This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

🇧🇼 LEG 2 / CENTRAL KALAHARI GAME RESERVE 🇧🇼

Topic » 🇧🇼 LEG 2 / CENTRAL..

578 days 9 hours ago
QueenMichelle
https://i.imgur.com/ixbcj5n.gif

*The racers get off their first flight which has landed in the most random of grass plains in Botswana*

Welcome racers, to the gorgeous yet probably extremely dangerous Central Kalahari Game Reserve here in BOTSWANA! I definitely just saw a lion lurking behind a tree in the distance but werk!!

The Central Kalahari Game Reserve is known as one of the most dangerous and inaccessible reserves in the world, but it’s ALSO famous for being the ultimate location for an adventurous wildlife safari! And that’s what we’re here for girls.

For your first official leg as duos, I wanted to explore the relationship between two animals in the wild! For example, the lion I saw lurking earlier is definitely about to pounce on an ostrich or sumn any time now! The lion’s a predator, and the ostrich is it’s prey.. and that relationship is what we’ll be exploring with our theme today!

The theme of this leg is 𝗣𝗥𝗘𝗗𝗔𝗧𝗢𝗥 𝘃. 𝗣𝗥𝗘𝗬.
Each pair will replicate this relationship with their songs.
One member of the pair will send a song for PREDATOR, and the other will send a song for PREY. These are up to interpretation at the end of the day but I will give some ideas.

𝗣𝗥𝗘𝗗𝗔𝗧𝗢𝗥:
- For example, send a song with an aggressive vocal or bombastic production to resemble the aggression that some predators have when hunting and catching their prey.
- You could also send a song that is more literal, e.g. a song with the name of an animal predator in the title (for example: Carmen Farala - PANTERA (Panther)).
- The song could talk about the hunting process, or ‘the chase’, This doesn’t have to relate directly to animal predators. An example: ‘Nadja Kasanesh - The Chase’ (bop) (don’t send it).

𝗣𝗥𝗘𝗬:
- Many types of prey camouflage themselves from potential predators, this can translate into sending a song that is low-key and calm.
- Sometimes prey can escape from predators when being chased. This could be viewed from a human perspective, with a song that talks about escaping a toxic relationship (or something along those lines).

One of the main things I want to see from this challenge is how each individual pair works together to come up with an interesting predator vs prey relationship. It’s not a REQUIREMENT for the predator & prey songs to directly relate to each other, but it’d be interesting if any of you could achieve that.

Also I’m getting rid of the rating out of 20 shite. I will have comments for each song and pair altogether but I won’t be applying a specific rating to each song.

The deadline for this challenge is 48 hours from now, so when this thread turns 2 days ago.
577 days 9 hours ago
eveee20
PREDATOR:
this is the mindset of somebody who’s the predator (probably)

577 days 9 hours ago
FromAWindow
Prey:
this is the mindset of someone who’s been preyed on by the higher ups of the music industry (definitely)

577 days 8 hours ago
Christian_
In a mental ward, a woman is sitting across the table from John, staring blankly into the ground.

“How have you been, Alex?” asked John.

Alex didn’t reply.

From his pocket, John laid down a picture, it was a photo where both of them were looking into the camera, smiling happily.

A single drop of tear rolled down her cheek.

“Why did you do that?” asked John.

Alex remained silent. Her blank expression started showing some changes.

Two years ago, Alex was a fierce businesswoman, she has already known to be someone that is hard to catch, the antelope as people say. Many men wanted to get her but they had always failed, until John came along.

John had laid eyes on her ever since they first met. Like other men, he was rejected the first time. However, he never gave up and tried different ways to please her. Slowly, he managed to wear her down and she opened up her heart. The picture was taken when they officially announced to their friends that they were together. At the same night, they had their first intimate connection.

577 days 7 hours ago
ilovetosing
“It was all your fault!” said a deep voice coming out of Alex’s mouth.

“You have finally showed yourself,” said John smugly.

John started going cold and distant after that. It’s like he had consumed his prey. Alex started growing more and more insecure. Eventually, one evening, Alex saw that John was kissing another man in the living room. She was stunned, she couldn’t say a word and left the scene immediately.

“You betrayed Alex!” said the deep voice.

“Sam, stop using Alex’s body, you have done things that she would regret,” John lowered his body and was facing Alex.

Soon after Alex had seen that, they had broken up.

Six months after they had broken up, Alex heard that John was getting married with another woman. She broke down, she didn’t understand why he was marrying another woman but not her. Hatred started infecting her every cell, she started developing a second personality and the name is Sam.

Sam vows to take revenge for Alex. Sam stole the ring from John’s wedding ceremony and buried it under the tree where they first met.

In the mental ward, John put the ring that Sam had stolen on the table.

“It’s over, Alex,” John left the ward after that.

Alex left sobbing alone in the room with John’s footsteps growing fainter and fainter as he walks away.
577 days 3 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
Pete and Rick

Prey - Hayloft I

https://youtu.be/fFt0s7crDfo

Predator - Hayloft II

https://youtu.be/v8ZAVruZ63M

Sypnosis: In Hayloft I the girl and her lover are the prey. 'Daddy' has the gun and he's hunting them down.

In Hayloft II the roles are reversed, the daughter ('my baby') has the gun and has become the predator and finally is able to break the toxic relationship cycle. An eye for an eye, a leg for a leg.

Prey and predator songs in one video:
https://youtu.be/4P7mADPNm3k
577 days 2 hours ago
ryan5676
PREY:
This is about a person running away from her demons as they watch her every move.

576 days 12 hours ago
tbrown_47
We decided to showcase how an artist can use their musical versatility to express qualities of both the predator and the prey

THE PREY
576 days 12 hours ago
Patrick319
THE PREDATOR
576 days 7 hours ago
dragotistic
prey:

predator:
576 days ago
nateclove
girl our movie is soooo sad! like ur literally gonna cry!!!

PART 1: PREDATOR
This girl named Nemah(sis) is like a cute quiet girl at skewl and then bam the sexy hot history teacher is being PREDATORY to her and trying to TAKE HER ANAL VIRGINITY like think Pretty Little Liars storyline. This is basically like his POV or something of their time during their super #taboo relationship!

Song:

PART 2: PREY

Guess what he left her after she graduated lolz. Because he is WHAT??? A PEDO!!!! Nemah is like super heartbroken cause of this and like, its finally dawning on her how manipulative and wrong their relationship was. Poor Nemah :((((( Who else cried???

Song:
575 days 16 hours ago
selisic
Predators
The demons to the running demons song xoxo
https://youtu.be/moFKVh6DNyI
575 days 15 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑

as an opening statement, judge michelle, i ask you thee following question.
𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘶𝘱𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯?

vtss’s opus ‘body mind hell’ opens with the lyrics “first time meeting in the flesh / no reason to stress, just trust the process baby”. in this analogy, vtss represents the all-knowing predator – it could be anyone or anything, from a cheetah in the wild having stumbled upon a gazelle to an online dater with hidden intentions, but one thing’s for sure: they have their sights lured on their new victim.

with a pulsating industrial techno electronic instrumental, the song creates a very dark, tense and unsettling vibe. vtss’s emotionless and monotone vocals (evoking the spirit of a bloodthirsty predator) paired with horror-esque synths give off the sense that something really bad is about to happen, and that the prey is bound to be attacked by the predator.

“with every cell / body mind hell / getting addicted to your smell / [...] / falling straight under your spell / [...] / lose the soul i might as well” could be read as the prey falling victim of the predator’s attack, but could also be interpreted as the predator becoming entranced with their prey, their yearning to attack and predate on their victim only growing stronger and stronger. the repeated phrase “out with the old, in with the new” would also be in reference to a predator’s day to day life, carefully selecting, luring out and attacking their new victim, either for means to survive… or simply because they want to.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐘

a prey is a defenseless creature, one whose existence both contradicts and completes the one of a predator. in maria arnal and marcel bagés' hymn 'meteorit ferit', which roughly translates to english as 'hurt meteor', the vocalist describes their slow descend into madness and succumbing to their own pain and wounds – eerily similar to the dread of a prey being attacked and mauled by a predator (be it in a literal sense or metaphorical).

lyrically it is a very somber track, the electronic instrumental paired with maria arnal's more docile, smoother vocals (in contrast to vtss text to speech impersonation) evoke a gorgeous gorgeous soundscape – somewhat lowkey and calm? if you will? as maria sings of a pain that is destroying her bit by bit, almost as if she’s suffering directly at the hands of the predator in question – some lyrical examples include "perdo la meva armadura" (losing my armor); "cada capa de l'atmosfera em va deixant més i més nua" (each atmosphere layer hurts me more and more); "ara tan tendra i abans tan dura" (now so weak but so strong before); "perdo la meva armadura i l'abraço tan fort com puc com si fos la teva cintura" (i lose my armor and i hug it as tight as i can as if it was ur waist).

one could argue that both of the songs me and my divina™  partner picked aren’t in the same language. well yes that was obviously a precedented choice by both of us – walk with me here michelle, the two differing languages for each of the songs is emblematic of their dichotomy itself, they both have differing paths and origins, and represent their contradicting points of view. i just know dominique cooper of BB19 fame would agree no?
575 days 14 hours ago
turkeylover
Tonight, we chose to tell a story about a hunter. On the surface, it tells a simple tale of a hunter hunting a deer. But deeper, there’s a focus on the hunter, being forced into that lifestyle. it tells a story of a queer and/ or trans person masking who they are for everyone else’s sake. Are they doomed if they hide who they are? Are they doomed if they embrace? The people around them seem themselves as the predator, so if they embrace it, they’ll become the prey.

Predator:

Prey:

575 days 9 hours ago
QueenMichelle
Welcome to the PITSTOP results show of Leg 2!

After racing through the Central Kalahari Game Reserve, I've judged your songs and now it's time to reveal how you all did.

Just like last season, I'll be handing out PLANE TICKETS to the next destination, from 1st all the way down to 7th, which will leave the bottom 2 duos left, who will have to lipsync for their plane ticket(s).

Let's find out how the gworlz did, shall we??
575 days 8 hours ago
QueenMichelle
The duo receiving the 1st ticket, traveling to the next destination is..

open group

Michelle's Amazing Music Taste Race [2]

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!