The Amazing Race S32 Power Rankings (Top 8- Part 2)
Nov 10, 2020
- This was an interesting episode, as we saw some new teams emerge toward the tippy top, and some of our front-runners took a dip. Hung & Chee didn’t finish close to the top 2, DeAngelo & Gary couldn’t stack watermelons, and Kaylynn & Haley took a surprisingly long time building the cellos, as did Eswar. It’ll definitely be interesting to see how the girls bounce back (or not) with their speed bump. Let’s rank.
8. Eswar & Aparna- Eswar & Aparna look promising, but usually find one aspect of the leg that REALLY stumps them. This week, it was the cello building. They breezed past the other parts of the leg, but with the competition this tight, ONE mistake could send you home. If they made this cello mistake two weeks from now, they’d be going home, without time to recover with the rest of the leg. I’m worried for them. Still rooting for them, but not too confident.
7. Kaylynn & Haley- They really struggled with the cello, but probably could’ve finished the leg faster if it weren’t for a HORRIBLE cab driver. This makes me think that they still have some race left in them. They are a stronger team than the last episode led on. Do I think they’re toward the bottom since they finished last? Of course! But the speed bumps haven’t been too difficult in the past, and they should bounce back for a few more weeks.
6. DeAngelo & Gary- I was shocked at how badly these guys performed that watermelon task. I do think they breezed past the earlier parts of the race, which only shows that one task could send you out. I do think they’re a strong team, but like I said with Eswar and Aparna, one bad task could be your demise this late in the game. They have been up and down and up and down… let’s see how the next few legs pan out.
5. Hung & Chee- I still love them and hope they win, but this leg wasn’t their strongest. Every hero needs an obstacle. Let’s hope this was a fluke and they can bounce back.
4. Riley & Maddison- Riley & Maddison have been consistently in the middle. But eventually, being 4th place is going to put you closer and closer to elimination. They’re playing the alliance game, but they may want to start playing the game for themselves.
3. Michelle & Victoria- Michelle & Victoria were so impressive this week, and truly bounced back from their blunder last week. They have been such a fun team to watch, as they are unpredictable but have proven that they’re more than just fun characters. I was super impressed, so much so that I put them all the way up at number 3.
2. Leo & Alana- I feel like this Leo & Alana and Will & James feud is going to come to a head soon. Who will prevail is the question? This is why they are at the top of my rankings, as I truly don’t know if Leo & Alana will seek revenge, or if Will & James will continue to beat them at every leg. Either way, it’s a fun rivalry brewing and I tend to lean towards rooting for the boys more than I do the nerds. I didn’t like their attitudes at the top of the episode…but they did finish up high on the leaderboard, so well done.
1. Will & James- It was amazing to see them navigate this leg. The strategy from the top of the episode, the consistent racing, the shot of their audition tape with them practicing the bottle balancing. It was a perfect leg for them, and they continue to grow on me and impress me. I can’t wait to see their rivalry with Leo & Alana continue. I hope we hit a peak soon.
I don’t think there’s one OBVIOUS weak team, as some weaker teams have gotten stronger and some stronger teams have gotten weaker. I’m going with a team that has always been one step behind.
Going Home- Eswar & Aparna
Leave a comment