This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Format VII // The Amazing Race

Topic » Format VII // The Amazing Race

1520 days 19 hours ago
SuitMan13
Welcome to The Amazing Race, the 7th format of Crisis on Infinite Formats.

For this format, the remaining 18 players will “couple up” into 9 pairs of 2 of their own choosing, and like the Amazing Race format, the aim will be to ensure you are not the last to reach the Leg’s Pit Stop.

Leg 1 will take place at 5pm EST on Thursday, and Leg 2 at 5pm EST on Friday, with Leg 1’s times added to Leg 2’s to simulate the show’s typical round head starts. At the end of each Leg, the slowest pair will be eliminated.

In this whack version of TAR, you will complete a series of mini-tasks based on a series of locations that you are visiting as you race. Some tasks will be based on the location that you visit, and others will require you to guess the location by decoding a clue. When each one is completed, you will send it to me via Tengaged Mail, and I will give you your next task at your next location. Basically it’s one big game of “solve the tasks in order”.

NOTE: The time it takes for ME to reply to YOUR mails whilst you are racing will NOT be included in your final time. I will probably be slow - it’s me, and I’m dealing with 9 teams at once - but be assured the delay in me sending the next part will not affect your time. Just keep refreshing TG mails, and I’ll reply to the person who mails me.

Normal tasks will be simplistic in nature, but there will also be THREE special tasks which you will come across per Leg with unique rules:
- 2 x ROADBLOCKS, which are compulsory challenges for a single person. One member will complete the 1st whilst the other member (if attending) will complete the 2nd.
- 1 x DETOUR, which are a choice between two challenges for you both to play, of which you pick only one. If you struggle with your choice, you can ask to SWITCH to the other task, but cannot switch back again afterwards.

Completion of these tasks are necessary to progress on the Leg. Eventually you will reach the Pit Stop which will stop your time, so I can calculate your final time with timestamps.

These will be the first competitions of the season whereby not attending will penalise you. Pairs that only have one person present will be forced to take a 20% penalty to their finish time. If only one person is there, they will be allowed to complete BOTH Roadblocks, but with the aforementioned penalty applied. Entirely no-show pairs will be eliminated on the spot for two members of The Fallen to take their place.
1519 days 22 hours ago
SuitMan13
To Clarify

- If both member of a pair each play one Roadblock each, no penalty.
- If one member has to play both Roadblocks, the penalty applies.

open group

Suitman Presents

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!