This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Challenge 10

Topic » Challenge 10

1999 days 17 hours ago
RShowFreak
Welcome to your next challenge, Maze Madness.

In this challenge, you and your partner must both be online to compete and must do so with myself online.

My availability is as such until the deadline:

TODAY: Anytime
Monday: Anytime after 1:15 am est
Tuesday: Anytime after 1:15 am est
Wednesday: Anytime

For this challenge, you and your partner will navigate a 10 x 10 maze in order to find and complete 4 checkpoints.  When in a room in the maze you will be given directions you can go such as Up, Down, Left and Right.  When moving through the maze it will be as if you are looking from above and you will NEVER TURN so the Up direction will ALWAYS point towards the top of the maze.  Each checkpoint within the maze is a different task you must complete.  When you have completed all checkpoints to exit the maze, you and your partner must simply be on the same space in the maze.

It is very simple, BUT how will we determine the rankings?  It will be a mixture of TIME and MOVES.

Your run in the maze will be judged on 3 criteria:

1. Time completing the checkpoints (Time will start when you get a checkpoint rules and will stop when you finish a checkpoint) (FASTEST TIME IS BEST)
2. Total number of moves made in the maze (Total of each individual's number of moves) (SMALLEST NUMBER OF MOVES IS BEST)
3. Difference in number of moves made by you and your partner (The difference between the total number of moves each member of a pair made) (SMALLEST DIFFERENCE IS BEST)

For each criteria you will be ranked 1st to 5th with 1st getting 5 points and 5th getting 1 point.  You will earn points for each of the 3 judgments and your final point total will determine your placements.  The point total will vary from 15-3 and in the event of a tie, whoever did better in criteria 1 as listed above (time) will win and so on.

When running the maze, you can do so on Skype so we move faster but all checkpoint rules and answers must be sent on Tengaged.  Any questions or clarifications can be done on Skype.

When moving in the maze if you know multiple directions you want to go at once you can send me multiple directions such as Up, Up, Left but keep in mind each one does still count as a move.  If in that process you send me a move that is not possible then that part simply does not count.

The pair with the most points will win this challenge.  That pair will earn safety from Elimination, earn 75 Leaderboard points each and have the power to choose any other pair to send into Elimination.

The pair with the least points will finish in Last Place.  That pair will lose 10% of their Leaderboard points and face the next Elimination.

You will have until WEDNESDAY night/THURSDAY early morning to finish.  There is no hard deadline but make sure to discuss with your partner and get it done.

Good luck.
1999 days 17 hours ago
RShowFreak
ALSO TO BE CLEAR, SHARING OF INFORMATION BETWEEN PAIRS IS NOT ALLOWED.

That means you cannot share information such as checkpoints, maze configurations, etc.

If you attempt to share you will be HEAVILY PENALIZED and the person who ratted you out will be REWARDED.
1999 days 16 hours ago
RShowFreak
It is not required to schedule times but it is helpful so I know when to be ready
1999 days 16 hours ago
RShowFreak
When giving points in a criteria, if there is a tie then the tied teams receive the same points.

So if two tied for 1st they each get 5 points then the next team gets 3
1999 days 14 hours ago
Piddu
AFTER 1 AM? WTF. so u arent available that day. after 1 am is not availability df
1999 days 14 hours ago
splozojames50
then do the challenge today or wednesday
1999 days 14 hours ago
Piddu
We will be doing it TONIGHT.

Rshow does 10 pm work for you?

Also how long do you think itll take because my internet gets cut after 1 am so...
1999 days 13 hours ago
RShowFreak
Whenever you and your partner want to play just message me here but I am more likely to see on Skype.

How long it takes is up to you, no estimate from me since it depends how you do
1999 days 13 hours ago
semajdude
Tbt to when ethan and i crushed this challenge
I hope u feel bad
1999 days 13 hours ago
Ethan000
:(
1999 days 9 hours ago
aiwfwyattroh
Oof
1996 days 9 hours ago
RShowFreak
Unscramble

In order to complete this checkpoint you must unscramble 3 lines of letters which when put together form a sentence.  Each line will say how many words those letters unscramble to make and the lines are given in the order of the sentence.

When you send me the correct sentence your time stops.

AAEGINORTUVY (2 words)
AGHHORTUWY (2 words)
AEEHIMNOTTWZ (4 words)
1996 days 9 hours ago
RShowFreak
GIF

Below is a link to a GIF which will flash many colors in sequence.  There are also words which will help tell you when the GIF starts and when it will restart.  Your goal is simply to tell me how many different colors make up the GIF.  If a color repeats it still only counts as 1.  So if you see the color Blue several times, it still only counts as 1 color, Blue.  You must send in your guess for how many colors are in the GIF.  Every incorrect guess will add TEN MINUTES to your time so guess wisely.

https://imgflip.com/gif/2jls74
1996 days 9 hours ago
RShowFreak
Speed

This is very simple.  You must message me on Skype the numbers 1 to 250 in SEPARATE POSTS, 1 number at a time in numerical order.  If you send any numbers in the wrong order you MUST start over.  If I catch you changing/editing a post if you messed up you will receive a 1 HOUR PENALTY to your time AND 100 moves added to your total so no cheating.  When I get all numbers and you mail me here you finished your time has stopped.
1996 days 9 hours ago
RShowFreak
Trailer Math

Below is the link to a trailer for Avengers: Infinity War.  It is known as having the most views in a trailer within the first 24 hours.  You must watch the video and count one simple thing: How many named characters are shown in the trailer?  However there are some criteria for it to count:

1. You must be able to see their full/majority of their face.
2. They must be the ONLY full face within the shot to count.
3. If a character is at different times both IN COSTUME and OUT OF COSTUME they still count as 1.

If you have any questions on clarifications you may ask me. 

When you send me the correct answer then your time stops.  But beware because each INCORRECT GUESS will add TEN MINUTES to your time.
1996 days 9 hours ago
RShowFreak
To begin there was a discrepancy given for the Trailer checkpoint by the last team to attempt it.  The answer I had was 13 but given the discrepancy and a double check, 14 was the correct answer.  So to correct, any teams who got 13 as their answer before 14 will have their 13 judged correctly due to my mistake.  Any teams who guessed 14 before 13 and were told they were incorrect had their time adjusted to the 14 submission and any penalty time deducted.

As you know you all had the same checkpoints and for the maze, you had the same configuration but rotated and/or flipped with the checkpoints rotating or flipping along with the maze.

open group

RSF Season 52: War of the Worlds

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!