This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Best of TSC 2017 - Semi-Final 1

Topic » Best of TSC 2017 - Semi-Final..

2239 days 9 hours ago
dragotistic
01)        The Sam Willows – I remember really digging this song when it was first submitted. Still holds up.
02) Judah & The Lion – Imagine Dragons? Are you sure this isn’t Imagine Dragons? Not too bad.
03) Marina & The Diamonds – I really love her voice. Her music always is pretty good.
04) Sarah Geronimo – Wasn’t a fan a first time, won’t be the second.
05) Jolin Tsai – Meh. I don’t really remember this song from earlier this year.
06) Patrice Roberts – This isn’t the best of the genre that I’ve heard, but so far I dig it.
07) Dagny – Dagny has better stuff, even though this is pretty good.
08) Wiktoria – I wasn’t here when this won. I can see why it did, just seems kinda generic.
09) Bo Burnham – Comedy content. A+ Musical content? Not so much
10) Off Bloom – This is better the second time around. Nice.
11) SIAMES – Honestly not that bad, I enjoyed it
12) Brequette Cassie – I remember really liking this song. I still do oops
13) Molly Kate Kestner – Yeah, this is a bop
14) Rhys – okay I really like this, not gonna lie. Wish I listened to it before.
15) FOZZY – Not for me. Still.
16) Loreen – This is my first time listening to this, and it isn’t as great as I hoped it would be :/
17) Javiera Mena – Not a fan. Just didn’t enjoy it.
18) Azealia Banks – Never been a fan of Azealia Banks, and this didn’t convert.
19) Red Velvet – This was relaxed and innocent. I like it.
20) Brooke Candy – ft. Sia? I’m interested. Very nice song tbh
21) Carly Rae Jepsen – I like this song, but I don’t think it should’ve won. Still really good though.
22) Unlike Pluto – Probably in my Top 5 winners of the year personally. It just works.
23) Skip Marley – This song has been in like 30 commercials and I’m kinda over it.
24) RAYE – Also one of my favorite winners from this year. Still good.
25) Kodaline – This is one of my favorite songs of 2017 in general. Still cuts deep.
26) BANKS – Not a big fan of this song tbh.
2239 days 8 hours ago
TolisKalkas
01) The Sam Willows        I want to hate this, but I don't
02) Judah & The Lion        but I do hate this one
03) Marina & The Diamonds        I'm supposed to love her because she's greek, but I don't
04) Sarah Geronimo        This isn't selling me
05) Jolin Tsai        of course felix comes back to submit another jolin tsai  song just to be disappointed
06) Patrice Roberts        I mean… is a bop
07) Dagny        This is okay but nah
08) Wiktoria        queen. Icon. Legend
09) Bo Burnham        this is one of his worst songs
10) Off Bloom        I mean it goes off, but not enough
11) SIAMES        I mean I don't like the genre, but this wasn't terrible
12) Brequette Cassie        if only spain would not rig their selections…..
13) Molly Kate Kestner        oh gosh this is painful. I can't believe I didn't like either of steve's selections
14) Rhys        this was aiight
15) FOZZY        no. no. no
16) Loreen        I don't like it, but I like it… I guess that's why it's #art
17) Javiera Mena        if this was the 90s, I would give it a chance
18) Azealia Banks        this was a choice. I mean… okay hun
19) Red Velvet        another overrated group… yay
20) Brooke Candy        I mean… okay? Sure?
21) Carly Rae Jepsen        icon. Queen. Legend
22) Unlike Pluto        for a second I misread the artist as ulrikke and got excited… but nah
23) Skip Marley        a song that will probably make it through because of the message over the music. Cool
24) RAYE        could've been a frontrunner, but I feel like it'll be too polarizing in this contest to be a frontrunner
25) Kodaline        I don't like them
26) BANKS        I don't like her
2239 days 6 hours ago
adeleadele
The Sam Willows- Like it's a above average song, but it still seems really basic and safe. I like my basicness so i liked this, but i woulden't play it again
Judah & The Lion- Sorry mom i'm not biased. don't like the vocals and it's not my kind of song.
Marina & The Diamonds- Like it's not really catching my attention and did not make a impact on me, but nice vocals and a solid song tbh.
Sarah Geronimo- Still commenting on my song, it's a masterpiece of a song. Maybe a bit dated for some people's tastes, but i love it. Also BEAUTIFUL language. And also i sent songs that were my fav no matter what the placement, unless they flopped with almost 0 points, sorry russian girl can't send ur entry lol
Jolin Tsai- I don't remember this one but it's iconic omg. I love the throwback dance bop!!
Patrice Roberts- OMG THIS WAS LIKE MY FAV TSC SONG LAST YEAR!!! Such a bop omg!
Dagny- Surprised this only got 13th. It's quite decent tbh. It was nothing like amazing but it was a nice listen. A better ending would of been nice though.
Wiktoria- This was like in my top 10 of the eurovision national selection season last year so i will obvi be giving this a lot of points, amazing song!
Bo Burnham- GOODBYE! I hate this song so much lol
Off Bloom- Like idk nothing clicked here with me. Like a lot of stuff was happening but i was still uninterested, after a minute and a half i got really bored.
SIAMES- It's more on the alternative side, so it's like not usually my thing, but it's good for what it is, I really like the chorus :0
Brequette Cassie- She's kind of overrated, like it's kind of basic. but those vocals like slay!
Molly Kate Kestner- Not as good as i remembered it too be, but it's still a bop, amazing vocals and a amazing chorus, maybe verses could of been better but still really good!
Rhys- I wasent sure about it when it started, but when the drop hit i was like YAS BOP, but still verses are weak.
FOZZY- GOODBYE! Like the oppisite of the kind of songs i like
Loreen- Again in my top 10 of the eurovision national selection season last year, so will get a lot of points from me lol :P Just a complete masterpiece and better than Euphoria, it's going to be hard choice to who i give 12 points too.
Javiera Mena- Idk if i was in this contest but this was really nice tbh! Love the language and the chours is such a bop, took a while to get my attention but when it did like yas!
Azelia Banks- Production is a bit messy. It's not that bad but like not my thing.
Red Velvet- It was not like over the top K Pop more like calming pop which i liked. Very nice listen :)
Brooke Candy Ft Sia- Idk Sia seems out of place in the song, like the vocals don't work together. Yeah not interesting me.
Carly Rae Jepsen- Cut To The Feeling- EEK ALSO LOVE THIS BOP OMG. I CANNOT DECIDE BETWEEN MY TOP 4 LOL.
Unlike Pluto Ft Mike Taylor- Idk how this won, it has a good instrumental, but the lyrics are just awful at the chorus. The chorus is just a mess also lol. not my thing.
Skip Marley- Too much autotune lol. It has a lot of power, but it's a bit political for my tastes (The video)
Raye- This won wtf lol. It kind of just flew by me and i could not remember it at all after i listened to it.
Kodaline- I again could not remember this after listening to it. And the lyrics don't speak to me.
BANKS- This was a very weird, but good song lol! Not sure if i will give it any points but i enjoyed it
2238 days 13 hours ago
rodrigueseve
01) The Sam Willows- My song this song is super important to me so i love it <3
02) Judah & The Lion- Yeah not my type of thing
03) Marina & The Diamonds- I love myself some Marina and while this is far from her best this is still amazing at least for me. Love <3
04) Sarah Geronimo- One of my favs of the year and maybe since I joined, its just so good, the chorus is fantastic, the vocals too. Its just really good and memorable and the language <3
05) Jolin Tsai- This was cheaply catchy. I am very conflicted with this. I hate to like it but I do....
06) Patrice Roberts- probs the worst Patrice has ever sent but its soca so its still fantastic and catchy and so groovy and just overall a good listen
07) Dagny- In any other contest this could snatch a few points but here I think this may not stand out as much as it should. It's fine just a tad bit forgettable I fear
08) Wiktoria- This grew on me to be quite honest, Wiktoria has good vocals as always and the song is a really good one and at least its different so props... Oh wait it is Dallas so fuck this song hate iiiiiit
09) Bo Burnham- Kokichi Oma is that u?
10) Off Bloom- This was weirdly nice. The instrumentation is very odd in this one but it ends up working out. I really don't know how to feel about this one
11) SIAMES- This one was also very pleasent in a different way. I dont know how to describe this type of music just like the Unlike Pluto one but its good
12) Brequette Cassie- Manuel Navarro over this ? Spanishes should death drop but reverse it and drop dead (sorry had to use this Adora quote love my spanish neighbors <3). Anyways, this is really good, the chorus is such a banger....
13) Molly Kate Kestner- This one grows very nicely but it gets too much hype in my opinion. Its good, dont get me wrong but could be better. Still, I like the way it builds and gets complex as it goes
14) Rhys- This snatched my BP win... I mean I love the song so yayyy. I JAM TO THIS
15) FOZZY- Hmmmmm... no, this doesnt please me Jericho isnt a vocalist and this isnt good at all imo. it also drags quite a lot
16) Loreen- This one is also a banger, that she didnt make Melo finals is the true definition of robbery. This song was so good and it has a really epic feel to it.
17) Javiera Mena- I cant remember one single bit of this, I remember it being dark-ish spanish pop and not being bad but clearly didnt stood out much
18) Azealia Banks- This one didnt stand out at all.
19) Red Velvet- This is quite pleasent, I love myself some RV Peek A Boo is a bop and while this is much chiller and less of a banger, I enjoy it nonetheless
20) Brooke Candy- Yeah this is a off grower... Its pretty bleh to me Sias vocals dont fit the song much. Its fine.
21) Carly Rae Jepsen- This one was quite good and I liked it and I dont really am too fond of Carly... But I dont know how I feel about this winning lol
22) Unlike Pluto- This is kinda like SIAMES but even better, I really enjoyed this and now I can see why this one, it really is a good song
23) Skip Marley- This had me bopping tbh, which is surprising given I didn't like the song when it won. Good one, its very different but still has pop vibes and its just amazing
24) RAYE- This one started off not geting me but it ended up well. It builds up really nicely too and the sh part is oddly amazing lol
25) Kodaline- I really liked this one, while it is a little forgettable I loved the song and lyrical content either way. Its really really cute
26) BANKS- What is left to say about this one? Best song I heard in my life, I am still completely obssessed with it as a BANKS fan and this will surely get them points
2238 days 12 hours ago
Yoshitomi
Sam Willows - Take Heart
This was adorably charming. Liked the twang and harmonies. 😊

Judah & The Lion - Take it all back
I remember this one. It was amazing back then and badass now. Why didn't I put this on my iPod? 🤔

Marina and the Diamonds - Blue
I like Marina and the Diamonds but haven't heard this one. 🙊 It sounds like most of their other songs, but I love their other songs so I'm on board.

Sarah Geronimo - Misteryo
WOAH! I have no idea what the message of the song is but I'm entranced. Guess I gotta find a translation if this song reaches the finals (it should).

Jolin Tsai - Fantasy
That's a lotta hair! Same opinion as with the Misteryo song but for the different reason - what is this music video? Either way, I'm also entranced and probably now high. 😨

Patrice Roberts - Big Girl Now
Listening to this with headphones was a bad idea - I thought someone was knocking on my ear! 😂 This seems familiar and as a big girl, I'm jamming out and singing along on the train.
I is a big girl now!

Dagny - Wearing Nothing
What a naughty song title! Oooh that's a nice beat! But ohhhh it reminds me of that scene from The Simpsons where Flanders says he feels like he's nothing at all!

Wiktoria - As I lay me down
She has a powerful voice! That is a talent right there! My oh my.

Bo Burnham - Kill Yourself
Oh an animated video version. I think I'm a lil more forgiving here because the verses do say the right thing - Don't look for life advice from a Katy Perry song. 👍

Off Bloom - Falcon Eye
What is this? The music, the dancing, the shaking-it because they want it all, the horses, the kitty slippers. 😮

SIAMES - The Wolf
Oh hi, me! 🙆

Brequette Cassie - No Enemy
Oh wow! This was powerful and badass! Heyo!

Molly Kate Kestner - Prom Queen
Oh I am not a fan of this. I dunno what it is. Too many cliches? I can tell there's a deep message but it's too formulaic for me. 🙈

Rhys - Last Dance
Gotta love a tune that throws damn in it. This is mediocre but in the best ways.

Fozzy - Judas
Oh I forgot about this one somehow. Holie wow! His voice is amazing! * head bangs *

Loreen - Statements
I know I was in this contest but forgot about how powerful this one is. We don't need hakuna statements!

Javiera Mena - Luz de Piedra de Luna
So much bouncing! And it sounds so serious. Hmm...I don't know how I feel about this one...

Azealia Banks - Soda
There's only one Azealia Banks song that I like...that's still the case. Even with that beat drop which leads into sounding like the one song I actually like.

Red Velvet - Body Talk
This sounds very 80's which is right up my alley! Mmhmm.

Brooke Candy - Living Out Loud (ft. Sia)
This is a spoilt kid's rant disguised as a girl power thing. The music is good though.

Carly Rae Jepsen - Cut To The Feeling
Sometimes you need a dumb fun song. This is a dumb fun song and that makes it perfect.

Unlike Pluto - Everything Black (ft. Mike Taylor)
Wait...everything? Oh that beat drop! Oh this is good! His voice is nice.

Skip Marley - Lions
This is a classic. Incredible. Sadly not enough Pepsi in this video. #NeedsMorePepsi

RAYE - Shhh
I remember this. I am not a fan of the effect on her voice. Ruins a badass tune!

Kodaline - Brother
I don't have a brother but this gave me goosebumps. This is raw and I can feel it right in my soul.

BANKS - Gemini Feed
Am I passive aggressive? Alright, BANKS, you don't even know me! This sounds like a 90's hit song. But nope, it qualifies for TSC. Interesting.
2238 days 12 hours ago
QueenMichelle
01) The Sam Willows - I liked certain elements but I hate when she goes 'do-own' in that weird voice it triggered me but the beat was serving so I don't hate it.
02) Judah & The Lion - The edgy kind of lines that pop up everywhere are annoying first of all but regarding the actual song, it was kind of all over the place with a banjo but then he's screaming so ;/? I am not a fan of this.
03) Marina & The Diamonds - Definitely not the best song off Froot but this is still definitely a bop and I love Marina so this has the only song that I've bopped to thus far.
04) Sarah Geronimo - I think I like this. There's nothing bout it that jumps out at me and makes me wanna love it I appreciate it for what it is, beautiful voice btw.
05) Jolin Tsai - She's serving in the video but as for the song itself I'm not really loving it, tbh... I love a good clap in the build up but something about this just isn't making me want to replay it at all.
06) Patrice Roberts - There's no way you CAN'T like this, it just makes you feel good tbh. I bopped to it, I remember this and I think I like it more now.
07) Dagny - Oh FUCK yes. The vibe of this song is what I live for and just the entire production in general, this has so much replay value for someone listening to for a first time, I replayed this so much and here still I am still loving it. A real contender tbh.
08) Wiktoria - Oh my god I remember this, I fucking LOVE this. I replayed this a lot and now coming back to it it's slaying me so much! I just love the production and this style actually, I dig it.
09) Bo Burnham - I wish this was funny, it was clearly sent trying to be funny, but most definitely flopped in that aspect. No ma'am.
10) Off Bloom - That opening snatched my wig instantly, but it wasn't really SLAYING me after that until the beat actually CAME in, I loved that part. But then back to mediocrity. The verses definitely need more for me. It's good though.
11) SIAMES - It wasn't awful but there isn't much I can say about this because if I could define mediocrity with a song it'd be this. I don't hate it though, there's some good bits.
12) Brequette Cassie - I don't remember this song at all.. I needed more! I love the elements of this but they all needed to go off more, the beat needed to be more prominent in the chorus and she needs to BELT, but the foundation is there so I suppose issa decent song. Oh she finally belted near the end. Thank you sis, thank you.
13) Molly Kate Kestner - OH YESSSSS. I always remember this because it's fucking phenomenal. This could literally win the entire fucking contest and I would NOT be mad. The chorus is the best, definitely, but the lyrics literally everywhere are so great.
14) Rhys - Trust me when I say I replayed the FUCK outta this, lmfao! Listening to it now, it's definitely not as good as I remember it but I partially blame that on my relentless replaying of this song. I still love the build up and the chorus. That production. I fucking STAN!
15) FOZZY - Hmm... I like rock in.. some cases but this just isn't for me! I appreciate his voice but like it really doesn't do anything for me at all.
16) Loreen - Oh we've arrived at the definition of a robbed queen in 2017. She deserved to be in Eurovision with this and this should've won the contest it was in, I have replayed this so much in a year and it NEVER. gets old. It's just a fucking amazing song and I love the message as well. Suppose we can make up for it by making it win this entire contest!
17) Javiera Mena - I don't remember this one either but believe me when I say I was bopping to this! I really like pretty much everything about it, especially that chorus tho... just good vibes tbh.
18) Azealia Banks - Oh FUCK yes. BWET is such a good album and it's slept on so much and this song in particular never ceases from snatching my wig and guess what? I was still dewigged from this! It better do well. *bops*
19) Red Velvet - Oh this is one of the better K-POP songs definitely. I like the different elements of this, most especially the chorus! I truly hope this moves on to the final. It's one of the better songs here.
20) Brooke Candy - YESSSSSSSSSS. This fucking song ya'll. It always slays for me and I love how well Brooke Candy & Sia work together, atleast IMO. Defo has replay value for me. I bopped, am bopping and will be bopping to this! Fucking anthem!
21) Carly Rae Jepsen - Wow, Carly Slay Jepsen came for my wig on this very day. It is such a bop! I have to say I did love it a LOT more when I heard it first, but still I love it.
22) Unlike Pluto - I never understood why this won the contest when the only thing I love about it is the bit where his voice goes away and the beat comes in to slay us all. But that's really the only part I like and that's not enough to redeem it.
23) Skip Marley - When I heard this first, I definitely didn't expect to like it as much as I did. I liked it more back then but even now I really appreciate the message and think the chorus with the echoing is fucking amazing and gives chills.
24) RAYE - Low-key still bitter that Rick snagged this from me in that contest, but I suppose I'll remain semi-unbothered. It's really a good song and I haven't heard this style before I heard this and AFTER I heard this, either. I think I liked it way more back then, now it's just like a good song to me, I wouldn't listen to it in my own time I don't think.
25) Kodaline - I appreciate the message in this song but I can't say I enjoyed this particularly, I suppose it's alright but I wouldn't listen again.
26) BANKS - It IS a good song, but I don't think it should've beat Statements, just my opinion. I still think this will do well tho. I do dig it.
2238 days 11 hours ago
ricktworick1
Closed. Announcing finalists soon.
2238 days 11 hours ago
ricktworick1
IT IS TIME TO ANNOUNCE THE 12 FINALISTS FROM SEMI FINAL 1
2238 days 11 hours ago
ricktworick1
The order of the artists qualifying to TSC Best of Finale is random.
2238 days 11 hours ago
ricktworick1
Our first finalist is...

Wiktoria!
2238 days 11 hours ago
Patrick319
not surprised
2238 days 11 hours ago
ricktworick1
The second act to qualify to finals is...

Off Bloom!
2238 days 11 hours ago
Patrick319
talent
2238 days 11 hours ago
ricktworick1
Third artist we will see in finals...

Molly Kate Kestner!
2238 days 11 hours ago
Patrick319
prom queen

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!