01) The Sam Willows- Very stylistically confusing because it features pop, gives me a bit of country/folk vibes, EDM and soft rock. Good dynamics.
02) Judah & The Lion- I appreciate the ukulele sound, but the talking singing is very off putting for me. This reminds me of a low rent version of a Mumford & Sons song.
03) Marina & The Diamonds- Brought an instant smile to my face. This ticks off all the boxes for a good TSC entry for me. Serving disco fish realness.
04) Sarah Geronimo- I thought this was going to be so extra with all those runs in the beginning, but it was a much more controlled vocal than I expected. Okay, spoke too soon because that ending was unnecessary vocal gymnastics..overkill.
05) Jolin Tsai- This is basic and generic even for Kpop.
06) Patrice Roberts- YASSSSS! I couldn’t stop dancing to this. This is superb! Carly Rae Jepsen beat this…choices.
07) Dagny- POP GODDESS ICON. CARLY RAE JEPSEN WHO? MILEY IS SHOOK. MARIAH CAREY WAS FOUND DEAD. XTINA WISHES. MOVE OVER BRITNEY, IT’S DAGNY BITCH!
08) Wiktoria- This country pop hybrid is very catchy. Dynamically, I wish she had more soft vocal parts (there was that one part near the end that satisfied me a bit) because it felt like she was belting most of it.
09) Bo Burnham- To quote myself from TSC 281, “I wanted it to end the second that it started.”
10) Off Bloom- Interesting background instrumentals, I’m really into the ethnic sounds. It started getting very confusing with all the different sound overlays. The subwoofer sound during some of verses was also off-putting.
11) SIAMES- It didn’t grab my full attention, it was just background noise after awhile.
12) Brequette Cassie- I think I like this more this time than I did in its original contest. It sounds much more powerful than I remember it being. I like the bit of grit she has in some of the vocals.
13) Molly Kate Kestner- I really like her vocals in the chorus. Her vocals in the verses aren’t as strong and if I could I would skip over them. I like how angsty this is.
14) Rhys- That instrumental is EVERYTHING I needed and wanted and didn’t deserve. Solid entry.
15) FOZZY- I didn’t like it the first month and I most certainly do not like it this time. It’s so loud.
16) Loreen- The chorus sounds like an anthem, the “mumbling” in the verses killed the vibe. I have mixed feelings about this.
17) Javiera Mena- If I could compare this to a food, it would be a cracker. Bland and generic.
18) Azealia Banks- This is the first song of hers that I could through without wanting to immediately hit next. I kind of liked this.
19) Red Velvet- It’s nice to hear Kpop that isn’t annoying. Middle of the pack entry.
20) Brooke Candy- Sia is my kryptonite. This song has split personalities, but it works for me.
21) Carly Rae Jepsen- Not my favorite CRJ song, but she’s an icon. Buy EMOTION on iTunes.
22) Unlike Pluto- Following the gay icon Carly Rae Jepsen is a tough spot to be in, even tougher when the song isn’t good anyways.
23) Skip Marley- This has a good vibe to it and amazing rhythm.
24) RAYE- I don’t like the rushed/fast vocal, it’s different, but it doesn’t work for me. Especially with that background music, it sounded like the noise I associate with a migraine.
25) Kodaline- I feel like for a song that was trying to be emotional, it was too upbeat.
26) BANKS- This sounds like something I would listen to if I was stoned, but I’m feeling it.
Tengaged.com is an online social site and it's not affiliated with Suzanne Collins, Scholastic, Lionsgate Entertainment, Endemol, Big Brother TV show or any other party related to the social games that can be found in this site. All icons, trademarks and logos are property of their respective owners.