This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 11: Results Show

Topic » Round 11: Results Show

7 days 21 hours ago
Petro
I had to sit out for judging, but Andrew took my spot. Xakim is back in the panel. Let's get to it
7 days 21 hours ago
Petro
Allison, Kellen, Jen, Ess and Kinny, you all had to sing off in the arena, but unfortunately one of you didn't shine as much as the others. The person that is going home tonight is...
7 days 21 hours ago
Petro
Ranking 8/8 and going home in 8th place we have... Kellen with Here Comes The Night by Agnes
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - -

Ali: I mean the song is fine. But not exactly what I was hoping to receive. Not to mention the song is not really my style of music. I am all about vocals, and her voice gets lost for me amongst the heavy instrumental. (7/8)

Andrew: I just didn’t care for this song at all. The song felt slow to be honest. It never really picked up. I didn’t think it was memorable or catchy until towards the end. She picked it up in the last chorus but I don’t think it was enough for me to enjoy the song collectively. (7/8)

Xakim: So immediately I notice Agnes and I think to myself “oh no another heavy instrumental in a song” and I was right, throughout this song I felt as though her vocals were swallowed by the loud chords and instruments in the background and it became overbearing, I continued to listen and I felt as though this song wasn’t really giving me much, it was on static beat the whole time which turned me off. (8/8)

The three scores combined gave you an average of 7.3. This ranked you EIGHTH overall. Unfortunately your time has come to an end.
7 days 21 hours ago
Petro
Congrats to the rest of you, you all have survived!
7 days 21 hours ago
Petro
I'll now reveal results from WORST to BEST.
7 days 21 hours ago
Petro
In 7th place we have… Ray with Love You For A Long Time by Maggie Rogers
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - -

Ali: What even? I asked for a pop song, and this gives me country pop vibes. I even submitted an example of Tonight by Charter for inspiration and to know the kind of songs I am looking for, and your song is way different from what I was hoping to receive. The song itself is actually pretty nice and I can vibe with it, but not for this theme. (8/8)

Andrew: I just was annoyed listening to this song. The verses were all right but then the chorus came on and I literally hated every moment of it. It just had my least favorite chorus out of all eight songs which is a big deal in a round where the theme is to submit a catchy pop song. (8/8)

Xakim: I feel like this song was the best submission here vocal wise, I loved the way she sang with such ease and beauty and the chorus of this song was just amazing, you continue to impress and I want you to keep it up! (2/8)

The three scores combined gave you an average of 6. This ranked you SEVENTH overall.
7 days 21 hours ago
Petro
In 6th place we have… Anthony with Dress by Charlotte Sands

Ali: I have this song on my playlist, and while I do enjoy it, she is a bit basic to me. Like I don’t even go out of my way to play it, I just let it play when shuffle mode chooses it. But I can’t fault the song for being up to my taste, but I don’t highly consider it something I can see myself enjoying for a long time. (5/8)

Andrew: I couldn’t help it but laugh every time she said “what a mess I’m in, you’re so masculine” The lyrics were awful but that’s what you expect with pop music sometimes. Other than that, I enjoyed the verses a lot. The instrumental at the chorus got to me a bit (in a bad way) and that’s why I did not enjoy the song as much. (6/8)

Xakim: The things I liked about this song ranged from melody and artistic style all the way to the vocals and the presentation of the bass and bridge, however it’s come down to the single digits and the competition is stiff, for an unconventional female pop song I feel like I’ve heard a sound like this many times so is this too generic? (6/8)

The three scores combined gave you an average of 5.6. This ranked you SIXTH overall.
7 days 21 hours ago
Petro
In 5th place we have… Allison with You're Not Harry Styles by Dylan

Ali: She is definitely cute and adorable to listen to, but I had to compare your song to the other submissions and they were edgier/had more of a punch to them. You do serve when you need to though, I must say. And I am hoping you didn’t choose a song by Dylan just because she did good before, because if I happen to like one song from an artist, doesn’t mean I would end up enjoying their other songs. (6/8)

Andrew: I love songs like this that just start SCREAMING at the chorus. It’s energetic, fun, and just enjoyable. I loved this a lot! This was a perfect song to submit with a theme like this. (4/8)

Xakim: Ok this song has such a fun and catchy vibe to it, I really enjoyed it and bobbed my head to it, she has that cute girl next door type of voice and it really worked for this song. (5/8)

The three scores combined gave you an average of 5. This ranked you FIFTH overall.
7 days 21 hours ago
Petro
In 4th place we have… Jen with Roll The Dice by Shaylen

Ali: Catchy? Check. Upbeat? Check. Can I see myself dancing to this song even though I don’t actually dance? Check. However, the production has a poor value, which is why I ranked your song below Kinny’s. The song could have used a better studio or a team behind it because it’s very catchy and up to my standards. (3/8)

Andrew: Okay so this is by far my favorite submission from you! The production might not be there but the POP REALNESS WAS. I loved the beat to this song. I enjoy listening to pop songs that have that latin element to them, so that just added to thing that made your song more unique and enjoyable. (2/8)

Xakim: This song was pretty decent, I feel like if she gave us a little more vocals and less pop charm it would’ve sparked my interest a little more, but overall this song was like average and decent to me. (7/8)

The three scores combined gave you an average of 4. This ranked you FOURTH overall.
7 days 21 hours ago
Petro
In 3rd place we have… Dustin with Josh by Preach PRC

Ali: She is adorable, but I wish the song had more of a punch to it. But I still love it. It’s a unique submission and definitely stands out, I just wish the song was way catchier because this is one of those songs that not everyone can get into. And for me, this theme is all about songs I can see myself instantly vibing with from first listen. (4/8)

Andrew: I’ve listened to this song before and it’s already on my playlist. It fits the theme really well and I’ve only ranked it lower because after awhile the roboticy voice in the chorus just starts to get annoying to be honest. Definitely a bop though! (5/8)

Xakim: I fell in love with the song immediately, the intro grasped my interest from the get go and then it continued to spark me with the catchy beat and melody of the song, I love the story this song told me, I come back to you STILL crushing it like ok get it sir. (1/8)

The three scores combined gave you an average of 3.3 This ranked you THIRD overall.
7 days 21 hours ago
Petro
That leaves Kinny and Ess
7 days 21 hours ago
Petro
In 2nd place we have… Kinny with Dream of You by Chung Ha

Ali: Oh she came to slay and yes she did. The upbeat and catchiness on ANOTHER level. You are the dark horse of the season that I never quite tell what I am doing to get from you next. Like, it’s very hard to get a read on you in terms of your taste since it seems you have bits of everything in you. (2/8)

Andrew: No, because you should’ve submitted an actual KPOP song. There’s just something about the hook of this song that just makes it memorable and super catchy. I think you fit the theme super well and managed to make this round a little bit more unique than some of the other contestants. (3/8)

Xakim: this is what I feel kpop would sound like if it was actually in English LMAO, I really loved the multiple different flows this song gave us and I’m just in love with the tunes of her voice, the bridge was catchy and so was the chorus. (3/8)

The three scores combined gave you an average of 2.6 This ranked you SECOND overall.
7 days 21 hours ago
Petro
In 1st and winning IMMUNITY we have… Ess with Entertain Me by Ylona Garcia

Ali: It’s becoming easy to tell which song is yours, could either be a good thing or a bad thing, same thing can be said about someone like Dustin & Anthony I guess. What I mean is that it would be nice to do something.. unexpected. But I suppose you couldn’t have done much with the given theme that falls out of your comfort zone. But this is in regard to your previous submissions, generally speaking combined with this song. With that being said, I will never drag your signature songs as long as they deliver. And this one does, hence being ranked #1. (1/8)

Andrew: It was the best song. You don’t need a critique. Everything about this song has me wanting to replay it again and again and again. (1/8)

Xakim: This song was giving me Ari and dua Lipa vibes and it really worked here, I’ve heard this type of beat before but I felt like there was a new aspect of collaborative melodies and I enjoyed it, good job. (4/8)

The three scores combined gave you an average of 2. This ranked you FIRST overall.

open group

XMC 7: The Guillotine

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!