Hell's Kitchen S19 Power Rankings (Top 10)
Feb 25, 2021
- I’m surprised Syann was sent home as early as she was. Her performance in this episode wasn’t great, but I do think Jordan has overstayed her welcome.
10. Jordan Savell- Jordan was a mess this episode (despite Kori being part of the blame in my opinion). I think she would’ve crashed and burned with or without the miscommunication with Kori. Therefore, she stays at the bottom.
9. Marc Quinones- Marc stayed out of the spotlight this week, which I think was pretty good for Marc. I still don’t know how long he’ll be here, since he took a really big deep. But he’s showing improvement which is really great to see, given how good his natural cooking ability is.
8. Lauren Lawless- It seems like every week, Lauren is either in big trouble or completely invisible. This week, she was invisible, so she remains safe enough to put her higher than bigger wildcards Jordan and Marc. But I have a feeling she still may go sooner rather than later.
7. Kori Sutton- I’ll be honest, I don’t know why Gordon was so upset at the red team nominating Kori. She called the wrong ticket and threw off the entire service. I understand that she’s been one of the most consistent in services, but I just don’t feel like her mistakes should be excused. Jordan messed up a lot too, but Kori was the one who told her to send the lamb when the lamb wasn’t on the ticket. It just didn’t sit right with me to hear Ramsay say “bullsh*t” in regards to her team nominating her. I would’ve nominated her too. She’s still a better chef than Jordan, Marc, and Lauren, but I do think she was the reason for the red team’s loss this week.
6. Adam Pawlak- Adam finally had a slip up, and had the blue team lost, he would’ve gone home for it. He was a disaster on scallops, and really the only issue with the blue team’s service. I still think Marc is the weakest member of his team, but Amber and Cody totally outshined Adam this week, and Declan is stronger overall. So I think this puts Adam pretty low on this week’s ranking.
5. Declan Horgan- Declan was a disaster in the challenge, but solid in service. I thought he’d be a much bigger front runner, but the past few weeks, I just haven’t seen the same Declan I saw from the first few episodes.
4. Amber Lancaster- Amber is such a difficult person to rank. For starters, she had a disastrous beginning of the episode, clashing with her team and breaking down more than once. She was also terrible in the challenge, yelling random proteins out that just didn’t fit. But she did redeem herself in the dinner service where she had one of the most impressive meat services of all time. It’s really hard to know where to place her. Her teamwork is really rough, but her cooking skills are just so good.
3. Mary Lou Davis- The only thing I remember from Mary Lou this episode is her funny moment at the surfing reward. I worry that Mary Lou is standing out more for her character moments than her cooking, and while her cooking is still really good, I worry she’s too much of a supporting character in the grand scheme of things. She’s still toward the top for consistency.
2. Nikki Hanna- Nikki was able to stay out of the drama yet again. I’m really impressed with how well Nikki has integrated herself into the season. That being said, like Mary Lou, I’m worried we’re not seeing her enough, so I don’t know how that fares for her winner possibility. But she’ll still go far.
1. Cody Candelario- I’m finally putting Cody at one. He was rough at the start of the season, but he has really emerged as the strongest member of the Blue Team. He was the one yelling the correct answers out during the challenge, and nobody listened to him. He’s the voice of reason, and he’s the reason why the blue team was able to resolve the Marc drama and then the Amber drama. As long as Cody is still there, I may have hope for the blue team.
I can’t fathom anyone besides Jordan, Marc, or Lauren going home next. Even Lauren I think showed this week that she isn’t a total burden for her team. Between Marc and Jordan, I’m going on sheer talent and ability.
Going Home- Jordan Savell
Leave a comment