other food on offer is unseasoned, burnt, undercooked, or Timebelle. Solid.
24) DUCKWRTH - Wanted to send DUCKWRTH for a while, but my indecisive self couldn’t pick a song I was completely confident in. Not sure I would’ve picked this one, but like, you’d be struggling to find a DUCKWRTH song I wouldn’t vote for. Closing with excellence.
1267 days 13 hours ago
turkeylover
01) Baby Queen - Where's the Bentley at
I've been waiting for like 20 minutes now, ugh, God
Oh my, oh my God, I'm gonna meet such a hot guy tonight
02) Levante - Friday night, time to get drunk
Go to the party, time to get drunk
03) FAANGS - Arrive in the Clio, get driven by a hunk
Straight to the bedroom, driven by a hunk
04) Timebelle - Plenty of boys in the yard
One look at me and they get hard
Hard as stone, ready to bone, like Medusa on a party throne
05) LU KALA - DJ, DJ, DJ DJ DJ
Slow it down for an epic BJ
06) Joshua Simon - Thanks, man, so glad you came
I think I love you, what's your name?
07) Josie Man - Don't leave yet, we're having fun
Friday night, #1
08) YEZI - Friday night, Fri-Fri-Friday night
Friday night, we're so drunk tonight
09) Sval - Friday night, Fri-Fri-Friday night
Friday night, get a hunk tonight
10) Alice Longyu Gao - Friday night, Fri-Fri-Friday night
11) Lost In Stereo - Get to the club at 2am
Obv gonna bang loads of men
Know the bouncer, skip the queue
Fuck the list, it's me and you
12) Boys World - The club is banging, so am I
Banging, banging, banging, banging
Banging, banging loads of guys
13) Magdalena Bay - Unzip the trousers, what a surprise
In the bathroom, sucking dick
Thanks for cumming, that was quick
14) Gloria Groove - Quicker than the other guys
Friday night, wet surprise
15) Julia Michaels - Leave the club, 2am
Banging banging loads of men
16) Mikolas Josef - In the Clio, drive me home
Friday night, I'm on my own
17) Limesoda - Friday night, Fri-Fri-Friday night
18) Elen - Friday night, Fri-Fri-Friday night
Friday night, get a hunk tonight
19) FLØRE - Friday night, Fri-Fri-Friday night
20) NOËP - Hi, sorry I can't get to the phone right now, but leave a message and I'll definitely get back to you later
21) Brooke - Hey hon, I brought you a couple of Sambuca Red Bulls tonight, and uh, I, I just wanted to know if you wanted to come back to my studio
22) Kaiit - Hey babe, it's me, Mark, uh, we got a couple of blue WKDs and went to the bathroom. I couldn't see you after, I think I saw you with another guy. Uh, let me know what's up, give me a call, okay, bye
23) Evangelia - Hey, hi, it's Alex, the DJ from earlier tonight, I'm going to Ministry now and there's a, yeah, wondered if you wanna come along or something, maybe later we could bang, so yeah, hit me up
24) DUCKWRTH - i ran out of lyrics so yeah.
1267 days 12 hours ago
Alexeh23
EXACTLY!!

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!