This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

ROUND 9: ALABAMA ARTISTS

Topic » ROUND 9: ALABAMA ARTISTS

807 days 17 hours ago
sjsoccer88
That’s right. We are down to our Final 7 and what better way to celebrate than to listen to good music sung by musicians who were BORN in Alabama. There’s a ton of very good artists (some well known and some locally known) but also many different genres to choose from. The most common artists from Alabama sing R&B, Soul, Rap, and Country. I am providing a list of some of the more famous musicians to help you out, but there are so many more out there so feel free to use anyone else! The song can be whatever you want it to be as long as it is sung by an artist who was born in Alabama. Do not post a song that has multiple artists from all over the United States/World and has one person from bama.

Possible musicians to use (but not limited to):

Alabama
Yelawolf
Lionel Richie
Commodores
Jason Isbell
Gucci Mane
Doe B
Taylor Hicks
Alabama Shakes
Nat King Cole
Eddie Levert
Emmylou Harris
Wilson Pickett

Deadline 6 pm CST Tuesday January 11, 2022.
807 days 17 hours ago
HowLovely
https://i.imgur.com/3t7Erib.gif
807 days 16 hours ago
Insanity
https://media1.giphy.com/media/3o7OsRoVxzIbqGMIvK/giphy.gif
807 days 2 hours ago
Christian_
https://i.imgur.com/3t7Erib.gif
803 days 22 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Final 7!

First things first, someone did not meet the deadline to submit a song. As a result, Maxi1234 you have been disqualified. You performed poorly this entirely season which isn’t surprising given your music taste.

Now onto those who actually submitted songs which I appreciate. Some of you put in thought to this round and others were lazy. Sorry you didn’t like the theme but get the hell over it. Keep y’all’s poor attitude up and I ain’t giving any money out to anyone.

As always, we will start at the top and work out way down the Christian, I mean bottom.
803 days 22 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Ranking 1/6 with Brick House by The Commodores…INSANITY!

Christian:
-are they...limp wrist? i think so. anyway i was surprisingly sorta vibing to this which i did not think i would. i feel sorta in the mood to attack women and call them a brick house now. good job. (2/6)

Kellen:
BOPPPPP!! This is such a classic and something drunk me would think was funny to get down to. Overall, it’s a vibe, catchy, something most songs this round can’t say. Usually I would rank this a bit lower but a lot of submissions missed the mark this round. (3/6)

Scott:
One of my favorite songs of all time. I grew up listening to this with my parents and have heard it played at lots of weddings and events. This has one of the catchiest beats ever in any song. Their voices are so smooth and go so well with this era of music. So good. Congrats on picking my favorite this round. (1/6)

Average: 2.00
803 days 22 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Ranking 2/6 with Kill! Kill! Kill! by The Pierces…JAXON!

Christian:
-for a song called KILL KILL KILL, i did not expect...that intro...i guess for an alabaman this is pretty good but i was bored as hell like this really was giving me such hope from the title but they had to go the most boring route possible. yawns LOUDLY. (6/6)

Kellen:
This was a breath of fresh air this round, the first submission I actually liked! It had a cool like weird throwbacky vibe to it and I dug it. I liked the voices and it’s something I could see myself singing along to. You KILLED! KILLED! KILLED! This round. (1/6)

Scott:
Yesssss. I was hoping people would find artists who were born in Alabama but may have ventured off elsewhere like these two did in LA. I LOVE this song. I had never heard of it before but this is good? I might listen to some more of their music because I thoroughly enjoyed the beat and rhythm to this. Will be at or near the top for me! (2/6)

Average: 3.00 (you tied for 2nd but two of three judges had you higher ranked)
803 days 22 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Ranking 3/6 with In The Midnight Hour by Wilson Pickett…STRAIGHTLOONIE!

Christian:
-the jazz instruments were now but he sounded like he was singing like 15 feet away from his microphone. the song itself...okay? i much would prefer listening to a version without him...singing but i mean he was so quiet half the song i feel he accomplished that pretty well anyway. (3/6)

Kellen:
Sorta a song I could see people like snapping too? It’s got a cool old school vibe to it and I enjoyed it. His voice was nice and the song grabbed me throughout, good submission! (2/6)

Scott:
So fucking talented. Back when people could sing unlike most artists these days who either just yell into the mic or have music covering what they lack. I think that hint of raspy/jazz in a man’s voice while singing is one of the best things to listen to in the world. There were some other strong submissions this round and two of them really impressed me that I hadn’t heard before so this will wind up somewhere in the middle. (4/6)

Average: 3.00 (you tied for 2nd but only one judge had you higher ranked)
803 days 22 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Ranking 4/6 with Young Hearts Run Free by Candi Staton…HOWLOVELY!

Christian:
-was sorta nervous when i saw the scott-era cover art but honestly? this slaps me like a bitch. queen gave and delivered so hard, YOUNG HEARTS! RUN FREE! it deserves the best in life. great pick! (1/6)

Kellen:
I liked her voice and honestly, a couple of submissions in this round were CHOICES, so you will probably be a middle of the road song. Good voice, flows well, something that I moved my head side to side to, but nothing I would run to play again, once was fine! (4/6)

Scott:
Mom. Bop. I do like this song a lot. It’s old-school but she’s so talented. It’s not a song that I would listen to but it’s hard to deny a good classic when you hear one. This isn’t the worst or the best submission this round for me but there were other good submissions that I liked a bit more so this might not be as high as expected :z (5/6)

Average: 3.33
803 days 22 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Will our bottom two HISOKA and DELETE2544 please step forward…

Both of you have had very strong showings at time. But for one of you, your time is coming to an end
803 days 22 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Ranking 5/6 with Stay High Again by Brittany Howard…DELETE2544!

Christian:
-jesus...this intro is something...it improved thank god but yikes O_O what a start to ALABAMA week...i feel there really isn't much...substance to this song? is it not just her saying I WANT TO STAY...WITH YOU!!!! over and over...the beat is sorta catchy though so that makes up for it. (5/6)

Kellen:
I mean… I just don’t like this type of shit sorry. I understand you had a small incestuous pool to choose from, so I give you some slack there but honestly idk what this song is. Like, the singing is not good, I guess the vibe of the song is good for aa night out when you’re drunk and just looking to move, but girl this was not it. (5/6)

Scott:
I LOVE Alabama Shakes. Brittany is so talented and not many people know about her. I love the vibes from this song and it’s so pleasant and easy going. Her voice is so unique and you get mixtures of so many other artists. This will be one of the top choices for me this round. Nice choice! (3/6)

Average: 4.33
803 days 22 hours ago
sjsoccer88
Which means unfortunately going home and…

Ranking 6/6 with Gives You Hell by Taylor Hicks…HISOKA!

Christian:
-im sorry LMAO? you chose...a COVER? i mean i know he was sorta a flop post-American Idol but im sure he had at least ONE DECENT SINGLE TO SUBMIT...? anyway it sounded like a generic country old white man covering this at a bar karaoke. granted that is what he sounds like but :shrug: the song itself is catchy enough i suppose though. oh yikes not ALL THE OLD MEN JOINING IN...? i just know these are scott's besties... (4/6)

Kellen:
LMFAO this ain’t even his song… could have picked one of his original songs for this round not like a cover? But honestly, this is worse than the original song and his voice is like… not hick enough for a Taylor HICKS. The song is simply one I would skip on my commute.  (6/6)

Scott:
This isn’t even his song? He has so many other unique songs that are his. I wish you would’ve picked one of them instead of picking something that isn’t even his. Regardless, you can hear his raspy voice come through in this and he is very talented. I’ll be ranking this at or right above the bottom because I think he has better songs out there and felt choosing a cover was lazy or either a failed attempt at thinking outside of the box. (6/6)

Average: 5.33

open group

_, Kellen, & Scott Music Contest (_KSMC)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!