This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

[HSC 10] HIP HIP HOORAY FOR LATVIA 🇱🇻

Topic » [HSC 10] HIP HIP HOORAY FOR..

14 days 14 hours ago
Yoko_Homo
Intro-
Music in Latvia has a unique essence characterized by the Latvian language, a very beautiful language to listen to. In recent times I have felt captivated by the indie music of that country and I was able to observe in common among several artists how they bare their soul in each song, showing themselves vulnerable and transmitting their emotions in a unique way.

-Voting system- This national team will consist of three participants. An anonymous jury made up of various people where each one will award 20 points to their favorite and 10 to their second favorite. Televote Through a survey they could choose their favorite, to whom they would be giving 10 points.
Candidates:

1-Artist Būū

A few years ago, she was depressed and running away from an environment that was dragging her down. This year, her star shone in Latvian show business. The young woman's songs are playing on the radio, and her debut album has just been released. "I simply learned to believe in myself," says Būū. "I realized that you can make money with music, so I tried a lot of things. I play the mandolin, the guitar, the violin, but the closest instrument to me is the voice," says Ilze, who stands out among young musicians with her unique voice timbre.

"It is pop music with the influence of different styles. In some places, I am also drawn to melodic rap," she describes her musical style. Ilze's idol in music is the gospel queen Mehelia Jackson. "I have listened a lot to old blues performers and the Beatles. I am inspired a lot by female rappers Doja Cat and Megan Thee Stallion . In Latvia, I like what Ansis, Edavārdi and Prata Vetra do ," she says and hopes to stand on the same stage with these artists one day.

Song:Sāku no sākuma

The song  (whose title means starting from the beginning) is a reflection of what we read in her biography. The personal and internal struggle to achieve balance in his life and find inner peace, even if that means starting from the beginning in the face of each fall, he will never stop pursuing his dream, which is to be able to live making music. The song saku no sakuma seeks to inspire positivity and transmit it to its listeners.

2- Kriz& Oz

Indie soul band from Rīga, Latvia. Formado in 2013, operated by:  Kristina Morins,Arturs Osipovs, Aleksandrs Solovjovs and  Marks Ivanovs

It all began somewhere in 2013 when one guitar player and one singer decided to make music together. But it wasn’t that easy, because all ideas they had needed some sort of a bridge between them. So on one cold winter evening they came to one producer and that’s how Kris & Oz came to life.
After couple of years working in the producers hidden lair they finally were ready to share their work with the world. They named it “Image of You”. And released their first single “If only I could“.
Few years later they participated in mighty competition “Supernova” where they valiantly fought for listeners hearts.
The band usually describes their sound as collection of dreamy textures and moody grooves.

3- Artist Polka
Song: Matrica

Polina Bykovskaya (born in Riga, Latvia), known professionally as POLKA is a Latvian singer, composer and performer. She declared herself in 2019, but was first heard only a year later with the release of her fourth single "Одна", which gained popularity in a short time and has not left the YouTube Latvia chart for a year now, occupying TOP20. Polina does not stop there. There are many vibe releases awaiting you this year.
About the song:

Matrica is an electro pop song with overtones of melancholy and chaos. The song is written in Russian and is about disappointment/betrayal in love and the desire to escape from that torment.

NOW IS THE MOMENT TO VOTE

VOTE HERE
https://strawpoll.com/wby5AvdkKyA
DEADLINE JUNE 5 TH
SPOTIFY PLAYLIST: 
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2xFfKQAEF7cPAXEpQZW8RA?si=sOdRoZEYSkmxWSVW4qTauw&pi=GdWZBe_NRj2wK

open group

Harmony Song Contest

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!