This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

2020 Survey #1 results

Topic » 2020 Survey #1 results

1403 days 13 hours ago
TolisKalkas
1403 days 13 hours ago
TolisKalkas
As I sent to some people yesterday, I'm still taking time to look over the full comments and concerns, but also taking it slowly because I got super exhausted last week and bombarded with stuff. But I wanted to at least let everyone know the results of the main questions. Two questions will have information coming up in follow-up survey.
1403 days 13 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Okay quick results of the survey

Should the twice a year rule be reverted back to 10 weeks?

58.1% of people voted to keep the new rule. The comments were (as I expected) polar with people being really against or really for it. So for now the rule stays.

The top 5 album rule was reintroduced in TSC over the past year. Should it be kept?

Once again 58.1% vote to keep the album rule. It stays.

With semifinals being back, how many qualifiers do you think there should be?

67.7% voted for scaled qualifiers. For now, the scale will be
11 with semis of 16 or 17
12 with semis of 18, 19 or 20
13 with semis of 21 or more
We might add a question next survey about which scale will you prefer, but I think this is a pretty solid one.

Speaking of semis, Should people who did not qualify for the finals be required to comment and vote in the finals in order to participate the following week?

67.7% said No. Despite what happened recently, this is what is in place. So if you do not qualify from the semis, you are not REQUIRED to vote in the finals, but you can if you want.

Should there be a wait time to submit a new song? (Ex: Songs cannot be used within the first 7 days of release of single/album)

61.3% said no. So no new rules are in place.

The format question:
51.6% voted to keep the "Regular, Regular, Regular, Theme" format. With how close this vote was, there will be a question on the next survey about adding more themes randomly (either based on events or some other ideas). So we're keeping the current format, but might bring in more themes randomly.

How long after a song that has NQ should it be allowed to be reused?

45% voted more than 100 contests. 32% voted 100 contests. 22% voted less than 100 contests.

This question had mixed results, so I'm going to rework it/ask better questions about this topic on the next survey. To clarify, this question was brought in because prior to 236 (i think that's the right one) all the songs that didn't qualify were removed from the document. So I wanted to get an idea about what people thought would be an adequate amount of time that has passed in order to let those songs be resubmitted. Again this wasn't made clear and the wording of the question didn't really give anything about this. So I'm gonna work with Rick/Patrick/Pete to rework this question and add some follow-up questions.
1403 days 13 hours ago
TolisKalkas
There were lots of theme ideas and other comments. I'll give more information on the theme ideas later on and again I plan on reading through the remaining comments and addressing concerns/issues ASAP.

As I mentioned, the main concern people have had (from what i quickly glanced) was that people are spending too much time speculating and calling each other out for their entries and people are worried about how that affects votes. So once again I ask that people refrain from mentioning that at least in comments and minimize that conversation in general chats with others.
1403 days 11 hours ago
bibbles
thanks tolis

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!