This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 3: Results Show

Topic » Round 3: Results Show

5 days 20 hours ago
Hisoka
In 8th we have... Minie with Bacon by Nick Jonas ft Ty Dolla $ign
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jay: Bacon - Nick Jonas ft. Ty Dolla $ign: As always, Nick's voice is just smooth, boyish and kinda pleasant. It's an interesting style, with the fake trap chorus coming in to build up for the real electronic drop with the addition of a grand snare. Ty coming in at the bridge is pretty good too, it slows the song down a bit and builds up for the grand finale. Not a bad choice.  8/14

Kinny: Bacon - Not a bad song, but based on the submissions so far, I'm pretty sure I would've ranked Lady Marmalade #1 versus this. But the other judges seem to hate that song idk why, so maybe it was the right choice for you to switch your song. You're also lucky that there aren't too many great submissions that really stand out. I couldn't decide if I should rank this vs. Peaches higher, but I think ultimately I like the style of this song more. All that said, you once again did pull out a decent song. Nice work, yet again :) 8/14

Xanny: Bacon - Let me start off by saying that I’m extremely happy you chose to retract your “Lady Marmalade” song as I personally DESPISE that song, it wouldve been dead last on my list, now with this submission I think it’s a really powerful beat behind it, nick Jonas’ voice is so damn attractive and he does have some flop songs but this one is just a bop, I love the featured artist as well and all in all this song definitely makes me wanna just go out with my friends.  8/14

The three scores combined gave you an average of 8. This ranked you EIGHTH overall.
5 days 20 hours ago
Hisoka
In 7th we have... Matt with Banana Pancakes by Jack Johnson
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jay: banana pancakes - Jack Johnson: I do love the chill vibes of this song. It's like a high school kid writing a love song with his guitar and putting it all together for his significant other. It's certainly adorable but I don't think it's anything special to me. I do enjoy it though.  11/14

Kinny: banana pancakes - I've never heard this song before, but it's very cute within even just the first 10 seconds. I love the simplicity of the lyrics, the instrument and the voice (i.e. no autotune or crazy pitches). I think everything in the song just comes together quite perfectly. I'm very pleasantly surprised, and I just have to rank it high :) thanks for introducing me to this! 2/14

Xanny: Banana Pancakes - This is a cute song, it has a nice ukulele and drum beat to it, the male artist has a cute voice and it just gives me such an airy feel to it like a breezy fall morning, I think however this song might get overshadowed by the other submissions which give me more of an interest, but yes pass me on the banana pancakes!   10/14

The three scores combined gave you an average of 7.66 This tied with another contestant, but in a judges vote of 1-2 you were not favored. This ranked you NINTH overall.
5 days 20 hours ago
Hisoka
In 4th we have... Noelle with Ice Cream by HYUNA

Jay:Ice Cream - HYUNA: I love the electronic sounds of this song. The distinction between the rapping and the singing is just so good to me. As she raps, the instrumental does the harmonizing, and when she sings, the instrumental lets her vocals shine, which I love so much. It's a song working in harmonization, textbook and clockwork-like.   1/14

Kinny: Ice Cream - I think there were some other Korean songs that could've ranked wayyyy higher for me, but honestly I'm pretty sure this will be in my top 8. I'm familiar with the song and I really like the transition around ~2 minutes. It's not like the best song on the planet but it's fun and I could dance stupidly to this, so what more could I possibly ask for? 7/14

Xanny: Ice Cream - Wow this is an impressive submission, this is one of your best submissions by far, the instrumental and bass sound so different compared to the other submissions, this is a good song not because it’s in a different language but because it has multiple different flows that change up, it has some really attractive rap lyrics and the main focus is on the theme! Which is Ice Cream, I love this submission.  6/14

The three scores combined gave you an average of 4.66 This ranked you FOURTH overall.
5 days 20 hours ago
Hisoka
In 3rd we have... Scotty with Chicken Fried by Zac Brown Band

Jay: Chicken Fried - Zac Brown Band: It's a classic country piece. There's a lot of American pride in one song, which I'm not opposed to at all. The instrumental is great, I like the catchiness of the tunes and it just gives me a sense of nostalgia (as it's pretty old-school sounding). The harmonization is great, no questions about that whatsoever. I love what he is proud of and it's a delightful song in my opinion.  5/14

Kinny: Chicken Fried - I'm honestly not a country fan (like I like some country but not most country if that makes sense). But this is very cute and fun and I like it a lot. The singer took a very simple approach and that definitely wins points in my book. The chorus is great too, and the entire song is very catchy. Another great song choice by you; nice work!  3/14

Xanny: Chicken Fried - I am the last person to like country music, it’s extremely outta left field to the other genres I listen to, however I have a broad sense in music and can realize when something sounds good to me, and surprisingly this song gave me chills and made me sad :( but like a good sad, it just seems so genuine and sweet and innocent. The guitar is a refreshing new sound with straight up amazing vocals from the male artist.  5/14

The three scores combined gave you an average of 4.33 This ranked you THIRD overall.
5 days 20 hours ago
Hisoka
In 1st and winning MVP this round we have... Gabriel with Strawberries and Cigarettes by Troye Sivan

Jay: Strawberries & Cigarettes - Troye Sivan: It takes a lot of technique to maintain that rasp in your voice when you're singing in a really low octave and low frequency with such softness. It fits the theme of the song (as the more cigarettes you smoke, the raspier your voice is) and the vibe of the song is just great in my opinion. The instrumental is nothing special to me but the vocals definitely shone.  7/14

Kinny: Strawberries and Cigarettes - This is a cute song, and is a very chill vibe. It transports me to a nice summer day, and is very calming. It's also well-done enough that (and I think that's the intention anyway) it could also make someone really sad. I think when songs can evoke deep emotions from people, they're really well done. I honestly thought I'd be ranking this like middle-ish but I think this may end up quite high for me. Nice choice. 1/14

Xanny: Strawberries and Cigarettes - If you could see the way I gasped when I played this song you would’ve laughed, I’ve never heard this song but boy am I glad I get to put this into my playlist, this is like literally beautiful?!!?! The voice and the vibes are so in tune with each other and the instrumental makes me want to slow dance with my crush and just be a simp, at the same time the vocals really have me actin up, I had to listen to this song like 3 times because I enjoyed it that much , this is the 2nd round you’ve gotten my top pick, that’s an impressive and hard feat to achieve because I’m so picky so congrats.  1/14

The three scores combined gave you an average of 3. This tied with another contestant, but in a judges vote of 2-1, you were favored. This ranked you FIRST overall.
5 days 20 hours ago
Hisoka
Kinnys Rankings
1. Strawberries and Cigarettes
2. banana pancakes
3. Chicken Fried
4. Chocolate - The 1975
5. Pork and Beans
6. Lemonade
7. Ice Cream
8. Bacon
9. Peaches
10. Potato Song
11. Milkshake
12. Chocolate - Kylie Minogue
13. Doses and Mimosas
14. Cherry

Xannys Rankings
1.Strawberries and Cigarettes
2. Milkshake
3. Chocolate (1975)
4. Peaches
5. Chicken Fried
6. Ice Cream
7. Cherry
8. Bacon
9. Potato Song
10. Banana Pancakes
11. Lemonade
12. Doses and Mimosas
13. Pork and Beans
14. Chocolate (Kylie)

Jays Rankings
1. Ice Cream
2. Chocolate (1975)
3. Doses and Mimosas
4. Peaches
5. Chicken Fried
6. Potato Song
7. Strawberries & Cigarettes
8. Bacon
9. Lemonade
10. Milkshake
11. banana pancakes
12. Pork and Beans
13. Cherry
14. Chocolate (Minogue)

Overall Rankings
1. Strawberries and Cigarettes (3) Gabriel -Red-
2. Chocolate [1975] (3) Deme -Blue-
3. Chicken Fried (4.33) Scotty -Red-
4. IceCream (4.66) Noelle -Red-
5. Peaches (5.66) Jan -Blue-
6. MilkShake (7.66) Faia -Blue-
7. Banana Pancakes (7.66) Matt -Red-
8. Bacon (8) Minie -Red-
9. Potato Song (8.33) Krystal -Red-
10. Lemonade (8.66) Jon -Blue-
11. Doses and Mimosas (9.33) Kris -Blue-
12. Pork and Beans (10) Seb -Blue-
13. Cherry (11.33) Cecile -Blue-
14. Chocolate [Kylie] (13.33) Sergio -Red-

open group

Xannys Music Challenge Season 2

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!