This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Episode 1 || The Aftermath

Topic » Episode 1 || The Aftermath

301 days 6 hours ago
Coolbrandonman
A montage of various news outlets take. place between the end of season one and now plays…

-NEWS CHANNEL 3-

Baker Johnson sits alone at a table while on screen. He looks uncomfortable and not his charismatic self, as he darts his eyes around and behind the camera that is sitting in front of him. All is quiet around him, no intro music, no outside noise… Just silence in the news room. He clears his throat and interlocks his fingers on top of the table to stop them from visibly shaking.

“Hello America, Baker Johnson here… I regret to inform you that we had just suffered an attack… The Vanguard, NovaStar had dropped down into Discover Park here in Seattle and started a massacre. The number of casualties is currently unknown, and so is NovaStar’s whereabouts… We will fill you in as we receive more information on the attack.”

-NEWS CHANNEL 8-

Another reporter is standing in Discovery Park

“I am as close as i’m allowed to the scene taken place here in Discover Park just moments ago, where NovaStar had just attacked. As we can see, there are still civilians scrambling trying to help the victims in any way they can. Oh- oh my god…”

The camera pans out to the rest of the park where all the fallen heroes and civilians can be seen. The reporter takes his earpiece out and drops the microphone in his hand to go help those in need.

-CONSPIRACY THEORISTS PODCAST-

An elderly man with long white hair sits in a chair with a microphone in front of his face. Sitting across from him is an older woman who claims to have worked for Vanguard in the past. “What do you think happened there?” The man asks. “It was their plan from beginning.” The woman says. The old man raises his eyebrows in shock at her response, “Really? You think Vanguard was in on it?”. The woman nods confidently “Of course they were… They do this all the time. Vanguard creates some big villain who goes off and kills civilians, so the ‘heroes’ have a reason to take them down. It’s all publicity, and they sacrifice innocent people to get it.”

-THE JOE ROGAN EXPERIENCE-

Joe Rogan sits in his usual podcast room with another guest sitting in front of him. “Remember when Weston Diamond took over that news broadcast and made all those claims against NovaStar?” Joe Rogan says. His guest on the podcast raises an eyebrow at him “You think he caused her to lose her shit like that?” The guest asks in return. “Possibly? I think her actions confirms pretty much everything that guy said. She was going around and killing other heroes the whole time it sounds like…” Joe Rogan responds.

———————————————

| Vanguard Tower, Late January, 2023 |

Bullet-Man sits in the meeting room of Vanguard Tower. He stares off ahead of him blankly. His ears ringing, his mind wandering, something is up with him. He’s not as focused… But won’t show it to anyone.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FrailClutteredKillifish-max-1mb.gif

Suddenly, The doors to the meeting room slide open. First, in comes Backwardo. He smiles at Bullet-Man as he finds a seat at the table. Behind him is Nyx; She walks in with her hands crossed in front of her. She also takes a seat at the meeting table, but not looking so pleased to be there.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/8114720ee3fa7481ff02088f453ced98/0f3141f469245474-03/s540x810/b95c2b0cb13f459a026eade44b50339b8149261c.gif

Finally, Sixth Sense and Clara Pointe walk into the meeting room. Clara offers a smirk to the other members of the group, as Six walks over to Bullet-Man, placing a hand on his shoulder as he takes a seat next to him. Bullet-Man looks at the team, then stands up, exhaling.

Bullet-Man: Okay… We have the end of Weston’s trial coming up. Do any of you plan on speaking?

Bullet-Man looks around at each of them. They all shake their heads no, except for Nyx. Bullet-Man notices this, but ignores it for now.

Bullet-Man: Alright. I don’t see a point in us exerting the energy, he will already be found guilty. Let’s just get this over with so we can stop giving this kid the attention he wants, yeah?

Backwardo: Sounds good to me.

Bullet-Man looks over at Nyx, who still looks like she would rather be anywhere else.

Bullet-Man: You know Nyx, he’s still getting charged for what he did to you.

Nyx looks up at him briefly.

Nyx: Yeah. I’ll make a statement if i feel the need to…

Bullet-Man slowly nods, knowing something is going on with her too. He looks at the rest of the group and shrugs, dismissing them.
301 days 6 hours ago
Coolbrandonman
As they all flutter out into the hallway to go their separate ways, Clara and Six stick together, as they always have. They stop at the elevator and wait for it to open. Clara looks at Six as they stand there.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/345808a065d5097db6868f4248c11857/c15da5cfffd33f17-8a/s400x600/dd0404fe7e9a01ff3caa1270a83c709acba6249b.gifv

Clara: Are the meeting always that awkward?”

Sixth Sense turns his head to her.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/cee734c02429a2c45adac15d040ee834/2521966e3a0dfd6b-f6/s540x810/74e4da0943b258855c8b2d084b60441047be1dd0.gif

Sixth Sense: Not from what I remember… But the team is going through a transition it has never had before. I would think about it from their perspective… Nova killed another member, along with… a lot of other people, and completely left Earth behind. Now they brought me back and pulled you up as well… Their lives have been a mess.

Clara nods, understanding.

Clara: Sure isn’t what they signed up for.

Sixth Sense: No, but we signed up to clean the gigantic mess they left.

Clara chuckles and shakes her head as he says this. Six looks at Clara for a moment before nudging her arm.

Sixth Sense: You’re doing great, kid. I’m happy you took the job.

Six compliments with Clara returning a wide smile back at him.

———————————————
301 days 6 hours ago
Coolbrandonman
| Central District, Seattle |

An intense battle is going down on a rooftop. A woman is pulling off acrobatic moves to keep her criminal opponent guessing. The criminal removes their ski mask in order to breathe properly and have better sight of the woman he is fighting. Her attacks are too quick for him though, forcing him to back up until she does a swift leg sweep, tripping him backwards. To the woman’s surprise, there is no more rooftop behind the man. She quickly pops herself back to her feet and catches the man by his shirt, holding him over the edge of this rooftop. The woman uses her free hand to wipe the hair out of her face. It is Hisea!

The man pleads to her not to let go as he is hanging off the edge of the roof. Hisea doesn’t respond, as she is still in shock that she managed to put someone in this position…

Hisea: I’m sorry?

She says, realizing the man had said something to her, but not listening.

Man: Please don’t drop me, im sorry!

the man begs. Hisea looks down at him for a moment.

https://media.tenor.com/kF8P02NuFkwAAAAd/daisy-johnson-chloe-bennet.gif

Hisea: Okay. Where is it?

Hisea sternly asks the man, trying to be intimidating. The man closes his eyes and cringes, not wanting to answer. “

Man: You might as well drop me… If i tell you, I’m dead!

The man pleads. Hisea shakes her head at him, trying to be comforting, “

Hisea: No. No, I can help you. Please, just trust me.

She says as she sends comforting energy into the man, but slowly absorbing his scared energy. This helps the man calm down and he opens his eyes again to look at Hisea. She keeps eye contact with the man and counts to five in her head before influencing him to answer the question.

Hisea: Where is the warehouse?

The Man caves into her manipulation and gives her the exact address of the warehouse and its whereabouts.

Hisea nods at him, exhaling.

Hisea: Okay… Thank you.

As she stops feeding the man comforting energy, his fear immediately returns.

Man: No… NO NO! They’re- they’re gonna kill me!

Hisea quickly tries to comfort him again, but before she knows it, the criminal pulls a knife out and cuts the cloth of his shirt that Hisea is holding on to. “No!” Hisea screams as she tries to catch the man, but fails.

As all is lost for this poor man, out of nowhere, Hisea’s new partner in crime, Tech comes flying through with what looks like combustion coming from a rocket that is on her back. He safely lands to the ground, and tosses the criminal to the ground for the police to take away. She scoffs at the man, who is now crying, and walks away. The rocket attached to her back folds up and slides into her body.

https://media.tenor.com/wwg6oN0BrkYAAAAC/domino-zazie-beetz.gif

Tech looks up at the building, seeing Hisea and giving her a solid thumbs up. Hisea shakes her head and can’t help but to let out a nervous laugh after that close call.

Once Hisea makes it down to ground level, she finds Tech and approaches her. Tech sees her and chuckles.

Tech: You tried to kill him?

Hisea laughs it off but still defends herself.

Hisea: He cut himself free from my hold. I wasn’t gonna let him go!… But thank you.

Tech nods at her then looks at the scene where authorities are taking in the man.

Tech: Next move?

Hisea does a little nod, looking in the same direction as her.

Hisea: He told me where the warehouse is… That’s the next move.

———————————————
301 days 6 hours ago
Coolbrandonman
| Garfield High School, Seattle |

Danial Diaz walks the crowded halls of his new school that Daybreak has paid tuition for. He walks alone with music playing in his ears. He hates it here. Why does he need to be in school if he works for a superhero team? Who knows, but he is here now and he might as well make the most of it. He walks into the cafeteria for lunch, where he finds a table for himself to eat. He looks down at his phone and finds a recent news article about a couple vigilantes in Central District stopping a man from falling to his death. Daniel puts his phone down, feeling jealous that he can’t be out there helping anybody. Daniel is awoken from his daydreaming by a plastic fork flying through the air and hitting his arm.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/5e6440877d4335148aa1319b4a6a04c2/db2d7293b27a1839-ac/s400x600/40e63d2cedc20cca34c21973a7acb6b2076afd67.gif

Daniel looks up to see who threw it. His defense lowers dramatically when he sees Chris approaching him with a dumb grin on his face.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/00e5ce86b17f9c37d3894831627f7806/1a976c60453010f5-ad/s400x600/865481182ce5bc250887d4a72284d9faf79ae23a.gif

Chris: I swear, whenever i see you, you’re always off in your own world or something.

Chris says to Daniel, who is just trying to chill. Daniel smirks at him, and puts sets his phone down on the table.

Daniel: Sorry, Chris. It’s been a long day… I *really* fucking hate chemistry.

Chris: Danny- my man! wake up! today is a good day to have a great freakin day. are you really willing to waste it by just sitting here and holding yourself captive to your own thoughts?… We are going to fuck up the UTF when we get outta here today, alright?

Chris chimes, trying to cheer him up. Daniel snickers.

Daniel: Okay, okay. If I hang out with you and your friends, will you shut up?

Chris: Absolutely! Come on.

Chris says, walking back to his table with Daniel following behind.

———————————————

| Petrified Cafe |

Mika Rittenhouse, a young, committed college student who is studying economics, sits in the petrified cafe on his computer. The crystals sitting on the table in front of him are dim and dark in color. He has been enjoying his winter break lately despite his rough living situation at home. Mika is looking into the Wes case as he sits in the cafe. He has done all the research needed to in order to fully understand the depth of what Weston is being charged for. But this doesn’t satisfy Mika, when he looks into something, he looks thoroughly. Multiple tabs are open on his laptop, and currently he is reading about Bullet-Man. That is until he gets scared out of focus when someone behind him suddenly says “Hello.”

It is none other than the cafe owner herself, Taryn Ayala. She looks down at Mika, tilting her head at him while presenting a soft smile on her face. Mika looks up at her, still recuperating from the sudden spike in his heart rate.

Mika: … Hi?

Taryn: I just wanted to make sure you’re aware that you have been here for two hours… Would you like anything else? A refill, maybe?

Taryn asks Mika very politely. Mika looks back at the time on his computer screen. He looks dumbfounded, as he clearly lost track of how long he has been there. He quickly notices the crystals in the center of the table are now glowing and vibrant in colors. He loses his train of thought after seeing this and turns back to Taryn to answer her question.

Mika: I’m okay, thank you. I’m light on money right now… Is it okay if i keep working though?

Taryn: That’s not a problem.

Taryn shoots him a smile before walking off back to the counter. Mika nods at her then turns back to his computer, now noticing that the crystals are no longer glowing and have returned to their dimmed state. Mika raises an eyebrow and turns to look back at Taryn curiously. He scoffs, remembering what he was there for and turning back to his computer yet again.

———————————————
301 days 5 hours ago
Coolbrandonman
| Homer M. Hadley Memorial Bridge |

A freight truck zooms through the bridge that connects Mercer Island to Seattle while a squad of police cars are trailing closely behind  Other cars on the bridge quickly swerve out of the way of the truck to avoid getting crushed by the vehicle that refuses to budge. Inside the truck are a group of about eight armed gunmen and intensely large packages of illegal substances, such as drugs, weapons, etc. The truck driver stares intently at the road ahead of him.

This is when he notices the shadow of a person with rapidly moving wings on the ground in front of him. The driver looks up into the sky, and sees the Daybreak heroes, Bugseye flying through the sky while holding onto his partner, Piper!

Driver: Oh shit!

The driver presses the gas pedal harder, even though the truck is already moving at top speeds.

Piper: Now!

As Piper yells this command, Bugseye drops her onto the roof of the truck. She nearly sticks the landing, but was not anticipating the intertia to swipe her feet out from under her. Piper barrel rolls backwards, but manages to stop herself before reaching the  edge of the truck. She takes a moment to gather herself and looks up into the sky at Bugseye, who is still flying above the truck.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/13/11/08/131108d0680cc78ff365fe2771d9681d.gif

Piper reaches down and places her hand on the roof of the truck. In an instant, The roof of the truck turns from steel, into a pile of leaves that get blown backwards into the road. She falls down into the truck where all the armed gunmen are just blinking at her. Piper is stunned and was not expecting this encounter. She considers saying something witty, but just assumes it will come out cheesy instead, so she stays quiet, deciding her next move here.

As the gunmen scream and raise their guns at her, Bugseye quickly swoops down and uses his own body and momentum to pummel some of the gunmen to the ground. Piper quickly acts on this distraction and attacks the gunmen that are still standing. Each one of them, she grabs a hold of their weapons and turns the killing machines into useless sand.

Bugseye swoops up the gunmen one by one and flies them out of the truck, placing them on the ground, repeating this process until there is nobody left inside the truck besides Piper.

The driver is now all over the road, going out of his way to hit other people who are just trying to go about their day. Bugseye launches into the air once again and flies ahead of the truck, just to turn around and smash through the windshield. With one quick, swift blow to the face, Bugseye knocks out the driver, then kicks the drivers door open. He pushes the driver out of the moving truck, and killing him in order to get control and finally stop the vehicle right before it entered the tunnel to Seattle.

Minutes later, Piper is seen talking with the authorities. She looks around curiously, wondering where the driver of the freight truck is. She walks over to where Bugseye is, but before he notices her, he takes off i to the sky with his mechanical wings, heading back to the headquarters. Piper raises an eyebrow and watches him fly away.

———————————————

| UTF |

Daniel and Chris walk into the training facility now that they are out of school. Daniel is visibly annoyed as they enter.

Daniel: My team just stopped a high speed chase on the bridge… And i was inside all day doing useless shit!

Chris: Ouch… That does suck, but like… There’s never *not* going to be other high speed chases.

Daniel: Yeah, I know, Chris. But I still would rather be out there than in that fucking school.

Chris: I know. Well hey, my parents always tell me that you’re only a kid once. We have our entire lives to do adult superhero shit. Let’s just enjoy the easy life while we got it.

Daniel turns to Chris, giving him a nasty look.

Daniel: And what about my life do you think has been easy?

Chris’ eyes widen, as he knows he just fucked it by saying that. He clears his throat and looks forward.

Chris: … Yeah. Let’s just let off some steam.

Panning through the UTF, it is infinitely more busy than it once was due to all the new heroes who have come to Seattle. Thanks to the money they bring to train at the UTF, more advanced equipment has been implemented into the facility. Many new faces are roaming throughout the UTF, trying to gain attention and better hone their powers.

Blayne Diaz walks through the facility with a duffel bag around his shoulder. He looks around at the other heroes there, making his way to the locker room. He catches Anna Caine blowing subzero degree waves of frost at a manakin until it tips over and shatters on the ground like ice. Anna looks back at him looking and shoots him a nasty side eye as an automatic antisocial response.

Blayne: Sorry?

He shivers as he feels the cold just from her stare, and keeps walking. He shakes his head at that interaction, already feeling the new hostility of Seattle. He whispers to himself as he looks up, seeing Bullet-Man through the window of the viewing lounge upstairs watching over the entire place.

Blayne: Damn…

———————————————
301 days 5 hours ago
Coolbrandonman
| Ultra-Maximum Security Prison |

https://64.media.tumblr.com/a3436dde298669d8190721e1bf3f474c/tumblr_p7i1uheAkQ1u2x68ro6_540.gifv

Within the Bermuda Triangle, a gargantuan, circular building sits still and quiet. This is the prison where those with super abilities are sent when committing federal crimes… Far, far away from civilization.

Within the courtyard of the prison is a familiar face; Weston Diamond. Wes strains as he works out with vigor. The sun is beginning to set and some inmates have gathered at the fence to watch the sun slowly fall into the ocean. Wes remains focused. “Keep going, don’t stop, don’t look weak” Wes tells himself as he works out, distracting himself from what’s really eating him up inside. Bullet-Man is still out there, Sixth Sense is still out there… And nobody knows what they have done. He wonders how many children have faced the same fate as himself because of those two. He- no. stay focused. He grits his teeth as he lifts the weights up a couple more times.

https://i.imgur.com/g9Rg9p4.gif

A pair of doors open loudly in the courtyard. “Chow!” a guard yells out quickly and sternly. Wes sets the weights aside and takes a moment to catch his breath, looking at the other prisoners walking to the door. He recognizes many of these inmates from the news. Some of them are more famous than others. Wes stands up and walks inside.

Inside the dining hall, Wes walks through the isle in between tables with his food tray. Inmates eye him, as he has quite a reputation. Again, “Stay focused. You are in control of the situation.” he repeats to himself. Wes finds a table in the corner of the dining hall and sets his tray down, and taking a seat. Sitting across from him is an old, soft spoken man. “Hello, Terry.” Wes says to the old man, smiling. The old man, Terry, looks up and smiles at Wes.

Terry was a member of a famous superhero group based in New York back in the 50’s. On of his fellow members of the team retired and had gotten their own reality show, which Terry was featured in a couple episodes of. More recently, Terry was convicted with murder of his daughter and son-in-law. The work of Dementia on Terry made him think the two were strangers walking into his house, and he lost it. Pier Terry still doesn’t fully understand what he had done, and still believes that his daughter is alive and well.

“Weston… I didn’t get to see you yesterday.” Terry says to Wes. Wes nods at him, vividly remembering playing checkers with Terry yesterday. He plays along, not wanting to confuse the old man. “You didn’t miss much.” Weston reassures him. Terry nods and shakily scoops some soup into his mouth. “I heard the guards whispering earlier. I think they said they’re shipping you out soon.” Terry says, pointing at Wes. Wes raises an eyebrow at this information, “That must mean they’re ready for my statement to the jury… I’m sure someone already paid them off to find me guilty.” Wes says, shaking his head. “Well. Aren’t you?” Terry asks. Wes just looks at him, not wanting to answer that question honestly, and also not wanting to lie to his friend. As Wes opens his mouth to speak, he hears a guard calling out to him. Wes looks over, seeing the guard looking directly at him. He then turns his head to Terry to say his goodbye. “I got a new deck of cards today. When you get back, would you like to play?” Terry asks Wes. Wes slowly stands up, accepting the fact that yes, he will be found guilty and be sent right back to where he is now. “Sure, Terry. Figure out what you would like to play when I get back.” Wes starts walking over to the guard who called him.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/64d26b9f048aee81dc1d66d57be05e6b/953433070ccd8ddd-7d/s400x600/bae527c7d71123f1578c1a8448283e1366c2b1d4.gifv

Wes approaches the guard. “Time to go to court, Wes. I’m sure you’ll be back.” the guard says, teasing Wes. “Good. I’m starting to like it here.” Wes replies, turning around and placing his hands behind his back for the guard to put him in shackles. The guard placed the shackles on him, then leads him through the door. As the door shuts behind him, Wes hears some commotion back in the dining hall. He looks back through the window on the door, and sees a few inmates hovering over his friend, Terry. Wes shakes his head, trying to reach the door again, but the guard tugs him back. At this moment, it becomes very clear to Wes that this was set up. As soon as he walks out, other inmates go and attack his helpless friend while he’s subject to watch.

Wes clenches his fists, wanting to stop whatever it is those inmates are about to do to Terry. But he can’t. He can only watch as the new deck of cards are slapped out of the old man’s hand. Wes shakes his head, internally begging this to stop. As one of the inmates pulls his arm back to strike Terry, Wes is pulled back harder, taking him away from seeing how this plays out. He grunts, filled with rage at this point. He can hear the guard trying not to laugh as he gets guided away. “You think that’s funny?” Wes asks him? “I don’t know what you’re talking about, Diamond.” The guard quickly replies. They walk down a hall for a moment before hearing alarms blaring through the speakers on the ceiling. “Look at that. There’s a riot somewhere…” The guard points out the obvious. Wes grits his teeth, “Stay focused. Don’t show them this side of you. They’ll use it against you.” Wes says to himself.

The guard guides Wes out a door that leads to the roof, where a helicopter is sitting, waiting to collect their package. Wes is assisted onto the helicopter and takes a seat. As they lift off into the air, Wes looks down at the prison, still being able to hear the alarms blaring, desperately hoping that Terry will be okay when he gets back.

———————————————

Episode opens at 6:30pm EST

Events will usually occur around 6:30-8:00, or even later depending on how many people are active!
301 days 5 hours ago
Coolbrandonman
(Apologies if your character did not get an opener, this was all very last minute. everyone will get their time to shine i promise 😭)
301 days 1 hour ago
lionsden121
(ok I'm glad I didn't miss anything im like nooooooooooo
301 days ago
iGoddess
[[ I am about to go to sleep now, BUT my management internship luckily has no schedule to follow, so I can spent most of my time checking in and posting! I also plan on being on my laptop to do uni work, so two birds one stone!

If I happen to not fall asleep I'll try to post in the next hour/two, but I doubt it.

Tomorrow I can post much later in the evening/night for sure! ]]
300 days 23 hours ago
Maya10
*tap my pen on the notebook, thinking*
300 days 23 hours ago
Coolbrandonman
(Open!)
300 days 23 hours ago
Coolbrandonman
(assuming nyx is in the tower?)

Backwardo walks into whatever room Nyx is in and notices her writing. He approaches her

“You writing a statement?”
300 days 23 hours ago
Maya10
Looks* no. No statement. Maybe a visit request
300 days 23 hours ago
lionsden121
Daniel and Chris are both working out at the UTF. Chris is more working on his powers, while Daniel is more working on endurance and physical to expand his limits.
300 days 23 hours ago
lionsden121
Chris is in the corner room where the fireproof targets are set up, while Daniel is just in a gym. Every once in a while Daniel will shoot a glance toward Chris's direction.
300 days 23 hours ago
Wyatt2001
(Omg hey guys (: ))

open group

Vanguard Society

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!