This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

How to Role Play

Topic » How to Role Play

1435 days 1 hour ago
Sith
Now that you have picked the show you want to be on, you are happy with your role, you have picked a character [polyvore outfits, gifs, and pics], and talked to the show host about what their mission is you are ready for the final part of the how to... HOW TO ACT!

Now, this is NOT I repeat NOT a concrete way to do things! it is just the way that I have done shows and it has worked out pretty awesome for me :D

ALRIGHT!

Lets start with some basics, how to post things!

-anything posted between 2 * is an action
Examples
*walks down the street*
*sips coffee*
*sits on the couch*
*opens the door*

-anything posted between 2 ^ is a thought in your characters head, this means nobody else's characters can hear this but people can still see it
Example
^I wish this girl would brush her teeth^
^Ugh I feel so fat today^
^I think I left my money at home :X^

-anything posted between ( and ) is talk OUTSIDE the game. If you want to talk to another cast member but have it not pertain to the story you would use these
Example
(Hi i'm a little late, where are we?)
(Is Andrea still online?)
(where did you find that gif?)

-if you want to talk in the show just post it like a normal sentence
Hey, are you new?
I like those shoes!
Can we talk?

ALRIGHT!! now you know the different ways to communicate in shows, lets work on what you should say/do

For shows that are very open and without rules almost anything goes. You can go on adventures, fight monsters, have babies, have sex, do drugs, almost anything goes [as long as it pertains to the theme]

For shows that have guidelines or rules it will usually not fit into the story to be having babies or getting attacked by a killer [unless that is the theme] For these shows your character will need to lead a more realistic life. This includes things like
-Going to the gym
-going to go eat
-attending parties
-hanging out with friends
-going to movies

Basically anything you do in your real life, you can do in the show!

Now I saved this part for last :X

RELATIONSHIPS!

They happen in shows with rules and shows without rules, but there are BIG BIG differences!

Relationships with no rules: In shows with almost no rules you can pretty much do whatever you want, have sex all day, start dating on the first day you meet, have kids, etc. It is almost a free for all LOL

Relationships with rules: In my opinion relationships on shows that have rules are more exciting :D In these shows your characters have to get to know each other before dating, having sex, things of that nature. This makes for a more enjoyable experience because you still get to be part of the show

CUDDLE/CUT-OFF SYNDROME

now, some people dont like to take it slow and get to know the other characters before dating. I call this the cuddle/cut-off syndrome

The two people end up always being together and getting cut off from the rest of the cast, and in the end the show :/ I have witnessed many people be removed from shows because of this very thing! If you decide to have your character have sex please... please for the love of GOD keep it classy -.-

NOBODY! and I mean NOBODY!!!!! wants to read things like "slides into her" or "gets f***** hard on the bed*

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT DO THIS!!

if you really need to have sex, then just do it like "Sexy time" or "Gets it in"

if you really feel the need to be descriptive, take it to tengaged mail and try to not get banned LOL!

open group

Tengaged Wives

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!