Posts 15798 posts
ESC 2020 National Final thoughts (15 February)
Feb 15, 2020
- ARMENIA 🇦🇲
Weak selection. Athena and Tokionine were the only ones that even remotely interested me, and one of them in a "this is so bad that it's good"-kind-of-way (Athena). I will admit that Athena sells the hell out of Chains On You live, and it IS irritatingly catchy lmao, but if I had to guess she's probably going to NQ. What happened to Armenia?
Well, at least it's not Monika Marija ^_^.
The Roop wasn't my #1 choice, but I'm content with them winning. It would have felt icky for a song with such a massive televoting win in Lithuania to lose out because of the juries. The song has also grown on me quite a bit. It's quirky. It's hard to predict how it'll do at Eurovision. It will either be regarded as a total joke act and fail out miserably, or the quirkiness will entice people and it'll do well in the televote. The final verdict could be anywhere in between.
FO SHO were robbed. They absolutely KILLED it. They had everything. For once I got my hopes up about their chances but alas, they're out. Khayat is my favourite by far, but I quite enjoy Go-A as well. Tvorchi is interesting, and definitely a grower. The song is quite Rationale/Kwabs/Jacob Banks with edge, so in theory I should like it, and I do. But I'm all in on Khayat for next week's final.
IVA MUST WIN. That's it. Period.
Yeah, Estonia happened I guess. I only watched Jaagup's performance, and it was quite good. They did a good job at translating it from music video to live performance. It's the clear winner, and I say that without having seen any of the other performances lmao.
LMAO THAT WAS WILD (by Raylee). The voting sequence was insane. I swear I saw my life flash before the eyes. They had us in the first half, but Ulrikke's colossal win in Eastern Norway saved the day <3
Overall, it was a strong MGP final. I enjoyed almost every act. Ulrikke was my clear winner though so I couldn't be any happier about the final result.
Eurovision 2020 NF's TOP 50 (8 February)
Feb 8, 2020
- Not including any songs from Belarus, Slovenian snippets, or unreleased Swedish songs (including semi-final 2 acts)
01. 🇮🇹 Rancore - Eden
02. 🇮🇹 Elodie - Andromeda
03. 🇺🇦 Khayat - Call For Love
04. 🇳🇴 Ulrikke Brandstorp - Attention
05. 🇺🇦 FO SHO - Blck Sqr
06. 🇦🇺 Jaguar Jonze - Rabbit Hole
07. 🇦🇱 Elvana Gjata - Me tana
08. 🇷🇸 Hurricane - Hasta La Vista
09. 🇫🇮 Erika Vikman - Cicciolina
10. 🇱🇹 KaYra - Alligator
11. 🇳🇴 Raylee - Wild
12. 🇮🇸 IVA - Oculis Videre
13. 🇪🇪 Jaagup Tuisk - Beautiful Lie
14. 🇮🇹 Elettra Lamborghini - Musica (E il resto scompare)
15. 🇨🇿 Elis Mraz feat. Cis T - Wanna Be Like
16. 🇸🇪 The Mamas - Move
17. 🇨🇿 Benny Cristo - Kemama
18. 🇳🇴 Akuvi - Som du er
19. 🇱🇹 Evgenya Redko - Far
20. 🇩🇰 Jasmine Rose feat. RoxorLoops - Human
21. 🇱🇹 Monique - Make Me Human
22. 🇲🇩 Diana Rotaru - Dale Dale
23. 🇱🇹 Ruta Loop - We Came from the Sun
24. 🇵🇹 Blasted - Rebellion
25. 🇺🇦 Go-A - Solovey
26. 🇳🇴 Rein Alexander - One Last Time
27. 🇦🇺 Montaigne - Don't Break Me
28. 🇮🇹 Anastasio - Rosso di rabia
29. 🇦🇱 Era Rusi - Eja merre
30. 🇺🇦 Cloudless - Drown Me Down
31. 🇲🇩 Catarina Sandu - Die For You
32. 🇱🇻 Samanta Tina - Still Breathing
33. 🇨🇿 We All Poop - All the Blood
34. 🇩🇰 Ben & Tan - Yes
35. 🇦🇲 TOKIONINE - Save Me
36. 🇮🇹 Levante - Tikibombom
37. 🇮🇸 Elisabet - Haunting
38. 🇵🇹 Jimmy P - Abensonhado
39. 🇳🇴 Jæger - How About Mars
40. 🇺🇦 Assol - Save It
41. 🇲🇩 Natalia Gordienko - Prison
42. 🇨🇿 Olga Lounova - Dark Water
43. 🇩🇰 Sander Sanchez - Screens
44. 🇦🇱 Arilena Ara - Shaj
45. 🇱🇻 Edgars Kreilis - Tridymite
46. 🇱🇹 THE ROOP - On Fire
47. 🇦🇺 Vanessa Amorosi - Lessons of Love
48. 🇵🇹 Throes + The Shine - Movimento
49. 🇵🇹 Dubio feat. +351 - Cegueira
50. 🇳🇴 Sondrey - Take My Time
Never have I ever
Jan 24, 2020
- 1. Dreamt of FighterMan grabbing my ass as we locked eyes and admitted our love to one another. ✔
Eurovision 2020 NF Winners/Opinions (18 Jan)
Jan 18, 2020
- There are a lot more national final reveals to go, but these are some of my current favourites. I'm not including Australia because every song revealed thus far is shit, and I'm mainly waiting for Montaigne to reveal her song and hopefully demolish the competition.
🇪🇪 Jaagup Tuisk - Beautiful Lie
🇮🇸 Iva - Oculis videre
🇱🇻 Edgars Kreilis - Tridymite
🇱🇹 Monique - Make Me Human
🇳🇴 Raylee - Wild
🇵🇹 Blasted - Rebellion
Pretty underwhelming selection. Beautiful Lie is the clear standout for me by miles and miles. Young (Rasmus Randvee), and Out in Space (SHIRA) would complete my top three, but I'm all in for Jaagup.
Oculis videre is beautiful. It reminds me of La Forza, but feels distinct enough despite the comparison. I like Elisabet's song a lot too but I don't see Iceland voting for a rather MOR pop song. I'm expecting Dadi Freyr to contend for the win, but I don't love his entry as much as I'd want to.
Whatever they select needs a revamp. Still Breathing is good until the god-awful drop, and the last minute is a mess. Because of that Tridymite is my favourite, but it would need to be polished up too.
Monique surprised me today. I think Make Me Human is a really good, Billie Eilish-esque ballad. It's the kind of song I was expecting from Monika. I like Gabrielius too, but I'm not expecting him to win after his (relatively) poor semi-final placement last week.
Wild still slaps. One Last Time is good too in a Keiino/Rasmussen kind of way. It's fun schlager. I reckon it could give Norway back to back televote wins lol. I'm still holding out for Ulrikke, Tone, and Anna-Lisa Kumoji's sister.
I love Blasted's image, and I like the sound of Rebellion too. I don't particularly like the other favourites in Festival da Cancao, so I'm all in for Blasted.
I just wanted to play a group game
Jan 7, 2020
- I haven't seriously played a game in like over a year so I decided to start playing again and I get voted out first two times in the span of one month
I am literally never playing a group game again
"How was the party? I wasn't invited"
Jan 7, 2020
- "Actually, no, that's not the truth, Ellen. You were invited. No, last time I was on the show last year you gave me a bunch of shit about not inviting you, but I didn't even know you wanted to be invited."
"Well who doesn't want to be invited to a party?"
"Well I didn't even know you liked me."
"Of course I like you! You knew I liked you. You've been on the show many times, and don't I show like?"
"Thank you. But I did invite you and you didn't come."
"This time you invited me?"
"Are you sure?"
"How do you know? I don't think so."
*collective groan from the audience members followed by laughter*
"Ask Jonathan, your producer."
"I was invited? Why didn't I go?"
"I don't know."
"You were out of town."
"Oh, yeah, I had that thing."