This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Episode 4 ~ That Shot is GOLD (On Set)

Topic » Episode 4 ~ That Shot is GOLD..

2578 days 14 hours ago
db1994
Challenge: http://imgur.com/a/uuSIF

Photoshoot: http://imgur.com/a/so79e
For my photoshoot I wanted to go with something natural and free of makeup to show the natural beauty of the model.
2577 days 23 hours ago
k4r4k
But she's wearing makeup :p
2577 days 20 hours ago
db1994
She's wearing minimal makeup. I was going for a more natural look. But thanks for your opinion that no one asked for.
2577 days 16 hours ago
k4r4k
You're welcome :)) just thought it was weird you said free of makeup when she's wearing such heavy eye makeup lol
2574 days 18 hours ago
jayjet
why is isabella 10th
2567 days 17 hours ago
Millzipede
+ + + + + + + + + + CHALLENGE RESULTS + + + + + + + + + + +

*The final 9 pull up to a studio within the heart of Paris*

Millie: Hello girls, and welcome to your fourth challenge here on Tengaged's Next Top Model, Cycle 11. Before I begin to explain the challenge, I will disclose some information to you all. As many of you may have noticed, Isabelle is no longer with us as unfortunately she has chosen to quit the competition also, this time due to personal issues. Everyone on the TNTM team wishes her the best, and we hope to hear from her in the future. So with that out of the way, that leaves you girls as the final 9 of this cycle.

Moving on to this weeks challenge, once again you will be posing in a photo shoot for your challenge this week. In the fashion industry, models are regularly expected to be put various uncomfortable situations, particularly posing nude. While it may be new territory for many of you, being comfortable with your bodies and being able to give a client what they want out of a campaign is CRUCIAL to making it in this industry. So with that in mind, this week you will be posing nude. You can style yourself how you wish, pose how you want - anything, it's all up to you. The girl with the best photo will win as always.

Right, you girls may now go and style yourselves and get into hair and make-up when you're ready!
2567 days 17 hours ago
Millzipede
*All of the girls finish taking their nude photographs*

Millie: Well done ladies. This challenge was a lot to ask out of all of you, so I commend you all for giving it a good go. Now it is time for me to see and then evaluate all of your photos.

[ V I C T O R I A ]
This is a nice photo Victoria, but unfortunately you are completely missing the theme. Although in the description I didn’t say that you had to be fully nude, I did stress that you had to incorporate some form of nudity into the photograph. I don’t know If it is because you are uncomfortable with posing with no clothes on in or something, but in the high fashion modelling industry, this is often something you will be asked to do. As a model, you are supposed to be comfortable in your body, so that viewing customers can feel comfortable in their own, and this photo suggests that you’re not.

[ K A S I A ]
I think this photo is stunning. It’s so elegant and natural, yet poised and strong at the same time – everything comes together to create a beautiful image. First of all, I have to start by commending how amazing your body looks. From your legs, to your stomach to your face, everything is perfectly positioned to create a long line with your body which ultimately makes you look taller, which as you know is one of my favorite things a model can do. Your face is strong yet feminine, and you really have this overwhelming presence in the photograph. I could definitely see this in any major magazine. Well done.

[ S I E N N A ]
I like this photo, but it doesn’t blow me away as much as some of the other challenge photos this week. Your profile of your face is stunning, and like many of the other girls here you have an amazing figure, but to me there’s just nothing standing out to me as particularly memorable. I like the idea of the book to capture a natural moment, rather than an obvious fashion shot, but I feel like you are simply staring at the book rather than reading it. In doing so, you’ve lost that whimsicalness I wanted to see – we don’t see that in-your-own-world moment, we just see a girl looking at a book. It’s a good shot, but you definitely could have taken it further.

[ T A Y L O R ]
I like this shot mainly for the fact that it’s so simple yet so beautiful. There’s not extreme posing here, or wild make-up to distract from the fact that you are nude, it’s just you, a woman in her raw state and I think it looks absolutely wonderful. Despite your bleach blonde hair and your tanned skin, you don’t come across as overly sexy, but almost demure which is a really nice side to see if you. I love the eye contact that you have with the camera, and coming off of the back of last week, it just shows how much you are growing in this competition. You are really making yourself one to watch this cycle.
2567 days 17 hours ago
Millzipede
[ H A M I K O ]
Firstly, I’d like to give you props for going something a little bit out of the box. Although not always successful, I always appreciate it when a model takes a risk (like Taylor last week) as fashion IS a risk, and it allows you to express a little personality. I love the shoes – they are completely stealing the show here, and as a potential client I would definitely appreciate how you selling the product which is always so important. For me, I would have liked to have seen a little more of your face. Had you just turned to face the camera and given a smoldering facial expression, it would be a winner, but right now it just looks like a shot as part of an editorial spread.

[ A U R O R A ]
Firstly, I’d like to give you props for going something a little bit out of the box. Although not always successful, I always appreciate it when a model takes a risk (like Taylor last week) as fashion IS a risk, and it allows you to express a little personality. I love the shoes – they are completely stealing the show here, and as a potential client I would definitely appreciate how you selling the product which is always so important. For me, I would have liked to have seen a little more of your face. Had you just turned to face the camera and given a smoldering facial expression, it would be a winner, but right now it just looks like a shot as part of an editorial spread.

[ M A R I S S A ]
I’m torn with this photo. On the one hand, along with Taylor’s shot, I love how simplistic it is. It is simply you, stripped back of all the fancy garments and styling that you see in normal fashion shots, just displaying your raw beauty. I think your face is absolutely stunning, and you are really connecting with the camera with your eyes, something which I told you to work on after last week’s photo shoot. I do think the pose is on the border of being a little too provocative though. I like it, but it is dangerously close to looking a little too Playboy, when we want a little more Vogue, but you’ve pushed it just enough. Just be wary of that in future shoots.

[ S U L L I ]
For me, this photo just isn’t working unfortunately. I see the kind of look you were going for, and like Hamiko’s photo I love how you took a risk with the shoot by incorporating the use of the flower, and playing into that double entendre of nudity. For me it’s just a little too overpowering in the shot and takes the focus away from you as the model. Your body is beautiful, and I think your position works with the flower to retain your modesty, but I just don’t think this is a strong look from you facially. Your face just seems a little tense, and the angle you were caught at makes you look a little manly, and not in a flattering androgynous way. A great effort from you, and I want to see this kind of vibe in future challenges, it just wasn’t working this week.

[ E S T E F A N I A ]
Body-wise, I love it. From all of the photo-shoots thus far, I think this is the most natural you have looked when it comes to posing, which especially in a nude setting, is really nice to see. You don’t seem to be bothered by the situation at all, which always helps to create a beautiful image. At the same time, the jewelry is clearly taking charge of the photo, which is nice to see. As elegant as you look, I can’t keep my eyes off of your earrings or the bracelet. I am a little disappointed about the face though. I like the look you were going for, but I think unfortunately the angle that was captured isn’t especially good for your face and makes you look a little older than you really are? Aside from that though a strong image.
2567 days 17 hours ago
Millzipede
Millie: This was a strong competition, and while I did give out some critiques tonight, remember it is only because I want to see you grow from them - Overall though I was pleasantly surprised with the work submitted. There were however two strong stand-outs for me though, and they were Kasia and Taylor. For one girl it could be her first challenge win, while for the other it would be third. The girl I have chosen as the winner this week is
http://i.imgur.com/9SB60mc.png

Millie: Congratulations -This photo was super strong, but most importantly super CONFIDENT. As models, you aren't just pretty faces but role models to many young girls out there, and I wanted to see that body confidence come through in all of the photos this week, and yours came through in leaps and bounds. You gave it your all in this shot, and I loved it. Well done once again.

As for the rest of you girls, I'll see you all at panel!
2567 days 17 hours ago
k4r4k
Omg yay!! Thanks so much :)
2567 days ago
ninjohn
I think Hamiko and Aurora got the same critique :O

open group

Tengaged's Next Top Model

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!