This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Challenge 12

Topic » Challenge 12

1510 days 11 hours ago
RShowFreak
Your next challenge will be LIVE on WEDNESDAY, March 4th.   Please discuss times you want and can hopefully all agree on for WEDNESDAY.

If you cannot all agree within 24 hours then I will choose a time based on times stated here.

After this challenge there will be no Vault Vote as the winner of this challenge will get to void the check of ANY OF THE OTHER THREE PLAYERS.

High stakes so try and figure out a time.

Good luck.
1510 days 11 hours ago
jman96
I can do it 9 est pm or anytime after that.
1510 days 11 hours ago
EmzThorne
Anything after 6
1510 days 3 hours ago
rodrigueseve
I would rather a 9pm time so I can go out for a little with friends and come back
1509 days 22 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
9 is ok with me
1508 days 9 hours ago
RShowFreak
This will be Wednesday at 9:15 pm est
1506 days 15 hours ago
jman96
hi
1506 days 15 hours ago
RShowFreak
We will begin in a moment.
1506 days 15 hours ago
RShowFreak
Who is here?
1506 days 15 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
here
1506 days 15 hours ago
jman96
here
1506 days 15 hours ago
RShowFreak
Tonight you will be playing Quoridor.

Quoridor is played on a game board of 81 square spaces (9x9). Each player is represented by a pawn which begins at the center space of one edge of the board. The objective for today is to be the first player to move their pawn to any space on the opposite side of the gameboard from which it begins.

The distinguishing characteristic of Quoridor is its twenty walls. Walls are flat two-space-wide pieces which can be placed in the groove that runs between the spaces. Walls block the path of all pawns, which must go around them. The walls are divided equally among the players at the start of the game, and once placed, cannot be moved or removed. Thus, each player will have 5 walls.

On a turn, a player may either:

1. Move their pawn
2. Place a wall if they have any left

Pawns can be moved to an adjacent space (left, right, forward, backward) (not diagonally), or, if adjacent to another pawn, jump over that pawn. If an adjacent pawn has a third pawn or a wall on the other side of it, the player may move to any space that is immediately adjacent to other adjacent pawns.

Walls can be placed directly between two spaces, in any groove not already occupied by a wall. However, a wall may not be placed which cuts off the only remaining path of any pawn to the side of the board it must reach.  So when placing a wall say which 4 spaces the wall touches so for example

A2, B2, A3, B3

and say if the wall is horizontal or vertical.

There will be no time limit on moves but if you take too long you will be skipped.  If you are skipped you will be penalized by either losing a wall or if you have no walls, automatically being moved one space further from your finish.

Link for more info and VISUALS on the game board, etc.:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quoridor

The first player to reach their opposite side of the board will win this challenge and be guaranteed a spot in the Final Three. They will become the Paymaster and have the power to eliminate ANY of the remaining 3 players.

Any questions?
1506 days 15 hours ago
jman96
I dreaded the day that i finally get to play this challenge. and tonight, it happens. this is not gonna be fun.
1506 days 15 hours ago
SurvivorFan37
gotcha
1506 days 15 hours ago
RShowFreak
I will edit it as we go.

You can post moves here whether it be moving or placing a wall.

open group

RSF Season 52: War of the Worlds

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!