This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

All Stars Round 7: Results Show

Topic » All Stars Round 7: Results..

1 day 19 hours ago
abstractjay
This week, the judges and I wanted you to submit a song that would rock our worlds! Some soared to the top and some, well, never surfaced.

You were split into two teams (red and blue) the team that has the best overall average will be safe from elimination while the team with the worst overall average is eligible for elimination and the LVP on the losing team will be sent into the arena immediately.

This will be the final round of Phase 1.
1 day 19 hours ago
abstractjay
This round was supposed to be a 3-way elimination between Jaxon (Season 1, 3rd place), Scotty (Season 2, 3rd place), and Krystal (Season 2 winner). However, a mistake has cost another all-star the grand prize. Matt (Season 2, 4th place) has failed to submit a song and has been disqualified from the competition. This elimination is cancelled and all three people in danger are safe.

Jan, your score will count towards the BLUE team due to Matt's elimination.
1 day 19 hours ago
abstractjay
In 1st place we have... Jan with 前前前世 by RADWIMPS
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jay: 前前前世 - RADWIMPS: I love this band so damn much (these is the people who made the “Your Name” OST which this song is a part of). The exuberance of this song is just incredible and the youthful vocals compliment that theme really well. The instrumental is just great for me, I love the lighter, airier type of rock that this song shoots for. Incredible song. (1/10)

Kinny: 前前前世 - I really like idk the nostalgia that comes with listening to this song. I think there's like always this like energizing / empowering feeling and passion I get from Japanese rock. It's just like something that makes me want to get up and run (while listening to the song, not away from it). Idk it's super cute and fun. I like it! 2/10

Xanny: Radwimps - This was a great submission and the instrumentals didnt over power the lyrics at all which I loved 3/10

The three scores combined gave you an average of 2.00. This ranked you FIRST overall.

Congratulations Jan, you have won the MVP and the overall round!
1 day 19 hours ago
abstractjay
In 2nd place we have... Britt with ТЫ РАЗБИЛА ПАПИНУ МАШИНУ by ПОШЛАЯ МОЛЛИ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jay: ТЫ РАЗБИЛА ПАПИНУ МАШИНУ - ПОШЛАЯ МОЛЛИ: The autotune in this song just adds a lot to this song (it's not even trying to hide it), which I think is an effective of autotune. The instrumental complements the vocals super well in my opinion, shows great production for me. It's really catchy and I like it. It does get a little repetitive towards the end though. (4/10)

Kinny: ТЫ РАЗБИЛА ПАПИНУ МАШИНУ - I was really torn as to where to put this. It has some parts to it I REALLLLLLLLLY like. It's a very cool song and I don't blame you for being obsessed with it! It's very catchy and though could be too "loud" for some, I think it's awesome. It has perfect timing for some quieter / louder parts, and it makes the song not sound too repetitive. I like some of the other songs a lot and this "lower" ranking doesn't mean I didn't like this - it's just I liked this round a lot! 7/10

Xanny: Poshlaya Molly - I speak Russian fluently so listening to this song was like listening to an English song, it was amazing and cute and everything about the auto tune to phonetic sounding instrumentals was amazing 2/10

The three scores combined gave you an average of 4.33. This ranked you SECOND overall.
1 day 19 hours ago
abstractjay
In 3rd place we have... Krystal with ICHIDAIJI by ポルカドットスティングレイ

Jay: ICHIDAIJI - ポルカドットスティングレイ: What a fun song to listen to. The instrumental is just full of youthful energy and the vocals are complemented super well. The guitars are really the shining elements of this song which are really well put-together. It just sounds so pleasant, so modern, and so clean. It's a super cute asking-out song for me and I love it. (2/10)

Kinny: ICHIDAIJI - I think this is a really cute song overall! She has such a nice voice, and hits unexpected notes so well. I do think I won't give it my TOP but it will certainly, most likely, maybe, probably be in my top half of picks! And I think the other judges may like it quite a bit too! Thanks for sharing! 5/10

Xanny: Krystals submission - This was really pretty and I liked it a lot, the instrumental was a bit too heavy for me and I wanted more lyrics
7/10

The three scores combined gave you an average of 4.67. This ranked you THIRD overall.
1 day 19 hours ago
abstractjay
In 4th place we have... Jaxon with Лъжа е by Преслава

Jay: Лъжа е (Lazha E) - Преслава (Preslava): This is a great example of proper production. The vocals get to shine when the instrumental still gets to do its part (present in the guitar solo about two thirds of the way into the song). The vocalist is super experienced and talented in her own right (she literally walked so Ariana Grande could run). It's a nice song in my opinion, loved the message too. (3/10)

Kinny: Lazha E - So this was not my favourite BUT it was actually still pretty good! I liked that you went for a female rock sound. I think the things I didn't like was the attempt at making the song like more "sexy" than it needed to be? But otherwise it's not bad. 9/10

Xanny: Lazha E - I love this song, she sounds so amazing and her voice is so distinctive and smooth 4/10

The three scores combined gave you an average of 5.33. This ranked you FOURTH overall due to a judges' vote of 2-1.
1 day 19 hours ago
abstractjay
In 5th place we have... Christian with ZITTI E BUONI by Måneskin

Jay: ZITTI E BUONI - Måneskin: This song is kind of a mix between rap and rock which is interesting because these two genres usually don't go together. The instrumental is so good, it's super heavy, it's angsty, it's powerful, I love it. Another nice plus to this song is that the vocals go so well with it too. An intriguing combination with some really smart production. (5/10)

Kinny: Zitte E Buoni - I like the overall sound and pace of the song. It's got a very classic rock sound, and I love when it gets more intense (something I'm sure Xanny will hate, but maybe that just makes it better?). It employs breaks effectively and overall has a cool vibe. Great choice!  3/10

Xanny: Zitti E Buoni - This is like a rap rock and I like it, but it’s too aggressive sounding for me to love it, it’s probably a middle on the pack submission for me 8/10

The three scores combined gave you an average of 5.33. This ranked you FIFTH overall due to a judges' vote of 1-2.
1 day 19 hours ago
abstractjay
In 6th place we have... Minie with Hero's Come Back!! by Nobodyknows

Jay: Hero’s Come Back!! - Nobodyknows: This just brings me right back to my childhood (the “Naruto" OST is really something else), then again this is a little bit of a safe (and rather predictable) pick for you. The mix between hip-hop and rock is really interesting to me because I don't think I've heard another song with that combination before. There are some really nice vocals too, which I have now come to appreciate. Nice pick. (6/10)

Kinny: Hero's Come Back - Lol well this will most certainly be in my top 3 songs. I find the song so energetic like to a level that none of the other submissions take it. The addition of rapping to this just makes it soooo much better like mixed rap/rock songs are not done enough! The best part about this song is I just KNOW the part from 1:00-1:20 is going to break Xanny LMAO because it even caught me off-guard but it fits the song!! Love that you went with your gut! 1/10

Xanny: Minie submission - hell no wtf is this, I’d never want to listen to this. 10/10

The three scores combined gave you an average of 5.67. This ranked you SIXTH overall.
1 day 19 hours ago
abstractjay
In 7th place we have... Scotty with Anna Júlia by Los Hermanos

Jay: Anna Júlia - Los Hermanos: A sappy love song made into a rock classic. The instrumental is nice, rather youthful, and really fun to listen to in my opinion (brings me back to my days intentionally attending prom alone). The vocals are also very juvenile-sounding which fits this song really well. I was a little confused though, by how quiet this song sounded which I think is because of its dated production. Other than that, nice song. (7/10)

Kinny: Anna Julia - Idk why this sounded so quiet on my computer. But anyway this has a very old-school and simple take, and honestly it works for the song. It's cute and fun. It's certainly not gonna top for me but I think this song should keep you safe as far as my rankings go. 6/10

Xanny: Anna Julia - ahhh this was so pretty I loved it 5/10

The three scores combined gave you an average of 6.00. This ranked you SEVENTH overall.
1 day 19 hours ago
abstractjay
In 8th place we have... Nano with Como Yo Nadie Te Ha Amado by Bon Jovi

Jay: Como Yo Nadie Te Ha Amado - Bon Jovi: The vibes of this song are really fun and cute. The soft rock instrumental compliments them well and the vocals deliver the lyrics greatly. A solidly cohesive song for me. My only complaint is that it gets too repetitive towards the end, which got boring for me (it is something you can observe in old music). It is a risk because with old-school music, you can have something that's repetitive but timeless and unfortunately, this isn't one of those songs for me. (8/10)

Kinny: Como Yo Nadie Te Ha Amado - This is not bad, but unfortunately it's too slow. Like I can sense there's a lot of emotion and passion but yeah it's not really something that suits my taste so this will most likely be one of my lower picks =/ 10/10

Xanny: Como yo - I had the biggest chills to this song and actually listened to it like 3 Times, holy shit it’s so good like yesss give us sadness and sex 1/10

The three scores combined gave you an average of 6.33. This ranked you EIGHTH overall.
1 day 19 hours ago
abstractjay
In 9th place we have... Ali with Ciudad Mágica by Tan Bionica

Jay: Ciudad Mágica - Tan Bionica: An interesting take for me (this song resembles more pop than rock to me). The electric guitars are really intriguing to me because I've never heard them used this way before. The vocals are fine, I feel like they are kinda forced and awkward (because imagine singing this live without any editing, or worse, karaoke). It's a mediocre song for me with some really forced vocals. (9/10)

Kinny: Ciudad Magica - I like the way this starts, and quickly turns into a party like vibe (not just from the MV). The prechorus and chorus are super fun too and I found it really easy to jam to this! 4/10

Xanny: Ciudad magica - typical boring submission nothing impressive 9/10

The three scores combined gave you an average of 7.33. This ranked you NINTH overall.
1 day 18 hours ago
abstractjay
Red team, Blue team

One of you had the total average of 5.40 and the other, 5.60

The team whose total average is lower will have all 5 of its members immune from elimination

That team is…
1 day 18 hours ago
abstractjay
RED TEAM (5.40) - WINNERS
BLUE TEAM (5.60) - LOSERS

Congratulations, Red Team, for the first time this season, you will be safe from this weeks elimination!

Blue Team you will have until 10AM EST tomorrow to send me a vote in your production chats on Discord!
1 day 18 hours ago
abstractjay
In which case, in 10th place we have... James with Deli by mor ve ötesi

Jay: Deli - mor ve ötesi: I like the melodies here a lot, they're super fun for me. Everything works together well regarding the instrumental in my opinion, if anything it's really cohesively done. One problem I have with it is that it overpowered the vocals which I could hear almost nothing of. It's really a shame because this song had potential, it was just not produced properly. (10/10)

Kinny: Deli - This also has like that classic rock-ish vibe BUT it's like mixed with an exotic sound (not because it's in a different language) but like ... idk like almost eerie feel? It's a good song; I think I'll definitely put this higher than at least some songs but I think it might not quite hit top 3 for me - thanks for sharing though  8/10

Xanny: Deli - Wow this song is like really intense but a nice intense, you gave a good submission this week! 6/10

The three scores combined gave you an average of 8.00. This ranked you TENTH overall.
1 day 18 hours ago
abstractjay
This means, Ali, because James is safe due to his team winning immunity, you will be the LVP for this round and heading into the arena with one of your team members.

open group

Xannys Music Challenge Season 4

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!