This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 2: Results Show

Topic » Round 2: Results Show

6 days 21 hours ago
Hisoka
Correction: jays rank for nichole was 12/16 not 9/16
6 days 21 hours ago
Hisoka
In 12th we have... Noelle with Young Hearts Run Free by Candi Staton
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jay: Young Hearts Run Free - Candi Staton: It has all the components to create a disco bop. I love the harmonizing choir in the background, which adds a soulful feel to the song (as if the grand piano, the string instruments, and the brass instruments weren't enough to determine that already). Her vocals are nothing special to me but I love what was offered.
9/16

Kinny: Young Hearts Run Free - I’ve never heard this, but this is really enjoyable. I love her voice and this song just puts me in a carefree and relaxed mood. I felt some of the other songs stood out to me more so I can’t rank this higher, but this is by no means a bad song and I really enjoyed the submission. 12/16

Xanny: Young hearts run free - This is a beautiful disco song about love, I really liked the vocals of it and I think that the bridge of the song was a spotlight! Overall it’s a good pick but not something I’m fascinated over
10/16

The three scores combined gave you an average of 10.33 This ranked you TWELFTH overall.
6 days 21 hours ago
Hisoka
In 10th we have... Sergio with You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real) by Sylvester
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jay: You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real) - Sylvester: This is the exact beat I would think of whenever “disco” comes up. The nostalgic synth, the rapid hi-hats and the constant change from minor to major key are absolutely addicting. The background keyboards add so much to this song as well, and it creates a fun atmosphere to just dance around with a bunch of friends.  7/10

Kinny: You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real) - The instrument and beat are on point, and I was just thinking “his voice leaves something to be desired” but I do love the part where he says “You make me feel”, and I have to rank this slightly higher than I would’ve otherwise because of that. 9/16

Xanny: You make me feel (Mighty Real) - When I think “Disco” this is exactly what comes to my mind unknowingly, the theatrical high notes and the note jumping from low to chest to head voice is really good, it takes a lot of skill to articulate that, the instrumental gives me somewhat “Barney vibes” but I’m kinda digging it, it goes well with the tambourine instrument in the background.  12/16

The three scores combined gave you an average of 9.33 This tied with another contestant, but in a judges vote of 1-2, you were not favored. This ranked you TENTH overall.
6 days 21 hours ago
Hisoka
In 7th we have... Times with Say So by Doja Cat

Jay: Say So - Doja Cat: There are a lot of components that really resembled the songs of the past. The bass, the basic drum line (which I wish there were hi hats added somewhere), the rather simple keyboard, and the very repetitive lyrics can be made into a disco dance bop in the 80's. The overlaying of vocals also creates a very trippy effect, which heightens the mood of the song, which I love.  10/16

Kinny: Say So - I really like this Doja Cat song, but it isn’t the typical disco song I expect. But that’s a good thing. I like the take you went for, and I find the rapping always comes in at the right time. Definitely a great submission!  7/16

Xanny: Say so - Even though this song is modern and extremely overplayed and ruined by TikTok, I can’t deny the disco instrumentals behind it, regardless of it being overrated I can still objectively realize that this is a great song and subjectively put this higher on my rankings, I enjoyed it but it’s still no where near as appealing to me as the classics.   8/16

The three scores combined gave you an average of 8.33 This ranked you SEVENTH overall.
6 days 21 hours ago
Hisoka
In 6th we have... Scotty with Le Freak by CHIC

Jay: Le Freak - CHIC: The thing that pulled me in right away was that bass. It's exuberant, rapid and it's so addicting. The addition of the string instruments too is just genius. The repetition of the phrase “Le Freak" really kept people coming back to this song, even though it made little sense linguistically (like “Gangnam Style") and it's a great club song to dance and vibe to.  6/16

Kinny: Le Freak - Another great submission! Classic song and fun. The melody is catchy and it’s always nice to hear both male and female voices in songs imo. Once again a strong choice, and I can see this doing very well when I rank the songs. 6/16

Xanny: Le Freak - This is a really really good song, I remember being like 11 continuously singing the “AAA FREAK OUT” part at every family event I went to, just that part stuck with me for a while and being reunited with this song is just pretty awesome, I adore this song, the back ground symphony is making me tap my feet to the beat and all in all this was a solid choice.   6/16

The three scores combined gave you an average of 6. This ranked you SIXTH overall.
6 days 21 hours ago
Hisoka
In 5th we have... Krystal with Dancing Queen by ABBA

Jay: Dancing Queen - ABBA: What an absolute classic. This is so nostalgic to me because I had a role in “Mamma Mia!” when we did it in high school and I was used to listening and singing to this song so often. ABBA are just musical geniuses. They produced bop after bop, but yet they have such a simplistic way to do it. A simple drum line and everything else was with either a keyboard, some string instruments or their own voices. It's amazing and it's iconic.  2/16

Kinny: Dancing Queen - this is definitely a classic song and a good one too. Only thing is I don’t find this that danceable (for myself) and that’s one of my main criteria for disco songs. This could essentially end up anywhere on my rank this week, and it’ll heavily depend on the remainder of the submissions. Good luck! 10/16

Xanny: Dancing Queen - This is one of my favorite disco songs, I remember twirling with a shirt on my head pretending it was hair when I was a little limp wrist youngling, this song is like everything, the harmonies of the ladies singing high notes mixed with chest voice is amazing, this is another powerful submission from you.  3/16

The three scores combined gave you an average of 5. This ranked you FIFTH overall.
6 days 21 hours ago
Hisoka
In 4th we have... Gabriel with Rhythm of the Night by Corona

Jay: The Rhythm of the Night - Corona: The way I found this song out was via J Balvin and The Black Eyed Peas' RITMO which sampled this song. This is just lyrically genius. The repetition of the same phrase with little (“of the night" to “of my life") to no changes keeps people involved and interested, as it is simple to remember and catchy to chant out. An amazing song in my opinion.  5/16

Kinny: Rhythm of the Night - After your last submission, this was a definite improvement in my books. Unfortunately it hypes me up too much at the start, and my only favourite part is the chorus. But I would be surprised if it doesn’t make my top 9 songs this round as I already think it’s one of the better ones I’ve listened to so far. 8/16

Xanny: The rhythm of the night - This is an unlocked memory?! I didn’t know I knew this song till today, this sounds extremely disco and the hook of the song really does it’s job by attracting me to keep singing “rhythm of the night” I love the multitudes of different flows in this song, I feel like there’s a xylophone instrument being played and I’m not sure if I’m right or wrong but I love whatever it is, you’ve come back from your week 1 flop with this.  1/16

The three scores combined gave you an average of 4.66 This ranked you FOURTH overall.
6 days 21 hours ago
Hisoka
In 3rd we have... Minie with Be My Lover by La Bouche

Be My Lover - La Bouche: An absolute classic that I haven't heard until recently (go listen Pentatonix's 90’s medley). It's such a bop. A mix of disco, rap, eurobeat and I'm absolutely mesmerized. The female vocalist has such a powerful voice too, which just reels you in, and then there's the rapper’s verse, which adds so much (another band like this was 2 Unlimited). I love this song so much, it made my head bop non-stop and I had nothing else to critique.  1/16

Kinny: Be my lover - This is a pretty interesting submission, a mixture of disco and rap?!?! I’m very intrigued with the song and the instrumental of it, her vocals are extremely strong and have a lot of powerhouse type moments, ive never heard this song before so this was definitely exciting to get introduced to.  7/16

Xanny: Be my lover - This is a pretty interesting submission, a mixture of disco and rap?!?! I’m very intrigued with the song and the instrumental of it, her vocals are extremely strong and have a lot of powerhouse type moments, ive never heard this song before so this was definitely exciting to get introduced to.  7/16

The three scores combined gave you an average of 4. This ranked you THIRD overall.
6 days 21 hours ago
Hisoka
That means Gabriel has won the Duel Off against times!

Times thank you for playing this season, we are so sorry to see you go this early <3
6 days 21 hours ago
Hisoka
Jays Rankings
1. Be my lover
2. Dancing Queen
3. It’s raining men
4. I will survive
5. The rhythm of the night
6. Le freak
7. You make me feel
8. I’m every woman
9. Young hearts run free
10. Say so
11. Boogie wonderland
12. MacArthur park
13. If it ain’t me
14. What’s your pleasure
15. Dont stop till you get enough
16. I feel love

Kinny’s Rankings
1. It’s Raining Men
2. Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough
3. If It Ain’t Me
4. Be My Lover
5. I Will Survive
6. Le Freak
7. Say So
8. Rhythm of the Night
9. You Make Me Feel
10. Dancing Queen
11. Boogie Wonderland
12. Young Hearts Run Free
13. What’s Your Pleasure
14. I’m Every Woman
15. MacArthur Park
16. I Feel Love

Xannys Rankings
1. The Rhythm of the Night
2. I will survive
3. Dancing Queen
4. It’s Raining Men
5. I’m every woman
6. Le freak
7. Be my lover
8. Say so
9. MacArthur Park
10. Young Hearts Run Free
11. Don’t stop till you get enough
12. You make me feel
13. What’s your pleasure
14. If it ain’t me
15. Boogie Wonderland
16. I feel love

Overall -
1. It’s raining men (2.66) Faia -Blue-
2. I will survive (3.66) Deme -Blue-
3. Be my lover (4) Minie -Red-
4. The rhythm of the night (4.66) Gabriel -Red-
5. Dancing Queen (5) Krystal -Red-
6. Le Freak (6) Scotty -Red-
7. Say so (8.33) Times -Red-
8. I’m every woman (9) Jan -Blue-
9. Don’t stop till you get enough (9.33) Kris -Blue
10. You make me feel (9.33) Sergio -Red-
11. If it ain’t me (10) Cecile -Blue-
12. Young hearts run free (10.33) Noelle -Red-
13. MacArthur Park (12) Nichole -Blue-
14. Boogie wonderland (12.33) Matt -Red-
15. What’s your pleasure (13.33) Seb -Blue-
16. I feel love (16) Jon -Blue-

open group

Xannys Music Challenge Season 2

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!