This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TkI14 Behind-the-Scenes: Week 8

Topic » TkI14 Behind-the-Scenes: Week..

3061 days 10 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Deadline: Sunday December 13th 9:59 PM EST

Themes:

Theme #1 - Songs from the British Isles... (original artist must be from Ireland, UK... etc.)

Theme #2 - Get out of the US and UK... since most submissions have been based on artists from the UK and US, this one it has to be from a non-US/UK artist.
3061 days 6 hours ago
americanidolfan
Ooo! Interesting choices! When are the results of last week being posted?
3060 days 11 hours ago
TolisKalkas
Waiting on (at least) 1 more response, I was told was coming tonight
3060 days 7 hours ago
americanidolfan
Could we maybe extend the deadline, I don't want to record my songs until I have had my critique and know if I'm through or not
3055 days 14 hours ago
EnglishBB
If I was lucky enough to get through I just want to check it would be OK to sing a Justin Bieber song for theme 2 as he is Canadian? Thanks
3055 days 11 hours ago
TolisKalkas
No, Justin Bieber doesn't classify as an artist. If we were talking about non-US/UK piles of shit then it would qualify :)
3055 days 5 hours ago
nbkiller
^^^ shots fired
3054 days 17 hours ago
EnglishBB
hahaha I used to have that view but love his latest music! Thanks for the clarification.
3050 days 17 hours ago
americanidolfan
Can I perform a cover from a non Uk/US artist? I really want to sing First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Celine Dion (originally sung by Roberta Flack). Would this be ok?
3050 days 14 hours ago
EnglishBB
Ok so I am delighted to be through for another week and really really want to get through to the final now. Unfortunately, I don't think these are my best recordings to date and I have had real difficulty finding the right songs this week even though the themes are broad. It is the hardest I have worked though and have tried recording over 10songs but decided on these two. I have gone with these as they are both really current (Which some of my other song choices haven't been) and songs I love listening to. I hope they are enough to get me through as there is one song I really really want to sing in this competition but it is by a US artist so it would be a dream to sing it in the final. Thanks for your time, good luck everyone!

Theme 1: Take Me Home by Jess Glynne. I really struggled to begin with singing the low notes in the verses but I have given it my best shot and please bare with it and I think hopefully the last minute or so is the best.
https://soundcloud.com/englishbb/take-me-home

Theme 2: Love Yourself by Justin Bieber. After Tolis' comment I decided against singing this song for a while and trialled lots of others including Rihanna and Abba but after consideration I came back to this as although it may not show my best vocal range, I love the song and I hope you like it too.
https://soundcloud.com/englishbb/love-yourself
3049 days 23 hours ago
americanidolfan
Feeling very lucky to have gotten through another week.

I have chosen Your Game by UK Artist Will Young as my first song.

https://soundcloud.com/americanidolfan123/your-game

For my second song I have chosen Celine Dion's version of At Last.

https://soundcloud.com/americanidolfan123/at-last
3049 days 15 hours ago
tdilindsayfan100
I thought I'd have time to work on a final product today but some personal stuff has turned up. I will be able to post. My songs tomorrow though! No way am I going to give up.
3049 days 15 hours ago
Carlisle
Sorry to do it again but weekends aren't great for me because I'm so busy (have been at a hotel in London watching the x factor final all weekend, but I'll get my entries recorded & sent in the morning.

I understand that last week was an exception so if I have to endure a late penalty then I understand :(
3026 days 18 hours ago
americanidolfan
and after 3 long weeks we are back in business!
3026 days 17 hours ago
Carlisle
yaaaay we're back!
3025 days 7 hours ago
tdilindsayfan100
Any idea when we will be seeing results? :)

open group

Tengaged (Karaoke) Idol (... 15?)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!