This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Final Challenge Info

Topic » Final Challenge Info

2189 days 20 hours ago
RShowFreak
Nopdong and Madong

You have battled it out all season and it all comes down to this.  You will now participate in a 5 part Final Challenge known as The Final Stand.

I can now reveal the Final Leaders are Gaiaphagee for Madong and wuau for Nopdong.

Each part of the Final can be done in any order and will be completed by a specific number of contestants.  You will have a week to complete all parts with the results revealed next Saturday (April 28th).

The Final will consist of the following parts:

Part 1 - Pyramid Scheme (ALL PLAYERS): The 3 players will build as many pyramids as possible within their Society group with each pyramid requiring 3 parts (1 part per player) with each player responsible for 1 part aka phrase.  You will alternate posting these phrases to make as many pyramids as possible.  This will begin when the Final officially starts TOMORROW (Saturday) and will last until the deadline ends meaning it will last roughly 1 week.  It will ultimately be up to you to determine how much effort to put in as you will not know how the other Society is doing until the results are revealed.  The Society who builds the most pyramids will win this Part for their Society.

Part 2 - Blokus (TWO PLAYERS): 2 members of each team will participate as chosen by the Leader with the remaining player competing in Part 3.  For this part it will be LIVE with the 4 players (2 per team) competing in an RSF Classic: Blokus.  The rules and an example of a finished game board is shown in this link:

https://tengaged.com/group/2680-rsf-season-46-society-game/forum/topic/20719391/4

These rules will be used with one change: Each individual plays with their move having to connect to the last piece they placed on their previous turn and NOT any of their pieces as shown in the game.  This can be played at any point when all 4 agree and I can be present for it.  The PAIR who earn the most points combined will win this Part for their Society.

Part 3 - Manic Mind (ONE PLAYER): 1 member of each team will participate as chosen by the Leader with the remaining 2 players competing in Part 2.  This will be played individually with me.  In this challenge you will face a relay of 5 different puzzles.  You will not know the puzzle types until you play each with each puzzle's rules revealed before you attempt it.  When you start you must play all 5 puzzles with the player who solves all puzzles in the fastest time.  This will be played individually and can be played any time starting MONDAY until the deadline.  The player who finishes in the fastest time will win this Part for their Society.

Part 4 - Leap of Fate (TWO PLAYERS - The 2 Players who are NOT the Leader) - Both members will compete over a span of 12 hours when they both choose.  They will stand on opposite sides of a circle with a rotating arm spinning around the circle.  They will have to compete via Tengaged mail.  They will start with BOTH mailing me the phrase:

BEGINS LEAP OF FATE

Their time will begin from the timestamp of the mail the 2ND person sends the phrase to me and will last up to 12 hours after that mail.  The way it works is they will alternate jump periods.  During a jump period the player who is up must mail me the phrase:

JUMPS OVER BAR

The time of a jump period will be 7 to 9 minutes before the previous mail made by your teammate.  This means after both mail me the starting phrase whoever mailed me the starting phrase FIRST will be the person who has the first jump period.  If you mail me the phrase either too early or too late in the jump period you will FALL and be out of the challenge.  Your teammate will be ALLOWED to continue but with a larger wait time since it will take the same amount of time for the bar to get back to them.  This means if we are down to 1 member they must wait 14 to 16 minutes from the last mail THEY sent.  This can be played at ANY TIME when the Final starts to the deadline.  The pair that has the most total number of jumps will win this Part for their Society. 

Part 5 - Lead by Example (ONE PLAYER - The 1 player who is the Final Leader) - Both Leaders will participate in 3 competitions you have faced this season: Black and White, Bluffing Battleship, Russian Janggi.  Bluffing Battleship will be 1 round.  Black and White as well as Russian Janggi will be best of 9 matches.  All matches can be played at different times but both must be played when I can be online and whenever both Leaders agree.  The order you play the competitions will be up to the Leaders.  Whoever wins at least 2 of the 3 competitions will win this Part for their Society.

The Final Challenge will start TONIGHT (Saturday) at 10 pm est and will last 1 week with the deadline being Saturday, April 28th at 10 pm est when we will reveal the results and crown the winners of RSF Season 46: Society Game!

The Leaders will have until the start of the Final Challenge to decide who participates in Parts 2 and 3 of the Final Challenge and once it is sent the decision is final.

Good luck.
2189 days 17 hours ago
Gaiaphagee
How do we build the pyramid? What do we need to post?
2189 days 11 hours ago
RShowFreak
It'll be posted when the final starts tonight.
2188 days 23 hours ago
RShowFreak
The Final Challenge is on and has begun.

The phrases for Part 1 are:

1: SETS UP PYRAMID AREA
2: GATHERS PYRAMID BLOCKS
3: BUILDS PYRAMID

I will make the thread in each Society and you can start whenever.

For any LIVE sections my availability is very limited.  Most days I am only available later at night (after 11 pm est on Sunday, after 11:59 pm est on Monday and Tuesday, after 10 pm est on Thursday and Friday) but Wednesday is the day I am available all day.

I can reveal Madong has NOT YET sent who is participating in what Part by the deadline thus Madong will earn a penalty in this Final Challenge in that for Parts 2 and 5, Nopdong will determine the order in the games.  In addition, Madong cannot start Part 1 until I receive this distribution from the Leader thus giving Nopdong more time.  More penalties will be given the longer it takes Madong's Leader to send the distribution.
2188 days 22 hours ago
RShowFreak
I have now received the lists and Madong can start Part 1.

But the penalties of choosing the order for Parts 2 and 5 going to Nopdong will stand.

I can reveal that Parts 2 and 3 are as follows:

Part 2:

Gaiaphagee and harrywasnak   vs.   wuau and Patrick319

Part 3:

nick9811   vs.   Novamax243
2188 days 22 hours ago
Gaiaphagee
tomorrow after 930 pm
Monday - Friday  ANYTIME
2188 days 22 hours ago
Gaiaphagee
For Blokus, are the bonus points still in play?
2188 days 22 hours ago
Gaiaphagee
also what does this mean

“Each individual plays with their move having to connect to the last piece they placed on their previous turn and NOT any of their pieces as shown in the game.”
2188 days 22 hours ago
RShowFreak
Yes to bonus points

In the previous versions players could play a piece connected to ANY of their own previous pieces but now you must branch out from the last piece you played
2188 days 22 hours ago
Gaiaphagee
Oh ok. Cool
2184 days 23 hours ago
RShowFreak
If players in LIVE Matchups do not agree on a time before the deadline then that part will be deemed null and void with now inner BUT any player who has ANY PART of the Final they do not participate in but are required to will be BANNED from the next RSF Season, potentially 2.

In addition, they will be under consideration to be DISQUALIFIED from the season in the Finals and even if their Society wins they will NOT be crowned winner but DQ.

It is up to you all to agree on a point to run this Final within the deadline because you have had at least a week to do so and were informed of my scheduling availability when it started.

So get it done.
2183 days ago
RShowFreak
I will be available tonight around 45 minutes from now. I'm on my way home now. Any live parts can begin then
2183 days ago
Gaiaphagee
Ok
2182 days 23 hours ago
harrywasnak
are we doing blokus?
2182 days 23 hours ago
Gaiaphagee
Rshow should be home Soon
2182 days 23 hours ago
RShowFreak
I'll be ready in a few minutes

open group

RSF Season 52: War of the Worlds

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!