This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 310 Final

Topic » TSC 310 Final

2143 days 2 hours ago
onemanarmy
01) CuckooLander - Mercury - The song itself I like, it has the right sound and style to end up on my playlist but I'm not in love with her voice. Her voice mind you isn't awful or annoying but it just isn't for me and I don't really have an explanation to why.

02) King Princess - Talia - Love her voice, the sound and style is in my wheelhouse too so 2 thumbs up from me.

03) Years and Years - Sanctify - Everyone of their singles make my player so….. This chorus though sounds so familiar, spent an hour trying to find the song it sounds like and gave up….lol.

04) Cupcakke - Crayons - This wasn't bad, first song I ever heard of hers the video made me vomit but guess she got tired of just being a gimmick.

05) Mars Argo - Using You - This song would work better with the chick from the cardigans singing it, not sold on her voice but liked the sound and style.

06) Florence + The Machine - Hunger - Don't have any of her stuff on my player thus she always falls short of selling me on her music, this one no different, It's fine come Syle and sound but I'm just not a big fan of her voice.
2142 days 22 hours ago
Arris
First bunch, the rest is coming later !!!

1) Song might be benefitting from being an opener because it's really fitting that narrative. I feel like it has a nice melody and the vocalist is obviously quite talented. Overall, it's okay but I feel like it just doesn't really go anywhere sonically. I was waiting for that build up but it just didn't happen.

2) Much better proposition than the previous one. I don't know the vocalist but she has a really cute vocal tone, which makes it enjoyable and easy to listen. The melody is quite simple but effective it just works.

3) I do like the band. Some of their songs are really doing it for me but unfortunately this one doesn't. Comparing to their previous work it's just quite bland on a first listen? I don't know it might grow on me with the time but who knows? The production is good as usual, but it's just not enough. I also feel like their vocals are louder than the beat and they do not have best vocals, so it just isn't perfect combination.

4) Aw Cupcakke xD I'm not a huge fan of hers but girl really knows how to rap. It's good! She clearly feels it, I feel it. The lyrics are good as usual, the chorus is catchy and her delivery is just amazing. I like the fact that she's real as an artist and I buy what she sells.

5) WHAT DID I JUST HEAR? It's a no from me. I do not particularly enjoy campiness and it's just campy af.  Her voice to me is just annoying and the fact that it's quite melodical is completely irrelevant because her vocals are just destroying it. If I had to listen to this artist for longer than 3 minutes my ears would honestly bleed out.

6) God this woman is AMAZING. I may not listen to her music in particular but she's just a real talent. Her voice is just as fantastic as always. The melody is quite beautiful but it's all about her vocals she's just selling this track. It's instantly one of my favorite songs by her. Congrats on this entry whoever chose it! I think we have a winner ;)
2142 days 22 hours ago
Eoin
01) CuckooLander - TOOT - I can't really dislike this, I loved the voice and the song although didn't wow me was still fine! Strong start! :)

02) King Princess - BOOT - Knew it was only a matter of time before she got entered, I personally find her voice to be good but her songs are far too boring and this one is no different.

03) Years and Years - TOOT - Oooooooh I like this, I actually considered entering this, the vocals are on point and well this song sanctify's my needs, i'm personally happy its not the video because it's too stop and starty.

04) Cupcakke - BOOT - Just like rock, this is not my kind of music, it sounds like ear cancer.

05) Mars Argo - BOOT - I found this so annoying, like it hurt me, the vocals were just terrible and the song was so unoriginal.

06) Florence + The Machine - TOOT - Okay this was also on my list, however, it just isn't near Florence's best but her vocals always carry the song and the song still isn't bad at all.

07) Zak Abel - BOOT - I just was never going to like this based on the song name and his vocals seem too extra all the time, it just did not click with me.

08) Walk the Moon - TOOT - I think this song is a bit of a grower, so I do find it's odd to be entered, however, I do like it but it didn't instantly hook me.

09) Charlotte - TOOT - I found something beautiful about this, maybe it's the French language and her soft vocals but even though I was slightly underwhelmed by the chorus, I still saw this to be stunning.

10) Era Istrefi - BOOT - This is just so average and I don't find anything about it to really like or dislike. It's so middle of the road.

11) Lady Leshurr - TOOT - LOL QUEEN, this low-key slayed me, I know it's trash but sometimes i love trash.

12) Sayuri - BOOT - It's not for me hun, sorry.

13) Serebro - BOOT - HOT GARBAGE is the best way to describe this, like it's a massive cheese ball of garbage, terrible music.

14) Vera Blue - BOOT - Oh wow, a song that so clearly tries to be different until its just a mixed bag of nothingness.

15) IGIT - TOOT - I liked this, i always try and support non-garbage foreign language songs, so this wasn't outstanding but I still quite liked it.

16) Bleachers - TOOT - Another song that's been on my backup for some time, so i would like to see it doing well. It's a happy fun song but I feel like this won't do that well :(

17) SVE - BOOT - This picture had the material to be painted well but ultimately it was a messy mess.

18) Aurora - BOOT - A little too much shrieking and weirdness for me, I wanted this to be sweet and beautiful but no it overplayed the high notes a little too much.

19) Grace Carter - TOOT - I always love a strong soulful voice like this, the song wasn't the best but the vocals saves it a bit!

20) Sam Tinnesz - TOOT - I loved this, like it slayed me, the song was just an experience for me, i love massive production songs like this!

21) Tim McGraw & Faith Hill - BOOT - COUNTRY? IN TSC? BITCH PLEASE.

22) Shinedown - BOOT - Sorry bibbles, I'm not feeling this one :(

23) Darin - BOOT - My least favourite of the foreign language entries, on any other week this would get points or a toot but it really is third in terms of the FL songs so na can't toot sorry.
2142 days 22 hours ago
Eoin
So i was relistening to the songs again, did anyone else notice that Sam Tinnesz is the same beat as Demi Lovato Confident or is that JustMeSue
2142 days 18 hours ago
Arris
7) This was quite nice. Definitely not what I expected. I thought that the melody and production were fine, that beat was sorta cool. However, it is quite generic and doesn't bring anything new to the table but it's not a bad thing. It's a good submission, not great. Also his vocals make up for this being generic.

8) It kinda sounds like a Imagine Dragons track but it's a yes from me overall. I liked it for what it was and how catchy and easy to listen this was but they should try to be their own artists not ID 2.0. Walk the Moon has been a huge dissapoitment to me ever since Shut Up and Dance. Kamikaze is fine and enjoyable but yea it just not very good. There isn't a WOW factor to it.

9) I really enjoyed this one. She has a very sweet and lovely voice, fits the overall mood and vibe of this track. Wish I understood the lyrics, so I had a better content of what this track is lyrically about but sonically and melodically speaking this is a good track. Sooo.. to summerise it's a minimalism at its best. She knows how to use her voice. Also the melody progression towards the end was really nice.

10) I can already imagine this being played somewhere in the club. It's fun! And I like fun, pop music so that's definitely a compliment. Her vocals are decently produced and the beat is quite addicitive and effective. It again isn't anything extraoridinary nor unique, but who says it has to be? I like this for what it is, which is an entertaining track.

11) OMG wtf? It's a pure TRASH. In a rap music I pay attention to lyrics, I think that they are most important aspect of this music genre and then I pay attention to the flow. As for this song... it's awful! She sings about cringy things, her delivery is very playful but I just don't know if it's in a good or bad way.. I just can't focus on it, it's just so cringy. Yikes... I just feel like I lost some brain cells while watching the video and listening to her mumble, I'll just leave it at that.

12) Shiiit another entry I can't quite stomach. Those 'vocals' sounds like chipmunks ate bunch of helium baloons and then just SCREAMED like there was no tomorrow. Thanks to this track I'll rate the rest later because I just need to breathe some fresh air for a while. I'm done for now! Just God awful, even worse then entry number 11. So brb yall!
2142 days 18 hours ago
Arris
Also no shit but entry number 12 might actually be competing for the title of the worst track I have ever heard in my life.
2142 days 16 hours ago
ricktworick1
1. CuckooLander - Not setting the world on fire, but this is a good way to open this TSC. A really solid track overall.
2. King Princess - This is not bad by any means, but the tune leaves no impact on me. Pretty forgettable.
3. Years & Years - The radio here plays this song quite a lot, but it has not exactly affected my perception of the tune, which is pretty damn decent. I prefer the Alma remix, but I am still happy this was entered.
4. CupcakKe - I love that she's an actual LGBT ally, we love a gay icon. Pity the songwriting for this LGBT-themed song is not there.
5. Mars Argo - I am so glad that she was discontinued for Poppy, because at least the latter has some pretty decent music. This is just so twee and camp to the point that it's hellish to listen to.
6. Florence + The Machine - Her discography has always been on the better side, and this is no exception. Nothing groundbreaking, but it's pretty good.
7. Zak Abel - Well. time to remove this from my waiting list. Very groovy and kind of more standout-ish in comparison to his other stuff. Solid stuff.
8. Walk The Moon - More rocky than their overall discography, but it does leave an impact on you. Good entry.
9. Charlotte - Another nice listen, can't say anything negative about it really.
10. Era Istrefi - I mean it's not bad, but it was always going to be compared to BonBon, a much superior song. Can't say I would listen to this entry again.
11. Lady Leshurr - While this kind of music is totally not for me, I can't deny that she sounds different. Some of the bars are absolutely horrendous, but I can't say I disliked this.
12. Sayuri - I guess someone has to finish last.
13. Serebro - It's as if they decided to rewrite "Mama Lover" in a way that they changed almost nothing in it. Not bad, but I can't help but feel it's the inferior version of that song.
14. Vera Blue - It builds and builds to...nothing. Pretty disappointed, especially when I know she's got better music than this.
15. IGIT - It's pretty solid, if not a bit unspectacular. Decent entry.
16. Bleachers - It was aiming to be cheerful, but it ended up as background music.
17. SVE - When it started I thought it was going to deliver more than it ultimately did. Pretty mediocre, I'm afraid.
18. AURORA - I feel like her releases are usually quirky, but effective, and surprisingly I can't say the same about this. It is quite different to other entries, but I just cannot seem to get into this entry.
19. Grace Carter - It's quite pretty, could have been pushed further. Her soulful voice sort of elevates this song to a higher level, it's nice.
20. Sam Tinnesz - The beat is extremely similar to that Demi song, but I must say it is pretty effective. This contest needed this punchy entry, because the majority of the songs this week are more or less solid in an unspectacular fashion.
21. Tim McGraw & Faith Hill - This was quite boring. What a contrast to the previous song.
22. Shinedown - They release this sort of music that is not my cup of tea at all, but I found it pretty good overall. This may do better than expected.
23. Darin - I mean it's not a sound that I have not heard before, but it is a nice listen. Not a bad way to finish this contest.
2142 days 11 hours ago
DallasAndrew
01) CuckooLander - 'Mercury' I like a lot of elements in this, maybe the chorus is a little 'stopped', but overall a quite great song.
02) King Princess  - 'Talia' The beginning made me curious, I waited for it, but what came in was quite dissapointing. It goes very banal and uninspired.
03) Years and Years  - 'Sanctify' I have no idea where do I know this from. It has some interesting elements in it, but it sounds like it was not completed, it lacks some continuity in parts. Something from it reminded me of MJ, I guess it was some inspiration used.
04) Cupcakke - 'Crayons' Sorry, but last Saturday was enough for me. DISTUGSTING!
05) Mars Argo - 'Using You' I might be subjective, but I've enjoyed absolutely everything of it. Very dated, still very enjoyable. I think it had some 2-3 former hits as inspiration, but it doesn't matter.
06) Florence + The Machine - 'Hunger' The weakest I've ever heard from them. Excepting some parts of the instrumental, I've liked nothing.
07) Zak Abel - 'Love Song' Well, not everybody is suited for this style. His voice is not for this kind of music at all, it's too strong, too rough.
08) Walk the Moon - 'Kamikaze' I don't know how this will do in this contest, it could do great, but it could just flop as they are trying to combine too many things here. A little less commercial and I could love it, but still I would lie if I'd say I didn't like it. Catchy and an attractive voice.
09) Charlotte - 'Fuis' Excepting the language, absolutely nothin remarkable in this song. Also her expressivity in the video is quite weird and creepy, not suited for the music.
10) Era Istrefi - 'Origami (feat. DJ Maphorisa)' Very original, what can I say... Nice voice, the only positive thing I could get from it.
11) Lady Leshurr - 'Queen's Speech Ep. 5' Nice try, goodbye!
12) Sayuri - 'Anonymous' This is certainly a style, but I doubt I should appreciate it more than for what it is. Anyway, first song in a couple that didn't bore me. I can't really stand her voice.
13) Serebro - 'Gun' Always a pleasure to watch their videos. As usually, I prefer to do this on mute option, it's true. Some parts from the track were from 'Mama Luba'.
14) Vera Blue - 'Lady Powers (feat. Kodie Shane)' Even from the title it was already too much for me, as I've said earlier, last Saturday was enough for me. And what came after was worse.
15) IGIT - 'Joie' I won't spoil too much so I will just say it is the best from the 2 French songs.
16) Bleachers - 'Wild Heart' More of an hymn. I've totally enjoyed the rythm, too bad the volume was so bad. Didn't exactly enjoy the electronic part from the instrumental.
17) SVE  - 'Paint a Picture' At this moment I expect this to win the contest. It might be catchy, but also quite cheap. But it's efficient for human ears.
18) Aurora - 'Queendom' 'Tell me Norwegian girl', like a classic old band would say... She is quite charmful, but this song gave me absolutely no feeling.
19) Grace Carter - 'Saving Grace' Nice voice, nice interpretation, it was good as a package. But the music didn't say too much to me. It will do good.
20) Sam Tinnesz - 'Wolves (feat. Silverburg)' As for song number 8, it is too commercial for me, still enjoyable. However, it could be put in a shadow by song number 8, so I could judge it totally different than if that song wouldn't have been in the contest.
21) Tim McGraw & Faith Hill - 'Speak to a Girl' Beautiful song, great voices and the chemistry between them is also just great.
22) Shinedown - 'The Human Radio' Great band, expected more from them. Not bad, just not impressed.
23) Darin - 'Tvillingen' I really like the language. The song is pleasant, but not so remarkable between the others.
2142 days 9 hours ago
PrincessTeePee
Cupcakke and eraistrefi in the same contest, r u joking?!

CuckooLander ~ She has a very pure vocal, but it doesn't seem that strong in this song? Still, I did quite enjoy the rhythm of this as a whole. A bit repetitive, but overall pleasant.
King Princess ~ I love what it builds up to, not so much the verses. Its not setting me alight but its different enough for me to remember afterwards [in a good way!]
Years ad Years ~ Verrrrr surprised this is eligible, or I'd have sent it - I assumed it was well out. Love it and love them. Amazing chorus. I feel like they really miss out on the recognition they arguably deserve. Anyways, good send! Hmph.
CupcakKe ~ Please, please stop entering this shit. Stop, stop, S T O P. [the beat is ok, its wasted here.]
Mars Argo ~ This was a choice. Truthfully, the vocal is what is stopping me from what could be mild enjoyment of a 60s-sounding beat. I don't like this, and its hurting my ears. Issa no.
Florence and the Machine ~ She is vocally incredible, but for whatever reason, I'm rarely able to connect with her songs. This one just passed me by, if I'm honest. The type of song that'd get my 1 in a milder contest.
Zak Abel ~ Oooh, definitely one of the best so far. Highly digging the beat. Not the most
original sounding song ever, but certainly something I'd listen to again, good choice.
Walk The Moon ~ Its been 10 contests since One Foot? How fast six months flies :P It has a similar intro to that [god fucking awful] Stitches song, so I was initially scared...needn't be. This was rather class, as are they. Not my entry wish it was!
Charlotte ~ This is pretty decent actually, enjoyed the more chilled sound. Someone wanted language week to stretch further, hmm? I like the synth. To  the surprise of very few probably.
Era Istrefi ~ The way she sings is very strange. The chorus-y parts were actually quite good, but the package as a whole was mostly messy. It was definitely better than Bonbon [most songs are], but still not REALLY my thing.
Lady Leshurr ~ I'm sorry, what?!? It gave me a giggle, but its not really for me overall.
Sayuri ~ Dear God, at this rate Era will be getting my points...make it stop.
Serebro ~ I was ready to bash this one too, but the chorus did somewhat salvage the dirge. Still, not amazing by any standards, better quality verses needed!
Vera Blue ~ Certainly better than the last few. Not much of a climax after the buildup, but whatever, the buildup itself was pretty good, so I'll take it. Pretty decent.
IGIT ~ Another who wanted more languages for their money! I'll level with you though, this was solid as hell, completely held my attention. Gave me Stromae vibes, which is always fine. Fantastic entry, whoever.
Bleachers ~ The production team in this were definitely a bit too effects-happy, so parts of it were messier than they perhaps should have been - particularly towards the end of the second goddamn verse. That aside, I really enjoyed this song, it gave a very sweet message.  We probably need a more stripped back version.
SVE ~ A good song but a litttle generic if I'm honest. The chorus and overall instrumentals are feckin catchy though, its likely to swizz points off me.
Aurora ~ Issa bit middle of the road. Can't say much bad about it, its listenable, but its just not blowing me away either.
Grace Carter ~ Definitely enjoyed this one more than I expected to. Lovely instrumentation, and her vocal was certainly good enough to carry them off. Really liked the chorus. Pleasantly surprised, I expected more of a ballady ballad.
Sam Tinnesz ~ I hope this is Bibbles' song - as its fckin solid! A nice change in direction. His voice and the instrumentals worked really well together.
Tim McGraw ~ I know people will love this...but it isn't for me. A bit bland and sappy. Tim's voice is sex, though
Shinedown ~ ...Nah this is Bibs! It was ok, got a bit bored after a while.
Darin ~ I feel like I've heard this one before? Rather good, very summery. Una coctel, porfavor?
2141 days 23 hours ago
Arris
13) This sorta sounds like a Polish disco polo, sonically speaking and it's not a compliment I'm afraid. To me this song is just messy and sounds like a commercial. Listening to it in full is sort of um...  brave? I mean judging by just a previous entry this isn't the worst song in the contest obviously, but it's still pretty bad.

14) I have a little bit mixed feelings about this one. There is SOMETHING going on here that grabs your attention, especially in chorus. When I started listening this track, I didn't like it but as it progressed I ended up actually liking it. I also liked the feature it fits the song quite well and adds a different layer to it, which is a nice addition. The song has also really niche and cool at the same time vibe. Overall, it's a good entry imo I doubt I'll forget it when I listen to the rest, and it's a really good indication.

15) I strangely like it, despite obviously not understanding the lyrics. Melody is probably its strongest aspect - let's just say it's quite catchy. Vocally it isn't really inspiring, I'd even say it's quite basic but generally I'm ending up quite liking this entry for whatever reason. Hey, it's different! And that is definitely a good thing. I'm just not sure if I will remember this one enough when it comes to ranking but who knows.

16) Oh wow I like it! This one has a really simple but at the same time beautiful melody line and it just works. The vocals are also on point and lyrically speaking it is also very captivating. There is literally nothing bad I can say about this one. I will definitely remember Wild Heart ;)

17) This one is fine. Doesn't really go anywhere sonically but does it have to? I see it as a fun pop track and it's  just that. Vocally, it's fine and the girl singing it clearly has fun so yeah. Overall, not great but fun enough. I just don't think that it brings anything interesting or unique to the table.

18) I've been hearing quite a lot about this Aurora girl recently. Well she has interesting voal tone. I like this entry, it's quite refreshing and has a pretty cool melody. Also there is a strong indie vibe going on here and it just works for me. Nice entry :)
2141 days 14 hours ago
ricktworick1
14) Vera Blue - 'Lady Powers (feat. Kodie Shane)' Even from the title it was already too much for me

????????

what's so bad about this song title
2141 days 14 hours ago
onemanarmy
lol... I hadn't got to that song yet but sure sounds dumb, maybe once I hear the song it'll make sense but on title along I would assume the song sucks.
2141 days 13 hours ago
Arris
19) Nice track. Her singing style is on point, the melody is fine. Now it doesn't break any barriers either, but it's a very nice listen and so easy for ears. From me it's definitely a yes.

20) Not really my music style, but I can't say it's bad. It has some nice melody and catchy chorus. It's just a little boring to me and I highly doubt I will remember this entry when it comes to ranking.

21) Now this one was the one I was waiting for the most. Two legends of country in one track and yes they deliver. Love me some country music sometimes mwahhaa Now to be more objective it's not really a great song, especially considering the involved talent but it's still a fine song. Their vocals match together and create something quite nice, but again I expected WAY more from this duo. It simply lacks that WOW factor, but I like the message behind it.

22) This track is quite standardish for its genre I guess but the chorus is catchy, so I kinda strangely like it. However, I'm just not a huge fan of this genre so I doubt I will give it any points but still okayish entry.

23) The closing track is probably the closest thing to the real Eurovisia, it just sounds like something we would hear there. It's fun, energetic and catchy.
2141 days 1 hour ago
DallasAndrew
The song is ok Rick, I am just still under the influence of Eurovision's winner so when I see expressions like that I am a little repulsive.
2140 days 23 hours ago
Alexeh23
01) CuckooLander - This is a really solid start, the chorus took me by surprise a bit but I like this a lot.
02) King Princess - Bleh, nothing hugely wrong with this but it didn't really do anything for me. Not a fan of her voice and the song as a whole is pretty forgettable.
03) Years and Years - Not a fan of Years and Years at all. This is one of their better songs, quite like the mysterious element to this, the chorus is nice.
04) CupcakKe - ICON. The verses are better than the chorus which is a bit of a letdown by her standards but fun!
05) Mars Argo - Aw this is really cute, wasn't sure on it at first but it grew on me, really like this.
06) Florence + The Machine - LOVE Florence so my expectations for her are always pretty high. Her voice is so good. The song is the kind of thing that in a year I'll probably really appreciate. I'm not quite there yet, but it's still good.
07) Zak Abel - He's always been a bit meh for me, this is... different? Not really feeling it but I don't dislike it.
08) Walk the Moon - This was almost REALLY good but I felt the chorus lacked the punch to really elevate. Solid, a pleasant surprise.
09) Charlotte - Very Christine + the Queens which is absolutely not a bad thing. Best French language entry in quite some time, interpret that however you want.
10) Era Istrefi - Hate Bonbon, this actually has a melody I guess so it's better than THAT... still not a fan.
11) Lady Leshurr - Started off really promising but derailed fairly quickly. Has its good moments but also has its really bad moments. Undecided.
12) Sayuri - I can appreciate/tolerate this kind of vocal when the instrumental... drowns it out a little? But this absolutely does not. Cute I guess, but I can't really give it much more praise.
13) Serebro - Messy verses saved by a chorus that goes OFF. Dated trash, but I enjoyed it anyway.
14) Vera Blue - She has much better than this, but this is still pretty enjoyable. Feels a bit disjointed, maybe a grower.
15) IGIT - Disappointed it's not the prophetic Lisboa-Jerusalem. Not really a fan of this kind of take on EDM.
16) Bleachers - Wow that vocal is so quiet. Maybe it's for the best. The song's... decent, but forgettable.
17) SVE - I forgot to turn my volume down after listening to Bleachers and was greeted by an UNHOLY surprise from those beats. Great verses, the chorus was a bit of a letdown but this was good.
18) Aurora - This should be the kind of thing I like but something irritates me greatly about Aurora. I haven't quite clocked what it is. The repetitive chorus here doesn't help.
19) Grace Carter - Great voice, but I prefer her last entry by far. This kinda lacks the punch to make it really good, still pleasant though.
20) Sam Tinnesz - Oh yes this is definitely Demi, cool. Love the whole vibe to this, lyrically it's a bit generic, but I'm liking it a lot.
21) Tim McGraw & Faith Hill - I admire anyone who has the bravery/audacity to submit country. Personally, I'm more of a fan of country than I care to admit, but this was just dull.
22) Shinedown - Fine, but didn't like his voice which can make or break a song like this.
23) Darin - Good for what it is, but it's not really for me. A fun closer.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!