This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

🇨🇦 LEG 6 / TORONTO 🇨🇦

Topic » 🇨🇦 LEG 6 / TORONTO..

496 days 14 hours ago
QueenMichelle
https://i.imgur.com/9UPLKt3.gif

Another duo down, and the race continues.

Racers, we’re travelling up north for this leg! I have a friend here in Toronto, and she’s letting us stay in her house for our stay..

However, it’s not just any house..

WELCOME TO THE 𝗕𝗜𝗚 𝗕𝗥𝗢𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗛𝗢𝗨𝗦𝗘 !!!!!

My good friend Arisa is letting us stay in her house, on one condition. We have to complete a round of Big Brother while we’re here!

THEME: 𝗕𝗶𝗴 𝗕𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿

You’ll send a song for the HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD competition and the POWER OF VETO competition.

𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗦𝗧 𝗦𝗢𝗡𝗚: Head of Household - ‘The Black Box’
Each duo will send a song for this competition.
The competition is “The Black Box” from Season 18 of Big Brother US, where houseguests are left in the complete dark to complete the challenge.

So for this competition, you will send a song with a DARK atmosphere!

𝗦𝗘𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗗 𝗦𝗢𝗡𝗚:: Power of Veto - ‘The Wall’
Each duo will send a song for this competition.
The competition is ‘The Wall’ from various seasons of Big Brother US, where houseguests must hold onto a wall for a prolonged amount of time.

So for this competition, you will send a song that is OVER 5 minutes long! (Less than 10 though)

~

This round has more elements however.

The duo who wins HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD will choose 𝗧𝗪𝗢 duos to nominate for eviction.

The duo who wins POWER OF VETO can save one of these duos, or leave the nominations the same.

The two duos left on the block after these two competitions will compete against their OWN partner in the lipsync for your plane ticket. One player from each duo will go home.

~

Each duo must send me a LIST of the other duos, ranking them from 1 - 5, 1 being MOST want to nominate, and 5 being LEAST want to nominate. This will decide their nominations (and re-nomination if necessary).

This leg is complex so.. if you have any questions, let me know.

You have two days to complete the leg.

Happy racing!
496 days 13 hours ago
FromAWindow
HoH: This song is a microcosm of darkness. A lot of chaotic noise and the singer putting his darkest theories of the world into the universe. Enjoy!

PoV: This song wouldn’t be 5 minutes if it weren’t for an ICONIC music ending

495 days 23 hours ago
turkeylover
THE BLACK BOX

THE WALL

495 days 18 hours ago
nateclove
Head of Household:

Power of Veto:
495 days 6 hours ago
varlto
hoh

pov
492 days 10 hours ago
tbrown_47
https://media.tenor.com/MFEGPKNT8s4AAAAd/ponste52.gif

HOH

POV
481 days 16 hours ago
QueenMichelle
BRADEN & EVE

MICHELLE:
HOH - Yves Tumor - ‘God Is A Circle’
The song itself is great obviously because it’s Yves, but my reigning winner made a point when they said the music video is darker than the actual song itself. However I still think this serves a dark atmosphere through the song pretty well with the intro and the heavy breathing throughout. It could’ve been darker but I really loved the song so you did a solid job!

SCORE: 8

POV - Malca - ‘Casablanca Jungle’
I’m so obsessed with this song. It’s over 5 minutes but it never loses my interest. It’s still insane to me how this didn’t win the nf in HSC like.. make it make sense. I’m being reminded why I rooted so hard for this. Production is SAURRRR good especially in those last few minutes. SERVE.

SCORE: 9

///

ALEXEH:
HoH - God Is a Circle - 7.5
I think this was solid! I felt like the darkness of this was a lot more in the video than in the song which I didn't necessarily mind but I do think there are different darker sounding (and probably better!) Yves Tumor songs. It was like... quite good overall but not necessarily good enough when you take into account how safe a pick Yves Tumor is for a category like this for me.

PoV - Casablanca Jungle - 7.5
Oh I remember this! Quite the cutesy lidl Moroccan slay actually. I was never as into this as some people were through the HSC NF but it's a lovely bouncy piece. I'm trying to judge this section of things on like... whether the timespan is really WORTH it and I mean... the last 2 minutes of this were easily the best so I can't fault it on that. I mean it's basically two different songs LOL which I have mixed feelings about. But lovely song!
481 days 16 hours ago
QueenMichelle
NEVRA/IMOGEN

MICHELLE:

turkeylover & MISSimogen: Ethel Cain - ‘Ptolemaea’
Immediately this was unsettling HELP.. one of the Ethel songs I haven’t heard yet but this was such a journey. Her haunting vocal coming in after that intro gave me chills. This was a terrific choice for the theme. A perfect alignment between my taste and the theme at hand. THE SCREAM.. oh this was a masterpiece. CHILLS.

SCORE: 10

capsule - ‘FREE FREE’
YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. SHAKING MY ARSE OMGGGG. The chorus was life-altering, the production was on-point for me and I was overall just really enjoying this BAWP. I would’ve loved this being longer since it was barely over 5 mins, but yass mutha!

SCORE: 9.5

///

ALEXEH:
HoH - Ptolemaea - 10
Oh I was not expecting this from Ethel Cain at all LMFAO???? When it started I was like... o_o what's going on........ and then she opened her trap and oh my gawd... the darkness it's so stunning... it kept building and going to this would've been so flawless for either theme this week actually oh my... you've outdone yourselves with this one girlies... erupts into applause

PoV - FREE FREE - 10
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSS!!!!!!! Wht an incredible piece of music you truly did get the memo and you absolutely know how to serve it from all angles just look at this compared to your dark piece... two completely different pieces of music but so so so good. This feels very revolutionary and genre defining, nostalgic yet timeless. Dare I say perfection?
481 days 16 hours ago
QueenMichelle
NATE/JAMES

MICHELLE:
HOH: Young Fathers - ‘I Saw’
YASSSSSSSSSSSS. This was excellent. This nailed the dark atmosphere. This isn’t just a song, it's a PIECE. OMG WAIT THIS WAS THE VID USED FOR LEINER IN HSC- SLAYY. The last minute of this was euphoric like I’m so obsessed. Amazing song.

SCORE: 9.5

POV:Nesen - ‘Palags’
Obviously I love this song by the best band of all time, NESEN. However this was so baity it’s kinda insane. I would’ve loved to be served something less gamebotty because it’s obvious I was gonna like this. With that being said YASSSSSSSSSSSS. Nesen slays and should win HSC but won’t. Their songs are journeys and this is no different.

SCORE: 8.5

///

ALEXEH:
HoH - I Saw - 10
Oh this is just... really fuckin good isn't it. Very artistic very anthemic very dark in a quite unexpected way. It's just a really really really good song I'm not sure what else to say about it really I don't... well done!

PoV - Palags - 8.5
I did deduct a point from my score for snooze purposes. With that being said this was a really lovely song! Not quite what I was expecting from Nesen but it's good to know Bez isn't a one off and they have more serves in their discography. I applaud the choice to go quite a way over 5 minutes too like some of these girls kept it to below 6 or even 5 and a half so to go with a 7 minute song and have it actually be worth it too... impressive!
481 days 16 hours ago
QueenMichelle
TOM/ALVARO

MICHELLE:
HOH: KATERINA - ‘Out of Luck’
THIS SAWNG YASSSSSSSSSSSSSS. This song is just good as fuck. It’s definitely not the song with the darkest atmosphere out of all the picks, like it achieved it slightly with the production and vocal effects. On a more open theme this could be a winner, but it does kinda pale in comparison to the other dark songs.

SCORE: 7.5

POV: Weyes Blood - ‘God Turn Me Into A Flower’
I was captivated by this immediately. I haven’t gotten into Weyes Blood properly yet but I rly should. This was just very beautiful methinks, sounds like sumn you’d hear as you ascend to heaven. The way it builds OMGGGGG <333 her harmonies are otherworldly and so stunning I love it. I feel so at peace listening to this. DEFOOO falling asleep to this tonight. GORGEOUS.

SCORE: 10

///

ALEXEH:
HoH - Out of luck - 7
This did feel like I paled in comparison to some of the other dark songs for me. It's kinda just... nice... to me? There's not much that sticks out either in its musical content or in its lyrics that sets it apart from the rest of the dark crowd. A little underwhelming for me I'm sorry 😦

PoV - God Turn Me Into a Flower - 9.5
This is another pick for this theme that's a little snore to me but this one is also very well executed as a song so I can only complain so much.. Weyes Blood is just such an angelic gorgeous musician this isn't a personal fave of mine but that's more of a testament to her stunning discography than it is to your work for this theme. Just a very transcendant piece.
481 days 16 hours ago
QueenMichelle
PATRICK/TBROWN

MICHELLE:
HOH: Circuit des Yeux - ‘Dogma’
Well that was interesting! It did end up creating a dark atmosphere I feel, so it succeeded in that regard. The more it went on actually the more I was living for it. I’m rly here for this actually it took a minute but it got there and I’m FEELING it.

POV: Foolish Green - ‘VOID 2’
This was different and I loved it. I wasn’t sure what to expect at the beginning, but the song kept me interested for the entire 6 minutes. It sounds like a Latvian piece actually, they do give that slayful Latvian indie band vibe that I adore. I wasn’t GAGGED but I quite enjoyed it.

///

ALEXEH:
HoH - Dogma - 7.5
This was nice! I feel like it's a potentially more creative, less unknown take on what a couple of other teams have done but with that came a slightly... lesser song imo. But only slightly! It felt like it didn't do a huge amount but also like didn't particularly need to it was just like quite dark and interesting. Not a standout for me but not a bad pick either by any means.

PoV - VOID 2 - 8
I'll be honest I wasn't sure about this at the start but once the vocals came in I was into it? It's just very much giving REAL music to me. Over its 6 minute duration it took turns I liked a lot and turns I wasn't quite as keen on but it definitely kept me on my toes!
481 days 16 hours ago
QueenMichelle
CATCH/RICK

MICHELLE:
HOH:AViVA - ‘HUSHH’
This was giving Ruelle x Bella Poarch truly. I’m really not into this sound unfortunately. This a more cutesy dark atmosphere if that makes sense. It’s not anything that will make me feel unsettled yet slayed. It achieved neither of those I fear.

SCORE: 3

POV: FictionJunction - ‘stone cold’
This started off so well OMGGGG I was so bald. I did live for the whole thing actually. I do get Ash’s critique about this feeling too long, and I slightly echo that but at the same time they’re queens.

SCORE: 8

///

ALEXEH:
HoH - HUSHH - 4
Well.... it's not for me I'll say that. I GET it as a pick for this theme but when stacked up against the rest of the picks this week even the slightly less effective ones it feels a bit... dare I say corny? Like that kinda Melanie Martinez/Bella Poarch brand of 'dark' rather than some of the other choices we've seen here it just doesn't hold up for me personally. Sorry. 😦

PoV - stone cold - 7
This started off really strong and I was like slay!! And then it kept going and I kept thinking to myself... does this really need to be six minutes long? And unfortunately I'm not entirely sure it was. It was super pleasant but bar a really nice bit at the like 4:30 mark that seemed to promise more was coming I felt like I'd heard everything I needed to in this song like 2 minutes in. It started really well though and I did kinda quite like the song in general but yeah I'm not sure it was the greatest pick for this theme.
481 days 16 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
Happy and positive:
https://youtu.be/BzGbBxfpoGw

Less than 2 minutes:
https://youtu.be/_zUm3XhHa9g

If I'm leaving, I'm going out in a blaze of blissful chaos :p
This is me.

Good luck all
481 days 15 hours ago
eveee20
bright 2000s pop punk vibes

under 2 min:
480 days 2 hours ago
nateclove
Rick:

open group

Michelle's Amazing Music Taste Race [2]

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!