Feb 8, 2018
Who are the interested people?
We are all, to a greater or lesser extent, interested people. However, there are people who only come to us because they want something, but are not willing to give anything in return. You will recognize them because:
- They are people who behave like emotional vampires, so at the end of a conversation, even the most trivial, it is likely that you feel as if all your energy has been extracted.
- They are very demanding people, who are never satisfied with what you give them. No matter how many sacrifices you have made or how much you have tried to satisfy them, it will never be enough and they will let you know.
- They are people who do not commit to the relationship and are not willing to give anything, unless they receive something important in return. With these people relationships lose their affective aspect to become a kind of commercial exchange.
- They manage to generate negative feelings in you, such as guilt and insecurity. They are true teachers to make others feel bad, especially if they do not give in to their requests.
Actually, these people are not bad, the problem is that they do not know how to relate in any other way. They believe that they are the center of the universe and their selfishness makes them think that everyone should become their "subject".
To maintain a cordial relationship with them, you must make them understand that you respect them but that you also expect them to respect your individuality. Mark limits and make sure you do not trespass them. Let them know that you will not fall into their game and that you can help them in certain situations but that does not mean that you will always be at their disposal.
Who are the interesting people?
An interesting person is someone who brings us a lot from the emotional and intellectual point of view. This people:
- They are architects of positive emotions and make you laugh, even in bad times, staying by your side when you need it most.
- They allow you to grow as a person, helping you to understand what you can not see at a glance and to broaden your vision.
- They do not know everything, but they have an alert and curious mind always ready to explore new things, next to you.
- They know how to bring out your best facet in the light, making you the best version of yourself.
Interesting people always dazzle, either because of their knowledge, their ability to convey affection, their empathy or their authenticity. They are not perfect people, nobody is, but they know how to welcome and respect others, relating from the depths of their "I". They are people with whom you connect almost immediately and feel a total empathy because you share ideas, passions and hobbies.
Often these people are not interested in "fitting in" or "adapting", so in many cases their attitudes and points of view represent a challenge for others. In fact, that is one of the reasons why we find it so stimulating because, despite sharing values, they are also very different and become agents of change that drive our growth.
Look for people who vibrate, who know how to criticize you without hurting you, people who pursue their dreams and spread their joy, who do not lose heart, who seek solutions and who recognize their mistakes when they make mistakes. When you find them, do not let them escape because they are a precious find.
And of course, try to become a person like that, an interesting person who is worth spending time with and committing to.
Leave a comment