This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

🇺🇸 LEG 5 / LAS VEGAS 🇺🇸

Topic » 🇺🇸 LEG 5 / LAS VEGAS..

520 days 16 hours ago
QueenMichelle
THE FIFTH PLACE TEAM IS:

VAPORWAVE: GLUME - ‘BODY’
This was definitely one of the hardest genres imo because most of the songs are just production with no vocals. I’m glad you found something like this cause like.. this is kinda like one of the best songs you COULD’VE found for vaporwave. When the vaporwave production comes in during the chorus I was living like yassssss. She’s so queen actually.. I started to love it even more as it went on. SLAY.

MODERN PSYCHEDELIA: Ambar Lucid - ‘Fantasmas’
Honestly like.. this song is a slay from MUTHA obviously, but it’s not a great choice for modern psychedelia imo? Like something from Tame Impala or something would’ve slayed. Or even another one of Ambar’s songs, such as ‘Timeless’. Actually listening to Timeless again, this would’ve been a 10/10 with both songs in mind. But unfortunately this wasn’t really the genre I was looking for.

VERDICT: 7.5/10
520 days 16 hours ago
QueenMichelle
BOTTOM TWO COMMENTS:

PennyTrationStan & varlto

AMBIENT INSTRUMENTAL: Arca - ‘Fireprayer’
Wait cause why didn’t I know Arca had an instrumental only album.. this instrumental made me feel things y’all idk.. like I kinda closed my eyes and imagined myself on a desert plain with nothing else in sight and imagined myself at peace idk.. the random piano HELP.. I didn’t need that but overall this was quite pretty<3

CHRISTIAN POP: Asha Elia - ‘Nights Like This’
Mom! This is so budget tbh.. like one part of me is like YASSS but another part is like hmm. Though I wasn’t expecting something like this for christian pop so I’m glad you found something like it. It got a bit old as it went on but at least we didn’t get C*lton.

VERDICT: 7/10

-

Insanity & dragotistic

ICELANDIC ROCK: KALEO - ‘Way Down We Go’
I know Icelandic rock wasn’t the.. easiest theme to do, and this song is fine yeah. I would’ve liked something that had more guitars, this rag'n'bone man production / vocal really isn’t doing it for me unfortunately. It’s like barely rock to me idk.. not into it at all actually. I looked through a few Icelandic rock songs myself, and a song I would’ve loved is ‘Herdubreid’ by an artist named Ensimi in case you wanted an indication of a potential slay in this category.

CLASSIC ANIME: YOASOBI - ‘Monster’
YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. This was a slay. I never watched the anime that this is from but if the song says anything about it then it’s probably rly good! Enjoyed this from start to finish, I wish the Icelandic pick was better because you’d be safe as fuck.

VERDICT: 6/10
520 days 16 hours ago
QueenMichelle
The bottom teams will send two songs, however they have a CHOICE. They can send one song from any of SEVEN genres. One genre that each pair sent a song for was chosen at random to be an option for the lipsync. These seven genres are:

AUSTRALIAN INDIGENOUS HIP HOP
CLASSIC ANIME
GOSPEL BLUES
MODERN PSYCHEDELIA
LATIN JAZZ
NOISE
AMBIENT INSTRUMENTAL

So each pair in the bottom two will choose two of those genres to send a song for.

You have 1 day to send.
519 days 18 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
modern psychedelia

(u want some pysceldilia bitch ur gonna GET some fkn pschchaydlelia!!!!!!!!!!)

noise
519 days 17 hours ago
Insanity
Classic Anime:

Modern Psychedelia:
519 days 16 hours ago
QueenMichelle
WINNER OF THE LIPSYNC:

PennyTrationStan & varlto

MODERN PSYCHEDELIA: Lotus Bud - ‘Ahhhh, These Chains!’
YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS finally somebody who knows how to deliver modern psychedelia.. (sry james) this was so so good. The lowkey start and then the song took me on a journey woah.. this is definitely one of the best songs sent so far to this contest, I was entranced the entire time, definitely something I’d listen to if I was on an acid trip or something. EXQUISITE.

NOISE: Daniela Lalita - ‘Atras’
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS honestly anybody who knows me knows that I love NOISE. It’s not hard to impress me with noise if you know what you’re doing. This is the biggest wall of noise in the chorus and I’m so here for it omfggggggg. I’m genuinely so bald by this song, Daniela Lalita you are INSANE. Bookmarking this mv for a future latvian collapse iktr..

VERDICT: 10/10
519 days 16 hours ago
QueenMichelle
ELIMINATED RACERS:

Insanity & dragotistic

CLASSIC ANIME: LiSA - ‘Crossing Field’
The nostalgia that rushed thru my body when this came on woah.. I truly miss SAO. I always did bop to this when the opening credits were on. She’s a queen methinks. The song definitely could’ve been 3 minutes but I’ll take it nyasss.

MODERN PSYCHEDELIA: Temples - ‘Paraphernalia’
Omgg I haven’t listened to this in ages <33 there was a period when this song was my main obsession. I still rly love it, these men are so real truly.. I need to get into their other stuff.

VERDICT: 8/10

open group

Michelle's Amazing Music Taste Race [2]

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!