This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Yet another top tsc songs of 2019

Topic » Yet another top tsc songs of..

1597 days 14 hours ago
LornaHollas
The last thing we need is another top ranking of the years songs, well that's too bad!

I have my top 50 songs of the year for everyone to enjoy and take a trip down memory lane.
I will be excluding the usual (Eurovision, 80s vs 90s, covers etc.)

This year of tsc has been lots of fun and although most of my results were dreadful I got my first win and survived the three semi finals!

Fun fact: my college class had an award for the worst taste in music and i thought I was going to win it no question but it went to the person who listened to David bowie. So just remember Yoko Ono > David Bowie
1597 days 14 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
Yasssssss.

Lauren Harries > David Bowie.
1597 days 14 hours ago
LornaHollas
50th place:
The Cranberries "Summer Song" #PoohSnap TSC 367 20th place

I really love the cranberries last album. This is not my favourite track from the album but I still really enjoy it as it has the distinct cranberries style.

49th place:
Emma Bunton "Baby Please Don't Stop #NicoleF TSC 342 15th place

I love the spice girls and this has their vibe of music but with a more mature sound.

48th place: Miley Cyrus "Slide Away #DanielKennedy11 TSC 369 20th place

Despite the fact it came out that liam and mileys break up was kind of all her fault, I still really enjoy this song. There is a certain sadness to it about growing older and getting distant from people you used to be close to.

47th place:
Meg Myers "Lemon Eyes" #IceBeast TSC 355 15th place

This song kind of goes off, it definitely grows on you the more you listen. The chorus is super catchy and i really like the way she sings "lemon eyes"
1597 days 13 hours ago
Patrick319
yesss finally the list we've all been waiting for <3
1596 days 15 hours ago
LornaHollas
46th place:
Azealia Banks "Chasing Time" #insanity TSC 343 2nd place

Despite the fact she is probably the most problematic person in music at the moment, her music is fire! This is such a bop and I like the 90s feel to it

45th place:
Poppy "Scary Mask #CharlieBibi TSC 359 15th place

Poppys latest dark sounding music is just so interesting to me, it certainly keeps you on your toes for whats going to happen within a song. This song certainly is a rollercoaster!

44th place:
New Years Day "Shut Up" #CharlieBibi TSC 360 4th place

New Years Day were a band I had heard of but never heard any of their music. I really wish I had given them a whirl earlier as they are right up my alley. Female led rock is my fave.

43rd place:
Big Freedia ft. Lizzo "Karoke" #Fritzyyyyy TSC 347 9th place

This song is just such a ball of fun energy, plus I really like the combo of Lizzo and big freedias vocals
1596 days 14 hours ago
Patrick319
finally more Karaoke appreciation
1596 days 13 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
Not mad at any of these picks.
1595 days 17 hours ago
NicoleF
Omg i was included in one of these! Thank you! <3
1595 days 15 hours ago
Insanity
Lorna I can already tell your list is about to go OFF.
1594 days 17 hours ago
LornaHollas
42nd place:
Ashley O "On a Roll" #DanielKennedy111 TSC 357 2nd place

I legit only watched the black mirror episode just before posting this because it didn't feel right having not watched it yet and putting in on the list (guess I was too distracted with bojack season 6, insatiable and jeopardy!) Although it should speak volumes that I've had this on repeat having not even watched the episode until now and despite its context this song is a bop! Although I'm very disappointed that the lyrics aren't actually "hey I'm a hoe"

41st place:
Nicola Roberts "Disco, Blisters and a Comedown" #Toliskalkis TSC 367 16th place

Nicola was always my favourite member of girls aloud and I love her solo work so I'm quite gobsmacked I'd never heard of this song until this year! It's such a chaotic mess with questionable lyrics (looking like John prescott) but I think that's why I love it so much!

40th place:
Chloe Kohanski "Come This Far" #Patrick319 TSC 355 12th place

This is such a powerful song and the chorus is so catchy. Definitely an anthem!

39th place:
The Interrupters "Gave You Everything" #Adelesmom 26th place

This song is right up my alley, I love female led rock! This song certainly goes off!
1594 days 16 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
lmfao, Tolis will be so happy that someone other than him likes "Disco, Blisters and a Comedown."

It's his fantasy football team name which is both the gayest and most masc thing ever.
1594 days 16 hours ago
Patrick319
this list is already a mess and I love it
1593 days 22 hours ago
LornaHollas
Lol I love being a mess
1593 days 22 hours ago
LornaHollas
38th place:
Kylie Minogue "Into The Blue #Eoin TSC 345 2nd place

I remember when this was in TSC it was revealed she had only cracked the top 10 once before this! How disrespectful! This is one of Kylie's best song and proved a redemption for those previous results! The only Kylie who matters!

37th place:
Azealia Banks "Ice Princess" #ricktworick1 TSC 354 20th place

Controversial opinion but I prefer this over "Chasing time". Sue me!

36th place:
Brandi Carlile "The Joke" #UnicornChicken TSC 341 20th place

Although many political songs nowadays make me roll my eyes as they are a dime a dozen and offer no real substance other than "Trump is bad" and the songs themselves aren't great. This song however I find brilliant if not just for the way she sings "movies"

35th place:
Mija "Dead Flowers and Cigarettes" #Josh472 TSC 345 31st place

https://ww.youtube.com/watch?v=Gui63QXibSI

This completely bombed during TSC. I remember listening to it for the first time going what the hell is this it's so odd. After the contest I revisited it if only just for that experience again. It kind of grew on me and dispute it being weird for sake of being weird (I mean so is most of Yoko's work) I ended up really liking it lol
1593 days 22 hours ago
LornaHollas
1593 days 21 hours ago
LornaHollas
34th place:
Dig Lazarus "Outlaw" #bibbles TSC 379 22nd place

Queen bibbles now with a song that was so clearly submitted by her. I really enjoyed this song and have been playing it a lot since the contest ended

33rd place:
Alesha Dixon "The Way We Are" #AlanDuncan TSC 362 2nd place

I swear this song was hidden away for 4 years because I'd never heard it before but it snaps. It has so much energy to it and it's an all over bop!

32nd place:
Blair St. Clair "Now Or Never" #rodrigueseve TSC 347 8th place

I had this song on repeat for most of summer 2018 as Blair was the unexpected pop queen of season 10. This was my original choice for LGBT week but got beaten to it. Sad times. This is a bop though!

31st place:
Pabllo Vittar ft. Charlie XCX "Flash Pose" #ianfitz0012 TSC 365 7th place

Although both artists are very hit or miss for me, this song just slays me. I love drag music and this just sounds like drag music. They definitely work well together.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!