Madonna Updated Album Rankings!
- About a year on from discovering Madonna's discography my ranking of her albums has definitely changed a lot! Of course I already knew a lot of the singles but had never listened to any of her albums in full.
Original Ranking: https://tengaged.com/blog/Chic/page/86
Here's an updated ranking based on what I've stayed listening to the last year and with the addition of her new album!
14. Erotica (1992) - Still undoubtedly her worst album IMO. Deeper and Deeper I still love but the rest.. my name is no.
13. Ray Of Light (1998) - My opinions on this classic are still not too high. Frozen is iconic, To Have And Not To Hold I like and The Power Of Goodbye is nice too. The rest is poo.
12. Hard Candy (2008) - This is a terrible album really, the singles are almost the only good tracks IMO.
11. Like A Prayer (1989) - Besides the title track which I love, I don't listen to anything else.
10. Madonna (1983) - I still like this album and it's a great 80s album but I rarely listen to any of it's tracks.
9. True Blue (1986) - My review is still the same. The singles are great, the rest not so much.
8. Music (2000) - I have very mixed feelings about this album because I love a lot of the tracks including bonus track 'Cyberraga' which I didn't hear originally but there is also a lot of tripe on it.
7. MDNA (2012) - I originally ranked this as my #1 probably because it felt familiar to a lot of other albums I like and it is still a great album to listen to as a whole, but on reflection I suppose it's quite generic and not all that special.
6. Confessions On A Dancefloor (2005) - It's a great album and probably her most iconic but I really don't listen to it all that much despite liking it all.
5. American Life (2003) - I still really like this album, a lot of brilliant tracks that I still sometimes play.
4. Like A Virgin (1984) - There are a lot of tracks on this album that I still like to play, mostly the singles but also the stand out track for me is 'Stay'.
3. Rebel Heart (2015) - This album has a lot of great lyrics and melodies, when I listen to it there really isn't a bad song for me.
2. Bedtime Stories (1994) - Ranked way too low on my original ranking, it's grown to be one of my favourite Madonna albums. I love the chill vibe of it and it is her most cohesive album with some a lot of amazing tracks.
1. Madame X (2018) - I stand by what I said when this album came out, I truly think it is her best. It's experimental, edgy and has a lot of different styles and sounds but it still manages to be cohesive and work as a whole. I love it! Perhaps it's biased due to it being the newest but for now at least, this is my favourite!
iScotty Delete2544 LovelyKiss NotAfraid Peace123 GilsGirl 75937563748
Leave a comment