Hell's Kitchen S19 Power Rankings (Top 12)
Feb 11, 2021
- Wow, Peter just wasn’t cut out for this job, at least not at this point in his career. I honestly do commend Peter a lot more for being able to admit that he wasn’t ready. SO many people try to convince themselves they’re ready, which isn’t the case, and Peter owned up to it. I wish him well.
12. Josh Oakley- Josh is skating by, in my opinion. He didn’t do any blatant offenses this time, but he did pick up fish with tongs and almost have a meltdown because of it. I just feel like, with Peter gone, Josh is probably the blue team’s weakest link and is pretty much holding them back. No offense to him, I just don’t see a head chef in there.
11. Lauren Lawless- When you’re getting called out by members of the OTHER team, you’re in for a rough go. I think Lauren is inexperienced, but opposed to Nikki, she hasn’t seemed to determined to learn. She just isn’t standing out, and is setting her team back a whole lot. I was high on her last week, but this week, I think she’s gotta be the red team’s most vulnerable because of all the extra support she’s required during services.
10. Marc Quinones- Marc was on the brink of elimination. I do think Marc has the talents to keep him around, but he just can’t seem to work with others. We saw in the end of the episode that Declan is willing to try and work with Marc. The question will be, will Marc be able to work with the team?
9. Jordan Savell- Jordan managed to escape the spotlight another week in a row, not getting much slack at all for the entire episode. I think Lauren is emerging as the red team’s weak link, and Jordan should be grateful for that. As much as I think her days are numbered, perhaps she’s safer behind the cushion of Josh, Lauren, and Marc.
8. Amber Lancaster- Ever since going to the blue team, I think Amber’s flaws have been showing more and more. She doesn’t seem to communicate very well. But hey, at least between Marc and Amber, Amber somehow still seems like the more level-headed. I do think both of their egos are clashing terribly, and they need to start meshing together soon. Her skills are there, but communication is off.
7. Kori Sutton- After an already rough night, I think Kori had another setback. She was boasting and bragging about her cooking skills within Mexican cuisine, and it backfired when she received poor reviews on both her dishes. I think she communicates the best on the red team, but man this episode did not make her look very good.
6. Syann Williams- Syann had a pretty nice episode, enjoying her punishment pass to enjoy a spa day. But with this punishment pass being used, will this make her team gang up on her? I honestly don’t think so. She’s so sweet. Probably not our winner, but likable and so charismatic. A team player.
5. Mary Lou Davis- Mary Lou didn’t get much screen time, since Kori was the one getting most of the attention for their bad Mexican dish. She’s still in a good position, I just don’t have a ton to say about her for this particular episode. Her scene with Cody was cute.
4. Nikki Hanna- Nikki started the service off nervous, but put up some delicious lamb and a great meat station all night. She is growing more than anyone, and I think Lauren should take a page out of Nikki’s book.
3. Declan Horgan- After a whole episode of fighting with Marc, Declan redeemed himself this time. He put fighting aside, and instead worked on being a really great team player. He trusted in Cody to lead him through the Mexican cuisine challenge, and he helped try to talk Peter into staying. He seemed to really care about his team, and for that, he won me over.
2. Cody Candelario- Cody went from the least likable to one of the most. He is the voice of reason on his team, he came across very sincere during the punishment, but he also had the guts to call out Lauren’s lazy behavior. That being said, I still haven’t seen him truly shine as a COOK. Until he does, I’ll keep him away from the tippity top spot.
1. Adam Pawlak- There was no moment as heartwarming as seeing Adam break down in tears over his win for the blue team. He truly brought his team to victory. He’s been the most consistent and honestly the most likable blue team member. I love giving him the top spot this week, because he truly deserves it and earned it.
I think Adam, Cody, and Declan are all there to win, and it’s people like Marc and Amber (for their communication) and Josh (for his inexperience) that are holding them down. The red team has the stronger team overall, but they also have some of the weakest assets, with Lauren and Jordan. Only time will tell, but I think (if we don’t lose Marc due to his terrible arguments with others) it might be Josh’s time to go. I still can’t overlook those cupcakes from a few episodes ago.
Going Home- Josh Oakley
Leave a comment