This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 340 Final

Topic » TSC 340 Final

1863 days 15 hours ago
LiukBB
01) Mansionair  : Wow an alternative song to begin with. Too bad is just a bit unremarkable, and not standing out production wise. Not too keen on vocals as well. Overall meh. Damn those 4:26 feel like an eternity :P.

02: Years and Years, Mnek: Wasn't a massive fan of their last tsc winning entry. This one is way more catchy and even Mnek kinda keep the  rhytm going. Yea it's a bit generic, but it has a life. Dunno if this will standout though.

03: Anjulie: Definitely way more modern but her vocals really puts me off. Overall not a fan of those weird noises which i guess were the drop so yeah won't go back to this

04: Tiffany Young: i like the rhytm, but i feel this song is too repetitive to make a solid impact on me.  Like how many times she said " I AM BORN I AM BORN " . Like I get it, can you stop ?

05) Bella Santiago: I liked her voice, and the drop and beat were nice. I just feel like the song takes a bit too long to explode and that's a bit of a downfall. Overall okay and pleasant, but could have been better.

06 Oliver Heldens: I was gonna say “ why a female is singing this when oliver is a male name “lol. This song has catchiness and a good rhytm. Definitely something that has standed out so far. Will do well

07. Bebe Rexha: I really like this, as I do like Bebe's style. I wish she couldn't done that hurrrraaaaah because that was annoying, but the rest is solid as a rock

08. Minelli: This is so good. Like it's a bit generic, but everything just works perfectly and the chorus snaps. The drop is solid. This might be Peter ? Dunno, but this is a solid yes.

09: Margaret: Awww this is nice. Margaret voice is so cute. This song is not something groundbreaking, but i am enjoying it. It feels quite simple and sometimes simple things work.
Prefer this to "in my cabana"

10. Yam Rafeli: I didn’t like this at first, but it has grew a bit on me. The verses are nice but still I ‘m not too keen on pre-chorus and chorus itself where the song begins to drag a bit. But overall there has been worst so far.

11) Jeanette Akua : Yasss , this is the exact trash I live for. This is just amazing, so full of joy and most of important it’s catchy.

12) Jolin Tsai: Eh not a fan of this. The song in itself is boring, yea it sounds modern but it feels pretty dull. Also don’t like that “waa” in the background , it wasn’t needed.  It becomes to drag after the 2:00 minute mark, so overall nah.

13) Ben Platt: I felt bored after the first 5 seconds, and it continued till the end. He is asking for help with those vocals? This feel like more of a complain than a ballad.  This song feel like it lasts foreverrrr and I don’t wanna that to happen.  Oh okay this is finally over.

14) Astrid S: This was Middle of the Road, not bad, not good. It was a bit generic and just there . Won't go back to this .

15) Isak Danielson: This overall was nice, not groundbreaking but pretty cute.

16) CXLOE: Yes we are back to bops.  Loving the production, loving the style and admiring the vocals. Booppp

17) Sam Feldt x Kate Ryan: Oh Kate from esc 2006 belgiu robbed queen.
The song isn't too bad, the chorus is quite nice, but i don't find the verses attractives as well. It's also a tad generic. MOR.

18. The Aces: The song is a bit boring , dull, and quite unremarkmable on all levels. Feels like I heard it lot of times before.

19) Sylvie Kreusch: Didn't leave any significant impact, but the beat was repetive and annoying and it made me zone out quite early.

20) Aurora : The song is not bad, but it's again an other MOR. i wouldn't probably go back to this but it's nice. Just probably not my style

21)Sundara Karma : This was different, but it was interesting after couple of more meh entries. It’s not my ucp of tea, but the whole thing kinda works well. Very simple song, but yet quite impactful.

22) Normani - 'Waves ft. 6Lack' : Lmao this is something. She kinda swears and the song isn’t too bad, oh wait the rapper comes in and puts down the entire song. Urgh his presence wasn’t necessary at all.

23) Trisha Paytas : Ooof i was expecting something more trash from her, and she put out this which isn’t trashy so i am a bit upset. However the chorus is so coool and i love her self-confidence. Dunno if it will be enough because the song is a bit generic to make it standing out, but it’s nice.

24) Smallpools  : Oh yes a good alternative entry. Like the guy’s voice, and the instrumentation here is quite on point. Nice track .
25) TMW : Oh wow an other romanian entry. Ok LMAO What’s this ? She nanny nanany what. This is so weird, his vocals feels forced and the song seems not to belong to him. The chorus with the ladies didn’t elevate this song at all. Flop

26) Dua Lipa  : Dua is such a complete artist. Tell me a gendre she can’t sing. Okay maybe I’m exageratting, but it’s one of those singers with Bebe that i pretty much have to stan whatever stuff they give us. Veryyyy catchy.

27) Ida Red  : After a nice beginning, the song turned out to be boring with a really meh chorus that didn’t help it at all. Feel like a wasted opportunity.

28) Janelle Monáe : Still waiting on Janelle to pull anything good after We are Young. Guess I’ll have to wait yet the next single.The last 40 seconds of this were a huge choice.

29)29) Whenyoung  : The voices together were quite fine, the rest of the song didn’t stand out much, but it’s quite nice overall. I dig simple songs :P, and yeah this could have been sung by the Zombies.

30)Takagi and Ketra: Quite funky, quite catchy, very nice tune overall. The chorus is quite good here.

31)Penny Mob  : A bit messy but overall I kinda like it. Especially the chorus was quite interesting. Not the most amazing rock song we ever heard but for a one time listen is fine.

32) SVRCINA x SOLARSUNS : Oh no we go back to a more generic edm song which leaves me cold as a stone.
1863 days 9 hours ago
IceBeast
01) Mansionair - 'We Could Leave' - very mellow and peaceful start to this round
02) Years & Years, Mnek - 'Valentino' - not bad, but kinda bland for me
03) Anjulie - 'Glory' - i liked the beat!
04) Tiffany Young - 'Born Again' - I really liked how it started, but then I got bored of it
05) Bella Santiago - 'Army of love' - i liked this but i wish it had a little something more!
06) Oliver Heldens - 'Fire In My Soul' - this was okay, i liked the beat
07) Bebe Rexha - 'Last Hurrah' - i like this! i like the ending too
08) Minelli - 'My Heart' - i kinda dig this, but it’s missing something for me
09) Margaret - 'Tempo' - love this one! it’s very catchy
10) Yam Refaeli - 'Shehake'ev Yimtsa Lo Chaverim - i liked this more than I thought I would, but it felt repetitive and dragged out.
11) Jeanette Akua - 'Drunk' - okay this song is so catchy
12) Jolin Tsai - 'Womxnly' - Yay for a taiwanese singer! but not really a fan of this tbh
13) Ben Platt - 'Bad Habit' - this song should up my alley! but it is a tad long and bland
14) Astrid S - 'Someone New' -i liked this, but i wish it had like a big climax
15) Isak Danielson - 'Power' - this song just went nowhere for me
16) CXLOE - 'I Can't Have Nice Things' - very calm, not much more to say
17) Sam Feldt x Kate Ryan - 'Gold' - a common thing with all these songs were that i felt they all could use a little something extra.
18) The Aces - 'Volcanic Love' - also fell with the rest of the songs for me.
19) Sylvie Kreusch - 'Please To Devon' - kinda odd, reminds me of like a spell or something
20) Aurora - 'Animal' - okay Sia MV but i liked it
21) Sundara Karma - 'Flame' - it was alright. i am going to have a hard time ranking songs!
22) Normani - 'Waves ft. 6lack' - as also alright.. wish it had more
23) Trisha Paytas - 'Superficial Bitch' - okay a choice.
24) Smallpools - 'Killer Whales' - love this and it’s catchy!
25) TMW - 'Make me your man' - this was really chill and i like the vocals
26) Dua Lipa - 'Swan Song' - i love due, and i like this!
27) Ida Red - 'Talk' - i liked this too but i wish it was less repetitive
28) Janelle Monáe - 'Crazy, Classic Life' - i liked it a lot!
29) Whenyoung - 'Never Let Go' - i vibed with this song a lot!
30) Takagi & Ketra - 'L'esercito del selfie ft. Lorenzo Fragola, Arisa' - was kinda cute
31) Penny Mob - '21st Century Kids' - type of song that i would like but something was off
32) SVRCINA x SOLARSUNS - 'Disco' - surprisingly peaceful to listen to
1863 days 9 hours ago
Aquamarine
01) Mansionair - Erm, well that certainly was a way to start a contest. Sorry, not for me at all.
02) Years & Years, MNEK - Yeah okay cool we get that Years & Years is an artist that exists but I'm all set.
03) Anjulie - Why does this have the same background music as Chains by Nick Jonas??? This is Spinnin why isn't it more litty titty???
04) Tiffany Young - I'm not sure if this is something everyone will love or it'll just be forgotten. I never know.
05) Bella Santiago - Ugh, I forgot this is the part of the year where we get all the Eurovision rejects...I don't like that part of the year.
06) Oliver Heldens - Yeah ok pleasant enough but will I remember it????
07) Bebe Rexha - LMAO I had no idea this was in the contest when I posted it in the Skype chat saying it sounded like Kygo's "It Ain't Me" at the end. It's in my playlist, it'll obviously do well with me.
08) Minelli - Really a lot of bleh ok whatever songs this contest already. They aren't bad, they just arent memorable.
09) Margaret - I like that there's a lot of female singers this contest but they're all kind of blending together. I think this was my favorite of the vaguely forgettable songs?
10) Yam Refaeli - OH NO. THIS BOTHERS ME. THIS BOTHERS ME A LOT.
11) Jeanette Akua - This song goes off I don't care what anyone with a bad opinion says.
12) Jolin Tsai - No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. It's a permanent no from me.
13) Ben Platt - OK ILL SAY IT, TRIGGER WARNING AGAIN!!! THIS IS COMPLETE WHITE NONSENSE!!!
14) Astrid S - I literally do not know the difference between this artist and Allie X, like they're the same person right?
15) Isak Danielson - See #13 - is this Hozier?
16) CXLOE - another vaguely pleasant song that's really just fine but really also goes nowhere WHAT IS THIS CONTEST
17) Sam Feldt x Kate Ryan - ughghHGHhghHHHGHHG this contest really just is all the same
18) The Aces - This is the kind of nonsense that I like for whatever reason I wish that it did a little more for me but it's fine.
19) Sylvie Kreusch - LMAO this was really just a lot of noise and I'm laughing what in the WORLD???
20) AURORA - I swear to god I cannot differentiate this entire contest for the life of me. The end of this was better.
21) Sundara Karma - I facepalmed as soon as this started. Bibbles, I presume?
22) Normani - I'm sorry, I've never heard of this artist? Seems like the kind that would need a better girl group member to carry her. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
23) Trisha Paytas - I-
24) Smallpools - This is the kind of garbage I am absolutely in love with I just really like this sound inexplicably.
25) TMW - Hwat?
26) Dua Lipa - Ugh, I've heard this in my Spotify shuffle a handful of times and I mean it's alright.
27) Ida Red - I feel like all the strong entries are at the end of this contest.
28) Janelle Monae - Yeah the end of this contest is definitely the better portion at least they dont all blend together.
29) Whenyoung - bleh I mean this wasn't totally offensive and I feel like under other circumstances I could like this but it didn't go anywhere really.
30) Takagi & Ketra - People here know how I feel about the non-English songs I can't understand, if they don't go off I don't like them.
31) Penny Mob - Something about me wanted to like this more than I actually did, not to say I hated it.
32) SVRCINA x SOLARSUNS - Yeah this is a perfect way to end this contest, with mediocrity that sounds like half the other songs. Appropriate.
1863 days 5 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
01) Mansionair - Have a song from them on my list, but this ain't it, chief. I like the vibe of it in general, but it doesn't really go anywhere, does it?
02) Years & Years, MNEK - A gay anti-Valentine's anthem by two artists that I consistently love? Sign me up.
03) Anjulie - Could have been a really good entry if the drop was even slightly interesting.
04) Tiffany Young - Very pleasant, which can easily go into TOO PLEASANT boredom, but that didn't happen here. It's nice
05) Bella Santiago - ARMY OF GAYS UNITE. I overplayed the hell out of this early on in the ESC season, so it's slipped for me a bit, but I'm still obviously into it.
06) Oliver Heldens - Early contender. Great energy throughout and it never felt like too much.
07) Bebe Rexha - That chorus is VILE, lmfao. The rest is fine, but I just can't do it.
08) Minelli - Liked this when I saw shown that it won ESCT. It's a strong entry that I could see winning here as well.
09) Margaret - THERE'S A TIGER INSIDE MY BODY.
10) Yam Refaeli - Mmmmdatvoice. Okay, but tell me why this is so fucking good? Who gave you permission?
11) Jeanette Akua - My name is Jeanette and I saw you walk by, missed my stop cause I thought I'd say. Ugh, what an amazing storyteller. <3 Honestly, it's pretty ridiculous and I should like it more than I ultimately did.
12) Jolin Tsai - It's pretty, but don't think I'll remember it with like TWENTY MORE FUCKING SONGS TO LISTEN TO.
13) Ben Platt - Drop the Habit. Just Bad.
14) Astrid S - For me, this is the defintion of something that would make my "shortlist" for entries at first because it's an easy inoffensive pop listen, but I'd never send it because it doesn't really make much of an impact beyond the initial listen. It's fine, but I don't think it has staying power. And while scrolling by, I saw that Steven said essentially the same thing without fucking rambling, so good on him.
15) Isak Danielson - This was on my list, but I haven't listened to it since I put it there, so we're about to find out why (hopefully). Interesting tone. Wish it had a stronger chorus, but I'm really into his voice and the entire vibe of it. Yeah, I'm into it.
16) CXLOE - See #14, but I like it less than that on first listen.
17) Sam Feldt x Kate Ryan - THE Kate Ryan? Oh biiiiitch. "Thoughts and prayers are not enough." P R E A C H  I T  S I S. Wish there was a little more punch to it, but that's not really what it was going for, so I'm just being selfish. It's fine.
18) The Aces - The indie sound kinda stands out in comparison to most of the poppier females from this contest. Think that's helping it with me.
19) Sylvie Kreusch - In all honesty, I'm blunted and this is out there and I have absolutely no idea how I feel about this. It took me on a trip, though.
20) Aurora - I was ready to put this in the same category as #14 and #16, but it grew on me quite a bit.
21) Sundara Karma - Me. Not for me. Obligatory comment that I haven't used in a while.
22) Normani - Vibe music. Something I would be really into in a certain mood, but it's not getting fully there for me right now.
23) Trisha Paytas - Are we going to keep doing this? Bless her heart.
24) Smallpools - Not for me, but I could see why people would get behind it.
25) TMW - LMFAO.
26) Dua Lipa - This has been out for over a month and I haven't heard it? Yikes, fake fan. Like it a lot.
27) Ida Red - It's nice, but I worry I've liked too many songs thus far more than this.
28) Janelle Monáe - It's Janelle. it's good.
29) Whenyoung - Meh. Didn't really do much for me. Not sure it would in any mood or mindset.
30) Takagi & Ketra - It's... kinda cute? That's really as far as I'd go.
31) Penny Mob - Not gonna pretend that I wasn't turned off from the initial "da da da" trash. Not into it whatsoever.
32) SVRCINA x SOLARSUNS - Fine closer that could sneak into my points in shorter weaker contest right at the end.
1863 days 4 hours ago
Talian
01) Mansionair : This was ok. I don’t know how it will go in compare to some other but It surely was a very pleasant listen.

02) Years & Years, Mnek : I don’t know. This didn’t do it for me. They both did much better.

03) Anjulie : I was kinda intrigued until that drop. That drop was a straight no for me.

04) Tiffany Young : I was listening and it ended. I don’t know. It passed me thru. And it didn’t leave me anything.

05) Bella Santiago : Definitely should have won. But other than that it’s a pretty basic. The chorus is fine tho. Not a fan of that “flute” in the background.

06) Oliver Heldens : Where have I already listened to it? It’s surely not a discover and I like it! I just hope the verses were as good the chorus. The chorus is solid. The verses are a little dragged.

07) Bebe Rexha : Too edited. Her voice doesn’t even seem human. Too many effects. Too many runs. It didn’t do it for me.

08) Minelli : Ot relies too much on the instrumental part. It wouldn’t be a bad thing if there was some actual instruments in it. Not my cup of tea.

09) Margaret : I’m over her. It wasn’t even a bad song. Too too too generic tho.

10) Yam Refaeli : Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Loved it from beginning to end! I need more! His voice! I’m in love!

11) Jeanette Akua : Please, stop.

12) Jolin Tsai : Let’s just say it wasn’t for me. I can see the appeal but it lacked a little punch. I don’t know. It could have been a banger if they spent maybe a day more on the song?

13) Ben Platt : He’s fine. Fine fine fine. But the song was tooooo boring!

14) Astrid S : The chorus was actually decent! Too bad they ruined the song with those useless verses. Too bad. Seriously. What’s up with those verses?

15) Isak Danielson : This was honestly the standout of the competition so far! Plus, that alternative video doesn’t change the thing much if you don’t want to look at half naked people. He’s still half naked, yet, still xD

16) CXLOE : This was so not my thing I don’t even know what to say.

17) Sam Feldt x Kate Ryan : I. Hate. Weak. Drops. If you have to rely on a beat drop because you don’t know how to finish that chorus. Thy better be the best most life changing beat drop ever! Other than that. It was a nice listen.

18) The Aces : They’re the coolest. This song is not there yet. But it surely was a nice one!

19) Sylvie Kreusch : What? This was a mess.

20) Aurora : This was fine. Nothing amazing. But surely it relieved my ears from thy last one.

21) Sundara Karma : I like then genre. But this didn’t do it for me.

22) Normani : Here’s my problem with it: what’s that chorus? The verses are fine. The bridge is FIRE! FIRE I tell you! But what’s that chorus? Really? Way to kill a hit. I can get behind a nice chorus with awful verses. But not the other way around. And the third verse rapped totally killed it. Totally unneeded.

23) Trisha Paytas : Oh. No.

24) Smallpools : I don’t know. I feel like they’re trying too much. And that chorus. No.

25) TMW : This was fun. I loved every second of this!

26) Dua Lipa : Not my thing. That head voice beginning is kinda annoying. And the chorus is unexisting.

27) Ida Red : This bored me. Not my thing really.

28) Janelle Monáe : I enjoyed it until the end. But I wouldn’t ever see myself listening to this again. And it felt more of a background track.

29) Whenyoung : I don’t know. I feel like this kind of bands are really trying too hard. It doesn’t seem natural to me. It feels forced.

30) Takagi & Ketra : Seriously nobody used this song before? This is POP 101 gents! This honestly ruined my summer two years ago since it was played everywhere but oh god it’s sooooo good!!!

31) Penny Mob : Finally a good one! Save the best for last!

32) SVRCINA x SOLARSUNS : This didn’t give me anything.
1862 days 1 hour ago
TheGoodMan
01) Mansionair – I mean I didn’t mind it but it did really come across as an XX knock off to me
02) Years & Years, Mnek – Both of these acts really have an ear for pop, another great showing
03) Anjulie – I thought it was fine and then it ended like really abruptly for me
04) Tiffany Young – Yess I like this! Her voice is quite nice albeit breathy, and I think this is a step from the last song (the one I entered for a TSC a while ago)
05) Bella Santiago – A Fuego knockoff it is, yes. But it bops…
06) Oliver Heldens -  It’s not bad tbh, but it is a bit aggressive with that beat, I did enjoy it
07) Bebe Rexha -  at least she’s not butchering country music this time
08) Minelli – Yeah, it’s fine, it’s pleasant, but it’s not drop dead gorgeous. I think Tiffany has her beat here
09) Margaret – Better than In My Cabana (oh na na) Quite the trashy bop. I stan
10) Yam Refaeli – Okay, the vocal he is giving me is really not something I like, and the production is very clangy and bombastic
11) Jeanette Akua – LOL these lyrics I honestly might give it points in a Sigrid Bernson kinda way, it does have charm in a very trashy way
12) Jolin Tsai – It’s a pleasant listen, im not sure if it’ll stand out enough to be in my top 10 at the end but I enjoyed it, and surprisingly the dance break at the end
13) Ben Platt – So I am a big fan of musical theatre, and I do love his kinda starring one in Dear Evan Hansen, but maybe he should stick to like doing character cuz this comes across as just being a bit shite
14) Astrid S – I’m a fan of her work, I had this on my list, I’m glad it’s here, a fun and catchy pop bop.
15) Isak Danielson – This is the same as every other bloody white man singing over some dredging drum and some vaguely cinematic strings
16) CXLOE – I think it’s cute, it clocks in short which is to its benefit, and that beat is quite arresting
17) Sam Feldt x Kate Ryan – is this THE Kate Ryan of Je T’adore robbage? This is not that, I preferred Oliver Heldens to it
18) The Aces – This band were recommended to me before, it’s pretty glittery fun pop rock. I’m into it
19) Sylvie Kreusch – I liked it at first but then it really samey and monotonous
20) Aurora – I have usually liked her stuff, and I liked this, it was a bit more dancey than her usual stuff and I like the progression
21) Sundara Karma – kind of a bland song, it plods along alright, and the bassline is good but I doubt it’ll get anything much from me if at all
22) Normani – I love me some slow jams and R&B, this is a well made and well sung song
23) Trisha Paytas – no, look if you wanna do a troll entry make it funny sis
24) Smallpools – I didn’t like this, its very paint-by-numbers for the genre
25) TMW – Ouch that vocal, no thanks
26) Dua Lipa – yeah I heard this before and I honestly didn’t care for it, doesn’t seem like the kind of music she should be making rn
27) Ida Red – I was hoping this would be robbed queen Ida Redig of Allting som vi sa fame, but I did still enjoy this, the harmonies are nice and it’s a good listen
28) Janelle Monáe – I’m a huge fan of hers but this is just an album track, and it’s really not all that impactful
29) Whenyoung – It’s fine, it’s cute, I didn’t mind it, I’m just not very enthused about it
30) Takagi & Ketra – Black Heart from Stooshe did it better lol
31) Penny Mob – It started off a bit fun, but the vocal ended up just being irritating for me by the end
32) SVRCINA x SOLARSUNS – Yeah, I think it’s also alright, nothing much to say other than it was okay
1861 days 22 hours ago
Eoin
01) Mansionair - BOOT - I was bored. Like this song makes me tired.

02) Years & Years, Mnek - BOOT - Both of their worst song for me, should have been glorious but it's really bad.

03) Anjulie - BOOT - I don't mean to be a cunt, but she's really obviously not fluent in English, singing an English song so there's a disconnect.

04) Tiffany Young - BOOT - Terribly bland and boring. Never mind born again I'm bored again.

05) Bella Santiago - TOOT - The first tolerable song so far, such a NF loser song lol.

06) Oliver Heldens - TOOT - Ok werk, this goes off.

07) Bebe Rexha - TOOT - Just another Bebe song, which as usual is just fine.

08) Minelli - BOOT - This just sound incorrect.

09) Margaret - TOOT - A really fun pop song, not outstanding but good.

10) Yam Refaeli - TOOT - Fucking fantabulous vocals, the song is different to everything else. I dig it.

11) Jeanette Akua - TOOT - Awful, but awfully good, like it just slays.

12) Jolin Tsai - BOOT - No.

13) Ben Platt - BOOT - This song's worst habit is boring me.

14) Astrid S - BOOT - Ironically this song's problem is that its nothing new.

15) Isak Danielson - BOOT - This song had 0 power over me.

16) CXLOE - TOOT - Nice. Just nice. You can have nice things CXLOE.

17) Sam Feldt x Kate Ryan - BOOT - Sorry i'm so fucking bored of all these songs being the exact same.

18) The Aces - TOOT - This was fun and an interesting change to the mediocrity so far.

19) Sylvie Kreusch - BOOT - Umm...?

20) Aurora - TOOT - This was kinda a little much but yeah, i liked it, well i forced myself to bc she's irish.

21) Sundara Karma - BOOT - There was no flame.

22) Normani - BOOT - You can do better hun.

23) Trisha Paytas - BOOT - Ew.

24) Smallpools - TOOT - Honestly the sort of bop i live for, very like mid 2000s in a teen film.

25) TMW - BOOT - Jesus, gross.

26) Dua Lipa - BOOT - She can do better.

27) Ida Red - TOOT - Better than earlier stuff, but its on the same wave so it suffers. I may score this, may not. i can't remember the other songs anymore.

28) Janelle Monáe - SHOOT - Transcendent. Just another level above literally everything here.

29) Whenyoung - BOOT - I'd love to let go of the memory of this mess.

30) Takagi & Ketra - TOOT - LOL, kinda werk.

31) Penny Mob - BOOT - Didn't do it for me.

32) SVRCINA x SOLARSUNS - TOOT - Nice drops, nice production. Good ending.
1861 days 21 hours ago
Insanity
1. Mansionair - I was waiting for something bigger to happen. The vocalist sounded bored at times. This was just very dull all around.
2. Years & Years, MNEK - I discovered this yesterday and wanted to switch my entry but someone had already entered it. Oh well can’t blame me for trying. I fell in love with this pretty quickly. I think I prefer MNEK’s parts but they were both very solid and I love this song.
3. Anjulie - Spinnin’ Records has this really bad habit of ruining songs what would be otherwise great songs with a weird ass drop that comes out of nowhere. This isn’t as offensive as VINAI from best of, but it’s just pretty unpleasant on the ears.
4. Tiffany Young - Her post-SNSD career has been pretty questionable. However, this song is actually really pleasant. The chorus really snaps.
5. Bella Santiago - It’s Fuego-lite imo. Although it definitely separates itself from Fuego just enough that it doesn’t feel like a clone. It definitely kept my attention, but I don’t know if it kept it enough to wanna go back.
6. Oliver Heldens - Ohhhhhhh a lot of this is really responding well to me. It has an upbeat pace and never loses steam throughout the song. Very solid entry.
7. Bebe Rexha - Sorry bibbles… This is your warning now, but I simply can not omit this observation out of my comments… THE WAY SHE SPREADS OUT THE WORD HURRAH IN THE CHORUS SHE SOUNDS LIKE SHE’S CHOKING ON A DICK.
8. Minelli - Oh wow I’m loving this. So much about this entry is right up my alley. This contest is already so much better than last week’s. THERE I SAID IT.
9. Margaret - It’s fine. It works for a one time, feel good listen, but I’m not as crazy about as I have been about some other entries so far.
10. Yam Refaeli - For being a foreign languge song it does a good job at keeping my attention. The verses drag out a little bit, but then we get this explosive chorus. Normally wouldn’t be my thing, but this was really solid.
11. Jeanette Akua - Wait girl… IF YOU KNEW HE WAS A PIECE OF SHIT AFTER THREE DATES WHY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ANNIVERSARIES WITH HIM? You messy bitch. This should’ve gone harder, and I’m mad at that contradiction between the two pre-choruses.
12. Jolin Tsai - I mean it’s not awful, but if I’m being honest it’s probably the weakest entry I’ve heard of hers. A lot of this song feels very subtle, which is just so unlike her. Expected more out of this tbh.
13. Ben Platt - https://i.imgur.com/F8a535r.gif https://i.gyazo.com/339921b8e45db5077559f401115bd888.gif
14. Astrid S - Yeah I found this while looking for entries. She never goes all the way there for me. Like after a few listens I never go back to any of her songs. They’re always pleasant at first, but they don’t have any long lasting impact
15. Isak Danielson - “*Alternative video in case you don't want to look at half naked people*” I love Tengaged Video Contest!!! Everything about this entry sounds solid on paper. Maybe I gotta be in a different mood to appreciate it more, but for a first listen I dig it.
16. CXLOE - There were elements in this song that were really cool. Feels a bit style over substance, but it’s not bad.
17. Sam Feldt x Kate Ryan - Another Spinnin’ Records track? Will there be another mediocre drop? And yep there it is! Unlike Anjulie though, I can’t say that I was interested in this song even before the drop. Just a whole lot of nothing.
18. The Aces - I’ve heard of them, but I struggle to try to get into them. This song isn’t convincing me to stan them otherwise.
19. Sylvie Kreusch - What kind of drugs were they on when they produced this song? Not even trying to be insulting, I just can’t be convinced otherwise that someone produced this sober.
20. AURORA - I’m usually a fan of hers. This is no exception. It’s not as strong as some of her other entries, but I was still entertained regardless.
21. Sundara Karma - bibbles, is that you? I mean it’s not for me, but it’s fine for what it is.
22. Normani - Wow, a black girl with a slow R&B inspired track? Damn and it’s got a rap verse after the second chorus. This entry is in DANGER, girl.
23. Trisha Patyas - I mean she’s not even a good troll entry. I can’t even ironically stan.
24. Smallpools - I used to like Smallpools. I’ve actually heard this whole album and all the good songs from this album have already been sent so um yeah. It might sneak in some points for nostalgia, though.
25. TMW - I’m disgusted.
26. Dua Lipa - I love Dua Lipa. I heard this song when it first came out but I haven’t come back to it since. Yeah it’s just not at the same caliber I’m used to from her. It pains me to say it, but this was pretty meh.
27. Ida Red - Alright I am jamming out to this. It’s simple but effective. Solid.
28. Janelle Monáe - I stan her as an artist and the messages she has. I don’t stan this song as much as I want to. I could see it being a potential grower, however. Ok that outro kind of went off a bit.
29. Whenyoung - Arris you did not need to disrespect the Cranberries the way you did by comparing them to this nauseating song. I did not like anything about this, unfortunately.
30. Takagi & Ketra - Luca, is this you? Yeah this is not my cup of soup whatsoever. It’s trying so hard to appease everybody, ultimately leaving me with meh feelings about it.
31. Penny Mob - I’m just cringing. Everything about this entry just feels so predictable. But hey at least you’ll get points from bibbs so who’s the real winner?
32. SVRCINA x SOLARSUNS - Oh wow this took me a bit by surprise. Wish it went harder in the chorus, but I was feeling the vibes it was giving me. I won’t lie though, I swear at some point I was gonna hear Dua scream out “ONE KISS IS ALL IT TAKES” right in the middle of the song. Reminds me a lot of that for some reason.
1861 days 17 hours ago
ryan5676
01) Mansionair – Um this is different and frankly I’m not liking it from the music being too chaotic and it just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.
02) Years & Years, Mnek – Nope I will gladly pass this with their voices being irritating and the music being very repetitive for my liking.
03) Anjulie – The dark themes are right up my alley and she got a great voice that I can’t enough of, and I love it all except for the chorus but gladly that don’t last long.
04) Tiffany Young – She got a nice voice and all, but this song is as dull as dishwater and the music can get on your nerves rather quickly.
05) Bella Santiago – I’m not a fan of this with the music being very lacklustre and her vocals don’t hold up here and that is a shame.
06) Oliver Heldens – Now this is what you call a bop with electrifying music and wicked vocals that would have me dancing for ages.
07) Bebe Rexha – I like the nice beat which is good, but her vocals are a bit iffy especially during the chorus and doesn’t last for me.
08) Minelli – Bring me more entries like these which have fantastic music and those vocals surely stand out and I won’t mind listening to it again.
09) Margaret – This does bring the tempo and I’m just so into the melody with her voice is so great but it’s not one of her best with the energy lacking.
10) Yam Refaeli – His voice is already a turn off and the music just doesn’t appease me and there is nothing here that has me coming back.
11) Jeanette Akua – It has a good vibe and I’m liking the party atmosphere but not that much on the lyrics, but I do admire the girl’s vocals.
12) Jolin Tsai – Yeah, I’m not alright with the style it is trying to do because it’s not working with the music being too much and too out there.
13) Ben Platt – He has got a marvellous voice and I love every second of it and this is an emotional song and he can sure sell it.
14) Astrid S – The beat is so in your face and I can’t stop my self-listening along to it and she has got that wickedly good vocals and she sounds like a star in the making.
15) Isak Danielson – Well I can see that it doesn’t have any power and it’s just all a borefest with it not going anywhere and I’m not sticking around any longer.
16) CXLOE – The music is a buzzkill like someone on the internet randomly made and the chorus is one of the worst things I have heard so next please.
17) Sam Feldt x Kate Ryan – I think this is trying to be a good and upbeat song, but I felt underwhelmed from their vocals even though the beat was lit.
18) The Aces – This is such good quality and, in the end, do I enjoy it, no and their voices are not good, and the music is very irritating.
19) Sylvie Kreusch – You know what, this is a guilty pleasure with her vocals being incredible and the beat is very catchy, and it pretty much stands out.
20) Aurora – She has the energy and it is nice and all, but I wish there was more in it with the chorus being basic and not my cup of tea.
21) Sundara Karma – The music was not bad, and the vocals were good to an acceptable standard and this is sadly forgettable.
22) Normani – I got no idea what I’m listening to and I really don’t like it one bit from the music to the way she sings.
23) Trisha Paytas – I thought the last one was bad; this song was lightyears worse with the fact she can’t sing, and this song makes me want to die in an instant.
24) Smallpools – This is such an enjoyable song that has a fantastic beat and voices and the full package that I love in an entry.
25) TMW – Um that was a wild experience and it’s all a complete mess with what you call those vocals and I’m begging for it to end.
26) Dua Lipa – She has strong vocals which I appreciate but the rest of the song is too complicated with the music giving me a headache.
27) Ida Red – I’m getting chills hearing this with that edgy pop and it’s an amazing entry that I can’t stop loving it and just keeps giving me so much joy.
28) Janelle Monáe – The music is good and then it starts to drag on and on and now I’m wondering when it would all end.
29) Whenyoung – This is strange and weird and surprisingly up my alley with it being iconic and adore her voice and it has my head nodding throughout so well done.
30) Takagi & Ketra – Um I’m not so into what this song is trying to do with the music not very good and I’m just bored by their talking singing.
31) Penny Mob – That drum beat has got me hooked straight away and his voice is just amazing, and I am now a fan of rock from hearing this.
32) SVRCINA x SOLARSUNS – The different tunes shockingly not work together, and it doesn’t mix well and it’s really embarrassing to just listen to it.
1861 days 14 hours ago
LornaHollas
1.        Mansionair “We Could Leave” – Not very fond of the voice and I found it a bit one note and very forgettable.
2.        Years & Years, Mnek “Valentino” – The first song with Mnek that I’ve liked! Not the best years & years song I’ve heard but it definitely something that I think will grow on me with more listens
3.        Anjulie “Glory” – I’ve heard multiple songs that do what this tried to do but this one fails spectacularly, the beat drop is weak & annoying and the build up to it is pretty dull.
4.        Tiffany Young “Born Again” – She is singing the lines too fast and it makes it sound like a mumbly mess.
5.        Bella Santiago “Army of love” – Not too keen on this I find all the noises a bit of a clash and don’t work for me.
6.        Oliver Heldens “Fire In My Soul” – I feel like this will do well but for me I was over it about half way through and was waiting for it to be over
7.        Bebe Rexha “Last Hurrah” – This is alright, like a lot of her music it’s something you can bop your head to when it’s on but I’ve never gone out of my way to play it out of my own freewill.
8.         Minelli “My Heart” – Really cool song, the beat is really good.
9.        Margaret “Tempo” – Pretty generic sound, nothing outstanding, not bad but just a bit meh.
10.        Yam Refaeli “Shehake'ev Yimtsa Lo Chaverim” – I feel as though this has potential but the vocals at the beginning put me off.
11.        Jeanette Akua “Drunk” – fun upbeat song, really enjoyed this. I want a margarita now!
12.        Jolin Tsai “Womxnly” – The dancing is pretty cool but as for the song itself I found it boring and forgettable.
13.        Ben Platt “Bad Habit” – Oh I recognise him, he was in pitch perfect. This song is yet another miss for me, it’s too long for it’s own good and the vocals are a bit rough.
14.        Astrid S “Someone New” – An alright song, an easy listen
15.        Isak Danielson “Power” – Really enjoy his voice and the whole feel of the song.
16.        CXLOE “I Can't Have Nice Things” – Very background song, nothing grabs my attention with this song and it passes by leaving no impact.
17.        Sam Feldt x Kate Ryan “Gold” – I feel like this needed more, it was lacking something. Kind of disappointed because I was wanting this to deliver but it didn’t ☹
18.        The Aces “Volcanic Love” – With the thumbnail being a reference to “Heathers” I have high expectations, come on Winona! This did not disappoint I loved this from the beginning!
19.        Sylvie Kreusch “Please To Devon” – I really dig this song, it’s so unusual and not like anything else. Loves it.
20.        Aurora “Animal” – Gives me Bjork vibes, not sure why. Really enjoyed this.
21.        Sundara Karma “Flame” – The second half of this contest are providing more songs that I like than the first half, this has a nice vibe to it.
22.        Normani “Waves” – This is very bland and boring, I could feel myself falling asleep. The rap also seemed like he couldn’t be bothered.
23.        Trisha Paytas “Superficial Bitch” – The skinny legend returns due to popular demand here in TSC and this time she is channelling Anna Nicole and teaching us that to succeed in life we need to get a sugar daddy and kill them to get their money. A role model for all <3
24.        Smallpools “Killer Whales” – It started on a strong note but it kind of fizzled away and then became a bit one note and bland.
25.        TMW “Make me your man” – not sure what to make of this tbh
26.        Dua Lipa “Swan Song” – It’s alright, she has better. Not sure if I’d go back to this.
27.        Ida Red “Talk” – Not feeling this, so many songs are like this that this one doesn’t really stand out.
28.        Janelle Monáe “Crazy, Classic Life” – My bf loves her and the whole dirty computer album and plays it all the time (I know he actually has some taste!) I love this song, Janelle makes really good music.
29.        Whenyoung “Never Let Go” – Really digging the 90’s influence on this song, loves it
30.        Takagi & Ketra “L'esercito del selfie” – not really sure what’s going on in this song, dabbing and selfies?
31.        Penny Mob “21st Century Kids” – Didn’t think I was going to like this but I warmed up to it asit went along and it’s commentary on modern life.
32.        SVRCINA x SOLARSUNS “Disco” – Yet another song in this contest that is alright but needed more or to go harder.
1861 days 11 hours ago
Patrick319
01) Mansionair - I'm digging this. I like that it's a bit eclectic in nature since I was expecting a rock song but it's also quite electro-pop at times. It could have been about a minute shorter because the final minute really dragged, but cool opener nonetheless.
02) Years & Years, Mnek - Not the best from either artist but I'm pleased at how well they blend. Both of their voices work so well in this. The song has a nice tropical vibe, so I'm really digging it. I wish they mixed it up more during the chorus but I imagine we've got the first contender on our hands.
03) Anjulie - Very dark and edgy. It's surely a departure from Criminal. Okay, I'll pretend that horrible drop never happened because otherwise, I love this.
04) Tiffany Young - I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I'm pleasantly surprised. Production is totally on point, and the song is very strong. I wish it had more of an identity because I could see this fading in comparison to other songs, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
05) Bella Santiago - I've definitely been overexposed to this, but I'll always consider myself a part of Bella's army of f*gs.
06) Oliver Heldens - The start was pretty uninspiring but the chorus really stepped it up. This is the sixth song in a row that I like so don't bank on points from me lol but I did like this. It was interesting.
07) Bebe Rexha - Not bad, but nowhere near Bebe's best. I appreciate the fact that the chorus has an old school Bebe vibe to it (is it just me?), but the song in general sounds a bit nondescript.
08) Minelli - Oh, I see someone is trying to cash in from the latest ESCT winner. I didn't award this as many points as I would have liked, but that was due to the strength of the final lineup. While this contest is shaping up rather well, this is one of the most complete packages yet. Enjoyed it all over again.
09) Margaret - As much as I enjoyed this in MF, I start to unstan MF songs the moment they start popping up in TSC (says the guy who won with Ace Wilder). It's a bit basic, but a fun bop.
10) Yam Refaeli - My 12-pointer in ESCT. This is completely up my alley. Great voice, fantastic production, and a banging chorus. He reminds me a bit of Mahmood. I hope you see I clearly have a type. You're welcome for the points in advance.
11) Jeanette Akua - I'm already loving Jeanette. She's gorgeous tbh! The chorus passed me by which isn't a great sign. Jeanette clearly has some coin because the production is rather strong. However, I find the song quite nondescript so sadly it's a boot from me.
12) Jolin Tsai - This is a clear departure for her as far as her previous entries are concerned, but I do like it. I wish the chorus was slightly more banging, but it's a pleasant listen on the whole.

*Disclaimer: I'm already at 10 songs I want to vote for so here's to hoping everything from this point onward is shit!*

13) Ben Platt - I like his voice, but the song isn't my thing at all. The verses sound nice, but the song drags in general. I guess my prayers were answered, huh?
14) Astrid S - This is giving me Melodifestivalen vibes. It's very Scandinavian in almost every way possible. I like it in the moment but I can't imagine caring about this even a week from now.
15) Isak Danielson - This is setting up a mood. It didn't erupt into the chorus I was anticipating, but I appreciated the chorus a lot more the second time around. It's really powerful.
16) CXLOE - I like the drop, but this was extremely disappointing compared to her previous entry.
17) Sam Feldt x Kate Ryan - Omg, is that THE Kate Ryan? As in the robbed goddess of Eurovision 2006? I didn't expect to hear from her again, especially on a song like this. Her vocal is very delicate so indeed it works. The song has a great vibe, but I wish it popped off more. I don't think its full potential was reached if you know what I mean.
18) The Aces - I love her voice, but it's the kind of indie song that grows very tiring after a while. It was a pleasant listen, but that's all it really was.
19) Sylvie Kreusch - Immediately gripping. I see absolutely nothing was held back in terms of instrumentation. The song keeps you guessing throughout which I appreciate. The structure is very unconventional. It begins to lose me so I wish it was shorter, but it was definitely an intriguing listen.
20) Aurora - Her and Astrid S have always been very interchangeable for me, so it's funny to see them both appear this week. Regarding the song, I like it. The chorus is easily the strongest part, but the whole thing is quite enjoyable.
21) Sundara Karma - Off topic: I thought that was a woman based on the thumbnail. I like the instruments, especially at the start. Unfortunately the song goes on to take a bit of a nosedive. The chorus saves it a bit, but I wasn't totally feeling this throughout.
22) Normani - I don't think I've liked a single song from any Fifth Harmony member. This hasn't changed anything.
23) Trisha Paytas - I thought we agreed to leave Trisha behind in 2018? Thank you, next.
24) Smallpools - I remember having sent them a few years ago, but I absolutely have not followed them or anything like that. This is very 80s. I don't care for it, sadly.
25) TMW - I didn't think there was a worse song in the Romanian selection than Dear Father, but I guess we've found it.
26) Dua Lipa - Finally something decent. It's a little flat in the verses but the chorus is absolutely killer. If Dua couldn't win with anything off her album then this shouldn't win, but top ten is surely attainable.
27) Ida Red - Is this Ida Redig? (I doubt it :[ ). I like the start but the chorus is rather disappointing. I'm not a fan of those instruments at all.
28) Janelle Monáe - I always say Janelle can DO NO WRONG, but she's actually very hit or miss with me. This isn't as far out there as PYNK, but I still don't particularly like it. Disappointed.
29) Whenyoung - This is okay. It's pretty standard for what it is. The chorus has a nice kick of energy, but it's not enough for me.
30) Takagi & Ketra - I thought this was going to be a horrible throwback, but it's actually quite good. It's vintage but modern at the same time. The chorus feels extremely familiar. Are they sampling another song? Overall, I liked it.
31) Penny Mob - Cute rock song. Don't have much else to say about it.
32) SVRCINA x SOLARSUNS - I thought I was going to like this but I got bored rather quickly. It's not disco enough for me to be into!
1861 days 10 hours ago
adeleadele
Comments Part 1-
01) Mansionair- Hmm i found it boring at the start, but it grew on me as it went on... weirdly since it basically stayed the same the whole time. It's not bad, but i think i would like it if it was more dynamic
02) Years & Years, Mnek- I dislike both of there music eek. I just don't like Years & Years vocals at all, MNEK is fine though. Something about the song turns me off A LOT, i just really dislike this sorry.
03) Anjulie- I for some reason really like this entry, not the kind of song i usually like but i really liked the pre chorus! The drop was a bit basic but still a good song!
04) Tiffany Young- Korean queen? Its a good song, but i was not THAT into it. I think it would do really well in the contest, but with 31 songs im ranking idk if it would get points ;/
05) Bella Santiago- Stop submitting my fav nf songs, such a damn robbed bop! We stan a iconic queen <3
06) Oliver Heldens- I like it, but i also don't. The chorus is just dissapointing af, the verses are good though! Decent entry, but meh
07) Bebe Rexha- "Last Hurrah" who says that LOL! It could be good except the cringy lyrics, its ok.
08) Minelli- Someone trying to WIN! Sadly ESCT winners to tsc don't usually do good, top 5 sure winner usually not. *as it wins*. Honestly its a nice solid pop song and i do like it! Wish it went somewhere in the 2nd half though!
09) Margaret- Habibi not being sent but THIS? K.  Ok i actually like this though :P Idk how this did not make AC. Its generic sure, but it keeps me interested as it switches things up throughout. good song!
10) Yam Refaeli- Another ESCT Song? Tbh i love his voice and he is so hot (maybe why i like this a lot) Good job at getting a male sung song i really like <3 Gave it 8 points i believe in ESCT how many will it get here :0
11) Jeanette Akua- Lyrics are silly, but really fun and so is the song :p Sure its cheap and u can really tell in the chorus but i honestly love this eeks im so trashy lol! Shes a queen too <3 Love this!
12) Jolin Tsai- Not too many solo k pop songs out there :P (at least sent in tsc anyways), This was a pleasent upbeat song which is not common i usually find generic upbeat boring, but this kept my attention and i really enjoyed this song! Great soft vocals too!
13) Ben Platt- It was ok. Very very basic ballad. i mean if this was sung by a female douze point tbh but its not, just some random guy that is basic and not good. I like the song though, just not him.
14) Astrid S- Hmm was thinking meh generic, but the chorus kind of brought something different? Kind of is a big kind of like its still generic but still tries something new. Not sure if i like what its serving i only score the songs based on first listen so maybe i would like this on a second or third listen, but as of now its ok!
15) Isak Danielson- A male ballad like #13 but with more "Power" oops i had too. Interesting vocals, and although its a male vocalist i like it. This is how u do a good ballad! Good overall song!
16) CXLOE- I sent her before i think :p I was really liking the song, but then the chorus :( so underwhelming i was actually kind of angry cuz of how great it could of been. I really love the verses, but the chorus? no thanks. Almost like 2 completely different songs.
1861 days 3 hours ago
Alexeh23
01) Mansionair • I thought this was gonna be a bit more interesting than it actually was, but it really just plodded along and didn’t do much. This really dragged, a lacklustre start.
02) Years & Years, Mnek • This is the kind of thing that’ll inevitably grow on me with repeated listens but for now it’s not doing much for me. MNEK makes it better.
03) Anjulie • The verses are going OFF, please don’t let me down chorus… oh what the hell is that. A shame, it was going so well. Still really like the verses, but it went downhill from there.
04) Tiffany Young • This was a bit strange, it happened. Felt like it should’ve had more of a moment, but the production’s not quite there. Monotonous.
05) Bella Santiago • Ugh, I forgot this is the part of the year where we get all the Eurovision rejects...I don't like that part of the year. Ridiculously similar to Fuego, but nowhere near as good.
06) Oliver Heldens • Oh this is goood. Love the bass in the drop in particular. Her voice is really good too, like this a lot.
07) Bebe Rexha • She’s very good at being very okay. I love her voice, but the song is pretty nothingy.
08) Minelli • The chorus is definitely the best bit about this, although it gets a bit tiresome by the end.  Surprised someone had the nerve to send this after the VIOLINA scandal but I’m not mad at it, it’s good.
09) Margaret • Exactly what I was expecting from Margaret + Melfest. As far as trash bops go, this is pretty dire.
10) Yam Refaeli • The verses drag a little, but all is forgiven by the time the chorus comes along because that is GOOD. Yeah I like this.
11) Jeanette Akua • Lmao this is so bad I have to stan. I hate that I’m really loving this.
12) Jolin Tsai • Really like the message behind this, and there are parts of it I really like, but it didn’t completely come together for me. The chorus lets it down.
13) Ben Platt • It takes a lot for me to hate a powerful piano-led ballad like this but congratulations Ben Platt you’ve done it.
14) Astrid S • She’s really MOR, pretty much all of her songs are NEARLY there but not quite, and this is a good example of that. Decent build-up ruined by a flat chorus.
15) Isak Danielson • I really like his voice, but for a song called Power this was kinda lacking in it. A decent listen, but I was left a bit underwhelmed.
16) CXLOE • This completely passed me by, don’t have much of an opinion on it. Uninspiring.
17) Sam Feldt x Kate Ryan • I’d be disappointed by that nothingy drop if the rest of the song had given me any expectation but this was pretty bad all the way through.
18) The Aces • The chorus is a little flat but I’m into this. It’s solid.
19) Sylvie Kreusch • I’m all for a good trainwreck and something different but this bored the life out of me.
20) Aurora • She’s really hit or miss with me although her last entry was stunning. This is good as well, progresses really nicely.
21) Sundara Karma • I’m really liking the instrumentation on this. Was waiting for the thing that would put me off this but it never came, actually liked it a lot.
22) Normani • I was REALLY into the verses, but the chorus was a bit of a letdown in comparison. Enjoyed this more than I thought I would though.
23) Trisha Paytas • I wasn’t expecting actual production on this… I actually enjoyed this in places lol but as a whole I was confused. Got a bit tiresome by the end.
24) Smallpools • This didn’t really offer anything I haven’t heard better 300 times before. It’s fine, but I didn’t really care for it.
25) TMW • The best thing about the woeful ESC rejects that turn up here is that they’re all only three minutes long. An excruciating three minutes, but it’s over now.
26) Dua Lipa • Has its moments but this is probably my least favourite Dua song. It’s a bit flat.
27) Ida Red • I have no idea how to rank this week because 90% of it is just okay… bleh… it’s fine… w/e
28) Janelle Monáe • I wanted to like this because it’s Janelle and she’s an angel but I couldn’t really get into it. Pleasant background listening, the outro is the best bit, but I wouldn’t come back to it.
29) Whenyoung • I have to be in a certain mood to enjoy this kind of thing and after 28 songs I’m just not feeling it. The chorus is pretty good, but I’m not really a fan of the vocal and the song as a whole drags.
30) Takagi & Ketra • I’ve missed these heap of shite Italian entries in TSC <3 Seriously what the hell is this.
31) Penny Mob • There’s so much actual good rock out there (read: Sundara Karma) and you inflict this on us instead? I’m mad.
32) SVRCINA x SOLARSUNS • This kinda bopped, I wasn’t in love with it but I enjoyed it, probably more than I should’ve. A good closer.
1860 days 20 hours ago
ricktworick1
1. Mansionair - Not much to say except for the fact that this really didn't leave any impact on me.
2. Years & Years, MNEK - Both of them are known for having consistently good songs, so what the fuck happened that they released this completely basic tune that is not even half as good as their typical stuff?
3. Anjulie - This drop feels like a complete insult considering it was building up so well. Blah.
4. Tiffany Young - Ever since she left Girls' Generation, she has been on a massive downwards trajectory in terms of the music she has been putting out, and while this is better than "Over My Skin," this is still some budget Sia-esque pop that really lacks the punch to push it over the line.
5. Bella Santiago - This is pretty much "Fuego" with a more lounge drop rather than going full on ethno. Decent choice.
6. Oliver Heldens - This is how a good beat drop works, Anjulie. It's not the best EDM work ever, but it's quite good anyway.
7. Bebe Rexha - Bebe being Bebe so basically being good at being ok and nothing more.
8. Minelli - Decent song, but I don't see myself remembering it in the long term. Pretty sure this will still score some points from me, considering what other crap is to come.
9. Margaret - Completely shits over "In My Cabana." Very competent, but fun at the same time.
10. Yam Refaeli - Pretty solid song, his voice takes a bit to get used to - other than there isn't much I can fault on.
11. Jeanette Akua - She seems so unaware of how bad her song is it's kinda hilarious. Sigrid Bernson really has competition in the ironic bop category.
12. Jolin Tsai - Unfortunately, I feel like she's done much better stuff than this rather average effort.
13. Ben Platt - Bad Habit is to release music like this. Absolutely horrendous.
14. Astrid S - She's this kind of an artist that really doesn't take risks, and this song shows that. Not really into this.
15. Isak Danielson - Song itself reminds me of Rag'n'Bone Man which is definitely a good thing. Solid pick.
16. CXLOE - It's pretty much like many other pop songs on the charts these days, lacking anything to really push it over the line.
17. Sam Feldt x Kate Ryan - As uninspiring as I expected this dance song to be. At least I didn't have much hope with this beforehand.
18. The Aces - Indie artists "The Aces" prove that they can be as boring as most of the pop artists in this contest!
19. Sylvie Kreusch - She somehow managed to create something different and upbeat, yet really monotonous and boring at the same time. I guess that's some sort of an achievement.
20. AURORA - After a poor run of songs, this just feels like it's head and shoulders above the competition. Easily one of my favourite songs by AURORA and also in this contest, this chorus SNAPS.
21. Sundara Karma - Not usually my cup of tea, but this is actually executed quite well, a bit The 1975-esque. Pretty good!
22. Normani - There's nothing remarkable about this I'm afraid. Not for me.
23. Trisha Paytas - It's quite scary that this is nowhere near as bad as some of the songs in this contest, although there's no threat of this receiving any points from me. I hope.
24. Smallpools - I have heard this sort of indie rock so many times now, and it's been done better in the past.
25. TMW - Why would you send something that was clearly forgotten during the Romanian NF thinking that TSC won't forget about this after this contest?
26. Dua Lipa - Damn, she has really gone down in terms of the quality of her musical input. This isn't bad by any means, but I am just largely disappointed with her current stuff.
27. Ida Red - It's slightly better than some of the other pop songs that have been entered this week.
28. Janelle Monae - I usually really enjoy her music, but this was just too album-filler for its own good. Surprised that she made it a single.
29. Whenyoung - Has some sort of a 90s rock sound to it. It's an alright listen.
30. Takagi & Ketra - Tries for that throwback retro sound that kind of reminds me of Marvin Gaye's stuff, but the songwriting really isn't there.
31. Penny Mob - Completely turned off by this. There are so many better rock songs around, yet this is what we get?
32. SVRCINA x SOLARSUNS - Decent closer to this long and rather weak contest.
1860 days 16 hours ago
bibbles
01) Mansionair – someone has to come last!!
02) Years & Years, Mnek – I don’t mind years and years, but I didn’t really enjoy this one.
03) Anjulie – is this a film trailer? This is quite boring, one note, don’t like it!
04) Tiffany Young – she sounds bored! Its very samey!!
05) Bella Santiago – its all starting to blur into one! Don’t like that rapping thing!  Its okay!
06) Oliver Heldens – thought it was going to be a male singer!! Why does the dj producer person get their name first, when the singer is doing most of the work!! He just presses a few buttons on his computer!!
07) Bebe Rexha – are all these songs from an album, they all sound the same. And to think song number 1 will come last!! (my doctor said my ovaries were having a last hurrah!! Too much information?)
08) Minelli – its….. okay!!
09) Margaret – this sounds soooo familiar!!
10) Yam Refaeli – I quite like this, the chorus is good, or is it because its different from the other 8 songs!!
11) Jeanette Akua – that dragged!
12) Jolin Tsai – that was quite nice!
13) Ben Platt – its okay, its different from some of the songs ive heard so far!! Its growing on me!
14) Astrid S – that must have been an ad break cos we are back to normal now!!
15) Isak Danielson – its okay, didn’t really go anywhere!
16) CXLOE – that was dreary and whispery!
17) Sam Feldt x Kate Ryan – the tune was better than the singing.
18) The Aces – the tune was good, the vocals were okay.
19) Sylvie Kreusch – that was like 4 different songs playing over each other!!
20) Aurora – this was samey and squeaky!
21) Sundara Karma – this reminded me of two door, it was okay.
22) Normani -  this is very off beat and shes nasally, luckily she swore!
23) Trisha Paytas – that was awful! Hope song number one gets above this!!
24) Smallpools – a bit off beat, but I quite liked it!
25) TMW –that was different!
26) Dua Lipa – I feel like ive heard everything dua lipa has ever done!
27) Ida Red – is this still dua lipa?
28) Janelle Monáe – that was a bit like wallpaper! Its sooo long! Still at least its an expanded noun phrase!!
29) Whenyoung – it’s a bit slow, it’s a bit stilted!
30) Takagi & Ketra – whats happening? Have I pressed the wrong button? Oh here it is! That was odd!
31) Penny Mob – the singer is an actor in two doors down!! I quite liked it!!
32) SVRCINA x SOLARSUNS –that was annoying on the ears!!

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!