The Amazing Race S32 Power Rankings (Top 5)
- I’ll admit, I was really impressed with the alliance the whole season, but this past leg, I started to feel a bit put off by the alliance. Will & James would have struggled on this mega-leg without help, and only made it through a few parts of the leg because of the alliance. I do think there is an extent that the alliance can help one another with before it gets irritating. It’s completely fair, but irritating nonetheless. When you literally reveal all the secrets to everyone, it just delegitimizes the team receiving the help in my opinion. It was frustrating to watch, especially knowing that Kaylynn and Haley had absolutely no chance from the start, knowing that the alliance was going to pile up on them with hourglasses.
5. DeAngelo & Gary- With a U-turn coming up, and three teams clearly leaving DeAngelo & Gary and Eswar & Aparna on the outs, I think it’s fairly likely these two will get u-turned. They’re the stronger team between them and Eswar & Aparna, and they were still able to succeed in the mega leg without some alliance help. But this only gives more reason for people to U-turn them. I think DeAngelo has more skills for this race than Gary does, but Gary did redeem himself this past leg. I just think, with the competition as tight as it is, a U-turn won’t give them enough time to bounce back.
4. Eswar & Aparna- Without a U-turn, I’d definitely put these two in the bottom. They have skated by every leg, but not easily. They have gotten through by the skin of their teeth. The thing is, they still always get by. And in this race, all that matters is that you aren’t last. And they never have been. So as much as I think they’re probably the weakest team, you really can’t count them out.
3. Hung & Chee- I think Hung & Chee have struggled more than usual, especially this week, but switching detours was what put them at such odds to finish high in this leg. They really have to remind themselves that every minute counts, and they can’t waste time. Otherwise, I think they’re still a strong enough team to reach the final.
2. Will & James- Like I said, Will & James probably placed too high given their racing this past leg…but the alliance did give them help, so I can’t blame them. They played the strategic version of the race, and it’s paying off. But I really wonder if they’ll take any huge blunders from here on.
1. Riley & Maddison- They really dominated this mega-leg. They started off on the wrong foot, but managed to bounce back really quickly and dominated from then on. I think they rode the middle of the pack until it was time to truly emerge victorious, and now they’ve been in the top 2 for the past four legs. I think they’re the clear front-runners to win, but going to the finals with Will & James and Hung & Chee seems like the least pleasing combination. I’d want to be racing in the finals with Eswar & Aparna. Let’s see if they stick to this final three.
Now that the alliance has gotten rid of everyone, it’ll be interesting to see who emerges victorious, and if this new Final Three alliance will be the final 3 of the season. Time will tell.
Going Home- DeAngelo & Gary
Leave a comment