This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

SFN: The Genius // Format

Topic » SFN: The Genius // Format

1782 days 12 hours ago
SuitMan13
The fifteenth season of Flop Nation is up fast, based the South Korean gameshow ‘The Genius’. The format is a competitive showdown of strategy and social intrigue, where players are encouraged to use any means necessary to win competitions, earn currency in the game, and ultimately avoid elimination, in a bid to be the last player standing.

Each round consists of two competitions - the Main Match and the Death Match. The aim is to win the Main Match to ensure your safety, and avoid having to play the Death Match, whilst also earning currency in the game in the form of Garnets.

// MAIN MATCH //

Everyone will compete in the Main Match, which will always start at 5pm EST. These games should be simple enough in concepts, but are specially designed for you to form strategies in which to succeed. Some Main Matches can be naturally long, but I will attempt to keep it as succinct as possible.

The Main Match will end with one or more players winning, and each victor earns themselves a 'Token of Life', granting them immunity from the Death Match. If only one player wins the Main Match, that player will be granted TWO Tokens, one of which must be given away to another player at the immediate conclusion of the Death Match.

The player who performs the worst in the Main Match will be declared the loser. They will AUTOMATICALLY face the Death Match and may not receive a Token of Life. If there are multiple players that are deemed losers, the winner(s) of the Main Match will pick one player from the losing group to face the Death Match.

The Death Match candidate must then choose an opponent to compete against. They may choose ANY player who does NOT have a Token of Life to play in the Death Match.

// DEATH MATCH //

The Death Match elimination is a head to head battle between the Main Match loser and the player of their choice. The winner of the Death Match will stay in the game, while the loser will be eliminated. The winner will take the loser's garnets.

Ideally the Death Match is played right after the conclusion of the Main Match on the same night to speed up the game, but this may not always be possible. If players cannot play live that night, they will either play it at 5pm EST the next day, or at an earlier time if they can agree. If two players cannot agree then it defaults to the usual 5pm time. Not attending a Death Match you are playing in is AUTOMATIC elimination.

// GARNETS //

Garnets are the main currency of the Genius, and you want as many as you can get your hands on. They are earned through Main Matches, and how they are given depends on the rules of that particular game. Garnets may be used in certain games to purchase advantages that could help a player win.

Garnets can also be traded to other players for help, and can also be given away as you see fit. If you wish to give garnets away, simply include me in that through mail. This decision cannot be reversed, and you cannot put binding 'rules' on garnets (Such as, "I give a garnet to this person when they do this"). Any rules and deals on trading garnets are between players trusting others to go though on it with me.

After each Main Match and Death Match, I will reveal the total Garnet Count of each player in a separate thread.
1782 days 12 hours ago
SuitMan13
// MAIN MATCH SUBSTITUTES //

As a result of the dead last loser aspect of the Main Matches, if you are unable to attend you are allowed to specify a SUBSTITUTE who will play in your place.

You are responsible for that player’s actions as well as their behavior, and their performance will determine whether you win, go into the death match, or otherwise.

This substitute may NOT spend your garnets during the Main Match unless you give them express permission to, but the substitute may not give garnets away to other players.

In order to specify a substitute, you must mail me the username of the person at least 1 hour in advance of the Main Match. You may not have a substitute for a Death Match, as you must face that on your own.

If you do not have a substitute for the Main Match and do not attend, you will automatically be in contention for the Death Match. The competition's worst performer will still be in danger, with Token of Life winner(s) ultimately deciding who goes in.

NOTE: You are the one playing the game, and the substitution option is only open when you are unable to attend. I do not want to see someone having a substitute every episode, but to be used sparingly. However, I would rather you have a substitute than being inactive, so take the option when necessary.

open group

Suitman Presents

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!