This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL - SEASON 2

Topic » FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL - SEASON..

673 days 22 hours ago
samsam
Congratulations Ryan, Jay, and Scott on making it to the final 3! After crazy twists from do or die to duos and from fake tribal councils to shot in the dark and much more, you 3 did what 15 players were unable to do. Make it to the end.

Now your fate is in the hands of the jury (THE PEOPLE YOU VOTED OUT!!): Marcus, Pavaneli, TJ, JJ, Matty, Nick, Lions, and Owen. Keep in mind Tengaged took Thomas's spot on the jury, however, since Scott won the legacy advantage, he had to eliminate a juror and he chose to eliminated Tengaged.

In this forum, Ryan, Jay, and Scott must give opening speeches. Please share how you outwitted, outlasted, and outplayed. Talk about anything you find important like strategy, alliances, risks, comp wins, twists, secrets, etc you want the jury to know.

AFTER ALL 3 OPENING SPEECHES ARE POSTED, then the jury can ask as many questions as you want to the finalists in this forum.

After jury questioning, finalists may give a closing statement.

Schedule:
- Opening speeches due by noon est tomorrow (6/15)
- Jury questions from noon est 6/15 to noon est 6/16
- Closing statements due at 5pm est on 6/16
- JURY VOTING OPENS AT 5pm est on 6/16
- Jury votes close at 9pm est on 6/16

- live reunion show will hopefully be that night 6/16. If you cannot make it, all rewards and winner reveal will be in this forum.

Good luck finalists.

JURY - BEST JUROR REWARD IS ON THE LINE!!!! You can earn it here at final tribal.
673 days 22 hours ago
samsam
Im going to extend the opening speech deadline till tomorrow at 2:30 pm est
673 days 15 hours ago
teamclay
Good evening jury, I would first like to start off by thanking all of you for playing with me in this game it was a pleasure to meet the ones that I had not met before and it was amazing to improve relationships that were already existing. Coming into this game I won't lie I was not confident at all that I would be able to make it to one of these final 3 spots. I had never made final tribal council before this game so I was not confident at all. But now that I have made it here I've realized that I have fought the good fight and I've grown, not only as a person but as a game player. I did betray people, I did play dirty when I had to, and I did my best to get to the point where I am at right now. But I can say that I never gave up, even when I had to work from the bottom, I never lost confidence and I never lost hope. From being on the bottom at the first vote of merge, to winning my first EVER immunity challenge. So even if I'm not crowned the winner it's okay, because I am walking out of this game a winner in my eyes already, with new friends, better relationships, and a new found confidence for games. From day 1 on Yase I feel like I secured myself within the tribe pretty good, forming a close bond and friendship with Scott, continuing pre-existing relationships with Thomas and Pav, and even meeting JJ for the first time. The only person within our 6 person tribe that I knew needed to go pre-merge was Royaltyy, at the time she was the only immediate threat to me and my game. We only lost 1 challenge pre-merge which I would definitely say helped in terms of confidence for not only me, but my entire tribe. Anyways going into the start of merge I felt pretty secure, I had pre-existing relationships with a lot of people left in the game, but little did I realize none of that was going to matter. My number 1 at the time of going into merge was Scott and thankfully he won the power to assign the duos for the first tribal as a merged tribe, which is where I got placed with Ryan. I did not know it at the time, but this was the start of a very close relationship that I had with Ryan (Yes the duos twist made us as close of allies as we were). Anyways going into tribal I was quite frankly nervous, with Ryan having been the target for that tribal that meant in term that I could potentially leave to which I was not about to have. So this is where 7PM was born, an alliance consisting of myself, Matty , Lions, Ryan, JJ, Nick, and Scott. Which was the start for me to have an influence in every single vote off for the rest of the season. For the next 3 vote offs, Marcus, Pav, and TJ we completely took over the game and started picking off the others one by one and then it was finally time to strike on our own, I made an alliance chat called the 4 horsemen consisting of myself, Nick, Ryan, and Scott. And this is when the 4 horsemen struck taking out JJ and Matty. At the final 8 is where I won my first ever immunity challenge individually of course, and I knew this was was crucial for my survival that round because it was finally time to take out the biggest threat to win at the time which was Matty. Going into the final 7 was probably the only time in this game up to that point where I was genuinely scared, and with every right. Because we ended up losing our first horsemen in Nick and this hurt me so deep on the inside and this is where I made a decision personally. I chose loyalty and to stick to The 4 Horsemen until the final tribal council. I knew that doing this would probably cost me the game but I didn't believe that I was down for the cause. Going into final 6 voting out Thomas was by far the hardest thing I had to do all game, even up to the moment of me locking in his name with Sam I was crying and bawling my eyes out, but I sucked it up and I owned the move and I did it (I would also like to throw in there that my name was going around hard this round and I was able to convince Thomas to not lock my name in even though I was going to lock his in, a snake move for sure, but a very necessary move). Going into final 5 the only thing that could not happen was Tim to win immunity, which at that point I was starting to question our abilities to beat him, I was not able to beat him myself sadly, but I gave it my all. Whenever it was revealed that he lost immunity this round I was pretty happy because he was the only real threat left to win challenges outside of the guys in my alliance. Going into the final 4 anybody could win besides Owen and it came down to me and Ryan and what cost me immunity was spelling Bryan's name wrong, the one person who I wanted to work with this game but couldn't because he left pre-merge. I outwitted this game by having my path to the final 3 secured since final 6, let me explain how. Lions won a 50 50 safety coin and at the start of the final 6 I played the paranoia card allowing Lions to reach out to me and ask if I would like him to play it on me and he did, granted I did not receive safety it did not matter because I did not receive any votes that round. Then at the final 5 I played the second merge hidden immunity idol, (which I found btw the morning after it was posted, without ANY clues and Any help). And then going into the final 4 I knew that no matter what Owen was going to be beat in the immunity challenge and whoever won between Ryan and Scott I knew was going to take me, and if I had won it myself then I would also be sitting in the final 3 therefore securing my spot in the final 3 since final 6 tribal council. I outplayed this game a few different ways, 1 I made sure that no matter the round that I was voting with majority, I did vote in the majority every round this entire game that I went to tribal council, I also received only 1 vote against me which is incredible in my opinion because out of everyone sitting here in the final 3 I was safe the least amount of times at a tribal council this game being only 2 tribals. Finally, I outlasted this game with honestly one simple move, anybody but me, I knew for me at least no matter what, that this was just a game so I was okay with having to make the moves that I needed to, to get to where I'm sitting at right now. I played this game with every ounce of fight, love, and determination that I have in my body, thank you.
673 days 12 hours ago
gbpackXLVchamps
Hi jurors!

Ok so I'm going to keep this opening speech on the short and concise side.   I've been part of many juries and I find that reading long-winded details about each finalists' games right off the bat can become very tiring.  So for now, I will simply summarize the highlights of game, and I will leave the specific details for you later, based upon your questions, which I will welcome.

Before I lay out for you my game highlights, I want to say congratulations to Ryan and Jay, my fellow finalists. You both played fantastic games.  If the jury awards one of you the title of sole survivor instead of me, it is well deserved.  I will not use this forum to trash either of your games, because frankly, there is nothing to trash.  I am so proud of you both!  Through the many twists and turns this season, we were able to all gallop our way across the finish line!

Now, that being said, back to the jury, please consider this:

-  I came into this game as a returnee.  Not only was I a returnee in a game full of new players, I also finished 6th in Season 1, higher than my 2 fellow returnees.  I had an immediate target on my back due to this, as would most other returnees in my spot, but I also just came out of Brady's all-stars season, a fact known to several cast members including Lions, TJ and JJ.  I had and still have the reputation in the tengaged group game community as being a very good player, an all-star, and a skilled social player and strategist.  Yet, here I am in FTC, and despite this, I did not receive a single vote this entire season.

- I may not have won many challenges, but I did finish 2nd in a few.   The two I did win?  Well, firemaking of course, but the other one?  Well, that was the most dangerous immunity to win this whole season.  This was a social comp where I was voted by my fellow players the person they wanted to win immunity the most, which made my target even bigger than it already was.  On top of that, the win "awarded" me a power trip where I had the right to switch up duo pairs and...the kicker....I ultimately had to single-handedly seal one person's fate in the game by eliminating a voted-out duo member in Lindsay.  My hands were as bloody as the Carolina coast after a shark attack, but still, I am in FTC and I did not receive a single vote this entire season.

- Sticking with the comps topic, in one of the challenges I did finish 2nd, I was again "awarded" a legacy advantage, which was made PUBLIC.  Everyone knew I had it and that it only got activated at f3.   Basically, this meant that everyone in the game knew that if I did make f3, I would have some type of unknown advantage, and that if I were voted out before f3, my transferee would be given this advantage.  My target continued to grow bigger and bigger and bigger.....but yet I am in FTC and I did not receive a single vote this entire season.

- Coming into the game, I knew some people from prior games, but there was only one person I could TRULY trust from the outset,  Nick.  It takes a lot to totally earn my trust, as I have been blindsided in the past many a time by my closest allies or "ride or dies".  Nick earned that trust tenfold in a past group game.  He was the only person who knew I had an idol (found on day 2 with no clues) and the only person that I knew that had my back 100 per cent.  Then, with a blink of an eye, he was gone by way of Do or Die.   Not only was my target huge at that point, but I lost the one person who I could truly trust to help protect me, but yet I am in FTC, and I did not receive a single vote this entire season.

That's all for now.  I welcome all questions.  I look forward to explaining to y'all about my social and strategic game that led me here, including building and nurturing a relationship with Jay on Day 1 as my backup ride or die, but at the same time ensuring that I was HIS ride or die, and voting (purposely) in the minority several times so as to hide the 4 Horsemen alliance (see Jay's speech) and to make myself appear to others that I was in the minority with them.   Although my co-finalists both have good resumes of their own, I believe I played the most well-rounded game especially in light of the adversity I had to face throughout the game as I described above.
673 days 11 hours ago
gbpackXLVchamps
my apologies to Jay.......*THEIR* ride or die.
673 days 10 hours ago
arskinsky78
First off, good game to all. I appreciate good competition and I’m glad we got to play together even if on opposite sides. For those who don’t know the story behind my discord name “angkoror” - it is a combination of two (iconic for different reasons) Survivor tribes: Angkor from Survivor Cambodia and Koror from Survivor Palau. I am a huge Survivor fan and I came into this game ready to use that knowledge to my advantage and PLAY HARD. And that I did. I won four individual immunities (my Kelly Wigglesworth era), had a perfect voting record and ended the game without a single vote being cast against me.

Congrats to Jay & Scott who would both be worthy of the win as well. We were able to accomplish a lot together and I have nothing but good things to say about both of your games.

Below I’ve outlined my game and I am happy to answer any questions you may have. Did I play a perfect game? Absolutely not. I had to tell some lies to propel my game forward and it never feels good to burn someone - especially people who did no harm to me and my game. But I played the game that I needed to get me in one of the final 3 chairs and I would appreciate your vote if you deem me worthy.

OUTLAST

The big reason I am in the final 3 is because of the strategic alliances that I formed throughout the game to take me further.

It all started on Ua with an early alliance with TJ and Lindsay. They wanted Nick gone but I had formed a bond with him and worked with him and Matty to take out Isla. This made Matty, Nick and I a strong trio that had full control of Ua. This led to us taking out TJ, a well connected player, which technically didn’t work but fortunately gave us a strong new ally in Lions. That is when I formed and named the “4 Horsemen” alliance (Nick, Matty, Lions, Ryan). We played a strong pre merge and were ready to take the merge together by storm.

It was only appropriate that all 4 of us ended up in 7PM. Having a 7 person alliance at the merge stage of the game was HUGE for me because I knew the other alliance would be gunning for me right away, and rightfully so as I had voted one of them out. I wanted to pair up with Yase to go after the Luvu tribe and 7PM was just the trick. I leaned on my numbers to protect me at this stage of the game and was able to hold my advantage to use at a later date (aka never).

The next strategic alliance that led to my longevity was “The Four Horsemen” alliance (Nick, Jay, Scott, Ryan). Please note that I did NOT name this alliance. Somehow Nick and I were in two alliances with the exact same name. It was chaotic but it was fun and positioned Nick and I well. 7PM was bound to implode and by having The Four Horsemen, I was able to guarantee that I was in the majority of the majority. And that is what I did from day 1 - constantly ensure that I am in the true majority - even when there were multiple layers.

Navigating between The Four Horsemen and 4 Horsemen, I was able to ensure that my name wasn’t being considered and ensure my survival in this game. It was crucial to have these relationships outside of 7PM because once the JJ vote happened, the alliance imploded. 6PM and 5PM just weren’t gonna happen.

OUTPLAY

I started playing day 1. I knew if I got the first advantage I could use it to propel me far. I HUSTLED (using my sales skills) to earn the advantage menu during the first immunity challenge. I was up against people who have played 500+/1000+ games on Tenaged. I was up against people with supportive frats and large friend groups. Me? I’ve played 104 games. I am not what you’d consider a popular or known Tengaged player. Like Jason Derulo, I’m ridin’ solo. This advantage was not meant to be won by me but…

I created literal sales pitches to get 24+ votes and earn myself the advantage menu. To quote a Tengaged user who IDK at all:  “honestly i normally ignore spam but for that creativity i will do it.”

Another big component of my game was challenge strength. I won four immunity challenges. I showed up to every challenge with the intention of winning.

I made a playlist of music I hardly even like. Why? Because I knew the judges would NEVER appreciate my taste like Fifth Harmony & Ava Max so I needed to be strategic and put a Led Zeppelin song I’ve never even listened to on my playlist. (Final 12)

I won an endurance challenge by setting alarms all throughout my workday and not missing a single point. Even when I was standing in a beer line at a concert. (Final 8)

I used my knowledge of 42 seasons’ casts of Survivor to win a crucial immunity over other Survivor super fans. (Final 5)

I studied our entire game and used my puzzle skills to win the final immunity and ensure I was sitting in the final 3. (Final 4)

OUTWIT

Once I got the advantage menu, I was able to create a bit of mystery around my game. Of course this advantage was public so I needed to play it the right way. I told people I had a hidden immunity idol and hoped it would spread like wildfire. I knew everyone knowing I had an idol was risky, but could also be of great benefit. Since there were so many gamers on this cast, I used people’s fear of getting idol’d out to my advantage. I was even told by multiple people (3) at one point to play my idol and I still didn’t. I know what it means when people say “play your idol”: Don’t.

The truth: I was never offered an idol. I never found an idol. I was given an advantage menu and chose the Safety Without Power advantage, which would allow me to leave a tribal council before the votes are cast. But even when people were telling me to play “my idol”, I remained calm, stayed at tribal and used the power of my vote. Every time. I never had to use my advantage and this partly demonstrates my good read on the game.

——-

STATS

Advantage: Safety Without Power (unused)
Tribals Attended: 11
Voting Record: 11/11
Votes Against: 0

Immunity Wins: 4
Final 12 - No, I have the Best Playlist!
Final 8 - Marathon
Final 5 - Take 2 Guess Who
Final 4 - Memory Mess

Alliances: 7PM, Four Horsemen, 4 Horsemen, TJ/Lindsay

Jury - Good luck in your decision! This was my first long group game and I had a lot of fun and made some good friends. Definitely down to play more in the future so HMU!
673 days 8 hours ago
gbpackXLVchamps
Will the real horsemen please stand up lol
673 days 6 hours ago
lionsden121
So I'm gonna make mine short and simple.

All of you are equal in my eyes. Mind you equally bad. You all used me like a used condom. You used me abused me then threw me in the trash. Which congrats you were loyal to your alliance proud of you for that. But there was a different way where you could have acted a little less high and mighty about it.

Not one of you told me about a vote past the tj vote except oh I guess we're doing thomas. Not one of you i don't think even considered me an ally to use even though I didn't lie once to yall. I get it like im a challenge threat I would have thrown the f4 firemaking and yall still would have made it here. You didn't know that but when I said I wanted to play the most loyal game I was going to do it. Even though it wasn't repaid to myself.

Let me know if anything I said is wrong but thats what I got playing this game.

So considering none of you attempted a social  game with me and I don't really care who wins. I'll ask an easy question. I'll put as much as effort as you did with me

Whats my favorite movie? Obviously none of you are gonna get it but I'll just pick the one I like the most.
673 days 6 hours ago
gbpackXLVchamps
Tim,
Ultimately it came down to me being loyal to my Horsemen alliance members as well as to Owen and Thomas on the side.  I knew you were a good game player from Brady's series, and I saw just how well you did at comps.   You never snaked me, or even lied to me, you're correct.  However, you were on the outside and you were a threat to my closest allies making it to the end.   Yes I lied to you about a few votes, and yes I did vote you out the day you left.   There was absolutely nothing personal...you just ended up, like I have ended up several times, on the outside of the core alliance in the game.

It seems like you had a bad game experience.  I get that.  I've been in your spot before, and it isn't fun. 

Anyway, onto your question...your favorite movie

I would say  Lionheart, but something tells me you aren't a fan of Mel Gibson.
I would say The Lion King, but Idk you don't seem like a Disney kind of guy.

So I will go with Secondhand Lions.   

Based upon your jury comments, I think you felt "secondhand" in this game, so although it might be your favorite movie, it might fit your game mood at the moment.
673 days 6 hours ago
gbpackXLVchamps
so although it might* be your favorite movie, it might fit your game mood at the moment.

*might not*
673 days 5 hours ago
nickgqc
First of all congrats to all 3 of you on making finals!! I love that the the top 3 is all members of the 4h its truly epic. Also youre opening statements were on point and im so proud of yall. Im not gonna lie Ryan tho I was pretty suspicious that you didnt truly have an idol but well played man you got us all.

The way I see it is we have the physical player (ryan), the social player (jay) and the strategic player (scott). I feel you have all dominated in those regions of the game respectively. Ill start with one question each and I have 1 question for all 3 of you.

Scott - I noticed right before I got evicted that you were setting up split votes where you were always voting in minority of the split and barely ever voted members going to the jury. Was that part of youre strategy to set up votes that way or it was just  a coincidence?

Jay - If you were to win the f4 immunity, who would you have taken, and who would you have wanted to lose the fire competition in that situation? and why?

Ryan - My question that I thaught of during work was if you truly had an idol but you answered that already in youre speech. What do you think was youre biggest moves that youve done to better position yourself in the game?

My last question to all of you is...
WHY DIDNT YALL CHOOSE TO PLAY IN THE DO OR DIE? lol
673 days 5 hours ago
lionsden121
I might have you pick a different movie. I haven't seen that movie in forever I need to rewatch it. Thank you for your answer.
673 days 5 hours ago
gbpackXLVchamps
Hey Nick!

Thanks!  I'm so happy to be here.  After you left, all 3 of us in 4H were playing for you as hardly as we were playing for each other!  I hope we did you proud.

Ok, onto your question.  First of all, let me correct you...you weren't evicted.  Lady luck took you out on a hot date, got you all worked up, only to leave you lying in the dumpster with a bad case of blue balls..  Big difference.  Don't forget that.  Ok, so....voting in the minority.   Although a small part of me did think about this as a positive for me later on down the line, I did not do this for that reason.  I voted in the minority as a strategy both to help conceal that the four of us were working together, but also to play the "lost puppy" role with the minority, so the minority would not target me.  Each time this happened, I would go to the minority and claim that I was left out of the vote and that I didn't know where I stood.   It was sneaky I admit, but it got the job done.  I was never targeted by them.   So this strategy actually helped 4H stay undetected but also helped me survive the mid-merge.  All it would have taken is one successful idol play by a minority target, and I could have been gone.   As I mentioned in my opening,  I always had a target on me this game (even if no one ever shot at it), and I needed to always keep my name out of peoples' mouths.   So it was for those two reasons that I kept proposing a split vote with me choosing to vote the one who ended up staying.

As for the "Do or Die"... it was a no brainer for me.   First of all, challenges are not my strong suit, although this game I sort of held my own in them, except for a miserable f4 showing.  I was afraid if I chose to play, i might have to play one on one with someone better than me, such as you or Ryan or Lions, and I couldn't put my game at risk.     Secondly, I was in great position in the game and in my alliance, so winning immunity (and an advantage) wasn't something I really needed at that point in time.....plus, could you imagine?  Me with 2 advantages and 2 immunity wins?  I didn't need to awaken the sleeping giant and remind people of the threat that I was...
673 days 5 hours ago
gbpackXLVchamps
Ok Tim...well all game-puns aside, it is almost impossible to correctly guess your favorite movie.   I pride myself in these games as being an A+ social player but I admit, I did drop the ball a bit with you.  Maybe it was because we already knew each other from past games...maybe it was because we weren't OG tribemates....who knows, but I didn't put in the effort I should have with you. If that costs me your jury vote, that's on me.  Maybe if we had socialized more (rather than me just talking game with you and lying to you about the vote), you may have told me your favorite movie...

With that being said, even though it probably isn't your favorite, if you've seen it at all, watch YESTERDAY.     You will really really enjoy it, even if the Beatles aren't your thing.
673 days 5 hours ago
lionsden121
I have watched yesterday
673 days 3 hours ago
Yandereboy12
Hello jury congrats to all 3 of you as you know I didn't play with either of you very long but I have a question for each of you

Jay why should I vote you when you lied to me multiple times?

Scott why should I A vote a returnees over newbies to win and B what should have I done differently that you wouldn't have stabbed me in the back

And finally

Ryan why should I vote someone who just relied on challenges and advantages to get you here

Ty when you answer and once again congrats to all 3 of you for getting here  and ty Sam for being a amazing host

open group

Sam's Survivor

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!