This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

ROUND 10: 90s Bops

Topic » ROUND 10: 90s Bops

803 days 9 hours ago
DarkTyphoon23
In this round, we'll be turning back the clock to the BEST time to grow up in - the 1990s! (aka when Scott peaked in high school) This is a pretty open round - any theme, any song, but dig deep and find a unique song during this unique decade to wow the judges. We're down to the final FIVE, so bring us your best stuff and let's party like it's 199__.

DEADLINE: Sunday, 1/16 at 5 PM CST (6 PM EST) (submit your songs to me, jan! thru discord.)

https://c.tenor.com/39vkbLaFbM8AAAAC/clueless-cher.gif
797 days 5 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Final 5!

Well, we sadly must say goodbye to one of our favorites...INSANITY :(
The slow pace of this game caught up to his ADHD and alas he chose to not submit a song and will end up in 5th place.

Which means... the 4 songs were judged against one another and one more of you will be leaving.

As always, we will start at the Scott (top) and work our way down to the Kellen (bottom).
797 days 5 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Ranking 1/4 with Bitch by Meredith Brooks...JAXON!

Christian:
-it was cute! nothing like...GROUNDBREAKING really, her voice was nice and the lyrics were catchy enough but i feel like it didn't quite...HOOK me ya know? i feel like this song's placement will prob be more based on how i feel about the other songs because i'm not like super into this or against it. good luck! (3/4)

Kellen:
Bop!! This chorus is so good? I enjoy her voice and the overall vibe this song is putting out there. It’s catchy and something that I could see people jamming to today — or a singer/songwriter could produce something similar. Overall, I like how the song progresses from verse to chorus really well (1/4)

Scott:
A classic bop. I’ve listened to this a ton throughout my life. I’m sure whoever submitted this is a bitch so well done on picking a fitting song. But in all seriousness, this is exactly what I think of when I imagine a 90s bop. Typical 90s chick, vibe, beat, whatever. Good submission for this round! (1/4)

Average: 1.67
797 days 5 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Ranking 2/4 with Baby Baby by Corona...DELETE2544!

Christian:
-CORONA? anyway this was...something because it felt like it was only being played to my left ear and not my right one...anyway! the beat is catchy nods, her voice isnt the BEST but i feel she really is giving it a lot of passion! good pick! (1/4)

Kellen:
This song was a vibe, like if I lived in the 90s, I feel like I’d rock with this at a club. The beat is good, the song is catchy, and I like her voice. I was bobbing my head up and down throughout which is usually a good sign. Great submission! (2/4)

Scott:
Ehhhh. I mean it’s fine but almost sounds more disco-y than 90s. It’s definitely a faster paced song though and I do love the music throughout the song. It grew on me as the song progressed and will do mediocre depending on the other choices. (3/4)

Average: 2.00
797 days 5 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Will our bottom two please step forward...

*StraightLoonie and Howlovely approach the judges*
797 days 5 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Ranking 3/4 with The Sign by Ace of Base...STRAIGHTLOONIE!

Christian:
-this sounds familiar...OMG LMAOOOOOOOO ITS THE SONG FROM PITCH PERFECT....stop.......anyway pitch perfect sorta did it better but this is still sorta bopping. my main critique would just be the instrumental gets a little too much at a time but...i liked it! (2/4)

Kellen:
I feel like this is a more well-known song, due to being used in like movies and stuff now adays, but overall it wasn’t the worst song but it also didn’t stand out to me like my top two. It’s a fun, vibey song. (3/4)

Scott:
LMAO I love this song so much. Idk what it is but this type of music is always something I’ll enjoy whether when I was 10, 20, eventually 30 and beyond. The beat is so catchy especially at the chorus shifts. I love her voice compared the music! Good submission this round for me and will be near the top. (2/4)

Average: 2.33
797 days 5 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Which means unfortunately going home and…

Ranking 4/4 with It's Over by The Veldt...HOWLOVELY!

Christian:
-eh...i feel like this is one of those bands that all sound the exact same as each other, and this one really didn't stand out as anything...special? it also like was super overblared with the music and could barely hear him which i guess isnt really a BAD thing since he was meh anyway. also freedrick like legit started screaming during this song and i do believe it was because of it yup yup yup. (4/4)

Kellen:
This is nothing special in my opinion. It’s a very linear song with nothing that like grabs me really. I zoned out a couple times and had to go back and listen. I think it’s a cute song, but at this stage in the game it feels safe and you can’t really play it safe with only four people submitting. (4/4)

Scott:
I mean you’ve seen how we’ve ranked this entire time and this is the time you decide to risk it with a not very well known song? The music was SO LOUD. I couldn’t even hear the lyrics for most of it tbh. I mean honestly, I could see this being a theme song in a movie or something from years ago and it does fit the 90s but it really wasn’t doing much for me. Will be at or near the bottom for me this round :/ (4/4)

Average: 4.00

open group

_, Kellen, & Scott Music Contest (_KSMC)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!