This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 3: Results Show

Topic » Round 3: Results Show

9 days 15 hours ago
Hisoka
This week we asked you guys to impress us and be creative with a song that has either a food and/or drink in the title. Some of you definitely had your best week while some of you failed us horribly.

The duel off this round is between Jon vs Kris, the player that ranks the worst overall average placement WILL be eliminated.

The team that gets the worst overall average will be eligible for elimination while the team that gets the better overall average will be safe from elimination.
9 days 14 hours ago
Hisoka
Red team and Blue team

The two teams averaged 6.5 and 8.4 overall

The team that has the lower average placement wins

and that team is...........................
9 days 14 hours ago
Hisoka
BLUE TEAM (8.4) - LOSERS
RED TEAM (6.5) - WINNERS

Congratulations Red Team you will be safe from this weeks elimination!

Blue Team you will have 3 hours to send me a vote in your production chats on discord after the results are complete!
9 days 14 hours ago
Hisoka
Lets start with the losing team from worst to best

Kris vs Jon, whichever of you rank the worst overall tonight WILL be eliminated!
9 days 14 hours ago
Hisoka
In 13th we have... Cecile with Cherry by Lana Del Rey
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jay: Cherry - Lana Del Rey: Like every Lana song, it's very chill at the start but picks up gradually as it progresses. I like the high note at the end, which is a very nice additional ad-lib. The occasional “bitch"’s and “fuck”’s are just too hilarious to put in a song like this. I think it's a little out of the blue and it didn't fit the vibe. Everything else sounded fine to me.   13/14

Kinny: Cherry - I really could not get into this song. It was too slow for me - maybe it's really deep and lovely but it just is not my style at all (and maybe that's because I'm like not classy or something idk I just would prefer a dumb fun song or a song that is somewhat catchy to something that is like this level of slow, and I apologize for being so music-illiterate or whatever!) I'm sorry I just really can't get into this =( Good luck though!  14/14

Xanny: Cherry - Lana has such a distinct voice, this is a really good submission, the percussion feels like it’s a slowed version and a reverb , the tone of her voice gives me smokey and mysterious vibes, when she hits the high notes she’s definitely serving and giving everything we want and need, the talking parts are also perfectly placed, all in all I’m impressed and surprised with this submission, it’s your best yet!   7/14

The three scores combined gave you an average of 11.33 This ranked you THIRTEENTH overall.
9 days 14 hours ago
Hisoka
In 12th we have... Seb with Pork and Beans by Weezer
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jay: Pork and Beans - Weezer: The contrast between the lead’s softer voice and the rock instrumental in the background is what really reels someone in. It's the reverse psychology that either works effectively or doesn't work at all. In this case, I think it works alright (which is weird, considering what I said), I didn't think it was anything special, but it wasn't bad either in my opinion.  12/14

Kinny: Pork and Beans - I don't know how well this song will go over with the other judges, but I really love it. The combination of rock, 90s song, the memes in the video, and nostalgia really make the song good for me. It's a fun song and very simple and silly. Definitely a strong submission that I can see myself ranking quite high! Thanks for sharing <3  5/14

Xanny: Pork and Beans - This song is kinda funny LOL, I couldn’t really listen to the song because I was to busy listening to the lyrics of it, this has a rock influence behind mixed with a mild amount of metal, which is different than what I usually listen to, I’m not sure how this song will compare with other submissions but atleast I finished the song grinning.  13/14

The three scores combined gave you an average of 10. This ranked you TWELFTH overall.
9 days 14 hours ago
Hisoka
In 11th we have... Kris with Doses and Mimosas by Cherub

Jay: Doses and Mimosas - Cherub: A rather chill song in the first 2 minutes, which I thought would be consistent throughout, but I was dead wrong. I was completely shell-shocked when it transitioned from low-energy Michael Jackson to high-energy boy band in an instant which I just love. All the vocals are just amazing in my opinion, the instrumentals are great and I love it so much.  3/14

Kinny: Doses and Mimosas - Unfortunately, this song is not one I enjoy. I really don't like the almost psychedelic (is that an appropriate word to use to describe a sound) sound in the background. And it takes REALLY long to start getting good (~2 minutes), but even then it's not really worth the wait for me, even though it definitely makes it much better to hear the male voices come in. I really don't know how well this will do for me, but at best I think it may end up being middle-ground =/  13/14

Xanny: Doses and Mimosas - Personally I feel like this is your weakest submission by far, the vocals seemed really off and I guess it’s because the flavors of taste do not collide here, I felt as though I totally missed the mark on this song, it might do well with the other judges but for me I feel as though Jon’s submissions was a bit better.  12/14

The three scores combined gave you an average of 9.33 This ranked you ELEVENTH overall.
9 days 14 hours ago
Hisoka
Kris, this means you have lost your duel off against Jon and you will be eliminated tonight

It was really great having you here this season King <3 we are sorry it was cut so short!
9 days 14 hours ago
Hisoka
In 10th we have... Jon with Lemonade by ALEXANDRA STAN

Jay: Lemonade - ALEXANDRA STAN: The queen behind “Mr. Saxobeat”. This song sounds very much inspired by Hispanic culture and it's quite awesome to listen to. I like the keyboard lines so much, they sound very elegant. What throws me off is the dubstep overedit, which I guess was popular in 2012, but didn't really fit the song. The instrumental was clouding her voice too, which made it hard to appreciate the lyrics.
9/14

Kinny: Lemonade - This is definitely an improvement from the song you submitted last round (I'm not edgy enough to understand the last submission - chalk it up to my old age). I wish the instruments weren't QUITE as loud as they were because I think if they were toned down a bit, and the song focused on her singing more it would've been more enjoyable. But a fun submission nonetheless! Thank you for sharing! 6/14

Xanny: Lemonade - I like her voice and the accent she has makes it sound really good, I like how different this is, not something I would personally search up and listen but I don’t hate it, the instrumental sounded static and monotone which is the only critique I could give this submission.   11/14

The three scores combined gave you an average of 8.66 This ranked you TENTH overall.
9 days 14 hours ago
Hisoka
In 6th we have... Faia with MilkShake by Kelis

Jay: Milkshake - Kelis: There’s not a lot of melodic elements in this song, which is interesting to me. The vocals and lyrics definitely scream bad bitch vibes, which I adore. The percussion is so catchy too with the bongos and the random triangle coming in. It's an iconic song, but is it a good song? That's up in the air for me.  10/14

Kinny: Milkshake - I don't really love this song. It's only fun for the memes I guess, but it's not like exactly that danceable or entertaining to me otherwise. It's definitely not the worst submission so far, but I really liked your last round submission a lot more than this =( At least you're not ranked last (by me anyway)?  11/14

Xanny: Milkshake - LMAOOO QUEEN, I fucking love this song, it’s SO gay and powerful, idc what anyone says this song has this bad bitch vibes behind it and it’s so funny in an amazing way, the beat literally just makes anyone want to twerk and just act up, kelis really knew what she was doing with this song, Faia I’m really impressed with your submissions this round and the last! Keep up the great work.  2/14

The three scores combined gave you an average of 9.33 This tied with another contestant, but in a judges vote of 2-1, you were favored. This ranked you SIXTH overall.
9 days 14 hours ago
Hisoka
In 5th we have... Jan with Peaches by Justin Bieber

Jay: Peaches - Justin Bieber: I love the vibe that this song shoots for. The modern vintage style is just something I'm very much a sucker for. I really didn't expect much from Justin after Yummy (rap) and Intentions (transitional chill style) but this is quite a change from those. The lyrics are a little stupid in my opinion (as if Justin's lyrics have ever been smart) but the instrumental made up for it.  4/14

Kinny: Peaches - You're killing me Jan! Why do you keep posting songs that I don't love?! I feel like we MUST have songs that we both love. JB is talented as heck but I don't really care for this song that much unfortunately :( It's definitely not bad but doesn't wow me, and its final ranking will highly depend on how I feel about the other submissions. Good luck though <3 I know you're gonna blow me away at some point! But honestly it doesn't matter if you don't, because I think your taste does suit the other judges, so keep doing you :)  9/14

Xanny: Peaches - This song is such a beautiful vibe, it’s so chill and has me bobbing my head at the same time, Justins voice is so smooth here, it has this calming tone that hits me right in the serotonin spot. On top of all that he brings in Giveon and Daniel Ceaser who have some of the best voices in male vocal batch, one of my favorite submissions thus far.  4/14

The three scores combined gave you an average of 5.66 This ranked you FIFTH overall.
9 days 14 hours ago
Hisoka
In 2nd we have... Deme with Chocolate by The 1975

Jay: Chocolate - The 1975: The combination of the bass and electric guitars are just so amazing. The feeling of having two different melodies playing in both sides of your ears with the bass playing in the center is just so pleasant. And the lead singer's voice is just so smooth and enjoyable to listen to. The ending harmonization adds a little flair, like a dash of green onions on a bowl of delicious fried rice. It's precious and I love it.
2/14

Kinny: Chocolate - The 1975 - Great song; there's not TOO much going on and it's fun and simple. I like the clarity and power in their voices, and the lyrics aren't too bad either. I'm dancing a little with my head and shoulders as I listen to this so a very good choice by you once again. It also thankfully never gets too repetitive, so thanks for sharing (heart)    4/14

Xanny: Chocolate (1975) - I’ve never heard this song before but wow am I blown away! This band is known to have great hits but I wasn’t expecting this, the leads vocals are so special because he has this soprano voice mixed with some yodels and that’s rare to make YODELING sound good, I just love the playful yet serious undertones in this song and the beat behind it. You keep impressing me week after week with your crazy good submissions, definitely a front runner so far.   3/14

The three scores combined gave you an average of 3. This tied with another contestant, but in a judges vote of 1-2 you were not favored. This ranked you SECOND overall.
9 days 14 hours ago
Hisoka
Deme this is your third time in a row getting 2nd overall!! congratulations im sure a win might be coming your way soon!
9 days 14 hours ago
Hisoka
Now lets do the winning team from worst to MVP (Most Valuable Player)

The top two submissions on the winning team will receive MVP and HIGH on their charts this week
9 days 14 hours ago
Hisoka
In 14th we have... Sergio with Chocolate by Kylie Minogue

Jay: Chocolate - Kylie Minogue: The best aspect of this song is the bass in my opinion. It puts you in such a trance. I like what this song is shooting for: the sensual feel, the chill vibes, the generic romantic music. I appreciate the ambition, but I don't feel this song that strongly, if you know what I mean. It seems a bit too mediocre for me and it would have been better had her voice not been edited that heavily or that more instruments and ad-libs are added in for more effects.  14/14

Kinny: Chocolate - Kylie Minogue - Yum I love chocolate... but will I love this song? Unfortunately not =( This song is definitely not to my taste. I get she's trying to go for a sultry voice, but I feel like if there was more clarity in her voice, her vocals could at least shine and make this song very good. However, that isn't the case, and I fear this won't do too well on my ranking =/   12/14

Xanny: Chocolate (Kylie) - Personally I wasn’t impressed with this submission, I couldn’t seem to enjoy it or get into it, the beat to this is pretty monotone throughout the whole way through, this isn’t a horrible song or anything I just don’t flavor this chocolate! I feel like your submissions the past couple rounds have been in the more “safe” direction and I feel like you should start trusting your gut and take risks.  14/14

The three scores combined gave you an average of 13.33 This ranked you FOURTEENTH overall.
9 days 14 hours ago
Hisoka
In 9th we have... Krystal with Potato Song by Kesha

Jay: Potato Song (Cuz I Want To) - Kesha: The edit on her voice reminds me of “I'm An Albatraoz”, which is certainly interesting. The instrument sticks out to me so much because of the very old-school (probably 1920's jazz) with the piano, brass instruments, and some very slow, soulful drum lines, kinda makes me feel like I'm at a circus, which reminds me of the game “Cuphead". The overlaying of vocals is not too much in my opinion and is very catchy. Interesting choice.  6/14

Kinny: Potato Song - Lol I see you deleted your other submission, and went with your love for Ke$ha; I've definitely heard OF this song before but I can't remember if I've heard it or not. I like the choice of instruments, and Ke$ha sounds cool af because it's way more similar to rock to me - but I wish the tempo would speed up at some point, but unfortunately it doesn't :( Definitely not a bad choice but I'm not quite sure where this will go - not my top choice though I reckon, sorry :(   10/14

Xanny: Potato song - LOL uhh honestly this song is really weird and I kinda liked it? I’m not a fan of Keshas music but this song has such an interesting instrumental and sound all together plus her voice was so good in this that it balanced the weirdness of the song for me.  9/14

The three scores combined gave you an average of 8.33 This ranked you NINTH overall.

open group

Xannys Music Challenge Season 2

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!