This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 2: Results Show

Topic » Round 2: Results Show

6 days 20 hours ago
Hisoka
Welcome to your 2nd round contestants! This week the judges and I had asked you guys to submit to us your best "Disco" song to make us dance!
Some of you hit the money right on the mark while others missed it!

In the "Duel" we have Times vs Gabriel, the player that ranks the worst overall tonight WILL be eliminated

The team that scores the best overall average placement will be safe from elimination while the team that scores the worst overall will be eligible from elimination.
6 days 20 hours ago
Minie
nervous
6 days 20 hours ago
Hisoka
Red team and Blue team

The two teams averaged 9.3 and 7.6 overall

The team that has the lower average placement wins

and that team is...........................
6 days 20 hours ago
Hisoka
BLUE TEAM (9.3) - LOSERS
RED TEAM (7.6) - WINNERS

Congratulations Red Team you will be safe from this weeks elimination!

Blue Team you will have 3 hours to send me a vote in your production chats on discord after the results are complete!
6 days 20 hours ago
Hisoka
Lets start with the losing team from worst to best
6 days 20 hours ago
Hisoka
In 16th we have... Jon with I feel Love by Sam Smith
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jay: Sam Smith - I Feel Love: I love the ambition of this song. A technique used a lot in old music is to alternate between left and right (speakers or headphones) to create a sense of anxiety, which makes you want to get moving. I feel like this song would work as an instrumental piece and not an actual song with lyrics. The vocals are spliced up and a little over-produced too. It's not bad for sure but it's nothing special to me.  16/16

Kinny: I Feel Love - After last round, I was really looking forward to your next submission. I found the beginning of this song a bit too repetitive and was really holding out hope that it would pick up and there would be more to the lyrics. Unfortunately, I felt like that never quite happened with this song. 16/16

Xanny: I feel love - I’m sorry but this was extremely annoying to listen to, i was waiting for the song to get better as it progressed and it never did, all I heard was 4 lines that he repetitively kept using, I get that this was meant to be a dance song but the auto tune was heavy on my ears and the end when he was talking just made me feel oddly uncomfortable I just couldn’t enjoy it, this is a disappointment after your week 1 submission!   16/16

The three scores combined gave you an average of 16. This ranked you SIXTEENTH overall.
6 days 20 hours ago
Hisoka
In 15th we have... Seb with Whats Your Pleasure by Jessie Ware
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jay: What's Your Pleasure? - Jessie Ware: This is a very interesting take on disco for me. A pretty malevolent sounding song and it's so intriguing to listen to. It has all the components of a vintage track: an electronic keyboard melody, an erratic synth, a bass-kick-hi hat drum line, and a never ending final verse. It’s pretty trippy to me.  15/16

Kinny: What’s Your Pleasure - Although this certainly fits the theme, I wish there were some fluctuations in the beat or the volume as it seems like a lower energy song, and for me, a major plus in general when ranking songs are how energizing they can be. Unfortunately due to the repetitiveness of the melody, I fear this will ultimately be ranked rather low for me. 13/16

Xanny: What’s your pleasure - I think this is a very different type of disco, I really like it, this seems like something that’s played in a funk town type club, the vocals almost sound extra terrestrial and airy which makes me interested for more.   13/16

The three scores combined gave you an average of 13.33 This ranked you FIFTEENTH overall.
6 days 20 hours ago
Hisoka
In 13th we have... Nichole with MacArthur Park by Donna Summer

Jay: MacArthur Park - Donna Summer: The first part of the song was kind of tame. Then the drums kicked in and everything just picked up. This gives me some very chill old-school metropolitan vibes and I'm a sucker for that. The vocals are strong and all but the hidden gems of this song (the background percussion) just add so much to its vibe. 9/16

Kinny: MacArthur Park - Unfortunately this really didn’t suit my taste as much as the other songs. The singer has great vocals and is extremely talented, but as far as this round went, I didn’t find this song to reach the potential it could’ve. I can however see this doing well overall. I just felt the other submissions have been quite strong so far. 15/16

Xanny: MacArthur Park - I think this is a great song but I don’t love it, and I don’t hate it, it’s somewhat mediocre for me and this week there were lots of great submissions, donnas voice is splendid as always and the instrumental gave me somewhat love vibes.
9/16

The three scores combined gave you an average of 12. This ranked you THIRTEENTH overall.
6 days 20 hours ago
Hisoka
In 11th we have... Cecile with If It Aint Me by Dua Lipa

Jay: If It Ain't Me - Dua Lipa: I like the vibe this song is shooting for. It is certainly disco, but is it too modernly produced? Yes. Some of the instruments didn't try to sound vintage, they were just straight up from the modern era, which didn't give me as much of a nostalgic feel. They got some things right (the drum line, the bass, the distorted background voice), but ultimately, I didn’t think this was that strong.  13/16

Kinny: If It Ain’t Me - Wow this is a very different submission from your competition thus far who have submitted old school music. This definitely makes your submission stand out in a very good way because by this point a lot of them have been sounding very similar. Imo this is a huge step up in your game since the last round. Great song with very interesting lyrics. Thanks for introducing me to this! 3/16

Xanny: If it ain’t me - Personally for me, modern disco just doesn’t hit the same as old school disco, like the pop sound mixed with a disco themed beat works well together but this just seemed to modern for my taste when it comes to this theme and I hear more pop than I hear disco.  14/16

The three scores combined gave you an average of 10. This ranked you ELEVENTH overall.
6 days 20 hours ago
Hisoka
In 9th we have... Kris with Don't Stop Till You Get Enough by Michael Jackson

Jay: Don't Stop ‘Til You Get Enough - Michael Jackson: This is super high strung and a very nice good mood song. I absolutely love the guitar work and the unconventional percussion. It's very basic and repetitive, however that's pretty much the nature of these 70's styled songs and I really can't complain.  15/16

Kinny: Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough - One of the more fun MJ songs! Very suitable, and a much stronger submission than last round. This is a perfect combination of nostalgia, catchiness and is very danceable. Great choice for this round! 2/16

Xanny: Don’t stop till you get enough - This is a super popular song and I’d consider this a pretty basic submission HOWEVER this song is allowed a pass just because of how much I actually enjoy it, the consistent high notes he sings are extremely impressive and Ofcourse it’s going to be its Michael jackson!  I just enjoy the sound of this song in general.   11/16

The three scores combined gave you an average of 9.33 This tied with another contestant, but in a judges vote of 2-1, you were favored. This ranked you NINTH overall.
6 days 20 hours ago
Hisoka
In 8th we have... Jan with I'm Every Woman by Chaka Khan

Jay: Chaka Khan - I'm Every Woman: This sounds so vintage and I love it so much. The drums are rather simple (basically bass, kick, and a little hi-hat for that flare). What impressed me was the string instruments in the background. And her vocals are just absolutely mesmerizing. The strength and technicality in those vocals show such experience and expertise.  8/16

Kinny: I’m Every Woman - Although this is a decent song, it is not to my taste unfortunately. I see it being quite passable but will really have to see the other submissions, but the song itself doesn’t stand out to me as being exceptional. 14/16

Xanny: I’m every women - Holy moly I haven’t seen Chaka mf Khan in ages, she’s still so gorgeous even till this day, this song sounds so beautiful even though its supposed to be disco, its that and much more, I’ve never heard this song before so to have my ears blessed with this I’m very happy, this woman can SANG and ride a disco beat to perfection.  5/16

The three scores combined gave you an average of 9. This ranked you EIGHTH overall.
6 days 20 hours ago
Hisoka
In 2nd we have... Deme with I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor

Jay: I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor: It's an amazing breakup song, and an iconic clap back at an ex, done with a funk feel and a bop of an instrumental. Gaynor's voice is just absolutely phenomenal, it's full of power, commitment and emotion. They contrast that those two elements create when combined makes for an addicting pop track that still ages well.  4/16

Kinny: I Will Survive - A fun classic song with a nostalgia factor. I really enjoy this, and though it could just be from hearing this song in different movies, the choice is a good one imo and you’re definitely holding your own this game! 5/16

Xanny: I will survive - Wow, this song is just glorious, this was super popular back in the day but as it should be, this is a damn CLASSIC! This makes me want to grab a microphone and go to the bathroom and start singing in the mirror bouncing my leg, the piano and the percussion mix amazingly well and just adds to the fiery sass to the song. This is a very impressive submission for me.   2/16

The three scores combined gave you an average of 3.66 This ranked you SECOND overall.
6 days 20 hours ago
Hisoka
In 1st we have... Faia with It's Raining Men by The Weather Girls

Jay: It's Raining Men - The Weather Girls: This is just an absolute classic, despite being used way too much in memes. The lyrics are so repeatable, so complex, and just so catchy to sing along to. The contrast between the rather simple production and the powerhouse vocals and harmonization is so mesmerizing. They are all wrapped into a funky, fun 5 minutes of disco ingenuity.  3/16

Kinny: It’s Raining Men - Wow a very strong submission, and I do have to give this my #1 because of the fun nature of the song and it definitely giving off great disco vibes. I can see anyone jamming to this song (as long as they’re not in a bad mood). I love seeing songs take a more playful approach, which this definitely does. Great work! 1/16

Xanny: It’s Raining men - Ahhh another old classic song that just hits so different, the vocals in this is amazing, the famous chorus of the song is the golden moment in the song and although they sing it so much I can’t get enough of it.  4/16

The three scores combined gave you an average of 2.66 This ranked you FIRST overall.
6 days 20 hours ago
Hisoka
Faia because you were on the losing team, you will not be winning MVP even though you got 1st place overall
6 days 20 hours ago
Hisoka
Now lets do the winning team from worst to MVP (Most Valuable Player)

The top two submissions on the winning team will receive MVP and HIGH on their charts this week

Also, Gabriel and Times, the player that ranks the worst of you two WILL be going home, it was a close battle
6 days 20 hours ago
Hisoka
In 14th we have... Matt with Boogie Wonderland by Earth, Wind & Fire

Jay: Boogie Wonderland - Earth, Wind & Fire: Judging on iconicness, I would say this is one of the most iconic songs from Earth, Wind & Fire. I love the arrangement with the main man and the backing choir (which can also be seen with Boney M), it's something commonly seen back in the days. I would say it is a weaker song compared to “September" or “Let's Groove" but still a solid song. I like its vibes for sure, especially the beginning notes that are used so much in modern memes.  11/16

Kinny: Boogie Wonderland - Earth, Wind & Fire was a great choice for this round. This was a decent song and a great disco era throwback. This will definitely keep you safe in this round for me, but a few other songs have stood out more to me in terms of just being catchier. 11/16

Xanny: Boogie wonderland - LMAO?! Why was this like so bad? Like I was laughing the first minute in because it was hilarious SKDKFJSK stop it, I can’t take this song serious because it sounds like Elmo singing when the women harmonize and when the male artist sings he sounds like big bird for some reason, I’m sorry but I just couldn’t get into this song chief.   15/16

The three scores combined gave you an average of 12.33 This ranked you FOURTEENTH overall.

open group

Xannys Music Challenge Season 2

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!