This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Episode One: From The Ashes

Topic » Episode One: From The Ashes

934 days 11 hours ago
Scarelet
~● Flashback To One Year Ago ●~

Emmett closes his eyes after shoving Vincent through the now closed veil. Yasmin grabs onto him as the rubble crashes down on them, she phases out protecting herself and Emmett from the impact.

Evelyn feeling satisfied with the destruction teleports to safety as the red fog creeps closer to where Yasmin and Emmett are. The two emerge from the rubble as Yasmin phases them back in.

Yasmin: "Emmett I- you could have escaped with him. You could have-"

He sighs and shakes his head

Emmett: "I had to stay, you weren't going to make it and I think I have a plan that's going to save us but we have to find a someone who isn't supernaturally capable. We have to move quick."

Yamin nods feeling very exhausted after all of this. The hope of being able to get free to see the people she cares about keeping her going. The two move away from the fog searching for a human they can rope into Emmett's desperate last minute schemes.

Yasmin: "What's this plan of yours anyway?"

Emmett: "no time to explain."

Yasmin blinks as there isnt much else to talk about while they walk around waiting for doom, but she shuts up knowing that she wont get information from him.

Just as they were about to give up hope Yasmin spots someone crawling away from the rubble of a house. She rushes over

Yasmin: "I- are you okay??"

Its Caspian, he's covered in ash and badly wounded. Before he can respond Emmett pulls him up to his feet holding him steady.

Emmett: "Listen up Caspian because we don't have time to explain this twice. You're a human now right?"

Caspian nods in confusion

Emmett: "Good, take this."

He reaches into his pocket and holds out a small vile of blood.

Emmett: "Dragons blood, it can kill the faceless so maybe it can protect you from the magic. I'd take it myself but they already know that Yasmin and I are still here. For all they know you escaped with the others."

Caspian: "But I-"

Emmett: "Shut up."

He grabs Caspian rather aggressively

Emmett: "this your, no, our only chance. I don't care if you dont want to. Drink half the blood now and save the rest for an emergency."

The red fog surrounds them. Almost completely engulfing them.

Emmett: "Now Caspian!"

Yasmin crosses her arms not knowing what's going to happen or why Emmett is being so aggressive with Caspian.

Caspian: "Here goes nothing..."

He drinks half the blood just as the fog completely takes them. For several long moments Caspian stands in the dark embrace of the fog feeling nothing. Hope gripping at his heart that the dragon blood actually worked...then it happened

The fog cleared to reveal a newly built Kyteler Grove.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/ac6055a4d2b00469e79401c0fed84eac/tumblr_po3qcysOKe1s3691oo1_400.gif

Emmett and Yasmin were gone leaving Caspian by himself in the middle of the main street. He had no idea what to do or where to go, but he knew for certain that he was the only one who could reach the people outside of the barrier to tell them the truth...

--------------

~● Modern Day / Outside of the barrier ●~

A body bag zips up over the corpse of the FANG Kyteler Director. A man in full tactical gear shakes his head before calling out

FANG Soldier: "Body confirmed. The Director is dead."

The woman behind him shakes her head

Woman: "I'll go break the news"

She sighs and heads into one of the makeshift FANG buildings. She approaches a older man who's sitting at a desk looking over a computer monitor.

Man: "Ah, Agent Rhiannon. Have you located the Director?"

Rhiannon: "We have. He's dead, killed by his own men it would seem. Though they didn't seem to do much better. All are dead, self inflicted gun shots, just as the engineer said in the report"

The man nods taking this information in for a moment.

Man: "Good, he was a short sighted fool. All that remains is breaching the barrier to recover the data from what's left of the lab."

Rhiannon: "And how do we do that sir?"

Man: "at the London lab we've been working on a device, we believe it has enough energy to open a doorway into the barrier, however once we get a team through we have no way of knowing if we can get them back out."

Rhiannon: "not to mention you only have Agent Oliver and myself. We're good, but I'm not sure we're enough."

Man: "I'm aware, which is why I'm going to enlist the help of the people who made it out before the town fell."

Rhiannon makes a face

Rhiannon: "after all the former Director put them through, you think they would help us?"

The man smiles as he lights up a cigarette

Man: "I do, our interests are aligned. They want their loved ones back, and we want to free the town. I'll make it clear that I had nothing to do with this branch of the organization. The EU FANG branch is strictly technology, the Americans were always power hungry."

He shakes his head as smokes

Man: "You worry about being ready to go Agent Rhiannon. I'll worry about the rest. As the last competent member of the board it's my responsibility after all."

Rhiannon nods and turns to leave, glancing back over her shoulder

Agent Rhiannon: "How much does Agent Oliver know about all of this?"

Man: "Enough to keep his priorities straight. It's all strictly need to know."

Agent Rhiannon: "He isnt need to know?"

Man: "Agent Oliver is a good man but short sighted. He wont be able to see the benefits of the situation. He'll get in the way if he learns the full extent of the situation. Please, carry on with your work. As I said, I'll handle the rest."

Rhiannon leaves the room. The man looks at his computer screen. A smile crossing his face as he looks over the data on his screen.

----------------

~● Modern Day / Brainwashed Kyteler ●~

Detective Carter Washington walks away after dropping Caspian off to be "corrected". He leans against his patrol car as he looks up at the sky.

Detective Washington: "another beautiful day"

He smiles before getting in his car to drive back to the station.

At the station Yasmin, the new secretary, sits at Detective Washingtons desk looking through a case file. She quickly shoves it under some papers before resuming her crossword puzzle as the detective enters the office.

Detective Washington: "Good Morning darling, what have you got there"

Yasmin: "Oh, good morning dear. I was just doing a crossword waiting for you to get back from...where did you go again?"

Detective Washington: "I told you, I had to take that man Caspian to the asylum. He wasn't well."

Yasmin shakes her head

Yasmin: "Do you think its him? The one who killed those people I mean."

The detective looks away from his wife to fix some papers on his desk.

Detective Washington: "I'm not sure, but either way he's better for the town where he's at."

Yasmin nods in agreement.

Detective Washington: "don't you worry darling, I'll keep you and this town safe."

Yasmin: "Mhm...I know you will. Best detective around"

Detective Washington shakes his head knowing she isnt paying much attention. Caspians words echoing in his head. For a moment he can visualize someone he can't quite remember meeting. A name comes to his mind

Detective Washington: "Honey, do we know anyone named Drew?"

Yasmin doesn't look up from her crossword.

Yasmin: "Hm? Oh, No. Not that I know of. Why?"

Detective Washington: "ah, its nothing."

Hes silent for a moment realizing he has no idea who Drew even is. Must of just been some random memory from a dream or something

https://c.tenor.com/zPSlnus5nssAAAAM/dc-titans.gif

He sits at his desk glancing out the window as Yasmin continues her crossword. The sun shines beautifully over the town as its residents begin their days...

---------

~● Dream Of those who escaped ●~

You awaken in the garden of Kyteler Grove. Unsure of how you got there you quickly stand up trying to get a grasp on reality.

Voices whisper in the wind around you

Voices: "You left us to die..."

The accusations cut deep emotionally.

Voices: "We need you...please...please come home."

You frantically look around trying to find a source of the voices but you find nothing. Just as before fog begins to take shape into the form of some horrible monster.

https://s6.gifyu.com/images/tumblr_3727c09f2a3ca32c4397711fca61ab78_ee3f4a74_500.gif

Only this time it comes directly for you...just before it consumes you, you awaken from your sleep with Kyteler Grove on your mind....

--------------------------------

Hello! And welcome to season 2 of The Grove. In super excited to share this season with all of you. Our cast has grown a lot since season 1 so I'm very thrilled to see what you all do with your characters!

Something new I'm doing this season is with the music I use. Every song is a hint to the plot or the characters. It could be the whole song or even just one single line. I thought this would be a fun way to spread little hints.

The Episode schedule is as follows

Friday October 1st - Starting things off/people of Kyteler living life/the escapees returning to the Grove

Saturday October 2nd - nothing major, just getting settled into town and your characters

Sunday October 3rd - Uncovering secrets + The serial killer strikes again 5pm Est

(This episode opens Friday October 1st at 5PM EST PLEASE DO NOT POST IN CHARACTER HERE UNTIL THEN)
931 days 2 hours ago
Scarelet
(If you're confused on where to start:

1.) If you are not brainwashed or in Kyteler grove start off wherever you left your character at the end of season 1

2.) If you are brainwashed or in Kyteler Grove you should be vibing and living in the "peaceful" "perfect" Kyteler Grove )

---------------------

~● In Kyteler Grove ●~

*Evelyn walks into the moonlight diner to order some breakfast*

*across town Cal opens up his bar*

*Detective Carter Washington is at the police station going over case files*

--------

~● Outside of Kyteler ●~

*FANG engineers are setting up a massive device near the edge of the barrier as the new Director oversees progress*
931 days 2 hours ago
nateclove
*Alison Warburton steps out of her limo and poses for the paparazzi that have been following her for the last fifteen blocks*
https://www.byrdie.com/thmb/iTp3HBuEeyH1XSO1qHqdvmwKxoU=/500x350/filters:no_upscale():max_bytes(150000):strip_icc()/jamie-chung-a0d4979434a848b1ae15a562212a34fc.gif

*After they get enough pictures she bravely makes a statement*
https://66.media.tumblr.com/eb9a90d6a835789382d8de77912268aa/tumblr_pildar3mWR1xabvlbo8_400.gif

"As you all know, I am extremely sad to announce that I will be taking a leave of absence from my fashion model career. There are some personal issues that I simply must take care of, but not to worry, you will all be seeing me again very soon! But for now, I bid you all farewell."

*She blows the camera a kiss before taking a deep breath and turning around, walking towards a familiar place, Grandma Wolfe's hostel*
931 days 2 hours ago
Demgirl6
Yasmin: *she's staring at her crossword like her life depends on it, chewing at the end of her pen* ...
931 days 2 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
Prue skips out of her house, heading towards the streets as she starts hitch-hiking for a ride to the Moonlight Diner.
https://66.media.tumblr.com/d96eba796548c49b1ee68a2aa88b26f7/22b86fca1d280fcd-da/s540x810/a1e43cbe29dea9eb3e2192b394313b75d3c3a302.gif
931 days 2 hours ago
bigdizzleyomama
*Aiden is sitting in the apartment him and vincent have been staying at he runs a hand through his hair he seems a bit sadder than he did before everything*

*Triston is hanging out inside kyteler he is working on someone’s broken bike they brought into him sighing a bit*
931 days 2 hours ago
Kgamer2218
Ace: Ace threw the cardigan sweater around his body and attached it together with buttons. The town around him was perfect as could be and he was starting another day. Sometimes he feels the pulling on his head, but it’s probably just lack of golfing. He goes outside his luxurious house to the outside air Hearing the Ford Mustangs roar down the busy streets.

“Whew the cars are revving up today!” He quickly says to himself before walking down the street ready for the adventures awaits.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c4/17/d4/c417d41728f6ca7087df5e954fe47746.gif
931 days 2 hours ago
Hudspith
*sits at the head of the table in the back of one of my bars holding council*

You'll be left in charge while I'm gone just keep things running while I'm not here I shouldn't be more then a few weeks
931 days 2 hours ago
Symmetry888
Vincent's sitting on the floor of the apartment attempting to explain to the cat that tearing up Aiden's clothes won't help them deal with their feelings. "I mean, it could function as an outlet but there's so many other options out there?"
931 days 2 hours ago
spinfur
*Zion is in the hotel with his homemade office while Forrest is off working his job in the witch store*
931 days 2 hours ago
Coolbrandonman
In the woods of Kyteler, a pile of rocks start shuffling then go still. They shuffle again with a few smaller rocks falling down the pile this time. Then suddenly the entire pile falls apart and all that’s left is a hand sticking out of the ground
https://images.gr-assets.com/hostedimages/1457908369ra/18421362.gif
Another hand pokes out of the hole and start digging dirt and rocks up until finally Jalen emerges. Grunts as he pulls himself out and lays on the ground once he’s free. He looks up at the trees and sky as he lies down
“Finally.”

He slowly sits up and looks down at his body. His clothes are torn apart and are covered in all kinds of shit like dirt, dust, and blood. He looks back up and sighs, wiping his eyes. He stands up and looks around, seeing what looks to be civilization and starts walking over to it
931 days 2 hours ago
camell22
Maxi: *he goes house hunting with a salesperson *

Salesman: Alright so this house is 3 stories with about 2 guest bedrooms a master bathroom, a big living room along with a fire place. This place is very well Known of hosting parties and social events

Maxi: Awesome sounds good for a cook out

——————————————————————-

Japan: *Bathing Nugget*

Nugget: as I was saying me and mr. squeakers are about to have a serious relationship, but I don’t know-

*He looks at Japan still thinking to himself*

Nugget: JAPAN!

Japan: *Snaps out of it* HUH WHAT *looks at nugget * oh sorry nugget you were saying

Nugget: Japan I’m worried

Japan: About what

Nugget: about you ever since that incident at the grocery store about that pastor you haven’t been yourself lately

Japan: I’m fine you have nothing worry about. I’m still me
931 days 2 hours ago
SirNiceGuy
*Eunice is done for the semester. Finals completed, shit’s taken care of, she is home free for the next… however many months this season lasts. Three?*

E: “Mom, I know I asked this yesterday, but how’s Serge doing?”
M: “He’s an angel. You father and I have been taking great care of him over the past year.”
E: “That’s great…”

~~~

*Hideo, now a legal US citizen, is doing citizen-y things like… reading bills.*

H: “…I still don’t know how I feel about this.”
931 days 2 hours ago
Symmetry888
Lyra stands at the edge of the woods staring out at the town.
https://64.media.tumblr.com/50821201a5a6749294cbf4e227c4400a/tumblr_p7cwmegn6F1tdm2x5o2_400.gif
931 days 2 hours ago
Kgamer2218
Ace: Ace ventures towards the Moonlight Diner to get started on his day. It’s the most rockin place in town with the nicest and newest jukebox ever! For which will surely wake him up to start his day. He enters the diner sitting down in one of the booths listening to the tunes on the jukebox.

“So Mellow and chill in here.” Stating to himself once again. He talks to himself a lot.
931 days 2 hours ago
camell22
Japan: *takes nugget out and fries he heads out the bathroom going into the living room of the apartment he is staying with others I believe well with his mate* welp giving Nugget his bath is complete

open group

The Dragon's Lament

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!