This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 347 Final - Pride LGBT+ Theme

Topic » TSC 347 Final - Pride LGBT+..

1841 days 17 hours ago
Arris
06) Okay this is pretty great. It's totally NOT what I expected. I really like the flow of this track and yeah there is something really cool about it.
1841 days 17 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
06) Hayley Kiyoko - Lesbian Jesus has arrived. Sleepy delivery is kind of HER THING, and I've liked some of her stuff before, but the pace of her delivery here is rather boring to me.
1841 days 17 hours ago
ianfitz0012
01) A Great Big World - holy shit this was so annoying make it stop
02) Rina Sawayama - a very appropriate palette cleanser for the candy pop propaganda that was entry #1! I'd actually listen this more than once.
03) Saara Aalto - felix if I 12 this will u not want to literally murder me anymore
04) Erika Jayne - I can't believe I'm listening to a track from the mother of all music! This is so legendary I'm fainting
05) Sia - of course you had to pick a song I liked! Wanted to give this 0 points k we'll see how I feel once I get through all the other top 40 artists here
1841 days 17 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
07) Shea Diamond - 'American Pie'

As early as transgender singer Shea Diamond can remember, she identified as a girl -- and was punished for it. “I got whoopings for walking like a girl, for using the restroom sitting down like a girl,” says Diamond today. “Even singing when I was little, I remember being corrected: ‘Put some bass in your voice.’ It was like robbing me of the only joy I had in this world.” She ran away from home in Flint, Mich., as a teen, and at age 20 robbed a convenience store at gunpoint -- desperate, she says, to fund her gender-affirming surgery. According to records, she was incarcerated at various men’s correctional facilities in Michigan from 1999 until 2009. Behind bars, Diamond found her voice as a songwriter. After her release, she relocated to New York and entered the world of trans activism. When songwriter-to-the-stars Justin Tranter saw a video of Diamond singing a cappella at a Trans Lives Matter event, he reached out. Now, he’s executive producer of Diamond’s first EP, Seen It All, a collection of roof-rattling anthems showcasing Diamond’s soulful voice.
1841 days 17 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO FRITZYYYYYYYYY < 3
1841 days 17 hours ago
Arris
07) This was quite anticlimatic after all these up lifting tracks. Okay this was definitely not bad and the voice is good but the thing is ... it's just boring. Sorry.
1841 days 17 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
08) SOAK - 'Deja Vu'

Bridie Monds-Watson, better known by her stage name SOAK, is a Northern Irish singer-songwriter born in Derry in 1996.  SOAK's music has been described as 'a vivid portrait of teenage deep-thinking' by The Guardian. She released her debut studio album Before We Forgot How to Dream in May 2015. “SOAK” is a phonetic portmanteau of “Soul” and “Folk”.
1841 days 17 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
07) Shea Diamond - Mmmmm, dat tone. Not anything groundbreaking, but a nice soulful entry.
1841 days 17 hours ago
Arris
08) This gave me serious 90's vibes. It was kind of cute.
1841 days 17 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
08) SOAK - Suuuuuuuuuubtle slow toe-tapper. Beyond that, there's really not much here for me to grab onto.
1841 days 17 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
09) Madonna - 'Girl Gone Wild'

Madonna Louise Ciccone an American singer-songwriter, actress and businesswoman. Referred to as the "Queen of Pop" since the 1980s, Madonna is known for pushing the boundaries of songwriting in mainstream popular music and for the imagery she uses onstage and in music videos. She has frequently reinvented her music and image while maintaining autonomy within the recording industry. Although having sparked controversy, her works have been praised by music critics. Madonna is often cited as an influence by other artists and is generally considered a LGBT icon.
1841 days 17 hours ago
ianfitz0012
06) Hayley Kiyoko - one of the most annoying voices in music today delivers a mediocre song. Also the age difference in the music video is a little odd. Not sure if it's intentional but they look like at least a few years apart…
07) Shea Diamond - a solid song just not that interesting. Living for any shot with wine though.
08) SOAK - another singer with a lame voice. I'm sorry but this bored me.
1841 days 17 hours ago
Arris
09) Well it's a bop. What else is there to say. Also it would be weird if there was no Madonna in a week like this.
1841 days 17 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
09) Madonna - Very few people know this about me, and it could totally put me on a short-list to have my Badge of Gay revoked, but *whispers* I'm not a big Madonna fan. I'm sure this could be seen as an intentionally subtle vocal, but it truly sounds like she doesn't give a shit.
1841 days 17 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
10) Big Freedia - 'Karaoke ft Lizzo'

Freddie Ross is an American musician best known by the stage name Big Freedia  and for work in the New Orleans genre of hip hop called bounce music. Freedia has been credited with helping popularize the genre, which was largely underground since developing in the early 1990s. Freedia operates an interior design business whose clients included the administration of Ray Nagin when he was the mayor of New Orleans. Freedia has stated "I am not transgendered (sic); I am just a gay male... I wear women's hair and carry a purse, but I am a man. I answer to either 'he' or 'she'." However, she said in a 2013 interview with Out that her preferred pronoun is "she". In 2015, an interviewer asked Freedia about how "Everyone either knows (or quickly learns) to use the feminine pronoun when referring to you".

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!