This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Challenge 11

Topic » Challenge 11

2017 days 1 hour ago
RShowFreak
Welcome to your next challenge, Big Deal Trade.

This will be a mash-up of 2 classic RSF challenges, one that is known as one of the most infamous in RSF History.

In Part 1 of the challenge you will each be given 8 cards with each representing a resource:

Gold, Steel, Wood, Water, Oil, Rice, Coal, Diamond

Each resource is valued at a different point value.

Part 1 will last 24 hours and during that time you can trade resources with other players.  The more you have of each resource the more points you will stack since for every extra resource you have of the same type, that point value will double with the max out value being if you have all 8 cards of one resource.

When making trades you can trade unevenly meaning 1 card in exchange for 2 cards, etc.  To trade both participants in a trade must MAIL ME the phrase:

TRADES (all resource cards you are trading) IN EXCHANGE FOR (all resource cards you are receiving) with (PLAYER'S EXACT USERNAME you are trading with)

In that mail you must include me AND the person you are trading with.

Each resource is valued as such:

500 - Diamond
400 - Gold
350 - Oil
300 - Steel
250 - Water
200 - Rice
100 - Coal
50 - Wood

So if you have 2 Diamonds then you will earn the price of one diamond (500) that is doubled ONCE for the 2nd Diamond meaning those 2 cards are worth 1000 points.  If you have 3 Diamonds then that is worth 2000 points.  That means the max of 8 Diamonds represents 64000 points.

At the end of Stage 1, I will reveal point tallies and what each individual holds.

Stage 2 will take after one of the most controversial moments in RSF History, the Big Deal Game.  You will each randomly select 1 of 8 combos that will consist of several resources.  That combo will also have a total point value.  It is then up to you to divide that total point value between players holding those resources.  So if the combo has 3 resources worth 1000 points then you divide the 1000 points between 3 people (1 person per resource) with the only stipulation being those people have those resources.  However, when you divide it ALL INVOLVED PLAYERS must AGREE on the point distribution.  If that is the case then those points are earned.  If they do not agree, then you must re-negotiate.  That is because if you cannot get an agreement by the deadline of Stage 2 (explained later) then you will LOSE the points the combo you hold is worth.

At the end of Stage 2, the PAIR with the most points (points of each individual combined) will be ELIGIBLE for the win.  From within that pair, the INDIVIDUAL with the most points will win this challenge, earn 100 Leaderboard points and be safe from Elimination.  So it is NOT just the individual with the most points.  It is the individual with the most points who is in the PAIR with the most total points who will win.

The person with the least points that is IN THE PAIR WITH THE LEAST TOTAL POINTS will finish in Last Place.  They will lose 20% of their Leaderboard points.  They will NOT be guaranteed to be in Elimination but they will be penalized in the Elimination Selection Process.

The Elimination Selection Process will be described after the winner is determined.

So for now you have 24 hours, until TOMORROW (Thursday) at 3:15 am est to make any trades you wish to potentially increase your points.

Currently everyone has 1 of each Resource Card.

If you have any questions or clarifications, feel free to ask whenever and I will do my best to address them.

Good luck.
2016 days ago
RShowFreak
Part 1 has ended.
2016 days ago
RShowFreak
Current Stage 1 Results:

21700        nbkiller
11250        Ethan000
8050        Piddu
4300        Lalisa
1950        aiwfwyattroh
1850        awwsum11
1700        splozojames50
50        FrenchMaid

Current Resources:

FrenchMaid - Wood

splozojames50 - Diamond        Oil        Coal        Coal        Coal        Coal        Wood

awwsum11 - Diamond        Gold        Steel        Rice        Rice        Coal        Coal        Wood

aiwfwyattroh - Diamond        Oil        Steel        Water        Rice        Rice        Coal        Wood

Lalisa - Diamond        Diamond        Diamond        Diamond        Rice        Coal

Piddu - Diamond        Gold        Gold        Gold        Gold        Gold        Steel        Rice        Rice        Rice        Wood

Ethan000 - Oil        Oil        Oil        Oil        Oil        Oil        Wood

nbkiller - Steel        Steel        Steel        Steel        Steel        Water        Water        Water        Water        Water        Water        Water        Gold        Gold        Wood        Wood
2016 days ago
RShowFreak
It is time for Stage 2.

The combos available for Stage 2 are:

1000        Coal        Rice        Steel               
2000        Wood        Gold        Wood               
3000        Steel        Water        Rice        Water       
4000        Rice        Oil        Gold        Oil       
5000        Diamond        Gold        Diamond        Oil       
6000        Rice        Oil        Coal        Water       
7000        Coal        Steel        Coal        Steel        Wood
8000        Gold        Diamond        Diamond        Wood        Water

They have been randomly assigned a number 1 to 8.

All of you must now ASAP choose a number 1 to 8 which is assigned to one of the combos.  When 7 of the 8 players choose a number (thus all 8 are assigned one) I will reveal who has what combo and it will be up to you to negotiate with other players on how you want to divide the assigned point value between all those included.

To be clear you can only assign 1 player per resource in the combo and no player can have more than 1 resource in a combo.  That means if the combo you get has 3 resources, you need to divide the point value between 3 people in total.  So for example for the 1st one you need to divide 2000 points between 3 people (1 of them has Coal, 1 has Rice and 1 has Steel).  You are allowed to choose yourself.  You must mail me the point distribution and include those involved in the combo.  All those involved must AGREE to the distribution and must mail me so.  If at least one player does not agree then you must renegotiate and find a way to arrange your combo to get an agreement.

If you think you cannot get an agreement that all players you involve agree to then you may choose to FORFEIT THE COMBO.  In that scenario no one will earn those points.

Once I reveal who has what combo, you will have 24 hours to complete a combo.  If you do not complete it by the deadline then it is an automatic FORFEIT for the combo.
2015 days 23 hours ago
awwsum11
“That is because if you cannot get an agreement by the deadline of Stage 2 (explained later) then you will LOSE the points the combo you hold is worth“.

“If you think you cannot get an agreement that all players you involve agree to then you may choose to FORFEIT THE COMBO.  In that scenario no one will earn those points”.

So do you lose them as in they are deducted from your score or do they just go away?
2015 days 23 hours ago
awwsum11
I also choose 8
2015 days 23 hours ago
Lalisa
2015 days 23 hours ago
splozojames50
2015 days 22 hours ago
RShowFreak
@awwsum

They just go away. They are NOT deducted from your score
2015 days 21 hours ago
Piddu
2015 days 21 hours ago
Ethan000
2015 days 20 hours ago
nbkiller
2015 days 19 hours ago
FrenchMaid
2015 days 11 hours ago
aiwfwyattroh
2015 days 9 hours ago
RShowFreak
Based on the randomly decided numbers chosen the combos are assigned as such

FrenchMaid.  1000        Coal        Rice        Steel               
Piddu.  2000        Wood        Gold        Wood               
nbkiller.  3000        Steel        Water        Rice        Water       
Ethan000.  4000        Rice        Oil        Gold        Oil       
Lalisa.    5000        Diamond        Gold        Diamond        Oil       
splozojames50.  6000        Rice        Oil        Coal        Water       
aiwfwyattroh.  7000        Coal        Steel        Coal        Steel        Wood
awwsum11.  8000        Gold        Diamond        Diamond        Wood        Water

You have until TOMORROW (Friday) at 11:59 PM est which is 28.5 hours from now to assign the points in your combos and have everyone involved agree otherwise it is forfeited.

Good luck
2015 days 9 hours ago
RShowFreak
To be clear, If you suggest a new deal put in place in which one of the involved players has not yet responded to a previous deal you MUST inform them with myself included in the mail that the previous deal is no longer under consideration

So if you want to change a deal and not everyone has responded you must let everyone in the previous deal that is involved know with me tagged in the mail that that particular deal is no longer valid

open group

RSF Season 52: War of the Worlds

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!