Hell's Kitchen S19 Power Rankings (Top 15)
Jan 28, 2021
- This Caesar salad episode was fun! It’s always funny seeing them ride those bikes. Unfortunately, we did see Fabiola struggle with a bit of a breakdown, and it reflected in her poor service, as she was sent home. We also saw Jordan and Lauren perform poorly, the red team tried to boot Nikki despite Nikki bouncing back, and Declan vs. Marc seems to be making its way into the season. Also, Drew needs a belt!
15. Jordan Savell- Jordan was my elimination prediction last week, and I’m sticking with it again this week. Her performance was truly awful, not being able to comprehend the tickets given at service. She also brought up the wrong meat dish entirely. I just think Jordan isn’t cut out for this competition, even if she’s a solid chef otherwise. She just hasn’t been able to improve on a weekly basis between the two services.
14. Cody Candelario- What a disaster Cody was on the fish station this week. I guess last week’s impressive shrimp dish was a fluke. Cody served bad fries last week, and terrible fish this week. The only thing saving Cody is his team. As long as the blue team wins, Cody stays. But as soon as they lose, I could see him being the next casualty.
13. Lauren Lawless- Lauren was really strong in the first few episodes but really tanked this episode. Any potential got immediately ripped away by some truly terrible communication issues on her team. Luckily for her, Jordan is doing much worse, and Fabiola was the person Ramsay sent home. Lauren has some wiggle room to improve, but this episode was a huge setback.
12. Drew Tingley- Drew finally got his belt. Let’s see if he can keep his pants up, or if his elimination is coming sooner than expected.
11. Brittani Ratcliff- Invisible Brittani, would you like to join this season? We want to hear your voice!
10. Peter Martinez- Peter was fine this week. There were clearly much more offensive chefs in the kitchen this week. And hey, Peter didn’t have his crack showing all episode.
9. Marc Quinones- Oh Marc. Marc was a strong contender early on, but he and Declan are already butting heads. It’s so early, and if this continues, this could be truly disastrous for his team.
8. Josh Oakley- Josh is getting more screen time, but still doesn’t seem like the leader he needs to be on his team. He’s good, but isn’t shining any brighter than some of the top dogs this season. I’m waiting for his big breakthrough.
7. Nikki Hanna- Nikki bounced back, but their team still wants her out. I could see this fueling Nikki and making her a bigger force to be reckoned with. She had a terrible service, learned from it, and her team needs to see that.
6. Mary Lou Davis- Mary Lou had her best episode yet, continuing to improve and send out good food through and through. She’s also just giving great content in confessionals. I love watching what Mary Lou has to say, and for the first time this season, I think she’s not just taking the talk but walking the walk as well.
5. Amber Lancaster- Amber was one of my favorites, but she was campaigning hard for Nikki to go, which bugged me a tad. If the team wants to improve, they have to look forward instead of looking back. The team wanted to gang up on LAST week’s poor-performer, but they should’ve been more focuses on the service at hand. Amber seems to have one of the most heard voices on the team, she just needs to be able to sway people the right way.
4. Adam Pawlak- Adam is sterling clear of all the drama on his team. He’s one of the blue team’s MVPs, but that’s not saying a ton since everyone on the blue team (aside from Adam and Declan) are underwhelming these past few episodes.
3. Declan Horgan- Declan is great, but he’s already feuding a tad with Marc. I think Declan has the ability to separate personal from business, so he won’t let it reflect too much in the service. But if for some reason Declan does act out against Marc in service, it could be detrimental for the team. That’s why he’s at 3, since the people I put above him seem to be the most calm, cool, and collected in service.
2. Kori Sutton- Kori’s voice is still prominently heard on this season. She was a beast on garnish this week. Had Jordan communicated better, I think Kori would stand out more, but she did have Jordan holding her back a tad. I still think she’s one of the strongest ones on the season. Her team needs leadership, and I hope Kori steps up.
1. Syann Williams- Syann had the common sense to stick up for Nikki when the team was going after her. I think Syann is on the right wavelength, and this will fare well in her favor in Ramsay’s eyes. I hope she can find that voice and that her teammates start listening. But right now, she’s winning over the hearts of the audiences, and that’s enough to put her this high. I’ll give her the top spot this week, as it’s too soon to determine an MVP, and she’s had a pretty great few episodes.
Declan is still the front-runner, but Kori and Syann have been so great these first few episodes, and have gotten the best edits of anyone on the red team (who I believe to be the stronger team as a whole). As for who goes home next, I think Jordan is the weakest one left, but Cody could very well see his time cut short too.
Going Home- Jordan Savell
Leave a comment