This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Best of TSC 2019 - Semi-Final 2

Topic » Best of TSC 2019 - Semi-Final..

1532 days ago
ricktworick1
1527 days 9 hours ago
ricktworick1
Please note that the scoring system for best of is different, as you are required to score the points on the 20-15-12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 system, and additionally provide placings 13th-15th in case any songs become disqualified due to not fulfilling contestant duties of commenting and voting.

As mentioned, you are required to fulfil the duties of a player for this semi-final for your song to have a chance at making the finals. You are ALLOWED to comment and vote on both semi-finals, even if you don't have an entry in one.
1527 days 9 hours ago
ricktworick1
Tonight's Running Order

01) Alexandra Stan & INNA
02) Moranbong Band
03) King No-One
04) ROSALIA
05) Weki Meki
06) Kelli-Leigh
07) Indiana Massara
08) Oh Wonder
09) Ailee
10) Alesha Dixon
11) Jessie Ware
12) Stray Kids
13) Echosmith
14) Afrojack x Jewelz & Sparks
15) The Unlikely Candidates
16) gugudan
17) Normani
18) At The Sun
19) 5 Seconds of Summer
20) Indila
21) Conan Gray
22) Lindsey Stirling
23) Duncan Laurence
24) EVERGLOW
25) Welshly Arms
26) Alice Chater
27) Kesha
28) Naika
29) Charlotte Lawrence
30) SYML
31) Mitski
32) PVRIS
1527 days 8 hours ago
ricktworick1
01) Alexandra Stan & INNA - 'We Wanna (feat. Daddy Yankee)'

Submitted by LornaHollas in TSC373, placed 1st with 105 points.

02) Moranbong Band - 'He's Our Comrade Kim Jong Un'

Submitted by adeleadele in TSC360, placed 13th with 54 points.

03) King No-One - 'Alcatraz'

Submitted by iAyeAye in TSC374, placed 2nd with 96 points.

04) ROSALIA - 'Milionaira'

Submitted by Natepresnell in TSC362, placed 25th with 1 point.
1527 days 8 hours ago
ricktworick1
05) Weki Meki - 'Picky Picky'

Submitted by Quackerz in TSC375, placed 21st with 24 points.

06) Kelli-Leigh - 'Do You Wanna Be Loved Like This?'

Submitted by PennyTrationStan in TSC373, placed 4th with 96 points.

07) Indiana Massara - 'That Day'

Submitted by rodrigueseve in TSC371, placed 3rd with 104 points.

08) Oh Wonder - 'Hallelujah'

Submitted by 77Sparks77 in TSC379, placed 2nd with 94 points.
1527 days 8 hours ago
ricktworick1
09) Ailee - 'Room Shaker'

Submitted by CharlieBibi in TSC361, placed 2nd with 114 points.

10) Alesha Dixon - 'The Way We Are'

Submitted by AlanDuncan in TSC362, placed 2nd with 119 points.

11) Jessie Ware - 'Selfish Love'

Submitted by PrincessTeePee in TSC365, placed 2nd with 114 points.

12) Stray Kids - 'Side Effects'

Submitted by TolisKalkas in TSC369, placed 6th with 79 points.
1527 days 8 hours ago
ricktworick1
13) Echosmith - 'Over My Head'

Submitted by LiukBB in TSC360, placed 3rd with 98 points.

14) Afrojack x Jewelz & Sparks - 'Switch (feat. Emmalyn)'

Submitted by Alexeh23 in TSC375, placed 1st with 98 points.

15) The Unlikely Candidates - 'Novocaine'

Submitted by Talian in TSC360, placed 1st with 115 points.

16) gugudan - 'Not That Type'

Submitted by Insanity in TSC362, placed 6th with 89 points.
1527 days 8 hours ago
ricktworick1
17) Normani - 'Motivation'

Submitted by Ianfitz0012 in TSC366, placed 3rd with 112 points.

18) At The Sun - 'Devil In Your Eyes'

Submitted by bibbles in TSC364, placed 10th with 69 points.

19) 5 Seconds of Summer - 'Teeth'

Submitted by Patrick319 in TSC369, placed 1st with 151 points.

20) Indila - 'Parla a ta tete'

Submitted by ryan5676 in TSC368, placed 2nd with 110 points.
1527 days 8 hours ago
ricktworick1
21) Conan Gray - 'Maniac'

Submitted by PoohSnap in TSC376, placed 2nd with 104 points.

22) Lindsey Stirling - 'The Upside (feat. Elle King)'

Submitted by Aquamarine in TSC379, placed 4th with 77 points.

23) Duncan Laurence - 'Love Don't Hate It'

Submitted by Alexito in TSC376, placed 11th with 63 points.

24) EVERGLOW - 'Adios'

Submitted by ricktworick1 in TSC366, placed 1st with 155 points.
1527 days 8 hours ago
ricktworick1
25) Welshly Arms - 'How High'

Submitted by DallasAndrew in TSC364, placed 9th with 71 points.

26) Alice Chater - 'Tonight'

Submitted by QueenMichelle in TSC365, placed 1st with 114 points.

27) Kesha - 'Raising Hell (feat. Big Freddia)'

Submitted by Eoin in TSC377, placed 3rd with 128 points.

28) Naika - 'Oh Mama'

Submitted by catch_a_falling_star in TSC363, placed 1st with 126 points.
1527 days 8 hours ago
ricktworick1
29) Charlotte Lawrence - 'Why Do You Love Me'

Submitted by DanielKennedy111 in TSC362, placed 1st with 120 points.

30) SYML - 'Clean Eyes'

Submitted by Zurks in TSC363, placed 6th with 85 points.

31) Mitski - 'Nobody'

Submitted by MISSimogen in TSC362, placed 12th with 63 points.

32) PVRIS - 'Death of Me'

Submitted by Fritzyyyyy in TSC361, placed 3rd with 110 points
1527 days 8 hours ago
ricktworick1
All 32 songs have now been posted.

You have until Wednesday, 29th January at 8 PM BST/3 PM EST to send your votes and comments.

The results announcement on who goes through from semi finals will be at 9 PM BST/4 PM EST on the same day, after the announcement of SF1 qualifiers

REMEMBER ABOUT INCLUDING THE 13TH, 14TH AND 15TH PLACES IN CASE OF DQ'S.

The top 14 of SF2 will go through to finals.
1526 days 19 hours ago
ianfitz0012
01) Alexandra Stan & INNA - it's still boring after one listen
02) Moranbong Band - I usually stan one ironic entry per contest but I mean this was an iconic selection
03) King No-One - how did this get 2nd? I'm so underwhelmed
04) ROSALIA - what?
05) Weki Meki - wait how did this get 21st lmao it's hilarious! Tsc missed out
06) Kelli-Leigh - great voice but it's a B song. Nothing it does goes hard enough to get an A :( except for maybe the "then he says" part. That kinda slays
07) Indiana Massara - maybe a little too basic for me. Not getting anything I didn't hear round 1
08) Oh Wonder - remembers when I heard this at first and thought it wasn't worth submitting to TSC. I still agree, but I've grown to like it. Like you can't deny it's its own entry.
09) Ailee - oh the bops are on their way
10) Alesha Dixon - this song gives me nothing and feels like a 1x listen song, so good on it for getting 2nd place
11) Jessie Ware - I'll always stan this mellow bop
12) Stray Kids - NO!
13) Echosmith - it's pretty good but I don't think it fits in the best of category? Maybe it'll get points from me tho bc some people did NOT bring it this semi
14) Afrojack x Jewelz & Sparks - sorry just a lil boring
15) The Unlikely Candidates - honestly one of the best songs of the year. Shocked I said that!
16) gugudan - it's fun but meh
17) Normani - obviously robbed
18) At The Sun - I forgot that this existed… I'm better off before
19) 5 Seconds of Summer - still great but not as great as before
20) Indila - nah
21) Conan Gray - still cute and good-ish. Why are the songs he's releasing after this not nearly as good lol. Wait that theater in the music video is right near my old apartment lol who knew
22) Lindsey Stirling - this is just so unflattering I'm not into it
23) Duncan Laurence - sure if I have to give points to a man to not make me seem senile I might pick this. But it's just so average
24) EVERGLOW - def my pick to win this and tbh it deserves it
25) Welshly Arms - it's interesting but nah
26) Alice Chater - wasn't shocked this won but I remember not loving this.
27) Kesha - QUEEN! One of her best singles yet
28) Naika - Wish I gave this more of a chance initially. It's actually really good.
29) Charlotte Lawrence - TBT to when I tried submitting this but I was too late because r*ck I believe was a bad host idk. It's good, duh
30) SYML - congrats on this somehow getting top 10 originally but not for me sorry
31) Mitski - wow can this contest end already :\ this low energy was not something I needed on song #31
32) PVRIS - aaaaaalright and we're done! Boring song sorry
1526 days 3 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
01) Alexandra Stan & INNA - Still feel like I should like this more considering the quality of both artists. Doesn't completely come together for me -- think the chorus lacks.
02) Moranbong Band - "Kim Jong-Un, I have no idea who he is. To be so powerful, he MUST have done seomething right." - Khadija Kalifa, The Apprentice UK Season 14.
03) King No-One - Not exactly in my taste range, but still think it's good for what it is.
04) ROSALIA - Hit or miss Queen of Flamenco with a miss here.
05) Weki Meki - There's some heavy hitter k-pop songs in this semi that I don't think this has any chance against (and for good reason). It's fine, but I was correct with my original comment for it -- I haven't come back to it and likely won't again. :/
06) Kelli-Leigh - Oh bitch, THIS bop. If I had sat on my rankings for a few weeks, this would have been higher than it was. So good.
07) Indiana Massara - I'll be honest, despite listening to the songs I ranked quite a bit, I did not remember this song at all until the chorus (while having it ranked). I like it, but a bit less memorable to me than the heavy hitters here.
08) Oh Wonder - Super cute that grew on me more since its original contest. I like the structure of it.
09) Ailee - 1/3rd of  the TSC 2019 k-pop Holy Trinity. Go merry go round.
10) Alesha Dixon - Mom really didn't need to go off like that, but she did.
11) Jessie Ware - "This neo-noir masterpiece is definitely racking up some adoration from me! Phe-nomenal. Her voice is beautiful." - PoohSnap, 2019.
12) Stray Kids - This song is krakt in (almost) all of the right ways. Bipolar anthem.
13) Echosmith - Still think it could use a little more punch, but it's a solid track. Catchier than I remembered it being.
14) Afrojack x Jewelz & Sparks - What it lacks in punch, it more than makes up for that with how smooth and easy of a listen it is. It all flows so well, is incredibly chill, and feels almost effortless.
15) The Unlikely Candidates - Best male rock entry I can think of from my time in TSC off the top of my head. Seriously.
16) gugudan - Now the second member of the TSC 2019 k-pop Holy Trinity to appear. I am that type.
17) Normani - You already know I love this. Do your thing, girl.
18) At The Sun - Love you bibbs, but totally not my thing whatsoever.
19) 5 Seconds of Summer - Who gave this chorus permission to be so good?
20) Indila - "This is so fucking French!" - Me, an intellectual. So quirky and good.
21) Conan Gray - Well rounded song with a nice vibe. Always an easy listen.
22) Lindsey Stirling - Was a little higher on it during ranking than I am on it now, but it's still good.
23) Duncan Laurence - Continues to grow on me despite being something I've been high on for a hot minute. NEED MORE DUNCAN IN 2020.
24) EVERGLOW - The final leg of the TSC 2019 k-pop Holy Trinity and the most important to me (obviously I'm not including Sunmi because she's not getting RESPECT).
25) Welshly Arms - How long has it been since TSC ended? That's the last time I heard a song like this. I miss that. It's fine, but I'm so over the sound.
26) Alice Chater - I almost completely blanked this in its original contest, and it feels pretty right. Think it's the only Alice song from TSC this year that I didn't shortlist? It's not bad, just doesn't fully get there for me.
27) Kesha - Kesha having fun is the best Kesha and Big Freedia does the damn thing.
28) Naika - Spreads like buttah. One of the most chill, smoothest, effortless yet effective bops of this TSC season.
29) Charlotte Lawrence - Coo' shit. This semi is more stacked than I anticipated in terms of quality all around.
30) SYML - Maintain that it's better than most indie rock that is sent here, but such a stacked contest that it really doesn't stand much of a chance with me.
31) Mitski - I get the appeal (I think), it's just not my cup of tea.
32) PVRIS - Sometimes you just have to save the best for last, right?
1524 days 10 hours ago
ryan5676
01) Alexandra Stan & INNA – The beat is jamming and why do I enjoy this one as even I don’t get it but damn it does make me wanna dance.
02) Moranbong Band – Yeah I’m not laughing, and it is a song you find from the 1970’s and not one of the good ones as their voices make me shiver.
03) King No-One – They are alright at best, but my biggest problem was how dull it was to get through it as they don’t bring any spark.
04) ROSALIA – I may sound crazy, but I think I like this one as she got a nice voice and the beat is not bad and this is a hidden gem.
05) Weki Meki – I sure am picky with this song as I don’t like that beat and their voices don’t work well with too many changes in this beat.
06) Kelli-Leigh – She got a good voice and I do like it, but I think the music could use some updating sounding to much like a computer.
07) Indiana Massara – Oh god now this was a real chore to get through as her voice just is so bland and there was no value from this.
08) Oh Wonder – I find the lack of music to be disturbing and this didn’t get me as much and I think using better music here in the chorus could have helped it
09) Ailee – She is turning everything up and I am here for it as she took control and boy, I like someone who brings something different.
10) Alesha Dixon – Yes, I am digging this funky tune as she still got it and I was bopping along to her voice and it was all so slick and good.
11) Jessie Ware – I don’t know what to feel about this as I have no opinion towards it being as bland as a rice cake and that is saying something.
12) Stray Kids – Oh god here comes my worst fear as their music is too dang loud and will they ever stop shouting and how is this music.
13) Echosmith – This is over my head as that chorus is going to drive me insane while watching it and I do wish it could back down sometimes.
14) Afrojack x Jewelz & Sparks – The music is not good, and the singing could use some improvement being not enough in some moments.
15) The Unlikely Candidates – I am bopping my head up and down to this awesome sounding song and I like it when someone gets me grooving.
16) gugudan – Now this is my jam as I am rolling in this strange beat and their voices together sound so good and I’m glad I listened to this.
17) Normani – Well I do feel like she is underrated as that voice is something to die for and I am a grower of this song which really helps her to shine.
18) At The Sun – Is it over yet because I am frankly bored to death as that rock sound just isn’t exciting and it just fizzled out.
19) 5 Seconds of Summer – I can see the charm of this as the chorus goes out there and is so energetic and so modern and I love it.
20) Indila – The French Queen is here to slay with this masterpiece of a song that got me humming all the time and it is an outstanding bop.
21) Conan Gray – The music can be tiresome to listen to, but his voice does make this song redeemable in my eyes as he has a great voice.
22) Lindsey Stirling – I am loving this singer as she is bringing so much value in this one song, but the music is a major downfall as the chorus is so generic.
23) Duncan Laurence – Yeah, I’m not feeling it as he didn’t bring the best out of this with that bored voice and I don’t like it.
24) EVERGLOW – Their singing is good, but the music is a massive train wreck as it was a mess and I wish these girls got a better song than this.
25) Welshly Arms – You sir are bringing an anthem to my doorstep as this kill with his voice and that banging beat being legendary.
26) Alice Chater – She is of something else as I like that vocal and this song was alright with the music, but she brings that energy.
27) Kesha – I feel so bad for her to have sung this horrid song that is a sure embarrassment to hear with that chorus being a nightmare to get through.
28) Naika – The beat is what keeps me bringing back to this song and I do wish she put more energy into her vocals to make it that song.
29) Charlotte Lawrence – I don’t get this song as the lack of music and that weird voice doesn’t really dig me and it is more of an annoyance than music to me.
30) SYML – He got a voice that got my heart racing as a smile is back on my face as it brings the bang and got me fired up for more.
31) Mitski – I find the mixture of her vocals and the music to be weird as they don’t fit at all like I’m watching 2 different songs trying to fuse together.
32) PVRIS – This was an interesting choice and I have to think if I do like it and guess what I don’t haha and that loud music was awful, and this was rubbish.
1524 days 9 hours ago
ryan5676
Yeah my opinions have changed and I came into this contest with my mind being fresh like I am listening to them for the first time.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!