This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Best of TSC 2017 - Semi-Final 2

Topic » Best of TSC 2017 - Semi-Final..

2238 days 14 hours ago
ricktworick1
Alt for Janice:
2238 days 6 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
01) Luna - Luna moon me up, honey! Appreciate that the vocals aren't too sugary sweet in this one. Not in love with it, but not a bad opener.
02) Janice - Dig this one. Originally didn't end up on my shortlist for listing, but luckily remembered it right before I started ranking, and it ended up finishing decently well.
03) Sofia Reyes - I could do without Wisin, but otherwise, these hips are moving.
04) Fedde Le Grand & Ida Corr - Three songs in my top 100 thus far. Still bumps.
05) Sabina Ddumba - Four songs in my top 100 thus far. Still gorgeous.
06) Emmi - I don't remem-...oh yep, that still and the Maya Angelou quote just brought back memories. INSPIRATIONAL. It's decent -- really doesn't stand out to me in a "best of" setting.
07) Dotter - Another one from my top 100. Without doing too much double checking, I think it's my highest ranking one in this semi. Fuck off, Patrick. Cry.
08) Grace VanderWaal - Thank you for bringing back the memory that I shortlisted a song by a 6 and a half year old girl for my list. It's good, but GOD DAMN IT.
09) Charlotte Cardin - ANOTHER one from my list. None of my top 10 in this contest, but it's more littered with things from my list. Quite pretty.
10) Saint Motel - Parts of the instrumental still reminds me of "My Type" and that's definitely not a bad thing. Definitely think I could get into this more with more listens.
11) Camila Cabello - "Havana" by Camila Cabello was entered by DrG2 in TSC286, and it finished 24th with 3 points.
12) Greta Van Fleet - NOT MY THING, BUT KEEP DOING YOUR THING, BIBBS.
13) Stony & Shenseea - Anoooooother one from my list. *slow swivels of hips*
14) Bishop Briggs - Absoulte garbage. (probably my favorite thing that I sent last year)
15) Astrid S - If my memory serves me right, I think I thought that this was just FINE. I still feel that way. It's solid enough, but not something that's really a "best of" FOR ME. I'm sure others will feel differently.
16) Kygo - NEEDS TO PLINK MORE FOR A KYGO PRODUCTION.
17) Betsy - I GET the appeal of Betsy, but there's something that just doesn't click for me with her vocally. I enjoy the production and what she does stylistically, but the voice is still attempting to grow on me.
18) Salt Ashes - Love this one. All around great entry.
19) Scorpions - Looking over the rest of the running order, I think this is where the contest starts to hit a lull for me.
20) Celtic Woman - Simply not my thing.
21) Loote - It's fairly pedestrian and familiar, but a nice kind of familiar.
22) Dolly Style - SNAPS for the only Dolly Style song that I've heard that I can truly tolerate and even slightly enjoy! (I like it more than I'd like to admit)
23) Twice - This was just as big of a mess as I remembered it being.
24) Imogen Heap - I miss when she harmonized with robots. Go back to your roots, Jules. Rediscover your roots.
25) Walk The Moon - Got my toes tapping. Good closer after hitting a bit of a dead spot in the contest for me.
2238 days ago
Temeky
Seven songs in here that I have in my playlist! This is going to be fun!
2236 days 22 hours ago
Insanity
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICK!
2236 days 17 hours ago
ryan5676
01) Luna – The music is not my cup of tea with how it sounds wrong and I want to try and get in with the singing but nothing is happening
02) Janice – Yes queen is slaying it here with that vocal work and the music helps to build it up more that it becomes enjoyable to listen
03) Sofia Reyes – I adore the music used here that is making me dance along to the beat and the girl singer can really sing but there is no point in the male singer at all
04) Fedde Le Grand & Ida Corr – There is a groove here somewhere and I just want to find it but the singing is not what I like to hear sadly
05) Sabina Ddumba – This is a bop I love to listen to and everything in it is perfect with her voice sounding amazing and that haunting music blending well
06) Emmi – I thought we were getting somewhere but it didn’t go anywhere with the chorus being weak and the music started getting repetitive
07) Dotter – What I can say about this, the music is seriously lit in grabbing my attention and her unique voice is giving me life that I want to get a second listen
08) Grace VanderWaal – That ukulele sure helps to make this memorable in the tune used but her voice sounds weak here which is a shame
09) Charlotte Cardin – This girl has soul and it sure does shine in this song and the music is at a good standard but it sounds weak at some parts
10) Saint Motel – The song has quickly become a snoozefest straight away and it doesn’t even make me move with it getting annoying in their voices
11) Camila Cabello – The beat is actually quite good and I must say that she has a nice voice and I am quite shocked that I actually like this
12) Greta Van Fleet – His voice just made me shiver in a bad way with how it sounds uncomfortable and the music played is just bland
13) Stony & Shenseea – There is just nothing good here to salvage from their voices not clicking to the annoying music that won’t stop
14) Bishop Briggs – You can keep this coming with it sounding awesome in the music bringing the beat and her voice is just out of this world
15) Astrid S – Her voice is great and I felt that the music was lacking in the material so that is the only bad thing from this
16) Kygo – This is such a powerful song that is shone in the vocalist and the magical music playing that is able to put this on another level
17) Betsy – The music made it sound very promising and I wanted to enjoy this so much but the singer’s voice is so distracting to hear
18) Salt Ashes – This does has a nice beat going and I can see that in the chorus which brings out the best of it and the vocals are alright at best
19) Scorpions – What I can get from this is that it is dull and forgettable from the music to the singer and it just doesn’t have that spark
20) Celtic Woman – Now we are getting somewhere and I absolutely love how they use folk music so well and their voices are exception together
21) Loote – I enjoyed where the verses were going and their beat but it didn’t go well in the chorus and her voice certainly did not get better
22) Dolly Style – I miss what was fun from their earlier singles and this song works well as a stand alone but it just goes nowhere
23) Twice – What am I hearing? Is this suppose to be music and I’m not liking it one bit with the annoying chorus ruining it
24) Imogen Heap – The voice is not really for me and the music doesn’t sound like music to me and it more belongs as a theme to a low budget video game
25) Walk The Moon – We have got the groove back baby and I adore the beat used and his voice works well here that I think it is a bop
2236 days 9 hours ago
PrincessTeePee
Hi. Me again, happy 21st Rick!

Luna ~ Don't remember this much, vaguely familiar? Quite liking it, 'tis quirky.
Janice ~ Oh my thasssa vocal. A great pick, forgot how much I liked this.
Sofia Reyes ~ Oooosh...this is loud. But I was jamming. Pretty cool.
Fede la Grande & Ida Corr ~ Interesting vocal. A great party vibe to this one though, quite enjoyed it.
Sabina Ddumba ~ Ooook so this delivered. But when does she not? Incredible vocal, and even if this isn't everyone's style of song, you can't help being captivated by it.
Emmi ~ A little lacking in parts, wasn't sold on this if I'm honest. But, the chorus is good.
Dotter ~ Her songs are always pretty good, really enjoyed this one though, probably the best thing from her.
Grace VanderWaal ~ Getting young singer/songwriter feels, its not bad at all though despite being a little too twee in parts.
Charlotte Cardin ~ This one is completely new to me, and I really liked it! It flowed well with a decent vocal.
Saint Motel ~ Sounds like an advert song? Dreary verses, damn... the chorus is decent though. This feels the least likely CharliBibi song like...ever! Its ok.
Camila Cabello ~ Normally it would seem...choicey... to send a song that only got you 3 points, but I feel the general consensus of this song is pretty much the same. It simply grew on us, me included, and became arguably the biggest earworm of last year. I still don't LOVE it, but definitely appreciate it more. Sack the rapper!
Greta van Fleet ~ Oh, loud, louddd! Ohh its that LedZeppalike. I appreciate the vintage feel of this, but not particularly phased by it sadly.
Stony et Shanessa ~ Oh hi again Scott! Found this one a bit more out-there, but definitely a unique, standout song so far. Got a bit waring after a while.
Bishop Briggs ~ Ooosh nice instrumental. Not as completely in love with this as others are, but definitely one of the most enjoyable songs so far in this fairly blandish contest. Like the progression.
Astrid S ~ She is pretty twee by nature when she sings, but this is easily the best thing I've heard by her. Sweet and inoffensive with a bit of beat punch.
Kygo ~ I do love a bit of K, I've used him twice though so this should be a surprise to nobody. Some of the vocal effects are definitely not needed - save the plinkliness for the instrumentals like normal, please?! A nice vocal overall though. Takes a bit of a while to kick in.
Betsy ~ Sublime vocal! I loved LWL, and I loved this.
Salt Ashes ~ Dayum forgot about this one, what insane harmonies. This was brilliant!
Scorpions ~ These throwbacks, haha. I do very much enjoy their vocals and like this song. I can appreciae why people wouldn't gravitate to this song, but I found it rather lovely.
Celtic Woman ~ Not even going to lie, I really enjoyed this! This is definitely the more Unique Entries semi, and I'm not complaining about it. A bit sickly sweet as songs go, but the chorus is cracking, so who cares xD
Loote ~ Ehh nothing really stood out about this song for me. Its ok, didn't hate it. Was it the prequel to Phantogram's 'You dont get me high anymore'? :P #asecondchoice
Dolly Style ~ Thought this could/should have been a lot better than it eventually was.  Distinctive lack of punch that sets it apart, but it was fairly enjoyable.
Twice ~ I've not liked anything they've produced yet. This did nothing to change that, sozzy. It was LeoMESSI.
Imogen Heap ~ See, this is more renowned to me for being Insanity's favourite song thats ever been released in the universe.... HEHE. I for one quite liked this. Its another one for the unique entries of this semi.
Walk the Moon ~ Oh hi me. Still consider this a choooon. Love the instrumentals, love the vocals. One of my top 5 of my own fav submissions last year. OnefootinfrontoftheotHER.
2235 days 15 hours ago
bibbles
21st!!!! hope your celebrating!

01) Luna – feel like ive already heard this!! Its okay.
02) Janice – shes a bit nasally in places and that annoying background noise doesn’t help. Its okay.
03) Sofia Reyes – oh god no! also, I find it annoying when people use their names at the beginning of the song, they worried we are going to forget who they are!! Actually she might have a point cos I will forget this instantly!!
04) Fedde Le Grand & Ida Corr – as tolis would say, meh!!!
05) Sabina Ddumba – whats with the crackling!! All those years perfecting the cd to rid music of the vinyl crackle and she puts it back!! Her voice is okay, is a bit slow!
06) Emmi – its okay, feels like she trying to sing like someone else!
07) Dotter – should we have a bands contents, with just bands, doing bands stuff, with instruments and things!! Could get points for the bands instruments, like drums and that!
08) Grace VanderWaal – a bit twee, a bit sweet, mini bibs would like the ukulele bit as she like dodie!!
09) Charlotte Cardin – not a fan of the voice but the music is quite good.
10) Saint Motel – don’t think I normally like charliebibis song but I like this one!!
11) Camila Cabello – not my thing, its okay.
12) Greta Van Fleet – Robert plants love child, how can it not win!!!!
13) Stony & Shenseea – what!!!!!!
14) Bishop Briggs – don’t know if I like this because the last song was so awful or not!!
15) Astrid S – a bit twee, a bit breathless, wish she would just sing it!!
16) Kygo – a bit syrupy, why is he singing the chorus like that, its really annoying!!
17) Betsy – think I had this last time, she reminds me of a singer whose name escapes me, from the 80s/90s.
18) Salt Ashes – its not my thing but ive heard worse!!
19) Scorpions – I have some early scorpion albums!!!
20) Celtic Woman – very very very twee, sounds like it should be in Eurovision!!
21) Loote – just sing it god dam it!!!!
22) Dolly Style – very beige, nothing going on!!
23) Twice – why are the kpop songs soooo long! It was a series of annoying noises!
24) Imogen Heap – a bit twee, but the tune was okay.
25) Walk The Moon – that was a good ending!!
2235 days 13 hours ago
AlanDuncan
01) Luna - Decent KPOP banger to start us off. Solid.
02) Janice - Banger. Class. Elegance. This Semi is already better.
03) Sofia Reyes - The rapper ruins this. It's good for regular contest. Doubt it's good enough.
04) Fedde Le Grand & Ida Corr - I really enjoyed. It reminds me of Azerbaijan 2018 and Cyprus 2018 having a baby.
05) Sabina Ddumba - One of my favourite winners. I listen to this a lot. STELLAR.
06) Emmi - I think this is a bit too cheesy.
07) Dotter - Robbed Mello queen. I like this. It's gonna qualify.
08) Grace VanderWaal - In SF1 this would be deadcert qualifer but this SF is way stronger. It's nice but I know whats coming up so...
09) Charlotte Cardin - I think will end up fading. It already sounds dead compared to stuff before.
10) Saint Motel - I think 19th was a bit harsh but I don't see this troubling the finale. It's decent.
11) Camila Cabello - LMAO 3 POINTS. I can't believe Camila did this.
12) Greta Van Fleet - Sorry bibbles.
13) Stony & Shenseea - I quite enjoy this.
14) Bishop Briggs - This is so underwelming. How did this win?
15) Astrid S - Safe entry. Probably will end up being too safe and fail to qualify.
16) Kygo - I love this so much.
17) Betsy - Why does she sing like that? Sorry rick shes no RAYE. Still good though.
18) Salt Ashes - Oh I like this.
19) Scorpions - I meana someone has to get last.
20) Celtic Woman - I mean don't wanna sound biased but I think it shoul'd win.
21) Loote - This was trippy. She just kinda spoke it.
22) Dolly Style - Very vanilla for Dolly Style. Disapointed.
23) Twice - This was awful.
24) Imogen Heap - I'm confused. What was this.
25) Walk The Moon - Safe qualifier. Beige for me.
2235 days 13 hours ago
Temeky
01) Luna
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS MAMA. BOP.
One of the songs that I've added to my playlist - I've also sent this to my own song contest (Zendari)! I think I placed 8th or something with it. I love it.
I WANNA FREE SOMEBODYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

02) Janice
I don't remember this at all. I think my comment on it was "this is winning", and if it was, I was right about it.
It's nothing special, really. Janice has a nice voice but the song is pretty meh.

03) Sofia Reyes
This is also in my playlist and I think about this song a lot! It IS pretty basic but it's still REALLY catchy.

04) Fedde Le Grand & Ida Corr
I have no memory of this song at all. Pretty basic, nothing special.

05) Sabina Ddumba
I believe I also said that this was the winner when it competed, and I don't remember this song. Sabina Ddumba tends to be very overhyped in contests and I just don't see why.

06) Emmi
I don't think I need to comment on my own song LOL
This is my best find of 2017 (thank you Spotify Discover). It's amazing and the music video is amazing and the lyrics are great. I can't find anything bad about this song, or music video.

07) Dotter
Another playlist song! AND DOTTER WAS IN MELODIFESTIVALEN AND WAS UNDESERVEDLY ROBBED!
Wow, where do I begin? Thank you TSC for introducing me to Dotter and turning me into a huge fan of her. This song should've won TSC 285, no question about it. It's one of her best songs.

08) Grace VanderWaal
This came 2nd? I thought it came 8th or lower!
It's a nice song.

09) Charlotte Cardin
I have no memory of this, and rightfully so because it's not worth remembering. Boring.

10) Saint Motel
Playlist song!
I'm not a fan of his voice but I do like the music. That's all I have to say about that.

11) Camila Cabello
I don't even recall that this competed in TSC. This was the edition that I sent Harajuku Iyahoi (robbed) - and I should remember this song because it saved me from coming last!
I mean... meh? Stop sending overplayed radio songs pls

12) Greta Van Fleet
I don't rem- oh wait, yes I do. I hate this.

13) Stony & Shenseea
No memory of this competing. It's not worth remembering, it's bad.

14) Bishop Briggs
I like this! Can't see myself listening to this in the future (especially since I haven't listened to it until now) but I like it.

15) Astrid S
Playlist song!
This is catchy and I enjoy it whenever it comes on, but I've never felt the desire to listen to this song on repeat.

16) Kygo
Really forgettable - and I'm only saying that because saying "I don't remember this" is feeling a bit overused by now. Boring.

17) Betsy
I've honestly learned to hate this LMAO I know I gave it points in TSC290 but I really hate her voice! It ruins the whole song!
I still have it in my playlist, though.

18) Salt Ashes
SAAAVE IIIIIIIIT YOU DONT HAVE IT IN YOUR POOOOOOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEER
The chorus is the only part worth remembering, but it's good I guess.
Playlist song, by the way.

19) Scorpions
https://media1.giphy.com/media/uHox9Jm5TyTPa/giphy.gif
#nomemoryofthis #notworthremembering #NEXT

20) Celtic Woman
I'll say what I said last time - Oonagh must've not been apart of the production that much because her songs are so much more powerful than this. But it was nice to be reminded that this song exists.

21) Loote
I like this a lot! I don't remember it but I like it!

22) Dolly Style
This is SUPER catchy, but it's not the best Dolly Style song.

23) Twice
I... hate this. I don't know why, but I hate this. I usually like kpop.

24) Imogen Heap
Meh? I don't like this type of music.

25) Walk The Moon
PLAYLIST SONG!
This song has grown for me SO MUCH and I'm so happy that this was sent to Best of TSC. I LOVE IT.
2235 days 12 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
01) Luna – I thought there was something wrong with my headphones at first. What is up with that stunted noise. Vocals are good. It’s cute…pretty sure that’s what I said before lol. :p :)

02) Janice – Now I debated whether or not to send this or Billie. I knew Billie was the safe option even though this actually won. Why I entered this is because I want others to listen to this a second time as I feel like it is a grower. I love the song. Easily my favourite winner.

03) Sofia Reyes – I can’t remember this at all. It’s sassy though. :p This is multiple songs in one. :p I can here ‘Timber’ by Pitbull…I’m probably the only one though. :p

04) Fedde Le Grand & Ida Corr – This should have won. I love everything about this. Tolis’ best song in a long time in my opinion. Her vocal is great and Shaggy doesn’t ruin the song either. Very strong. :)

05) Sabina Ddumba – It’s Sabina, it’s going to be good. I was surprised that this won by so many points. It’s not that I don’t enjoy it, I actually quite like it. :D The chorus is where it is that. :p

06) Emmi – I remember receiving this and responding something like ‘Werqqqqq’, I really enjoy this and I thought this was going to be a win for Stewen. Very strong. LD

07) Dotter – I prefer other songs by her, this one is more radio friendly so no wonder it nearly won. Very decent, parts sound really magical. :)

08) Grace VanderWaal – Another one that I didn’t remember too much. This is certainly better than I thought it was going to be. Pretty cute and inoffensive. :)

09) Charlotte Cardin – Yasssssssss Virginia! YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. This is right in my taste range and I still really love this. Fantastic.

10) Saint Motel – I like this…. A lot more than I thought I was going to. Yeah the chorus is very simple, but there is a vibe I really appreciate in the verses in particular. :)

11) Camila Cabello – iconic 3 points tbh :p Surely he didn’t vote? :p Not m y favourite song tbh, I would prefer the song without her vocal tbh.

12) Greta Van Fleet – Maybe I fall asleep during Bibbles’ entries, I can’t remember ever hearing or watching this tbh and this was only like 4 contests ago.  :p This is still not particularly making an impression on me. Sorry Bibbsy.

13) Stony & Shenseea – Sultry and sexy. Not a bad listen, not particularly something I would go out of my way to listen to.

14) Bishop Briggs – I remember being really shocked when this won. This again is so much better than I remember. It’s not going to set the world alight for me, but it’s cool enough.

15) Astrid S -  A little whiny…but pretty solid. Her vocal is a little shaky but the beats carry it. :)

16) Kygo – This sounded a little stunted to me…and for some reason I can’t remember this at all. :p I like the verses though lol :p

17) Betsy – She reminds me of Laura Doggett and I like that someone with an unconventional voice did well. Yeah I enjoyed this. :) good good.

18) Salt Ashes – No five knives interesting. Tbh this is an interesting pick too. :) I think I enjoyed this more than last time. The chorus is great. :D

19) Scorpions – This got 52 points? Okoiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii….The best is yet to come? Probably true in this contest, cos this certainly isn’t the best for me. Sorry.

20) Celtic Woman – I think I gave this 6 or so points last time. After the contest I listened to this and I enjoyed it so much more…yes ok the transition is messy…it’s just a joy to listen to. Beautiful

21) Loote – 7th? Hmm interesting. Ok it’s repetitive, but it’s solid enough to get in the top 5. It must have been a strong contest. Enjoyable. :)

22) Dolly Style – It’s not bad…but there is something unsettling about the whole package. :p Better than I remembered it to be though lol. :p

23) Twice – If this was the one that was dedicated to me, rod…I’m disappointed…messy noises right from the start. Not one of their better entries or even one of your better ones Rod…for my tastes anyways. It’s not terrible…but yeah…not bothered tbh.

24) Imogen Heap – I think I was one of the only people who really liked this last time and I still really like it now. It’s a little messy, but it’s beautiful too. Interesting, I’m not sure where it’s going to end up in m rankings though.

25) Walk The Moon – An interesting closer. I’m not sure I like the funny screechy noise, but I really like the chorus. Cool beans. :)
2235 days 12 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
Another really good Semi :D
Again I had more songs that I wanted to give points to  than I physically could.

Good luck all. :)
2235 days 12 hours ago
DallasAndrew
01) Luna - 'Free Somebody' Unfortunately, I consider this just a generic disco track.
02) Janice - 'Love You Like I Should' A very good voice. The song is average, nothing to dislike, nothing to highly appreciate.
03) Sofia Reyes - 'Muevelo (feat. Wisin)' This one stands out from every point of view. As I first conisdered it, it is a guilty pleasure of mine, not a style I would normally appreciate, but the rythm and her voice are so catchy.
04) Fedde Le Grand & Ida Corr - 'Firestarter (feat. Shaggy)' Some amazing vocals there, the song doesn't appeal to me too much. Still a catchy strong rythm.
05) Sabina Ddumba - 'I Cry' It gives a strong impact to the listener, I'm happy that such a type of song was able to win. And with so many points from what I'm seeing.
06) Emmi - 'Talk To Me' Pretty generic, I find nothing too interesting at this one.
07) Dotter - 'Evolution' It combines a lot of styles and her voice is very attractive. It's quite original and I appreciate this thing.
08) Grace VanderWaal - 'Moonlight' Not to mention how happy I am that this type of quite slow songs are able to get such a high result. She is making the whole song, her singing is very attractive. Otherwise the song is pretty simple.
09) Charlotte Cardin - 'Main Girl' I'm a little dissapointed that AdelesMom sacrificed a rock song for this one, but I guess it's her right to go with the one that got a top result. It is a high quality entry I guess, however I feel nothing listening to it. Good vocals.
10) Saint Motel - 'Move' I've enjoyed it. Old-fashioned for sure, but pretty good in my opinion for what it wants to be.
11) Camila Cabello - 'Havana (feat. Young Thug)' What an interesting contest can this be when a major hit nowadays received just 3 points participating here before becoming such a great hit. I have no idea how I have reacted to it the first time, I guess I wasn't impressed either considering I certainly didn't give it more than 3 points... Ok, I've searched it, it had a deduction, but it still got just 18 points. Nowadays, I admit that it is not a bad piece of music, but I'm so sick about it from how often I was forced to listen to it.
12) Greta Van Fleet - 'Highway Tune' So oldy, still very good. Even though I don't expect it to happen, it is a crime if bibbles doesn't reach the final with any of her songs.
13) Stony & Shenseea - 'Pon U Ruff' I remember that I didn't dislike it first time. Strange change of rythm. Yeah, it's ok, however nothing amazing, their voices is all to be remarked.
14) Bishop Briggs - 'Dream' One of the best artists obsessively used in TSC. The song is amazing.
15) Astrid S - 'Think Before I Talk' Not much of a song, very chill but also catchy. It's good.
16) Kygo - 'Stargazing (feat. Justin Jesso)' Another pretty famous one nowadays... The start is promising, the chorus is dissapointing for me, considering I'm not a fan of this type of songs.
17) Betsy - 'Lost & Found' I've highly appreciated this when it was originally submitted for the originality and the combination between the orchestra and modern track. I don't know how high I will put it this time, considering there are a lot of good entries, but I enjoy it.
18) Salt Ashes - 'Save It' It's like a remix of a total different genre. It's interesting, quite catchy... nothing more to add.
19) Scorpions - 'The Best Is Yet To Come' I hesitated between Scorpions and Nightwish for this contest, I've chosen this one especially that I've considered it fitting so well at the start of the year, a nice message for the contest as well. It's a legendary band, of course, hard to dislike something from them. And what can they do with some orchestras... amazing!
20) Celtic Woman - 'Tir Na Nog (feat. Oonagh)' Irish rythms. It seems that the Scorpions were right? :))
21) Loote - 'High Without Your Love' Another guilty pleasure of mine. It's like a... drug maybe. The girl is so attractive. Nice video as well.
22) Dolly Style - 'Bye Bye Bby Boo' So sugary. I don't consider anything of this to fit a 'best of'.
23) Twice - 'Signal' I've proposed myself to not be rude about any of the entries. But considering that this is Rod's one... Oh my, HORRIBLE!
24) Imogen Heap - 'Me The Machine' It's an interesting approach, I think I've said it first time too, but I simply don't like it for some reason.
25) Walk The Moon - 'One Foot' I can't say it's a top one, but the rythm is very attractive. A decent pop-rock song.
2235 days 11 hours ago
ricktworick1
TO AVOID CONFUSION - THE DEADLINE IS STILL THURSDAY, IT IS JUST THE HOURS THAT HAVE BEEN MOVED
2235 days 9 hours ago
dragotistic
01) Luna – Not a big fan. I’ve heard better from this genre.
02) Janice – still a bop forever and always
03) Sofia Reyes – Nothing from her will live up to the Cash Cash song How to Love. Sorry.
04) Fedde Le Grand & Ida Corr – What a voice. I might give this points based on that voice alone.
05) Sabina Ddumba – Forever one of my favorite entries I’ve submitted.
06) Emmi – Nice. Just nice.
07) Dotter – This could’ve won any contest outside the one it got 2nd in. It’s really good.
08) Grace VanderWaal – She has such a nice voice. My favorite singer from AGT
09) Charlotte Cardin – This is a strong semi, dear god. Tough votes incoming.
10) Saint Motel – Not a fan.
11) Camila Cabello – How about a no.
12) Greta Van Fleet – I actually didn’t hate this.
13) Stony & Shenseea – Nah. Not a fan.
14) Bishop Briggs – I like this. Better than the last couple for sure.
15) Astrid S – I like Astrid S, so naturally I enjoyed this.
16) Kygo – Standard, mainstream. But I like it.
17) Betsy – She really does have a great voice. Nice song.
18) Salt Ashes – This was a bop.
19) Scorpions – Okay. This was unexpected. I don’t know what to think.
20) Celtic Woman – I like Celtic Woman, mainly cause celtic music is actually extremely lit and there’s a celtic ensemble at my university that’s literally fire.
21) Loote – Not my favorite but I definitely enjoyed it.
22) Dolly Style – Forgot that this was actually a bop.
23) Twice – Not a fan.
24) Imogen Heap – Nothing will touch Hide & Seek. So. Tough.
25) Walk The Moon – This was a nice listen. Probably will give a couple of points.
2235 days 8 hours ago
Insanity17
01) Luna- This still gives me Ariana Grande in the 80s vibes. It’s not typical Kpop, which I appreciate.
02) Janice- The beginning is so powerful. The instrumentation isn’t pleasing to my ear. It becomes stagnant after the first chorus.
03) Sofia Reyes- Too overproduced. The overlay of instruments and the transitions from one background sound to another gave me a headache. Great energy though.
04) Fedde Le Grand & Ida Corr- There is way too much going on from the instant the song starts.
05) Sabina Ddumba- Powerful voice. The background music overpowers the vocals in certain parts, but that’s just me being nit-picky. 
06) Emmi- She has an interesting tone, but the song doesn’t really interest me. It’s not something I’d listen to in my free time.
07) Dotter- Cool tone and vibe, but it doesn’t captivate or excite me. It’s just good.
08) Grace VanderWaal- The ukulele is like kryptonite. I like the angst this conveys.
09) Charlotte Cardin- Her tone is so good and I think it’s powerful and emotional. I enjoyed it.
10) Saint Motel- Repetitive. Sounds really old-school and cheesy.
11) Camila Cabello- Love her. Hate this song.
12) Greta Van Fleet- This is what I would classify as loud and obnoxious background noise.
13) Stony & Shenseea- I remember this from it’s original contest. I really like the vibe, it has great transitions, and the energy is great. It makes me move and I like that.
14) Bishop Briggs- Great voice, I like the almost guttural, visceral grunts. Good dynamics. Catchy. Overall, a good pick.
15) Astrid S- Just another pop song, nothing special about it.
16) Kygo- Very repetitive and most of the song is the beat, but I’m not mad about it.
17) Betsy- Not as enthused by this song as I was the first time around. Stylistically perfect. That tone is amazing.
18) Salt Ashes- I still think this song was robbed of a win. I added it to my playlist the day I heard it and played it on repeat that entire weekend. Just as with Betsy, the fascination has died done since first hearing it.
19) Scorpions- I don’t remember this one and I wish I never had to listen to it again. This didn’t sound current at all.
20) Celtic Woman- Celtic sounds are amazing, but I still don’t like this song. It’s annoyingly sweet and sounds like it belongs in a Disney live action film.
21) Loote- Great energy and it’s a song I’ve had on my playlist since before the contest, so I definitely like it. It doesn’t really have a moment.
22) Dolly Style- Decent voices, but very generic.
23) Twice- Typical cutesy kpop that I don’t like.
24) Imogen Heap- Way too much sound engineering going on and it doesn’t work. Overall, the whole thing is distracting.
25) Walk The Moon- A banger to close out the second semi final. This song is so epic.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!