This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Best of TSC 2017 - Semi-Final 2

Topic » Best of TSC 2017 - Semi-Final..

2238 days 23 hours ago
TolisKalkas
01) Luna        I mean it's not bad, but we had better kpop
02) Janice        lots of power. Okay
03) Sofia Reyes        I remember this cheap song but still a bop
04) Fedde Le Grand & Ida Corr        Obviously love this
05) Sabina Ddumba        The obvious winner of TSC285 and obvious qualifier of this semi
06) Emmi        I hope I didn't like this the first time, because I don't like it now
07) Dotter        overrated
08) Grace VanderWaal        gosh I hate her voice
09) Charlotte Cardin        we've moved onto the area of tsc that I don't like these
10) Saint Motel        I mean I don't like it but I don't hate it
11) Camila Cabello        I've grown to like this
12) Greta Van Fleet        ewwwww
13) Stony & Shenseea        I still bopped to this
14) Bishop Briggs        I mean I am not living, but it's okay I guess
15) Astrid S        I don't love the vocals but I also don't hate this song
16) Kygo        They have better shit
17) Betsy        this should qualify then probably end up midtable
18) Salt Ashes        I mean, this was aiight
19) Scorpions        oh gosh no
20) Celtic Woman        I mean…. I actually don't hate it
21) Loote        wait listening to this I would've expected it to have done better… I think it's a redemption entry
22) Dolly Style        this isn't dolly style… what have you done with them?
23) Twice        twice is overrated
24) Imogen Heap        why is she doing the same thing again?
25) Walk The Moon        don't like them
2238 days 9 hours ago
Alexeh23
01) Luna - I think I 12'd this in its original contest. I think it benefitted from a weak week as I don't like it as much as I did then but as far as K-Pop goes this is really good, like the melody of it a lot although the instrumental isn't all that.
02) Janice - Another song I 12'd, this has been on my playlist since like October and I still love it, it's so good. <3
03) Sofia Reyes - Don't really remember this tbh, liking the guitars but not liking anything else, feels messy as a whole.
04) Fedde Le Grand & Ida Corr - I remember liking this back when it was sent but it's giving me serious ESC 2018 vibes and not in a good way. The drop is good and I like her voice but it's a little underwhelming.
05) Sabina Ddumba - Love Sabina but I honestly forgot how good this was! Maybe not her best but still very, very good.
06) Emmi - There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you. Heard some of her other songs which I really prefer to this which I find hugely forgettable and just... eh. Also there is no way this is only 3:21 this felt like a lifetime.
07) Dotter - I love this song and I love her I hope she enters Melfest some day.
08) Grace VanderWaal - Aw this was in my first contest, it's so cute but I'm struggling to think of anything else to say other than she's making me re-evaluate my life choices.
09) Charlotte Cardin - ADORE her voice and those verses are amazing but I'm let down by the chorus unfortunately. Still overall very good, better than I remember.
10) Saint Motel - Oh it's that song from those adverts. This definitely deserved better than 19th, it's good!
11) Camila Cabello - LOL three points. One of the many songs that has grown on me after becoming mainstream.
12) Greta Van Fleet - Don't dislike this as much as I did in its original contest, but not a huge fan.
13) Stony & Shenseea - https://i.imgur.com/KLN01PH.png
14) Bishop Briggs - Bishop is extremely hit or miss with me but this is so so good, one of my favourites of the year for sure.
15) Astrid S - w/e
16) Kygo - "Kygo" and "Best of" is oxymoronic. The epitome of mediocrity.
17) Betsy - Completely forgot about this and her but this is really good too. I love her voice so much.
18) Salt Ashes - talented. brilliant. incredible. amazing. show stopping. spectacular.
19) Scorpions - But the best just happened? Similarly to Greta Van Fleet not as bad as I was expecting it to be but it's... not for me, I guess.
20) Celtic Woman - God I normally loathe Oonagh but I really like this. Folky stuff like this is the key to my heart. Nice to hear Oonagh sing without all the samey chanting her dirges usually come with.
21) Loote - It's every pop song that made the top 40 in 2017 ever but it's admittedly good for what it is.
22) Dolly Style - I have no idea if this was sent as a meme because I don't see how anyone can take the song title alone seriously but the song is honestly good.
23) Twice - Read Luna except much worse and without the 12.
24) Imogen Heap - Ok wtf??? Was this always this good? I was fully expecting to hate this but I'm loving it omg what.
25) Walk The Moon - Good but not a huge fan, not really for me.
2238 days 9 hours ago
krrais
01) Luna : Great opener! Quite different from other kpop songs I've heard before.
02) Janice : Fantastic beat, the song feels rock-ish but the combination with other styles makes it a very complete package.
03) Sofia Reyes : This just put me on a better mood =] Fun, cute, dance-y. Those raps seem like an obligation for this kind of music so didn't really mind it.
04) Fedde Le Grand & Ida Corr : Didn't like the vocal at first but when she suddenly show off that rasp I'm loving it, oh and the music is a total banger.
05) Sabina Ddumba : I've overplayed & oversung this and you know what it still sounds as fantastic as when I first heard it. Those strings, those drums, (and most importantly) that voice <333
06) Emmi : She sounds like Bebe Rexha, the song is not amazing but good enough to compete with the other ones, although it kinda doesn't go anywhere. Side note : The 5's La bezzaf is the only song I really wished to appear with great anticipation but wasnt submitted, why temeky ><
07) Dotter : I think this was the first Dotter song that really caught my attention, my only complain is that the verses kinda overpowers the chorus, it's still good, but I was expecting more.
08) Grace VanderWaal : Know this song by heart <3 so mature for a song sung by someone her age, and tbh this is a genre I wish could appear more on tsc.
09) Charlotte Cardin : This sounds very 2014 or around that, she has a pretty voice and the production is very good but it's a little forgettable, still a very nice listen.
10) Saint Motel : Recognized this from Liza Koshy's videos, it's very 80's with modern touch here and there, can't really put my finger on it but this is actually very enjoyable, should've gotten better than 19th.
11) Camila Cabello : Actually liked this a lot more after the contest, super catchy song.
12) Greta Van Fleet : He actually has a good voice and the beat is enjoyable but the production really sounds like it's garage-made, with better production this would've been better.
13) Stony & Shenseea : If this was faster I would probably like it but now not a fan.   
14) Bishop Briggs : Didn't participate in the contest but know and love this song, great voice, great energy, easily one of my favorite songs of 2017.
15) Astrid S : She has a really pretty voice but all of her songs sound samey and should've been released like a year earlier, still this one is enjoyable.
16) Kygo : The firestone era was bomb but this style surprisingly works so well with all of his new releases, not the best but certainly not the worst.
17) Betsy : Unique voice definitely, not a bad song at all but it doesn't really go anywhere.
18) Salt Ashes : Such a pleasant surprise, amazing progression, complicated but great arrangement, impressive vocal, loves everything about this.
19) Scorpions : Good selection for songs in like 80s/90s bar, not bad at all, kinda enjoyed it, it feels nostalgic.
20) Celtic Woman : I love Oonagh but this is a bit too all over the place.
21) Loote : Didn't get me high but love it <3
22) Dolly Style : This kind of beat always works well, I remember not liking this much but I'm enjoying this a lot now.
23) Twice : I think TT is still their best release but this is just as fun and enjoyable.
24) Imogen Heap : Wow what a voice, not show-y or anything but it sounds so deep and beautiful, the song is very indie but very unique in its own good way, great pick.
25) Walk The Moon : The first verse was quite underwhelming but thankfully it picks up and got ten times better, so glad that there's actually a song representing this style, great song.
2238 days 9 hours ago
rodrigueseve
Peter I dedicated you the song it is a Signal a signal to our love :'( I can't believe you didnt like it *cries in the corner*
2238 days 7 hours ago
Insanity
1. Luna - Ahhhhhhhh my South Korean queen that got robbed by Fatrick. Not sure how it’s gonna do here… but for the time being… werkle.
2. Janice - I remember this bitch. Really haunting. Forgot how the tune went before I clicked on it but it’s still just as powerful as I thought.
3. Sofia Reyes - Kinda vapid sounding. It’s nice for a first time listen, but even on a first listen it kinda gets grating. The rapper was just… well it’s a rapper after the second chorus. Groundbreaking.
4. Fedde Le Grand & Ida Corr - Tribal sounding. I’m living for the drop. The rest of the tune is alright except for the rapper after the second chorus… *sigh*
5. Sabina Ddumba - Idk maybe I’m just not in the mood for a ballad… But I’m not feeling this as much as I want to… But at least there is no rapper after the second chorus so snaps for you Ms. Ddumba.
6. Emmi - This wasn’t that memorable to me. A little 50 motivational quotesy, but not enough to find the gif wherever it’s hiding.
7. Dotter - Anyone else already starting to think that semi 1 was better? Cause I’m seven songs in and haven’t fully bopped to any of these songs so far.
8. Grace VanderWaal - Husein would submit something this twee and vanilla sounding…
9. Charlotte Cardin - I mean… It’s not bad… It’s just kinda boring. And the buildup was rather underwhelming.
10. Saint Motel - I mean… the song is called move but these verses are putting me to sleep. The chorus isn’t much better.
11. Camilla Cabello - And with this entry… semi 1 is officially better than semi 2.
12. Greta Van Fleet - I’m sorry, I’m not even trying to hate songs to be E*D*G*Y* or anything, but goodness I’m just not vibing with ANY of these songs today.
13. Stony & Shenseea - I mean… it’s unfortunate that this is one of the better songs we’ve heard so far.
14. Bishop Briggs - I didn’t get the hype over this when it won. It’s grown on me a little bit… But still feels kinda like The Lumineers or some shit.
15. Astrid S - Okay… A step in the right direction. I’ve always appreciated a good Astrid S tune, but they don’t really do anything over the top either. This is nice… But like… Eh.
16. Kygo - Ryan submitted a Kygo song? Ain’t that some shit… It’s one of Kygo’s weaker songs in my opinion… But it’s still pretty nice.
17. Betsy - Why did I think she sounded like a beached whale before? Bitch is TALL oh my god. Ok onto the actual song. This TSC has really turned around thank God. I didn’t think I liked this too much when I first heard it, but it’s really grown on me. The strings are beautiful.
18. Salt Ashes - Alexeh has always submitted really good songs, and this is no exception. Ahhhhhh I’m HERE. FOR. THIS.
19. Scorpions - At least Imogen Heap is worse than this.
20. Celtic Woman - Good lord… Ummmmmmm… No.
21. Loote - I remember really liking this song when it was in the contest. Surprised it didn’t even make top 5. Oh well, it’s still cute.
22. Dolly Style - This is cute… But compared to some other songs it just doesn’t stack up.
23. Twice - I love my sweet sweet sweet angels who have graced me this angelic hymn in order to cleanse my ears of some of those dreadful songs earlier.
24. Imogen Heap - And all of Twice’s hard work ruined.
25. Walk the Moon - A decent closer… One of their better tunes imo.
2238 days 5 hours ago
DrG2
Luna - uuhh another mainstream korean song. Pass
Janice - the intro is amazing because you show how a vocal beast you are but the reff is not that great just ok
Sofia - already hated it since the first beat and when the song comes, just gotta pass this
Fedde - thank you for making me cringe listen it
Sabina - vocal queen
Emmi - I love unique voices and her voice really match with the song
Dotter - I love your voice but this song didnt suit your voice
Grace - no please
Charlotte - YYYYAAASSS finally I found my jam
Saint - lol bye
Camilla - first time they said that they dont like the sound of it and now because it is overplayed and im like, what do you expect for camilla? Queen is always be a Queen
Greta - your voice is just too sharp for my liking
Stony - I like the beat and when they sing and then I heard the voice effect, big eeewww
Bishop - OMG THIS IS SO GOOD. MY TOP 3 FOR SURE
Astrid - SLAY ME QUEEN
Kygo - I like the verse very very much and started to make this got high points and then the reff came in. The reff should be a powerful lyrical not that effects
Betty - shit your lower voice just touch my voice but I just dont like this song that much. Just ok
Salt - how about a no
Scorpion - finally an old song that I like to hear
Celtic - the harmony is on point but your individual voices isnt that great
Loote - love it since the first beat and really expect that kind of voice for this song
Dolly - queen of robbery
Twice - its just ok
Imogen - Nope
Walk - Finally an upbeat song that I like from beginning to the end
2238 days 5 hours ago
Patrick319
1) Luna - This is cute. I'm glad it didn't win its contest but I can bop to it!
2) Janice - Lovely voice, and the song is stronger than I last remember. I'm really into this.
3) Sofia Reyes - Oh, I remember this hot mess. I think I said something about this sounding like it's 100 songs mashed into one, and I stand by that comment. This goes from Spanish pop to country-pop. It's a strange transition but I kinda dig it.
4) Fedde Le Grand & Ida Corr - A banger. The sound isn't particularly groundbreaking, but I still enjoy it.
5) Sabina Ddumba - I stand by the fact that this isn't Sabina's best but it's still a strong song and it stands up well over time. I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to this BUT I APPRECIATE IT.
6) Emmi - I remember this. It's a cute song that I almost considered for my Top 100, but it fizzles out by the chorus. The verses are cute though.
7) Dotter - I'm the only person on the planet that manages to consistently get 2nd with songs that score 130+ points. ROBBED QUEEN ICONIC GODDESS OF THE NORTH.
8) Grace VanderWaal - I thought I liked this but it hasn't aged well. That voice is grating. She's trying so hard to be a cool hipster indie pop musician and I'm not here for it.
9) Charlotte Cardin - This is really pleasant. A little sleepy, but pleasant. She has a good voice and musically this holds up.
10) Saint Motel - Felix got penalized for not voting in this contest, right? This goes OFF.
11) Camila Cabello - I don't love or hate this. Am quite indifferent toward it, which doesn't bode well for its chances.
12) Greta Van Fleet - It's a no from me.
13) Stony & Shensessa - I can usually get behind trash like this but this is just FAR TOO MUCH with those autotuned voices. I also just think it's kinda boring?
14) Bishop Briggs - Her best song! Very satisfying buildup. Great winner.
15) Astrid S - Astrid's songs aren't very interesting and this is really the epitome of an Astrid song - a cute listen that totally passes me by by the time I finish.
16) Kygo - All of Kygo's songs sound the same to me but I really love this. A great build to the eventual climax. I'm still totally feeling this!
17) Betsy - Not her best song but STILL ENJOYABLE.
18) Salt Ashes - I always thought this one was really overrated, and my opinion hasn't changed much. Annoying vocal and weak climax, SORRY.
19) Scorpions - I remember giving this a point ironically. THOSE WERE GOOD TIMES. I don't see myself doing the same this time.
20) Celtic Woman - I was about to say that this is the kind of shit AlanDuncan would geek out over and of course he was the one who sent it. It's very ethnically Irish without being alienating. I DIG IT.
21) Loote - I SHOULD find this underwhelming but I don't. I can't really explain it but I just think it's a really cool song that I ranked highly for it ^_^
22) Dolly Style - I should hate this but I really don't. It's an enjoyable song, but I get tired of it about two minutes in.
23) Twice - I want to like this but I just don't think it holds up. Nothing about it really interests me, sadly.
24) Imogen Heap - Insanity, where are the pitchforks?
25) Walk the Moon - This is generic but a really fun bop. I dig it A LOT.
2238 days 5 hours ago
adeleadele
Luna- Free Somebody- This did not do that much for me but extra points for it being Kpop (weak k pop though)
Janice- Love You Like I Should- It definetely has a lot of power, a bit generic but still pretty good!
Sofia Reyes- Muevelo- This is a bop, but like a guilty pleasure bop lol.
Fedde Le Grand & Ida Corr- Firestarter- Not sure about this one tbh, it did not interest that much but it still has quality i really like the female vocals.
Sabina Ddumba- I Cry- Yas this is a really nice song! Amazing vocals, and the chorus is AMAZING, a really amazing song! This could win tbh. I said amazing 3 times that's how amazing it is (5 times)
Emmi- Talk To Me- This did not do much for me, it was nice but i got bored the last minute.
Dotter- Evolution- This was pretty nice! It sounds familiar idk from where though.
Grace VanderWaal- Moonlight- Production is not good at all eek. Just a mess lol.
Charlotte Cardin- Main Girl- Like prob one of the stronger AdelesMom entries, but it still does not exactly interest me, it's decent though!
Saint Motel- Move- Yeah this is like not my type of thing lol. It's a upbeat entry, but it brings down my mood, weird :/
Camila Cabello- Havana- LOL this was entered before it became one of the biggest hits of last year. I normally hate hit songs, but this was one of the ones i tolerated the most, except hate the rap. so bye.
Greta Van Fleet- Highway Tune- How about a no.
Stony & Shenseea- Pon U Ruff- Eek a bop lol. I don't understand what their saying, but i hear some pretty naughty lyrics like slay lol!
Bishop Briggs- Dream- I remembered this one very well, i guess it stuck with me even though i barely replayed it, it's pretty good!
Astrid S- Think Before I Talk- Don't like the production too much, and it just dragged.
Kygo- Stargazing- Eww hate the drop with the annoying vocals like bye. verses were good too a shame..
Betsy- Lost & Found- Yas love the strings!! Vocals are interesting, idk if it fits the song really, but still good!
Salt Ashes- Save It- I literally have nothing to say about this song it's so uninteresting.
Scorpions- The Best Is Yet To Come- Lol sorry bye
Celtic Woman- Tir Na Nog- EEK LOVE THIS SONG SOO MUCH, SUCH A BOP
Loote- High Without Your Love- Remember this cute music vid lol, the song is decent as well
Dolly Style- Bye Bye Bby Boo- Just going to say why i submitted this song, well cuz it was one of my fav bop's of the year, i was thinking about sending my winning song, but decided not too cuz i don't even like my winning song eek
Twice- Signal- I'm a slut you know! Such a bop!
Imogen Heap- Me The Machine- LOL what's up with the lyrics. It's very different, but points for uniqueness
Walk The Moon- One Foot- Don't like the vocals, and the lyrics are so cliche and basic lol.
2238 days 3 hours ago
QueenMichelle
01) Luna - Why #StanLoona when you can #StanLuna ? This is a great start for me, definitely had me bopping instantly. Her notes really did slay me!
02) Janice - Oh yeah, I remember this, and remember not thinking it should win. I actually think it's decent but it's not for me methinks.
03) Sofia Reyes - Idgaf what ANYONE says, this is a fucking bop. Such a mess also like I love everything about it, how she goes back between Spanish and English and she serves in the video so I live.
04) Fedde Le Grand & Ida Corr - I do like it, it's decent to me, I like the production especially but it's not one of my favourites and looking at the rest of the line up it might not get a lot of points.
05) Sabina Ddumba - She ALWAYS delivers no matter what she sings, this song is so fucking amazing and when I first heard it I was wigless! This literally is a contender to win to be honest, and I'd love for it to. So fucking good.
06) Emmi - YESS THANK YOU FOR SENDING THIS. I fucking love this song. First off the video concept, I live. The actual song is just perfect and caters to all of my tastes perfectly. So much replay value as well. *bops*
07) Dotter - I want to say that I like this, but literally only a SELECT few aspects of this seem good to me. It's decent definitely and could make the Final but it's not for me.
08) Grace VanderWaal - Her voice reminds me of Bea Miller so much?! I love Bea Miller so much and ig Grace is alright too. This song is chill and inoffensive, it's aight.
09) Charlotte Cardin - Ok, I'm kinda shook by this... I don't remember this at all, but I'm really digging it. She really is teasing us tho. That beat came in then went back to normal. I kind of appreciate it though, believe me if it broke into something I'd have lived but this is great.
10) Saint Motel - Hmm. I'm not a fan of this really, like it's not something I enjoy at all. I remember disliking this and nothings changed.
11) Camila Cabello - This flopped so much when it was in this contest but like I'm expecting better things bc it legit grew on EVERYONE. I love this song :)
12) Greta Van Fleet - Oh fuck no I did NOT come here for this. Defo worst song so far.
13) Stony & Shenseea - I'm getting big Spice teas from this, of course I bopped to it. It's a good song, not much else to say.
14) Bishop Briggs - I dig it. I don't think it should win though, this type of style can get exhausting sometimes and at points it feels exhausting listening to this....
15) Astrid S - The chill vibe of this song is just so good to me. I love the guitar and Astrid always delivers imo and I replayed this sooo much.
16) Kygo - I appreciate this song bc the vocals are impeccable, it played so much that I got tired of it but listening back I can realize it's not awful. Not a BIG fan though.
17) Betsy - Ugh yes I remember this, tbh I love her voice but I wish it was on a song that didn't have THIS production. I need a ballad from her. It's good tho.
18) Salt Ashes - I like this a LOT. The chorus is quite good IMO, I wish they pulled the beat back a BIT in the verses but nevertheless I dig it.
19) Scorpions - Why is this here tbh? It doesn't compare to the rest of the songs, just so boring and uninteresting.
20) Celtic Woman - As an Irish person this is so iconic to me lmfaoo Oonagh's 10 seconds in the song slayed me and I live for it, ALL of it. Such a bop LOL.
21) Loote - Hmm. I think I like it. I'm kinda iffy on this because I like her voice but the production is kinda not serving, I wish it sounded different. At points it sounds alright though.
22) Dolly Style - FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS BYE BYE BBY BOO I PASS RIGHT THRU YOU. These girls always slay me and this is one of their best songs and I replayed it SOOOOOOO fucking much. One of the best choruses ever.
23) Twice - I love Twice in some of their songs but this one, I'm just not a fan of it at all! Nothing else to really say, it's just not something I'd listen to.
24) Imogen Heap - This was criticized horribly in it's original contest, I feel like it's so unique and great, I fucking love it tbh! It's something you'd just chill to in the background. Slay me.
25) Walk The Moon - Oh I remember this, and it slayed me back then and it slays me now! I love the 'one foot infront of the other' bit, whole song is pretty good though.
2238 days 3 hours ago
rodrigueseve
01) Luna- groovy and fun I like it
02) Janice- This one has the vocals as stand out, really good
03) Sofia Reyes- Cheap, im bopping but wont get points
04) Fedde Le Grand & Ida Corr- This one is also cool, not as fond as I was back then tho
05) Sabina Ddumba- Love Sabina and this side of her, really good
06) Emmi- This was fun but forgettable
07) Dotter- Amazing production value imo really nice
08) Grace VanderWaal- This girl is amazing... love the song
09) Charlotte Cardin- This really surprised me, the rough production worked incredibly well, this is quality
10) Saint Motel- SKIP
11) Camila Cabello- Very popular I do love it tho, Camila never disapoints
12) Greta Van Fleet- Not up my sleeve at all
13) Stony & Shenseea- What a mess... it was fun tho!
14) Bishop Briggs- I liked it more back then but still good
15) Astrid S- Minimalistic production but its a easy listen, pleasent to my hears
16) Kygo- This is a bop, how can u not love? I'LL BE STAYING HERE
17) Betsy- This has a weird structure and sound to me
18) Salt Ashes- This was very good tbh, surprised me but I like the overall sound of it, it flows nicely
19) Scorpions- uuuuh.... wtf?
20) Celtic Woman- This is very tribalist (ARE YOU READY FOR THE REAL THING?) and its really nice a completely original change of pace, I am living
21) Loote- This is minimalistic to a point you cant say much about it. Lacks a lot of thing, not interested
22) Dolly Style- QUEENS
23) Twice- MY QUEENS
24) Imogen Heap- Too inofensive, read Loote
25) Walk The Moon- This is really good it has
very nice instrumentation and vocals to back it up
2238 days 3 hours ago
ricktworick1
Closed. Announcing finalists soon.
2238 days 2 hours ago
ricktworick1
Moving here now!
2238 days 2 hours ago
rodrigueseve
TRYING TO LET YOU KNOW
SIGNAL BONAE SIGNAL BONAE
2238 days 2 hours ago
ricktworick1
Same as in the other semi-final, 12 acts will go through. Let's see...
2238 days 2 hours ago
PrincessTeePee
Prayer circle for walk the moon

Or I go a second consecutive year with no Finalists 😭

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!