How to Hunger
- this tips are about winning ( or getting far enough to glitch tysm randomize)
***** MOST IMPORTANT TIP OF ALL TIME *****
Hunger is a SLOW SLOW SLOW game. As much as it looks "action packed" , most of the game is about doing literally nothing. If you don't have the patience, don't join !
**** Arrows *****
1) Do not EVER shoot anyone that isn't going to die. There is no benefits to that. Not only can they get their health back which is a total waste, they also are now after you.
2) PLAN YOUR SHOOTING. I always like to shoot before the the 40 second mark before the min because it's fun to rage shoot, the target doesn't have time to react and it gives all your fellow murderers a set time to start.
3) You need about 80 arrows to do 100 damage. So if you want to shoot someone, make sure you have
enough in your chatzy.
4) Save your arrows but be smart about it. If people around you see you not shooting anyone they will start to wonder about your intentions (and call you a dick). I try to make sure I have the most in the game which is hard to do but usually as long as there isn't enough arrows all around to get me out, I just go ahead and shoot.If you are not a corn sitter, it is much more important to save you arrows. As the game gets to later stages the arrows become more important for 2 reasons which you can figure out if you think hard enough.
5) Keep track of arrows. As the game settles down on D2, this becomes easier to do. The people who have sat in the corn have about 20-25, the people who didn't shoot have 10s etc.
*** Comps ****
1) General facts : each XP is 3%, attackers is 5%, swords are 5 xp ,maces 3 , axes 2 , knives 1. For beating someone you have never fought before, you get 2xp if you attack and 1xp if you were attacked.
2) Know your good comps. Being good in a comp in frookies (@sparTsgaw) is not the same as being good in survivor ( gigi10 ) and that's not the same as being good in hunger ( aes222aes ). I almost never save words in hunger, because that's my worst comp. I just don't risk it. Here's scores I would generally save. (ofc if the person you are facing is say violets you react accordingly)
Maze -> 550
Numbers -> 750
Endurane -> 1300
Flakes -> 220
M3 : > 28k
Lineballs : > 90k
Words -> 1.1k
Deal -> 200k if I save first , 750k otherwise
Again these are scores I would save almost for sure but it really depends. For example I wouldn't save 90k against underwzc in lineballs but would save like 650(?) in numbers
3) Winning comps is not the same as being better than the opponent in comps necessarily. Although me and aes222aes were about the same skillset in comps back when we played hunger, I would always beat him because he saved comps I was better than him at and I just ran the comps he was better than me at. If you're better than the person you are facing in 4/8 comps you should be able to win. Specially if you have your opponent down to 20 health or so, just run it only gives them like 3 health.
4) XP IS A BIIIIIIG DEAL in endurance and flake. If you have a big xp disadvantage in flakes or endu , you're not gonna win just give it up.
5) Don't fight people you can't beat voluntary
1) You need BIG Alliances in hunger. F8-10 is generally a good idea. If you're only working with 3 people, you are outnumbered. Use your arrows to make new allies AND NOT JUST SHOOT ROSHY RANDOMLY specially if you can't be in the corn.
2) There are 2 types of hunger players: Those that will arrow you OR can beat you in a ftd and those that wont or cant. THEY G2G! thats how you find your targets, thats how you decide your alliance and by taking them out is how you win. People who would arrow you but cant beat you suddenly stop being a threat if they waste their arrows! People who can beat you at comps can be taken out only by arrows really.
3) Try to find a way to sit in the corn. Obviously if people think/know you're good at comps that does it, but you can also stall with someone, have enough arrows to scare anyone from attacking you, be friendly enough with everyone that they wont attack you. Be careful about stalling though because it also makes you a clear target for people who want to sit in the corn and you're taking up their spots.
4) XP HELPS. if your xp is really high, dont tell anyone ! try to get enough XP that you're comfortable that you can beat people but not enough that everyone knows they can't beat you and that they have to arrow you.
5) 4 people make payouts, that's the size of your alliance inside your alliance. There's no need to rush that though as things change quick.
6) You dont have to get everyone out at the same time, just wait for the right time when all the arrows / comp conditions are met
7) dont share your health specially if its low.
8) If you sit in the corn, the start of the game is a great time to do favours for everyone by giving them health, guessing bushes etc since you just get your health back. Otherwise find a bush group where you all take turns guessing the bush. The bush is really the only way to keep your health up past day1.
I can't think of much else off the top of my head so comment all your questions and concerns
People that asked to be tagged :
Leave a comment