This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Duel #5 - Clock Management

Topic » Duel #5 - Clock Management

1288 days 11 hours ago
noah_kondon
JAMES VS. JOHN

Alright, today’s elimination is called “Clock Management” and here’s how it works, I’ll invite you both to separate secret groups, so you can not base yourself off each other’s progress.  You will both be admins in your respective groups as well to prevent spam block.  Make sure you’re an admin BEFORE you start.

There will be a forum there waiting for each of you, when ready, send me a MAIL saying “GO”, and start spamming posts in your forum.

However, here’s the catch, you can only go as long as you keep your clock running.  To keep your clock running, every 5 minutes (or more frequent) you must MAIL me “RESETS CLOCK”.  BE CAREFUL NOT TO GO LONGER THAN 5 MINUTES, because if there’s longer than 5 minutes between 2 mails, then you will be OUT of the challenge at the timestamp that you failed at.  So for example, if you start at 00:00:00 and your last mail was say at 00:11:21 but you don’t get a mail in by 00:16:21, then your result is:  Time ran out at 16:21

You also, can not go LONGER than 30 minutes.  To end your challenge, message me “STOPS CLOCK” ideally at some point before 30 minutes. If you go OVER 30 minutes, then your time will be however long it took you to stop your clock.  So, if you stopped it at say 32:17, your result is: Stoped Clock at 32:17

If you didn’t have your time run out, and you stopped your clock at some point before 30 minutes, your final time will be however many posts you had in your forum at the time of stopping your clock.

So here are the rankings on what type of score you want:

—Ideal—
____ Posts (If both players get a score like this, whoever has more posts wins the duel)
Stoped Clock at [Time > 30:00] (If both players get a score like this, whoever stopped their clock faster wins the duel)
Tome ran out at ____ (If both players get a score like this, whoever lasted longer before having their clock run out)
—Not Ideal—

So yes, a player who stopped their clock late would beat someone who had time run out.  You CAN have time run out at a time over 30 minutes.  You an go as long as you want in this comp I guess, but once you get over 30 minutes, it benefits you to stop your clock as soon as possible once you get past 30.

Do this at any point you want between now and 6 EST tomorrow, but if you both do it faster, I can get you guys results faster.

Whoever has the highest score according to the rules I layed out will win the duel and remain in the game.  Loser is out of here.
1288 days 11 hours ago
Jacadeux
i dig
1288 days 11 hours ago
Jacadeux
I did not know there was a way around spam lock, i'm shook
1288 days 11 hours ago
noah_kondon
(I do not need to be online when you do this)
1288 days 11 hours ago
noah_kondon
I set it both groups to where you can't post until I make you an admin
1287 days 14 hours ago
Jacadeux
John, if you win this you SOOOOOOOOOOOO deserve it and hats off
because i'm in royal pain and couldn't have done any better than i did.
and <3
1287 days 14 hours ago
noah_kondon
Alright, valiant effort from BOTH of you in this elimination, you both went hard, and neither of you mismanaged your clock, you both locked in in under 30 minutes, so it all comes down to posts
1287 days 14 hours ago
Jacadeux
we 2 kings
1287 days 14 hours ago
noah_kondon
John: 689 posts
James: 518 posts

JOHN wins tonight's elimination!
1287 days 14 hours ago
Jacadeux
SLAIN
yeah, i couldn't possibly have done better. ROFL. I was clicking save 3 and 4 times between every post
1287 days 14 hours ago
noah_kondon
James, valiant effort, it's been fun having you here, but sadly, this ends your time here in Brazil.
1287 days 13 hours ago
Jxhn
Good effort James!

open group

NTC: The Zone

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!